[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Rick & Morty writers insist on shoehorning sad or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Jerry_Smith.png (256KB, 688x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Jerry_Smith.png
256KB, 688x1012px
Why do Rick & Morty writers insist on shoehorning sad or dramatic scenes and plotlines into episodes? The show is never going to be Bojack Horseman, no matter how hard they try. What's wrong with just regular comedy or adventure?
>>
It happened in Adventure Time, it was cool since it happened once or twice in the first seasons.

Steven Universe is like that, but it happens everytime. I hope Rick & Motry dont go that path.
>>
>>94302768

Continuity/Depth are the hot new thing for cartoons

Holy fuck this show has an atrocious art style
>>
Fuck you we have like three threads about R&M up now, janitors please prune this before we wind up with 50
>>
>>94302829
It sucked in Adventure Time and Regular Show too. Is R&M officially doomed?
>>
File: 959589327391.gif (905KB, 410x246px) Image search: [Google]
959589327391.gif
905KB, 410x246px
Thank you for the thread, was going to make one myself. Episode 2 was shit because they made it about a family drama of shallow characters. Why do they want to make it into a drama when everyone with the exception of (maybe) rick is a basic character?

And no, making summer suddenly badass or morty the voice of reason doesn't give them depth, it only adds one more one-dimensional quirk.

Call me reddit if you want but I actually preferred the pseudointellectual episodes that tackle sci-fi concepts over this shitty soap opera.
>>
>>94302768
because its their show. makes your own show from scratch like they and many others did and have a network pick it up
>>
>>94302874
Having 3 daily threads for Gravity Falls, Steven Universe or Loud House is ok, but the moment we want to discuss actual fresh content that came out YESTERDAY it gets pruned?

Just hide the threads you don't like ffs.
>>
>>94302997
Fine, I will, bitch.
>>
>>94302768
>Bojack Horseman
But that show isn't even that good. It was just trying to capture the tragedy of Moral Oral and failed.
>>
>>94303002
>Having 3 daily threads for Gravity Falls, Steven Universe or Loud House is ok
No, it isn't, which is why they enforced the Generals rule.

Besides, I've seen two of those three threads pop up in the last few hours, at this rate, the fucking board will be 90% R&M by tonight, just like after the April 1st airing, and just like then it's stupid and pointless cuz all the threads are bitching about the same bullshit anyway.
>>
>>94303025
>Trying to capture the tragedy of Moral Oral and failed.
how far up your ass did you get that one from?
>>
>>94303093
Small intestine
>>
File: th1V0YO846.jpg (13KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
th1V0YO846.jpg
13KB, 288x216px
>>94302768
>SIMPSONS DID IT!
That's like saying all comic superheroes should stop because Superman was already the official first comic hero.

Both shows have this, but do so with very different means and typically different ways. If anything, it is the harsher reflects on reality that cannot only be funny, but much more reflective and meaningful.
By the way, Bojack is basically a complete ripoff of Louis combined with Dutchman... Rick and Marty is leagues more original and creative.
>>
>>94303160
>Autocorrect ruined the names I was trying to spell

Louie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1492966/
http://www.tv.com/shows/louie/

Duckman
http://www.tv.com/shows/duckman/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108755/
>>
>>94303160
Never said it was a copy. I said it wasn't as good, and it certainly isn't the forte of the show. So learn to fucking read.
>>
All Dan Harmon shows disappear up their own ass eventually
>>
>>94302768
I don't find Jerry sad as much as hilariously pathetic. I can't imagine someone - a real person - so beta and bitchmade that they could sympathize or even relate to him enough as to not get the joke. Then I see threads like these.

Did these same people cry their eyes out when Hans Moleman or Moe appeared on The Simpsons? This archetype has existed for longer than we've been alive. And people laugh at it. As a rule of thumb everyone should do their best not to find the character the wind calls a loser the most relatable character.
>>
>>94303314
you cant compare those two to Jerry.
>>
>>94303355
I just did. Jerry's character revolves around two things only: being the straight man to Rick's crazy bullshit and being comically putiful. The first is what warranted him being a main character and the second makes him the same character type as Hans Moleman. The difference is he appears more, but its the same gimmick.
>>
>>94303002
This is something completely different.
These cartoons have special rights.
Reddit and Memey have not.
>>
>>94302888
it didn't suck in AT when becky was doing it.

I remember you was fantastic
>>
>>94303258
That makes sense. I liked Duckman and I also enjoy Bojack. Duckman was way funnier though, as I recall. To twelve year old me, at least.
>>
>>94302768
Because every series require to have either a romance plot or a relationship drama, disregarding the genre.
Probably because it is relateable to everyone except virgins or something and they are convinces it sells better.
>>
>>94303093
Not as far as the writers of Bojack do
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.