[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when Robin went missing in the DCAU why didn't Bruce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: dcau robin.jpg (84KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
dcau robin.jpg
84KB, 600x333px
So when Robin went missing in the DCAU why didn't Bruce ask the Justice League for help finding him?
>>
>>94301338
He lost his Justice League costume and they wouldn't let him on the Watchtower.
>>
If it happens in Gotham, its his problem. He hates getting others involved.
>>
>>94301338
Bruce is a stupid asshole.
>>
>>94301338
>Bruce
>cooperating with other people willingly

He didn't even intentionally recruit any of his three sidekicks.
>>
>>94302495
Or Terry.
>>
>>94301338
Didn't the Justice League didn't exist at this point when this happened?
>>
>>94302762

Joker appeared in Justice League so it'd have to be afterwards.
>>
>>94303526
Oh, right. Darn, then Bruce was an asshole...

Then again, Gotham is "his" city and he'd rage like an autist that somebody is in it or is trying to help him. Seriously, he's retarded.
>>
>>94301338

>Hey guys, plz help my find Robin, he's gone missing. Worried the Joker might hurt him, this is urgent!
>Kys
>Robin is found and rescued by The Flash within 5 minutes.
>Thanks guys!
>Movie's over.
>>
>>94301338
Also wonder why he didn't ask J'onn to help fix Tims mind after Joker broke it
>>
>>94305220
>Don't worry Bruce, I'll mend Robin's mind an- AAAARRRGGHH!
>>
>>94305220

Also:

>Hey Clark, would you mind grabbing Joker by the balls and flying him to Arkham? K, Thx, Bye

>Batman'd
>>
File: J.J._&_Harley.jpg (20KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
J.J._&_Harley.jpg
20KB, 320x240px
>>94301502
This is the reason. Batman is the detective, it'd be a sorry state of affairs if he couldn't locate his own sidekick on his home turf without Flash or J'onn.

>>94301338
You can also assume the League was busy with some big threat or interplanetary drama and Batman sat out specifically to find his wayward ward. This is like his third Robin; he got them into this life, it's his responsibility to take care of things. And yes Bruce is an asshole but that's beside the point this time.
>>
>>94305805
>And yes Bruce is an asshole but that's beside the point this time.

Actually, him being an asshole might have something to do with not knowing how / refusing to ask for help. Leading to tragedy. So it's not entirely beside the point.
>>
Doesn't Batman actively keep Superman out of Gotham?
How would Gotham be if Superman was its hero instead?
>>
File: Batman-Top-10.jpg (79KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Top-10.jpg
79KB, 970x545px
>>94305920
That's if we assume there was absolutely nothing going on that the League was busy with. Keep in mind that Drake had been left alone in charge of Gotham while Batman was elsewhere. That alone suggests the League was into some shit, and Bruce ran back to figure out what the heck happened to Tim. And Batman's supposed to be the best detective the League has; no one should have been better suited to tracking down a missing person in Gotham than Batman.

I don't think it was unreasonable for Batman to not call in the whole watchtower to take Gotham apart looking for his guy.
>>
>>94306017
It would have stronger super villains that would displace the status quo in Gotham for better or worse. Where Superman goes, you get Brainiac, Metallo, Kalibak, Bizarro...the list goes on. The prime Batman rogues would probably up their game as well with better weapons or bigger alliances.
>>
>>94305220
Timmverse manhunter is a jobber.

Probably couldn't fix it even if he wanted to.
>>
>>94305220
But Tim's mind was fixed.
What he should have done is asked Superman to give him a skin cancer screening, then he would have found the microchip
>>
>>94306084
Even with the doomsday space villains, Metropolis seems to be a much safer place to live than Gotham.
>>
File: ponderbat.jpg (28KB, 580x300px) Image search: [Google]
ponderbat.jpg
28KB, 580x300px
>>94306029

You are probably correct, but in a shared universe like theTimmverse, I think many assumptions could be put to rest with a simple line of dialogue such as "The League was busy with X...."

>I do realize I'm nitpicking here.
>>
>>94305408
>AAAARRRGGHH!
Everytime. Can't unhear it.
>>
File: Grayson.gif (465KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Grayson.gif
465KB, 500x375px
>>94306412
I agree with you, but that might go into some legal territory too. We might think an offhand mention of a clearly related property would be cut and dry, but crossover rules can get weird. It's simpler to keep the setting self contained without invoking the wider expanded universe and leave that aspect to the imagination.

Sort of like how they always seemed to skirt around mentioning the JLA or Batman in Teen Titans (I realize that's not Timmverse, but they do hint at it sometimes)
>>
File: IMG_20170731_181528.jpg (26KB, 480x299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170731_181528.jpg
26KB, 480x299px
>>94306597

....Good point.
>>
>>94306256
The state doesn't value Gotham enough to trust it with a budget as it's still recovering from decades of corruption in the police and local government.

Metropolis never had the corruption and can afford to outfit its cops with lasers and jetpacks.
>>
>>94306017
There was a comic where Superman visits Gotham, the sun was actually visible and the residents were actually happy for once, and Batman takes note of this.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.