[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What part of /co/ nostalgia hurts the most? >you will never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_0452.png (2MB, 1200x784px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0452.png
2MB, 1200x784px
What part of /co/ nostalgia hurts the most?
>you will never spend an hour looking for spiderman, batman, spawn, and other comic figures in the kbtoys 3 for 5 bin ever again
>>
>>94288367
Not being able to enjoy and be as enthusiastic about comics and cartoons as when I was a kid, of course. But this applies about pretty much any aspect of my life.
>>
>>94288367
I miss Saturday Morning Cartoons.
I miss the sense of waking up early...like 6:30 or so, and sneaking down to the first floor without waking my parents and watching TV on low.
I miss flipping through FOX kids, Kids WB, and ABC til the shows I wanted to watch came on.
I just...miss that feeling. Like, I was excited for Saturday Mornings and waking up early.
>>
>ywn get up super early on a Saturday to watch 4kidz while you eat your cereal
>>
I miss those ambient videos that played with Toonami

I miss action cartoons in general

I miss Megas XLR so, so fucking much.
God, why does everything suck so much these days?
>>
>>94288367

>What part of /co/ nostalgia hurts the most?

No weekday Toonami.
>>
Being able to spend hours enjoying comics or cartoons at night without having to worry about getting up early to work, bills to pay, college...

When i was a kid, i used to think being older was the absolute best thing ever, talking about "adult stuff" with the other adults during social situations or family meetings, having a job, sex...

Turns out the "adult stuff" is just people bragging about a lifestyle they don't actually have, complaining about their personal problems and poor life choices or just discussing meaningless bullshit, having a job means slaving yourself unless you have your own business and SEX IS OVERRATED.
>>
I miss when fast food used to be fun and not a guilt trip.
>>
File: IMG_6130.png (279KB, 557x348px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6130.png
279KB, 557x348px
>>94288593
Because bitching feminists and social justice cucks have ruined society to a state it hasnt been as bad since feminists made prohibition. I swear everytime people want to take away freedoms society collapses on itself. I fucking hate it. Even thouch i only lived in the 90s for 4 years i remember them fondly and they were the only times i was truely happy. God, everything slowly got more fucked since 9/11. I hate this fucking timeline and hope we all die horribly soon.
>>
>>94288717

>4 years in the 90s

Assuming this isn't bait, you're what, 21-22?
Shut the fuck up and grow a pair.
>>
File: loveress.png (313KB, 602x598px) Image search: [Google]
loveress.png
313KB, 602x598px
I will never hear this theme and it's many iterations again, before taking a momentary glance out my window, knowing the limitless sweet bliss of youth that I so foolishly wasted. A time when in warm, timeless day, the world was as bright as the hope in my eyes.
Incredible how a commercially produced jingle can inspire such wonder in my young mind and such wistful melancholy to my pathetic current self.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWLb9LjPyF8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Gjogmzg1U
>>
>>94288717

Do the world a favor and take yourself out of the gene pool. We don't need whiny assholes like you in it.
>>
>>94288367
I'll never wake up in 6 in the morning go to our neighbors house and watch the GI joe The Centurions and Swat Katz
>>
>>94288828
>>94288944
But i have vivid memories of that time, and those were the only times i was haooy. I started getting depressed in 2002, and went full on depression in 2005. I havent been truely happy and content with life in over 15 years.
>>
>>94289043
It sounds like the quality of cartoons isn't really the problem in your life.
>>
>>94288717
Jesus Christ.

Ever think the problem is possibly that you're just a whining beta faggot unable to cope with a changing society?

You're fucking pathetic.
>>
>>94288450
There's a new saturday morning block on broadcast tv called kidsclick. Pretty comfy block, and it has a nice mix of comedies and action/adventure shows. Miraculous ladybug is the show on there that /co/ talks about the most.
>>
>>94289043
>But i have vivid memories of that time
You really don't. The human brain isn't nearly developed enough in its early years to be able to construct and store 'vivid' memories. And society and pop culture didn't just make a radical hard turn at midnight on December 31st, 1999. Shit evolves and changes over time. It sounds more like you've got some type of mild depression going on that's making you romanticize a very brief period that you were only really partially aware of.

And speaking to your post here >>94288717
The modern "social justice" movement is kind of a drop in the bucket. You're too young to have been around for it, but the real PC movement of the late 80's and early-mid 90's were pretty insane compared to the contemporary movement, which pretty much boils down to "hey, be nice to these weirdos even though they're kind of weird."
>>
>>94289128
Im not being a whiney faggot when feminist bitchs complain about non exsistant oppression
>>
>>94289252

Not the poster you're talking to, but I personally consider the cultural end of the 90s to be 9/11 due to the cultural, emotional, political and financial shift. Man even my fucking parents are figments of the people they were prior to 9/11, my mom went full fundie/born-again christian and basically blamed 9/11 on non-believers
>>
File: 1473723473905.png (73KB, 395x397px) Image search: [Google]
1473723473905.png
73KB, 395x397px
>>94289380
Who let the incels loose? It's past your bedtime, junior.
>>
>>94289380
Cry more about it, beta boy.

Real men go out and change the world. Beta pussies cry about it on an Internet message board dedicated to talking about cartoon shows.

Let me guess: You're a virgin?
>>
>>94288717
fuck i hope you get hit by a bus you faggot 4 years of the 90s youre a 2000's kid just deal with it the 90s werent great we all just miss not having depression and ugly clothes
>>
>>94289380
>nonexistent

keep tellin yourself that bud.
>>
>>94289632
Inb4 e posts graphs about the wage gap and pictures of click bait headlines
>>
>>94289526
Shut the fuck up you conformist ass taking bitch
>>
>>94289632
>>94289723
Their is no wage gap, its just bitchs whinning about not getting a quarter more then men like the entitled vaginas they are.
>>
File: 1501351457754.gif (2MB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
1501351457754.gif
2MB, 300x196px
>>94289818
>>
From a perspective of a 31 year old the world and everything within it appears like a bad opium induced nightmare. This is utterly absurd, wrong and harmful on every level. And by this I mean everything. And it wasn't always like this. The world was once livable and sane. And we were happy.

>>94288367

>ywn watch What A Cartoon and see the Powerpuff Girls for the first time
>ywn experience that brief segment in time when everyone watched Mighty Max
>ywn think that you're the only guy who finds cartoon girls sexy until something called the Internet becomes a thing
>>
File: Jagsfan.jpg (38KB, 615x346px) Image search: [Google]
Jagsfan.jpg
38KB, 615x346px
>>94289782
>>94289818

Bitches? You mean like your mom paying for your internet connection, you fucking homo?
>>
>>94289782
I'll take that as a "yes."

Go and get laid. You'll feel a lot better about women.
>>
>friday afternoon with anime invasion from fox kids followed by the saturday anime shows and saturday night anime series with toonami
>>
>>94288717
>Even thouch i only lived in the 90s for 4 years i remember them fondly and they were the only times i was truely happy.

Gee maybe they were happy times because you were fucking four years old.
>>
>>94289818
This is your brain on redpills.
>>
>>94290060
You'd think so but that FEMINAZI BITCH mom made me go to bed at 8 o'clock!
>>
>>94289967
But im not a virgin
>>
File: eric andre aesthetic.png (379KB, 401x362px) Image search: [Google]
eric andre aesthetic.png
379KB, 401x362px
Jesus christ, this turned from a potentially rose-tinted fun/melancholy time to a stupid debate over nothing real fast.
>>
Lucky charms and being awake before everyone else to catch the tail end of toonami. The isolation of youth in the summer without friends and disappearing instead into another world for hours on end.
>>
File: IMG_0456.jpg (94KB, 750x988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0456.jpg
94KB, 750x988px
On an unrelated note, what does /co/ think of my asthetic playlist?
>>
File: 1496434993346.jpg (36KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1496434993346.jpg
36KB, 848x900px
>>94288367
>I'll never stay up late watching "cartoons cartoons". On a late Friday night.
>>
>>94290848
yall could have ignored him
>>
>>94290947
its the same vaporwave songs i find in every aesthetic playlist and they are still good, nice job
>>
>>94290947

> Whitewoods

Good stuff.
Check out the Neon Palm Mall mix (and have the video playing somewhere you can see it). It's a hell of a trip.
Also, Sounds for the Supermarket. It's just ambient stock music, but invokes a lot of the vaporwave flavor.
>>
>>94288367
Buying comics from the local convenience store and begging my mom for the latest issue of X-Men.
Going to the local flea market and seeing hordes of old comics being sold for a dime each, that old used comic smell was amazing.
Getting excited for Batman The Animated Series debuting on Sunday.
Sitting up late making up super heroes with my friend and creating shitty comics about them.
Thinking Cartoon Network was amazing and Sci-Fi channel was just as awesome for showing anime late on Saturday nights.
>>
God if I could only go back in time, if I could only seize the time I have now and make it mean something but I'm just a depressed piece of shit who still whiles away their time on a chinese cartoon image board.
>>
>tfw we're living in a cyberpunk world but without all the neon and fun parts
Anyway to answer OP's question I miss going to the library's for sale section and grabbing a stack of comics that only cost like $3 for the whole thing and reading them all and enjoying almost all of them because my tastes hadn't narrowed to the point they're at now.
>>
>>94290060
>>94289967
>>94289923
>>94289887
>>94289632
>>94289544
>>94289526
>>94289428
>>94289252
>>94289128
>>94288944
>>94288828
>>94290119
>>94290157
Can someone tell me why being depressed about how post 9/11 bush administration fucked up everything and the follwing feminist resurgence is a bad thing? I didnt have any friends after kindergarten, and got bullied alot in grade school, so thats another reason why im so bitter about the 2000s
>>
>>94291204
go make you own thread on /pol/ we're reminiscing right now you shitposting faggot
>>
>>94291115
>3$
they're so expensive now I hate buying floppies
>>
>sneaking comics to my friend
>settling into a big chair with a huge stack of trades
>reading all of a series start to current issue
>>
File: snap00037.jpg (77KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
snap00037.jpg
77KB, 640x482px
>>94291102

I may be able to help.

Ask. I may be able to answer and offer sage oldfag advice. If I could mold my shit-life into something resembling an actual life then anyone can.

Credentials:

>parents divorced when I was 6
>survived a total war (1991 - 1995)
>never had a gf
>am a white nationalist
>actually saw a vagina
>been here since we had a /l/ board
>>
Being able to find comics EVERYWHERE instead of one out of the way location. The grocery store, the dollar store, the toy store, the book store/library. It was beautiful.

And not just that. Being able to pick up a comic without any prior knowledge and know I was getting my dollar's(!) worth. No worrying about dropping into the middle of a shitty story arc, reading about a shitty character only the writer cares about, or why writer X would push the storyline in a certain direction, instead of why character X would take a certain direction.

>>94288367
>>94288450
>>94288593
>>94288469
>>94288646
>>94288651
All of these too.
>>
McDonalds toys being cartoon relevant and good
>>
File: IMG_0240.jpg (62KB, 568x772px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0240.jpg
62KB, 568x772px
>that feeling of getting your first iron man figure after seeing the movie
>>
The excitability of youth.
I miss stupid little things like catching anime movies on the Cable Channels.
Struggling to stay up all night and it'd feel interminable and like an accomplishment. Nowadays I do it by accident.
Watching shows I don't think I'm supposed to watch.
Those comfy adult swim bumps with the characters in the corner, and how they'd have it snow during Christmas.

But the worst part is why I have that nostalgia.
I want that excitability and wonder back in my life, and even if I can recreate it in some form, all it does is trigger a bittersweet longing in my heart. Because the real reason is I want something to actually make me feel like that again, not remember feeling like that. But I grew up to be a lame coward who doesn't have anything worth being excited like that about.

Also why the fuck does no one update Bumpworthy? Did they UNupdate some shit?
>>
>>94288367
>I'd say the only thing i missed was toonami but that's been back

>I'd say i miss samurai jack but that got a conclusion and i was ultimately happy with how it turned out

>I'd say i miss the looking for action figures but shit is probably better now than it was when i was a kid

>I'd say I miss vidya but i didn't realy get into it until middle school

i guess I'm not really that cynical or bitter
>>
>>94289887
>>94289923
>>94290119
Why are there so many feminists on /co/? Give me one reason why feminism isnt complete man hating cancer.
>>
File: 20170730_230713.png (1MB, 1069x601px) Image search: [Google]
20170730_230713.png
1MB, 1069x601px
>>94288367

> clearance bin treasures

Congrats OP, here's some OC
>>
Do normies actually feel happiness or are they just good at keeping the emptiness shoved deep down?
>>
>>94293076
Because there is a difference between feminism which just wants equality and representation, (which is slowly happening) and being a femi-nazi moron.

Now go back to reading your book Milo tried to write.
>>
>>94293612

Normies do not feel.
>>
Great thread.
>>
>>94288450
Came in here to post this. Pretty cool way of starting your weekend by watching the new cartoons all morning.

It was also before the time of the internet, so spoilers didn't even exist then. Every episode would have a surprise that you didn't see coming.
>>
>>94293702
But why do they feel the need to bitch about representation. Why cant they just like male characters?
>>
File: 1497282645673.gif (885KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
1497282645673.gif
885KB, 375x304px
>>94294535
>>
>>94294609

>Why cant they just like male characters?

Why can't you stop bitching about women wanting better representation in mass media? For fuck's sake, they're literally half the population of the planet.
>>
>>94294705
No, they should stop coopting male characters to make shitty bitchy ocs like the smug faced cunt riri and just take the characters already exsisting. Shut the fuck up, representation is bullshit
>>
>>94294705
>>94294726
you do know the other alternative would've been to make new characters but nobody ever thinks of this.

is it a lack of imagination or just a lack of confidence?
>>
>>94294726

>representation is bullshit

You're right, we should just make stories about straight white men from now on. Fuck women, fuck niggers, fuck queers, and fuck any white guy who says they deserve "a place" in comics and cartoons. Fuck 'em all! We don't need their shit!
>>
>>94294631
all it needs is the Hitler stache
>>
>>94288367
>seeing people turn the characters into representations of a certain sexual, gender, or religious class that was not mentioned by the original creators or studio itself/ creators make a writer's dodge and suddenly turns a character into a representation of a sexual, gender, or religious class.
Seeing everything you love/loved that wasn't a political statement become some political statement.
>>
>>94295243
Is there a version with that? I know the tumblr one has a version with red nose and a version with purple side cut n shit. One I rarely see is where the sign flips from /co/ to /pol/ and then to tumblr in it's loop, It's honestly the most accurate one for the board.
>>
internet & DVR services are what ultimately killed TV.

it's why toonami isn't as special since it came back when you have things like crunchyroll and it's why most TV shows are designed for you to binge watch on netflix or hulu.
>>
>>94295271
that has more to do with people not willing to agree to disagree anymore, internet anonymity taking away people's filters and a very large portion of mainstream media having less credibility than conspiracy theorists.

i find the later both hilarious and scary.
>>
>>94288367
Anon, whats the thing that is open 24 hours?
>>
>>94288593

I remember a fanmade Toonami stream that played nothing but shows and bumps. I doubt it's still around but it'd be pretty easy to start one up again.
>>
Fuck, there's a lot of shit as a kid that I miss. Fox Kids and Kids WB are definitely up there. Being able to watch Pokemon, Digimon, and Power Rangers all in one morning was great. Nickelodeon during the early 90s and Cartoon Network around 2000 were cool too. One major thing that kids have over our time was that they can find any cartoon online. Entire seasons of shows like BTAS, Spectacular Spider-Man, etc are easy to access thanks to torrents and streams. But for kids without cable or when Nick/Disney/CN were on their down periods, finding cartoons when you needed them most was a bitch. Like on Sunday afternoon. All of the major networks are showing infomercials. PBS is airing cooking shows. You didn't have enough foresight to record things on a VHS. You had to wait hours until a cartoon, any cartoon would air on TV. That's a kind of torture modern generations are fortunate to never have to go through.
>>
The fact there will never be another Kids WB is a blow to the head. It was a perfect mix of both eastern and western animations while miraculously not making it look neither cringey nor pandering to millennials.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.