[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it a good thing Summer goes on adventures with them now? No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 14

File: glop.jpg (158KB, 859x585px) Image search: [Google]
glop.jpg
158KB, 859x585px
is it a good thing Summer goes on adventures with them now? No more room for good jokes or storytelling when we got two EDGELORDS to deal with.
>>
>>94296390
I think seeing her evolution in response to the wacky science-fiction adventures in comparison to Morty is quite interesting. Morty has become quite a bit more jaded, but still tries to keep some semblance of morality. He even calls out when Rick goes to far at times. Summer, on the other hand, seems to have started reveling in her grandfather's nihilism, to the point of bloodthirst.
>>
>>94296436
Yeah, but the ending of S3E2.

And the bit with her as a wife was clearly meant to mirror Rick's wife.
>>
>>94296390
What part of her being able to come on adventures means that she'll be in all of them?
>>
I seriously doubt she'll be in that many of them. Rick himself said sometimes. I think this was necessary in a way due to the fallout of the divorce, but a lot of the clips and the intro suggest it's still mostly Rick and Morty, or at least no less than season 2.
>>
>>94296508
Well, someone has to hang out with Beth and Jerry for subplots.
Hope you're all ready for Beth and Jerry to go on dates.
>>
File: 1501485699722.png (79KB, 1225x243px) Image search: [Google]
1501485699722.png
79KB, 1225x243px
>>94296390
Just gonna leave this here to make you know how shitty this season will be
>>
>>94296521
And what about this image means the season will be shitty?
>>
>>94296528
Look at the writers
>>
>>94296528
I believe he's referring to the list of female writers.
>>
>>94296528
comblr, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>94296560
Last nights episode was fine and it was written by a chick.
>>
File: 1501486599495.png (352KB, 657x513px) Image search: [Google]
1501486599495.png
352KB, 657x513px
>>94296521
>>94296528
>Jessica gao
She also worked on pic related.
Next episode probably gonna be garbage
>>
>>94296579
Well, I guess we'll see.
>>
>>94296521
I wish all those clickbait sites hadn't made a big deal about the writers thing, both because they are obnoxious and because it fueled the /r9k/ autists. We're not going to be able to have a Rick and Morty thread without them shitting things up. Fuck, I'd rather take the Reddit and Memey spergs than this shit.
>>
>>94296597
Yeah, well, that's the way this site is now.
You can't really have a conversation about anything you like.
Not here, not on /v/, not on /a/.
>>
>>94296579
Well... Fuck
>>
>>94296597
yah its gonna be terrible trying to criticize episodes with out some autist defending vaginas as if they can do no wrong right?
>>
File: WlTxq4h.jpg (52KB, 650x640px) Image search: [Google]
WlTxq4h.jpg
52KB, 650x640px
>>94296521
Why the fuck couldn't they just stay with the same writing team from the first 2 seasons?

Why
>>
>>94296579
Name ONE good female cartoon writer. You can't!
>>
>>94296579
In her defense I don't remember Legend of Awesomeness being shit
>>
>>94296629
Jane Becker
>>
>>94296621
>calling women "vaginas"
>>
>>94296628
Because shows can become stale.
>>
It's nbd so long as she isn't an overbearing edgelord mega bitch wanna-be main character like she was in tonight episode. Rick and morty for 9 seasons, not rick summer and morty
>>
>>94296621
>don't like a single episode
>therefore all episodes written by females will be shit for all time

You're on 4chan faggot, not tumblr or twitter. The types of shitheads who'll defend anything made by or with women in them don't go here. It's real fucking hard to criticize female made shit when fags like you fulfill every strawman tumblrfags give of people who don't like stuff they do.
>>
>>94296685
Hey, watch it. You might scare the tumblrite and make him run back to rebbit.
>>
>>94296628
Because of "MUH DIVERSITY"
>>
>>94296642

Well dicks hardly seems apt
>>
>>94296628
Because we wouldn't have epic characters like Summer in the last episode!
>>
>>94296390
what are you kidding?

Summer is the most enjoyable character in the show. Rick is mostly an amoral jackass, sometimes you can get behind him but more often than not there isn't much to like

and Morty is basically a one note whine machine who rarely likes being on adventures

Summer is actually relateble since unlike Morty she enjoys having a crazy life and unlike Rick she isn't dead to the joys of the world
>>
>>94296628
Because Harmon fired them after they unionised and demanded healthcare to be covered.
>>
>>94296640
Becker sucks.
>>
>>94297544
GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRLLLLLLLLL POWER
>>
>>94297645
It's almost as if Summer is some kind of capable autonomous gentlewoman!
>>
File: 1501475389052.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501475389052.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>94297645
>enjoying a female character makes me a feminist

its pretty sad how quickly this board is losing intelligence, gonna be as bad as /tv/ pretty soon
>>
>>94297676
Isn't /co/ literally the dumbest bord?
>>
>>94296436
>I think seeing her evolution in response to the wacky science-fiction adventures in comparison to Morty
both characters behaved in the exact same way and did the exact same thing in the last episode
only difference is morty had to let go of his arm while summer experienced the wonders of marrying her father
>>
>>94297734
not really, Morty had a small adventure and was ready to go home

Rick had to intentionally manipulate the entire society and then it still took Summer 3 weeks to get sick of it to the point that she wanted to leave

Summer gets caught up in adventures, Morty doesn't
>>
>>94297764
except morty chased rick and asked him if they could come to this universe evry other weekend
thats him getting invested
>>
>>94297544
No. Not really.
>>
Why is Rick and Morty the only show that people are upset has female writers on it?
>>
>>94297928
it isn't, shit talk like this has been going on since that Ghostbusters movie last year

it just wasn't super common on /co/ but since Rick and Morty brings in a lot of normies from other boards like /tv/ we end up getting this crap
>>
>>94297928
Because the show went downhill at season 2, fans are testy about quality.

They think lady-penned scripts will automatically be worse than intergalactic cable, or middling at best. They don't want a mediocre season after the last one so any ingredient that isn't fomulated to the exacting standards of the legendary first season is automatically recipe for disaster. Evidently, part of it is the carefully calculated estrogen levels among writing staff (???).
>>
>>94298069
good post

This show can't seem to live up to the wad it blew in season 1.
>>
>>94298069
>>94298088
maybe I'm nuts but I liked season two way more than season one

most of season one was a mix of nihilist drivel and lamely done scifi parodies

season two had a lot more character and a tighter sense of its own world instead of just being a random mix of scifi concepts
>>
>>94298127
But it also had shwifty.
Nothing can excuse that.
>>
>>94298182
yeah that episode was fucking awful
>>
>>94298127
>season two had a lot more character and a tighter sense of its own world instead of just being a random mix of scifi concepts
you just described WHY S2 was weaker
>>
>>94298127
Scifi Nihilism was at least a theme. It feels like this show is just turning into another animated sitcom.
>>
>>94298182
>>94298202
if they removed Ice T nigger faggot it would be fine
>>
>>94298231
Ice T was literally the only funny bit in that episode
>>
>>94298030
i mean ghostbusters's whole ad campaign was "silly boys! girls can do it too!"

A LOT of Ghostbusters fans were fine with an all girl sequel (well disappointed the version with Chris Pratt dropped because Sony hates money I guess.) but the tone of the ad campaign hinted at just what a hollow product they had.
>>
>>94298218
and you just explained that you have shit taste
>>
>>94298247
yeah but people basically turned their anger over that huge disappointment into literal sexism against female writers

like I never cared about or saw the 2016 Ghostbusters movie, but thats basically where the whole men hating female writers comes from
>>
>>94298069
>>94298282
Well they're apparently picking scripts based on merit alone, so if this season is bad, it's entirely up to whatever quality control Roiland and co feel like exercising.
>>
>>94296629
Faust
>>
Even with all the arbitrary shit people are throwing here, let me remind you that as much as anons call it a reddit show, reddit is bitching about it more than 4chan.
>>
>>94298843
Was she a sole writer for a show or more of a producer and design lead for the writers? I forgot what role she took before she left her last big project.
>>
I'm not liking the way the show took with this season at all. They've made Rick, Summer, and Morty way too nihilistic and unfun to root for anymore. They just kill people, do some stupid shit, kill more people, break 4th wall, etc. It feels like the new writers only knew a fraction about what makes it good and are just going though the motions. Every episode gets less and less interesting as time goes on. And of all the episodes you could use to get right back into their adventures, why use Mad Max? Animation has done this trope to death now. If there is one more cartoon that does this I'm gonna cringe. Literally every mainstream cartoon has done it and Rick and Morty did not make it more interesting.

I hate how they are handling Beth and Jerry too. Beth feels like a plot device and they just fucking shit on Jerry when he's always been the most interesting character to me. I wish the show was about him and his divorce right now honestly. Just break from the darkest adventures and do something else for a bit, it might shake things up. Which this episode has shown it hasn't been doing. Instead they try to top themselves every episode to be their darkest adventure, which will blow up in their face real quick when people leave because it's not what they came for. I came for good characters and fantastic worlds, not edge, teenage angst, and Rick's increasingly horrible antics. It's just depressing and hollow.

Last thing I wanted to say was that it just isn't fun anymore. I started watching it because Rick and Morty were the ultimate team and every joke they did was so well crafted and clever. Now its just literally "BURP, NO GOD MORTY, I'M A PICKLE, BURP, I HATE YOU AND I NEVER CARED FOR YOU OR YOUR DAD MORTY. BURP!" They've made him so punchable. I hope that's what they're building up to because I'm not going to put up with this forever he ruins himself and the other characters.

The female writers are the shitty Hollywood Liberal kind so it's expected, but damn.
>>
>>94298845
Reddit is cancer, nobody here cares what they're doing.
Stop trying to make me care.
I said stop it!
>>
>>94298923
>I hate how they are handling Beth and Jerry too. Beth feels like a plot device and they just fucking shit on Jerry when he's always been the most interesting character to me.

Do you happen to be and/or have a failure of a father who can't do anything right yet is constantly self assured against all reason?
>>
>>94298247
>ghostbusters's whole ad campaign was
if you don't watch this movie you hate women and you are worse than hitler
>>
>>94296561

So not reacting to all females with revulsion is /co/mblr?

You gay son?
>>
>>94296390
>>94297544
This, honestly. Summer really is the best character in the show. Morty always flip flops in his personality and Rick is a giant meme

>>94298127
you are nuts
>>
>>94298923
Whether or not he cares for Summer or Morty, the only reason he bothered to go back for them was because Beth would be upset with him if he didn't. What kind of ramifications could that have? How could any Beth being upset in one universe (or any universe for that matter) have any impact on his agenda?
I'd say that calls into question whether Rick really is 100% nihilistic after all. He clearly places some value on his family's interactions with him.
>>
>>94298923
>I wish the show was about him and his divorce right now honestly.
The entire first season was about the parents relationship. Fuck that

rest of your post discarded

>>94299043
he isnt nihilistic, he just loses inteerest quickly. He clearly cares about them, especially since being in a universe without them is out of the question. He actually says if he leaves them he'll have to go through the trouble of finding a new Morty and Summer, as being without them isnt an option
>>
>>94296521
Well the new episode was written by a literally who and was great, so this image just gIves me more hype.
>>
>>94296508
She was in the last two and is confirmed to be the focus of the next
>>
>>94298952

You ever have a mother with such crippling unchecked mental issues that she'd rather keep around a man that drags you into dangerous, life threatening situations every day of your life than tell him to stop endangering her children?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R9zjfEi_Bo

How far can you make it watching this?
>>
>>94296508
>>94296390
>>94299174
Rick and Summer is a better pairing than Rick and Morty and only plebs disagree, so this is good
>>
>>94299108
>as being without them isnt an option
And his explanations for why are always as nihilistic as possible. He claims they're just tools and conveniences. At least his explanation for Morty is. I can't recall if the writers have given any reason to Summer or the rest of his family yet or if they're going to just let it be as you say.
>>
>>94299218
He literally says he loves his grand kids at the end of Season 1 though. His nihilism is his personality but I think that he still has emotional attachment to everyone in the family except Jerry.
>>
>>94299174
>is confirmed to be the focus of the next
Where? S3E3's A-plot is Pickle Rick.
>>
>>94299032
>Reddit response
How often do you embarrass yourself like this in real life? I imagine it's a lot.
>>
>>94298933
Sorry, during the off season, it was cool to associate this with reddit. I just found it funny when /tv/ confirmed that reddit are bitching about the show (due to the fanbase, but still) more than >us
>>
>>94296561
>>94299272
please stop pretending you browse here often
>>
>>94299197
How is Summer better? I can already feel the teenager jokes getting old.
>>
>>94299256
He says that, but then the beginning of season 3 has him aping his rant at the end of the pilot episode.
For whatever reason, he vacillates between warm and cold to manipulate those around him. We still don't know what his end game is.
>>
>>94299327
Because Rick and Summer episodes are usually about them being closer to equals, where she actually does stuff rather than cry about his ideology like Morty does. Episodes like the one where Summer got the job with the Devil or the season 1 finale were good because the interaction between them was more natural to me

>>94299338
I think both rants are tenuous in how much we should believe them desu
>>
>>94299197
>Rick and Rick is better then Rick and Morty
Maybe season 1 and parts of season 2 Summer had an interesting dynamic with Rick for thr occasional episode but her dynamic now as just Rick 2.0 is just boring as Hell.
>>
>>94299519
>Rick and Rick is better then Rick and Morty
yes honestly. Morty is inconsistent, hypocritical and holier than thou. The universe of the show bends to make his decisions stupid no matter how much sense they make (like the goodbye moonman one or helping the girl in the purge episode) and he is passive, voicing his complaints and doing something at the very end rather than right from the start

With Rick and Summer, it's like he's going against someone who's him but has a different opinion. When he proves himself right or wrong it has more weight to it
>>
Yeah but, why was Rick there when Morty went to kill the slaver guy
>>
>>94300000
quints used for a very good question
>>
>>94296521
>only 6 episodes
please tell me thats not all of them
>>
>>94300123
Last I heard the count was at 10.
>>
>>94296629
Rebecca Sugar
and with that im out. goodnight everybody!
>>
>>94300123
There are 10. The details on the other 4 just haven't come out yet.
>>
So, how far into the season is Summer going to have a crisis about turning into her mother and get an abortion?
>>
>>94300211
lol they said they were doing 14 episodes. what did they spend their time doing
>>
>>94300286
The writing process was long for season 3, likely due to the shakeups they had with the crew, so it was late going to the animators.
>>
File: NefcyACute.jpg (202KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
NefcyACute.jpg
202KB, 960x1200px
>>94296629
Daron Nefcy
>>
Less summer. Pain to see her even on screen.
>only faggots will give this episode a 6-10/10
>>
>>94300544
I gave it a 6/10 and I pack fudge for a living. No homo.
>>
>>94296521
>>94296579
>>94296629
This shows how fundamentally retarded /co/ is with development of the cartoons they sperg out over. A random writer gets their name slapped on an episode, the drafts the original female writers bring in get cut to pieces and the entire room finishes. Their original drafts for their previous seasons went the same way, most of their original ideas and dialog goes out the window then they use it as an outline for the rest of the episode. The bitch who wrote it brought in a script about going into books and Harmon/Roland/the rest of the writers redirected it into what they had for the final version. They even talk about it in some of their interviews specifically.

It's shitty because it's a decline of quality in general from Harmon and Roland or they'd have every opportunity to save each episode, and completely change it around like the one that just aired. More accurately, though, you have unreasonable standards because you see a cunts name and start shitting your pants and throwing a fit.
>>
>>94299190
Actually seeing the thumbnail. No way am I clicking that shit.
>>
>>94296628
The humorous thing about liberals like Dan Harmon is that they love the ideals of liberalism until they actually have to pay for it, then they turn into evil white-right-wing drumfss. A large portion of the writing staff unionized and demanded healthcare as part of their benefits package and Harmon fired them all
>>
>>94301121
god you're dumb.
>>
>>94301172
What did I say that was wrong or inaccurate? Harmon is one of those 'proud liberals' on twitter and social media who didn't live up to the ideals when presented with that choice in real life.
>>
>>94301121
Those kind of people arent liberal or right wing, they're just lazy and beleive whatever makes things easiest for them at the moment
>>
>>94296390
Why is it called Rick and Morty if it's about an adventure trio?
>>
>>94301290
The show probably expanded naturally from the original premise. If you know of the show Cougar Town, that's a perfect example. And a perfect show
>>
File: get out.jpg (59KB, 421x578px) Image search: [Google]
get out.jpg
59KB, 421x578px
>>94296390
saged
>>
>>94301193
The only thing you got wrong were all of the facts.
>>
>>94296518
>Well, someone has to hang out with Beth and Jerry for subplots.

Honestly the A plot/B plot format is one of the shows weakest points. It's rare that they pull out an episode where both plots are solid. Even though I thought last night's episode was fairly weak, I liked that the Beth scenes were short and to the point. Hoping for more of that this season.
>>
>>94297544
Summer is fucking awful
>>
>>94301326
Is it not about cougars anymore?
>>
>>94297865
I think that's just him trying to get a compromise between summer and rick
>>
>reddit and memey
kys
>>
>>94301474
Go back to /tv/
>>
>>94296628
Union haters in charge of the show
>>
i want to fuck summer in that outfit, thank you based roiland
>>
>>94301390
Wow. You really showed him.
>>
>>94301402
it was supposed to be about a cougar getting back into the dating scene but after like 5 episodes they liked the cast dynamics so much it just became a hangout show then they spent the next 6 seasons making jokes about how the name means nothing anymore
>>
>>94301524
Since you won't stop spamming this meme until somebody slaps the cock out of your mouth, here's what you got wrong:

1. It was the artists unionizing, not the writers
2. Nobody got fired
3. They got their health benefits almost immediately. They unionized on a Thursday and got their healthcare on the following Monday without a day of strike.

Now stfu christ
>>
>>94298282
Not really dude. The vast majority of people had legitimate complaints, but those were drowned out by the very small amount of actual sexist criticism that the media focused on. Sony even deleted actual valid critique of their trailer but left the sexist comments on their videos. The media did the exact same thing with the latest Star Trek series. There were articles made completely dismissing criticism based on a single digit number of tweets in that case. Shouting sexist is one of the most effective ways of deflecting criticism these days, and hardly anyone fact checks.
>>
>>94301602
harmon please have more slutty summer
thank you
>>
>>94301580
To be honest, the name of the show was the main reason why I never bothered with it. Sounded like a Sex and the City kinda thing. Is it like Scrubs now or what?
>>
>>94301634
I'm going to make her fat. The SJWs told me I have to.
>>
File: 1467712818614.jpg (13KB, 196x178px) Image search: [Google]
1467712818614.jpg
13KB, 196x178px
I feel like they think more detailed animations and more saturated design will mean an "improved" Rick & Morty. I really hope the second episode is an outlier because it was a shit episode. I still have hopes that it's going to be a good season since the first episode was good.
>>
>>94301605
no you misunderstand my point, the point isn't about the movie, as I said I literally don't care about it at all, the point is it was used as a jumping off point for sexism based criticism to be more common, I'm not sure how it being partly manufactured changes
>>
>>94301675
Can we reach a compromise and make her thicc instead?
>>
As long as we still get jokes about Summer pissing herself then it's all good.
>>
>>94297712
Nah. /pol/ still wears that crown proudly.
>>
>>94301773
You misspelled /b/ friend.
>>
I liked the rapport Morty had going with his post-apocalyptic fapping arm.
>>
>>94296628
Season 2 was mediocre. New blood will either make it better or worse, we'll just have to see.
>>
>>94297544
>Summer is actually relateble since unlike Morty she enjoys having a crazy life and unlike Rick she isn't dead to the joys of the world
how is this relatable?
>>
File: medick.jpg (40KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
medick.jpg
40KB, 346x346px
>>94301955
"Just make a fist if this isn't over."
"This isn't over."
>>
can i get the mega?
>>
>>94302004
Look anon, not ALL of us are entirely dead to the joys of the world.
>>
>>94296390
>implying that summer won't get knocked down a peg
>>
>>94302004
Some people like having fun
>>
>>94297544
This is truth. I also appreciate, as someone who had a horrible teenaged sister, that they don't try to soften her or whatever the fuck. /co/ be like "she's an awful bitch!", but I mean, yeah, that's what a lot of teenage girls are like, especially in dysfunctional homes where their parents can't cooperate enough to discipline them. Where the hell else can you see that accurately depicted?

Haley on American Dad isn't that bright but isn't sadistic or spiteful usually, Meg on FG is just there to be shat on, Candice from P&F is a nice balance between being the butt of jokes and an actual character, but still, she's never mean.

Remember the memory parasites episode, when she had no problem killing who she thought were lifelong friends and Morty flashed back to her kicking him in the nads for no reason? "She's real. She's my bitch of a sister."
>>
>>94301955
that's my one armed man
>>
>>94297544
>Summer is actually relateble since unlike Morty she enjoys having a crazy life and unlike Rick she isn't dead to the joys of the world

I would agree with this if it wasn't for her suicidal recklessness that we've seen from her in the last episode. Maybe it was just the grief of the divorce, but it sorta feels like she's only participating because she's at a no risk position as a main character? Maybe she really is just suicidally nihilistic, but it's a dramatic shift from her generally normal personality in seasons 1 and 2.
>>
>>94296628

Season 2 was garbage. At least let this one finish.
>>
>>94296629
Pam Brady from early South Park
>>
>>94300141
U talking about that crazy feminist dumb piece of cunt? wew lad
>>
>>94298952
That's not fair. Jerry tries to do the right thing and provide for his family, but the universe conspires against him. The only time he's ever shown to be a success are alternate universe where Rick isn't berating him.
>>
Sure is summer in here
>>
>>94296390
So, how was the episode? Rate from 1 to 10

6/10
>>
>>94302409
You're always free to go to another board if you feel like this one isn't up to your standards. :^)
>>
>>94296629
Pretty much every female writer on Bojack Horseman
>>
>>94302291
See, and that's my biggest complaint with Summer so far. I'm hoping her sucidial nihilism will eventually mellow out because it's just not that interesting. I'd prefer, especially if they are going to keep doing plots with Summer, that they take an approach similar to season 2 where Morty and Summer sort of trade off on being the voice of reason. Morty gets boring constantly having to be the voice of reason, and Summer is just boring when she's just Rick's lapdog.
>>
>every thread from now on is gonna be autists blaming their dislike of new episodes on women

I swear there was a time /co/ was better than this.

The episode was good, it wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad at all, there have been much worse in both s1 and s2.

also if you're one of those people who always shits on s2 then please get the fuck out, the show isn't for you. s2 basically objectively obliterated s1 and if you didn't like it at all you had your expectations waaay too high.

I mean christ there is so much more to talk about with this episode but nope almost every post is just "muh women writers" rather than discussing the actual content of the show.

Personally I wanted to discuss what people think will happen to Jerry--will he ever man up and fight for getting his kids back? Or will he realize that no longer having the responsibilities of a father and living the NEET life is better for him? Will the universe keep shitting on him like in the final scene or will he ever have some redemption from being the beta he usually is? like shit that's just one character that the new episode offers stuff to discuss about.
>>
>>94303293
Literally nothing of worth will happen to Jerry except maybe accidentally getting a hooker pregnant and starting a new family by accident all over again
>>
>>94303579

>source: my ass
>>
>>94303766
His source is the how the last two seasons treated Jerry
>>
>>94303793

okay but we are no longer in the last two seasons.
>>
File: 1500194291882.png (868KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500194291882.png
868KB, 554x400px
>men write sci-fi concept
>we get cool shit like the time stopping fuck up episode, giant heads coming to Earth for a contest, universes taking advantage of each other for fuel supply, etc

>women write sci-fi concept
>we get Mad Max 4 ripoff planet and PICKLE RIIIIIICK XD
>>
>>94296390
Who cares. Beth adventures WHEN.
>>
>Summer complains about how she's the only one that doesn't care
>Guy she married literally just went with the flow of how the new society went and chose relaxing and watching tv over mindless bloodlust because who cares
That guy was probably the only true "nihilist" the show had. Rick pretends to not give a shit and Summer is just basic bitch daddy issues.
>>
>>94303864
>bunch of wacky random bullshit like a time stopping fuck up episode, giant heads coming to Earth for a contest, universes taking advantage of eachother for fuel supply, etc
>its all just basically a backdrop for a preachy little fuck to whine at the author's self insert and the whiny, princibled boy is always shit on
>nothing really happens in any of these episodes except presenting some south-park tier message to the audience

>women write sci-fi concept
>we get a Mad Max 4 ripoff that does more to the show and characters than any original premise ever did, unless you count cheap laughs.

Hmm...
>>
>>94303864
You conveniently left out the Purge parody, that giant head episode was 50% jokes about people saying an nonsense word and Interdimensional cable 2.

People tend to forget that Harmon literally stopped trying as hard at this point. Did everyone forget all the interviews where he said the Schrodinger episode was a bitch to make and he wanted to make more episodes like the Purge one?
>>
>>94303864
Yeah. Tiny Cute High school risk is a much more high brow concept then PICKLE rick!

Take that women!
>>
>>94303952
>Beth Tries to join in on Rick's adventures but has to do her job and laments that what she sees as her children stealing her quality time with her Father
>Beth becomes less stable because she no longer has anyone to look down on
>Beth stalks Jerry purely to shit on him and kick him while he's down and Jerry, being a spineless coward, does nothing to stop her or get a restraining order
>Beth eventually gets bored of bullying Jerry and figures that she's lonely and needs to get back into the dating scene
>Beth goes through a multitude of suitors, all leaving her either because of her terrible, emotionally abusive personality, her family's (particularly her father's) insane antics, or both
>Beth, fully alone and under appreciated by her father, falls into a downward spiral of alcoholism and depression.
>>
>>94304276
I really want this so bad but it's not looking good. Even when Jerry is out of the house it's literally all about him. The kids are angry at dad but nobody seems to give two shits about Beth.
>>
>>94304324
Beth didn't give the ultimatum
>>
>>94296629
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_Dad!_episodes

Some of the American Dad! writers.
>>
>>94303864
>we get a shitty improv clip show
>>
File: Drax.jpg (150KB, 700x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Drax.jpg
150KB, 700x1120px
>>94300480
>>
File: 1491769230483.gif (2MB, 326x248px) Image search: [Google]
1491769230483.gif
2MB, 326x248px
>>94296390
The main problem is that the writers have to be careful with the jokes that Summer may be involved in sadly.
>Making sure she's empowered.
>>
>>94296629
Mlp writers, specifically Amy Keating Rogers, Songco and Lewis.
>>
File: 4313120.png (7KB, 467x377px) Image search: [Google]
4313120.png
7KB, 467x377px
>Summer is no longer a virgin

feels bad man
>>
>>94303293
S2 was shit compared to S1 outside one or two episodes

I agree with the rest
>>
>>94303864
>>94304165
See, the issue here isn't the sex of the person who wrote the episode - it's the fact that it's a movie parody episode. The Jurassic Park episode was bad, the Purge episode was bad, the Mad Max episode was bad. Really the only one that worked was the Inception one because it was so far removed from the movie (arguably both Inception episodes if you could the simulation episode).
>>
>>94304496
>we get best episode of the show
Fixed
>>
>>94304172
>Tiny Cute High school risk is a much more high brow concept then PICKLE rick!

Actually it was. Especially with how clever they satirized the "teen angst" thing and that Rick could only talk about his problems through music.
>>
>Summer
You know she's only getting fronted more because Harmon's new team is mainly women and he's useing that to draw attention away from the fact that he went full Scott Walker on his actual team when they unionized to get basic healthcare.
>>
>>94304161
>we get a Mad Max 4 ripoff that does more to the show and characters than any original premise ever did
Uhh it's just a rehash of shit from The Purge episode
>>
>>94305663
When was it ever implied that she was? She's had a boyfriend from the beginning.
>>
>>94306058
She definitely felt Mary Sue-ish this time around.

Also, I prefer it to be either Rick and Morty or Rick and Summer adventures, all three of them at the same time don't have a good dynamic.
>>
>>94305955
>Interdimensional Cable 2 is the best episode

There is no dimension where this is true.
>>
>>94305049
Not really. She spent most of this episode acting out and being a dumbass. Which was very reasonable and in no way PC.
>>
>>94306137
>Interdimensional Cable 2
was at least miles better than the 1st one
>>
>>94305955
>>94306231
holy fuck, this is the taste of the people who are bitching about women in this thread.

>>94306058
She has been a third main character since season 1
>>
>>94301121
You're aware the guys that make rick and morty don't own cartoon network, right? If there's a union and the people that run the company go fuck no get the fuck out it isn't a thing where one show head can wave their magic wand and make it all okay. They can fire whoever they want and go get the fuck out too if you don't like it. Harmon probably got the choice of continuing, albeit pissed, or taking his moral high ground and leaving the show. And after community's retarded shit he just dealt with I doubt he cared enough.
>>
>>94302033
It's on the adult swim website anon.
>>
>>94299722
>With Rick and Summer, it's like he's going against someone who's him but has a different opinion.

The problem with that is Rick is the smartest being in multiple universes and Summer is a basic teenage girl. Her opinion means jack shit.
>>
>>94296528
Cooties, anon. Duh. Cuck.
>>
>>94304324
>>94304396
the thing that pisses me off about the show is that it never takes the piss out of beth for being an alcoholic bitch. At least not as much as they shit on Jerry and change his personality every episode. Seriously it takes one episode for him to turn back into a weasel after fighting his evil mind version of his wife. This is not good writing. Jokes shouldn't dominate storytelling, that's how you end up as family guy.
>>
>>94305200
>Mlp
>>/trash/
>>
>>94305200
Careful. Them's fightin words on here.
>>
>>94296629
your new goddess
>>
>>94306224
Exactly. I don't get where this 'Summer's a mary sue that controls fire and does no wrong remember the good old days when she just did all the same shit she does now but I liked it more because knowing someone bleeding out their cunt is at some point in the writers room triggers me' retardation is coming from.
>>
>>94296521
???
what the fuck i thought the female staff recruitment a while back was a meme
goddamn
>>
>>94296521
>Rickshank Redemption
>Less that a million people tuned in to watch
>Even though they marathoned it all night
I hope it was worth it you fucking faggots, I missed out on Jack and Toonami because of that shit
>>
>>94296571
Iiiiiit was pretty bad. It had no focus, it was all over the place and the jokes fell flat. It had absolutely no idea what it wanted to do.
>>
>>94298843
I will never forgive her for Bendy
>>
>>94296628
Wouldn't have changed much since even S2 was shit. S1 has been the only good one so far
>>
>>94297544
>Summer is actually relateble since unlike Morty she enjoys having a crazy life
I don't think she was having a whole lot of fun in that sentient car
>>
>>94297712
No, that's /gif/. It's literally full of teenagers
>>
>>94301121
The humorous thing about idioooo.. Ah, I mean conservatives, is that for the life of them they can't distinguish "nuance" from "double standard" and will straw-man a liberal position to include opinions and ideas it doesn't hold.
>>
>>94302460
Joke

Your head
>>
Anyone else turned on by Summer and hemmorage getting it on?
>>
>>94296719
Is it any worse than
>"EWW GIRLS"
>>
Hey anyone have an image of hemmorages t shirt?
>>
>>94296521
Oh well, I'll download the season when it ends and binge watch it when I'm bored and drunk.
>>
>>94308704
Women can't write comedy so no.
>>
>>94308080
Not really. Maybe on /b/. /co/ probably enjoys the show more than /mlp/.
>>
>>94303864
Pickle Rick is going to be a body horror episode, you fucking autist.
>>
>>94296390
i just wish the show weren't so sad. the writers are really good at imagery and fun adventures but it gets to unpleasant to see such dry and sad things played at such an overbearing level.
>>
>>94309481
>Pickle Rick with random rat body parts sewed to him, willingly
>"body horror"
Nice joke sweetie.
>>
>>94308241
I'm still salty about that too
>>
>>94305663
So the fuck what? she has her fathers head
>>
>>94304276
>R&M
>Having any actual character development or lasting effects that go beyond an episode
They've clearly already demonstrated that they would rather try and be a family guy with shitty references and no meaningful continuity because "LMAO NOTHING MATTERS"
>>
>>94296390
i feel like summer's role when she started going on adventurers was to be the straightman
>>
>>94296390
Wait, so it's "Rick, Summer and Morty" now?
>>
>>94308252
This. I only got the connection of the post apocalyptic wasteland and the inner turmoil the kids were facing inside thanks to some anon pointing it out on a thread because there was so much going on. To be fair I think Rick did vaguely mention it but I still think the episode would have done better if they toned down the Mad Maxx references.
>>94301393
The only time they nailed it for me was Ricksty Minutes if that even counts.
>>
>>94298843
Top tier producer, designer. Not so much a writer. Her writing under Craig was passable but her solo writing needed propping up from others. She is at the very least, rather talented but perhaps more so in design and world building given her penchant for starting series rather than finishing them.
>>
>>94300480
Her comics aren't great but this is correct, her cartoon is pretty good.
Still though, that's one right answer in a thread trying to find answers
>>
>>94304161
Purge two featuring retcon to morty's character development
& Summer
>>
>>94298282
>but thats basically where the whole men hating female writers comes from
Ghostbusters 2016 wasn't even written by women. It was written and directed by a man. A straight white man at that, so there's angle for people to whine "MUH DIVERSITY RUINS EVERYTHING."
>>
>>94296390
I would prefer she didn't tag along.
>>
>everyone not knowing Rick and Morty is a room-written show
>a person credited as a writer for an episode sometimes may only have done as little as write the original outline
>302's ending scene was actually written by Ryan Ridley
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.