[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me why blackwashings okay but whitewashing isnt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 258
Thread images: 29

File: IMG_0393.png (248KB, 320x417px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0393.png
248KB, 320x417px
Can someone tell me why blackwashings okay but whitewashing isnt? What makes black people so entitled to our beloved characters?
>>
>>94270010
The punisher did replace war machine.
And there is white guy as black panther twice.
>>
>>94270010
Miles isn't blackwashing.
>Our
Kill yourself
>>
>>94270086
But he is. The black bitch literally says he doesnt want to be the black spider man, he wants to be THE spider man
>>
Blacks will say Slavery, as if an event 200 years ago justifies any action done to appeal to them.

Jews will say diversity, because you can't normalize race mixing without putting that black face in a previously white role

Cucks will say racism because not having enough of a demographic that's not know for buying comics "included" is just "wrong and unfair"
>>
>>94270069
Frank's just using tools. You might as well say he replaced Ant-Man when he used the helmet. Black Panther was never a "white guy". Kasper was mixed, and Hunter was the White Wolf, not BP. Unlessyou mean that time Ult!Cap cosplayed as BP.
>>
>>94270086
>replacing a white character with a black character isn't black washing

Are you retarded or just pretending because that's a literal description of blackwashing
>>
>>94270101
>Jews will say diversity, because you can't normalize race mixing without putting that black face in a previously white role
>implying the jew myth exsists
I hate diversity as much as the next guy, but its all because a bunch of rich white cucks with white guilt try to push it. Their is no race mixing conspiracy by the "evil jew". Jews are an easy scapegot for a more difficult problem and one that comes from the conspirators own race.
>>
>>94270010
Because out of all your "beloved" characters, very few of them actually have to be white. Whereas many of the more diverse comic characters actually have their ethnicity/gender/etc. tie into their character development. So obviously there's a difference between the two things.
>>
>>94270010
>our
Buddy I hoped off this train in 2011. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.
>>
>>94270086
>replaceing a white character with a black one isn't black washing when it's done specifically to surplant the white one
>even when the author of the character wrote him saying that himself
>"I don't want to be known as the black spiderman I want to be THE spiderman"
>implying our spiderman doesn't refer to everyone's spiderman
>>
>>94270114
That isnt blackwashing. Blackwashing is changing a white character's race to be black dumbass
>>
>>94270010
/pol/ is that way ---->
>>
>>94270150
What was the point in repeating the first two replies?
>>
>>94270010
There is white power-man too.

>>94270104
Hey, if marvel calling him war machine. Then he is war machine.
>>
Peter died, Jessica should have become the new spiderman to be honest as she doesn't need an introduction.
>>
>>94270114
He's not black Peter Parker, he's Miles Morales. Not the guy you're replying to, but Goddamn you're dumb if this is what you're choosing as an example of racial injustice for your Aryan brethren.
>>94270101
Oh yeah? Well whites will play the victim, get outraged over pointless shit, and do all the things they complain about everyone else doing.
>>
>>94270192
>Peter died, Jessica should have become the new spiderman to be honest as she doesn't need an introduction.

Well, you need a man to be a spider-man.
>>
>>94270010
Its not replacement since Peter is still around and is relevant.

Honestly they should interact more and Peter should be mentoring Miles but the writers(and some fans)like manchild Peter.
>>
>>94270193
>Oh yeah? Well whites will play the victim, get outraged over pointless shit, and do all the things they complain about everyone else doing.
and PoC's won't? fag
>>
>>94270252
She could have just grown a dick via clone mumbo jumbo.
>>
>>94270192
We had Spider-Girl, a much better character (she actually has one) much better written, and more of a proper legacy character than Miles will ever be. Also sold better too, certainly didn't need to be shoehorned into everything.
>>
>>94270010
By the same token, why are female mantle takers of male heroes okay but male mantle takers of female heroes not?
>>
>>94270310
Not in ultimate and Jessica was already a protagonist in ultimate mystery. She was reminiscent of Kaine and Ben Riley but female, less edgy and better adjusted I wanted to see where they would take her character.
>>
>>94270312
>>94270010
Just curious, how are you people defining "okay"?
>>
Because slavery and discrimination that has not historically affected white people.
That's it, it's not a difficult concept to understand.
>>
>>94270465
Its been 200 years, why cant they shut the fuck up about it?
>>
>>94270399
Just curious, but do you prefer Black Widow as woman or man?
>>
>>94270156
You're a fucking idiot apparently. Because OP shows exactly what you just described.
>>
>>94270010
Because Niggers are from a culture of gubmedat. They want everything the white people have, so they demand it and give suspicious reasons. "Slavery"? "Racism"? Get real and fuck off. Create your own entities and stop being entitled thieves.
>>
>>94270712
Peter Parker is still white and Spider-Man.
>>
>>94270728
black people do create their own characters, Duffie did just that. Characters like Miles are made by self loathing whites who wish they were black, or by people who want to pretend they're good people by giving somethign like this to another race. Then of course you can't call them out on it, or suggest that they make an original character because it's racist. It's a whole lot of smokescreening and dick waving.
>>
>>94270750
Miles Spider-man was created by killing off ultimate peter Parker, and replacing him with Miles. That's exactly what you describe.

Bendis has wanted to kill of spiderman for the longest time, given the opportunity he would have done it already on a much larger scale and for a more permanent scope. He was quoted as saying something like "Peter has had his time, it's time for him to move over and let someone new take his place!"

If you can't guess that what happened in ultimate was what he wants to happen in mainline, you're blind.
>>
>>94270488
>Dude let's forget history lmao
No. Stop getting triggered when people talk about slavery.
>>94270728
That's funny because the people who are deciding to cast Elba as Heimdal, write Michelle Jones in instead of Mary Jane, etc. are almost all white. Or at least, non-black. So you're calling us "thieves" when you should be blaming your own kind, if anything.
>>
>>94270814

>Stop getting triggered when people talk about slavery.

Your ancestors from 200 years ago were slaves, not you.
>>
>>94270802
Honestly with the way Marvel has handled Peter(in the comics), him taking a backseat for a while might be a good thing.

I fail to see how your argument applies, when the Ultimate comics ended a while ago. In the current comics Peter is still Spider-Man.
>>
>>94270814

>That's funny because the people who are deciding to cast Elba as Heimdal, write Michelle Jones in instead of Mary Jane, etc. are almost all white

Hahahaha. Good joke my non white friend.
>>
Blacks are still systematically being discriminated against in subtle ways. They feel underrepresented.

Instead of making original black characters that don't sell marvel decided to black wash them.

White washing has a historical racial context. It's still happening to this day in some ways. Why do you think dumbfuck black actors raise a fuss every Oscar season about fair representation?

Co already has had this talk before and discussed this ages ago.

I wish summer would end so these white suburban fckwits and leave to Pol or tv and we have quality discussion.
>>
>>94270908
Also I personally think blackwashing to appease to the minority is the most lazy thing to do in history. You can easily tell how boring miles or riri are.

Anyways sadly minorities are eating it up because they can't actually differentiate between whats quality and whats not.
>>
>>94270010
I think what really cemented my hate for Miles was when they brought back Pete (ultimate) back to life with no explanation how and why to give Miles his blessing and then Pete and MJ drive unto the sunset and then die because of incursion.
>>
>>94270908
Tell me why the fuck blacks have to be shived into every peice of media and have it center around them like how marvel is doing it when they are only 13% of the population. I seriously want to know your answer on why they should be overrepresented.
>>
>>94270010
Reparations white boi! Even though I myself have never experienced the true adversity my grandparents experienced in the Civil Rights movement nor the slavery of muh ancestors.

WE
>>
>>94270100

He fucked up already by having a BLACK spider man costume.

Make the costume pink and pray that people will instead call you the pink spiderman instead of the black pink spiderman. Or make the costume white and then see what happens.
>>
>>94270938
They brought Peter back in Ultimates to please the fans who whined about blackwashing.
>>
>>94270943
>*black person appears onscreen*
>REEEE fucking niggers taking over!
You know, this reminds me of how white AND black straights treat gay dudes. Practically any time it's brought up or appears in media, or some celeb comes out, they're all like "STFU no one cares" or "Stop putting gays in everything". They'd literally prefer a fantasy world where everyone is like them. And no I am not a SJW beta cuck, in fact I lean right if anything.
>>
>>94270750
Originally that was not the case, and literally everyone knows it. If you dont know that, or cant be honest enough to acknowledge it youre not ready to discuss this subject.
>>
>>94270488
And then jim crowe and other forms of segregation continued long into the 50's and 60's
>>
File: IMG_0136.png (1MB, 1056x792px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0136.png
1MB, 1056x792px
>>94270996
But they arent just in it, there were enough black marvel characters already. Its the fact that minorities or women take up EVERYTHING marvels trying to push right now.
>>
>>94271018
>at least 3 of these titles are already cancelled
also, fuck deodato in the neck
>>
>>94271018
>literally one white guy
white guys are now the minority.
>>
>>94270010
White people in the united states truly are the most oppressed people in history
>>
>>94271106
And he can go any minute. Remember the whole Brother Voodoo, Sorcerer Supreme fiasco.
>>
>>94270010
What really bothers me is that there are only two groups of people that actually care about this representation of diversity: blacks and cucked white folks. Not only in comic books, but also in sports, movies and so on.

Latinos have been the largest minority group in the US for years now, but you don't hear about them boycotting the Oscars because they're not nominated for shit. They don't demand Latino athletes, coaches and owners in the NFL and the only major Latino superhero is half black.

And they don't give a shit. Neither do Asians, who didn't give a shit about Scarlett playing Motoko in Ghost in the Shell or Emma Stone being half Asian in a movie.

At some point we are going to have to face reality. This is not about diversity. It is about a very specific group of people generating a sense of culpability on another group of people to get their way.
>>
The problem with all of these minority heroes isn't that they're minorities. Plenty of non-White characters have existed for decades and White people have loved a bunch of them.

No. These new minority heroes are fucking insufferable because every single one of them was created specifically to grab at those diversity points.
In the past, when you created a new character, things like race and gender and religion were the last things you ironed out in the character concept. The shit you always started with was the general identity of the hero.
A human spider.
A billionaire vigilante detective.
A super scientist.
An enraged monster.

But now? Now the first thing they think of?
A black person.
A Muslim.
A homosexual.
All of the fucking above.
And for many of these new heroes, that's all there is to their identity.

It's not about cool concepts and fantastical powers anymore. It's about hitting off as many checkboxes on the diversity checklist as possible so you can feel good on twitter.
And almost none of these minority heroes feel like characters. None of them have any goddamn flaws that are acknowledged in the comics yet we the readers see constantly. Every single one of them is constantly being pat on the back for literally nothing. They're either insufferable cunts or boring as shit. The only one character in this push who has any business taking over for another hero is Laura.

For fucks sake, Riri Williams' origin story is literally, LITERALLY
>"Why isn't anyone being racist and/or sexist towards me right now? Can someone please victimize me? Teacher you victimize me right fucking now you White devil. WOO! Thanks teacher! Now I have purpose! But seriously fuck you though how dare you."
And don't even get me started on that fucking "Wow, is this what lesbian dating is like?" speech from America's book.
>>
>>94271210

>latinos

too white

>asians

too white.

>At some point we are going to have to face reality. This is not about diversity. It is about a very specific group of people generating a sense of culpability on another group of people to get their way.

Well, with some luck that bubble will burst soon enough. This entire narrative, this push to unnecessarily change characters, just isn't sustainable in the long run and before long it'll bite anyone who keeps doing it in the ass.
>>
>>94271244
>This entire narrative, this push to unnecessarily change characters, just isn't sustainable in the long run and before long it'll bite anyone who keeps doing it in the ass.

At some point Disney will notice the series decline in sales compared to when they purchased them.
And while all of those big box office movies will keep the execs complacent for a time, eventually some of the Disney bean counters are going to look over Marvel's numbers as a company and say "Hey...The comics division is hemorrhaging money with most of it's monthly books."
And that'll be the end of it.
>>
>>94271398
This. I definitely see Disney reducing Marvel to the bare minimum 5 or 6 issues per month in a not so distant future
>>
>>94271219
There is a reason why these butch lesbian activists are ostracized by society: they are fucking annoying. Why anyone thought it was a good idea to give a comic book to this idiot "author" is beyond me.
>>
>>94270010
What was that line from Legion?

"In times of peace, the warlike people turn on themselves".

Whites need an enemy. Hitler knew that. Now they've only got themselves to destroy.
>>
>>94271018
>there were enough black characters already

Could you name 15
>>
>>94271244
Here's some sale data from last month.
I did some of the top-10 and some stuff at-or-below Miles' level

Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man 1 - 224,620
Star Wars Darth Vader 1 - 118,644
Edge of Venomverse 1 - 98,052
--------------------------------------
Doctor Strange 20 - 31,497
Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows 8 - 29,699
Deadpool Vs Punisher 5 - 29,610
Spider-Man 17 - 29,428
Spider-Gwen 21 - 28,535
Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider 3 - 27,053
Black Bolt 2 - 26,435
Daredevil 22 - 26,199
Infamous Iron Man 9 - 25,954
Thanos 8 - 25,661
Black Panther 15 - 25,466
Hulk 7 - 25,089
Iron Fist 4 - 24,706
Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider 4 - 23,939
All New Guardians of Galaxy Annual 1 - 23,871
I Am Groot 2 - 23,202
Jean Grey 3 - 23,140
Totally Awesome Hulk 20 - 23,019
Gwenpool 17 - 22,292
Jessica Jones 9 - 22,261
Iceman 2 - 22,075
Mighty Captain Marvel 6 - 20,870
Captain America Sam Wilson - 18,432
True Believers Amazing Spider-Man 1 - 18,201
Ms. Marvel 19 - 17,907
Luke Cage 2 - 17,277
U.S. Avengers 7 - 15,664
Doctor Strange Sorcerers Supreme 9 - 15,129
157 158 Spider-Man 2099 24 - 14,828
Black Panther Crew 3 - 14,634
>>
>>94271210
>And they don't give a shit. Neither do Asians, who didn't give a shit about Scarlett playing Motoko in Ghost in the Shell or Emma Stone being half Asian in a movie

Asian Americans did actually give a shit about this. Japan didn't because they didn't have the same representarion issues
>>
>>94270086
yes he is
he is the definition of the word
>>
>>94270104
If it was the other way around, Marvelfags would be seething and crying SJW
>>
>>94270193
a black peter parker would have more character than miles morales.
>>
>>94270770
>>94270123
Bendis is a jew
>>
File: 1470033924347.jpg (380KB, 1024x1565px) Image search: [Google]
1470033924347.jpg
380KB, 1024x1565px
>>94271550
Not him, but I want to try
Storm, Prowler, Luke Cage, Black Panther, Warmachine, Blade, Bishop, Man-Ape, Falcon, Slyde
Shit, only got 10 since I didn't want to go into supporting-casts
And I admit I only remember slide due to this image of Hulk holding a gun
>>
>>94271550

Black Panther
Luke Cage
Storm
Misty Knight
Blade
War Machine
Falcon
Bishop
Goliath
Cloak
Patriot
Doctor Voodoo
Night Thrasher
Whatever the fuck Monica Rambeau is calling herself these days.

That's 14.
And Ultimate Nick Fury spilling into thr movies and in turn spilling into 616 makes 15.
>>
>>94270010
Because it doesn't happen as often as white people whotewashing. Doesn't make things better but since people don't see it as often they are less to call a fowl.
>>
>>94270010
Um, like, a little thing called SLAVERY?! Like god how can you be so ignorant?
>>
>>94271571
>all these cancellation numbers
How is Marvel Comics making any money?
>>
So what's going on with these threads is /pol/ is sending insurgents to other boards to shitpost and spread their toxic ideas, and the sad 50-something white supremacists that go to /pol/ see the current state of comics, flash back to their childhoods, and get worked up into an autistic rage.

Steve Ditko is super right-wing Ayn Rand crazy, so he drew Spider-Man yelling at hippie protesters to get haircuts and jobs. Stan Lee changed it to Spidey cheering them on before it was published. Instead of realizing that Marvel's always been left-leaning you'll see this as more jews fucking with "real white people" or some shit.
>>
>>94271572
Didn't GitS flop hard?
>>
>>94271662
Spider-man goods and apparel
>>
>>94271661
I don't see the Jews asking for media representation in Germany.
>>
>>94271664
Comic book fans are fans of characters. Those characters getting fucked over for diversity points, surprisingly, doesn't sit well with them
/co/ can like black characters (Static Shock) without like legacy token-characters (Miles). Not everything's about your boogeyman, fag
>>
File: Incredibles-syndrome.jpg (124KB, 795x455px) Image search: [Google]
Incredibles-syndrome.jpg
124KB, 795x455px
>>94271662
>How is Marvel Comics making any money?

Cancellation numbers are a lot like supers.
If everyone is [thing] then nobody is [thing].
And Marvel makes billions of movie dollars.
>>
>>94271674
With Spider titles being that low in sales numbers?
Sheesh if the kids could see the state Pete is in.
>>
>>94271700
Aren't those movie dollars going straight to Marvel Studio and Disney now?
Notice how I said Marvel Comics.
>>
>>94271699
>/co/ can like black characters (Static Shock)
His name is Static you pleb
>>
>>94271635
>Goliath
>Cloak
>Misty Knight
>Patriot
>Night Thrasher
>Monica Rambeau

Do take note that you had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to gather this list.
>>
>>94270465
This may come as a bit of a shock but there are other places in the world than America.
>>
File: 1500417960267.png (707KB, 910x917px) Image search: [Google]
1500417960267.png
707KB, 910x917px
>>94271664
>So what's going on with these threads is /pol/ is sending insurgents to other boards to shitpost and spread their toxic ideas

Do you know what's worse than /pol/ posters?
Faggots like you who use the /pol/ boogeyman to double down on your own shit ideology.

I wish you'd both fuck off forever.
>>
>>94270100
Miles should be the legacy version of Black Widow.
>>
>>94271725

>Do take note that you had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to gather this list.

But they still exist, don't they?
>>
Has any character been yellow-washed before? If not, I nominate Static Shock.
>>
>>94271715

Disney doesn't care what the comics do right now simply because of the movies being so successful. They'll funnel in some money into the comics because one average Marvel movie makes their investments into Marvel Comics back a few hours after release.

If the movies magically stopped making money, they'd start going over all of their Marvel assets with a fine toothed comb.
>>
>>94271754
Psylocke
X-23
Ned Leeds in that new Spider-man movie
>>
>>94271705
Pete's at over 200k
Other spider-people are low

>>94271725
Cloak's not bottom of the barrel
Misty Knight is pretty obscure though
>>
>>94271725
>Cloak
>Bottom of the barrel
>Misty
>Bottom of the barrel
>Goliath
>Bottom of the barrel

I want casuals to leave.
>>
>>94270010
Miles didn't replace Peter. In this universe Peter has gotten busy with enough things that he doesn't have time for many of his old spider hijinks and he's outgrown a lot of it. He's off teaching a class of x-men and pretending to know how to run a corporation like Tony Stark.

You might as well complain that Spidergirl replaced Peter in her universe. It makes no sense because it's a universe where Peter was forced to retire when he lost his leg, but his daughter eventually takes after him.

OP is a faggot from /pol/ trying to bait. He doesn't even read the comics.
>>
>>94271550
Hm let's go.

OC Tier
1.) T'Challa (Black Panther)
2.) Eric Brooks (Blade)
3.) Carl Lucas (Luke Cage / Power Man)
4.) Tyrone Johnson (Cloak)
5.) Sam Wilson (Falcon / Captain America)
6.) Misty Knight
7.) Jericho Drumm (Brother Voodoo / Dr. Voodoo)
8.) Dwayne Taylor (Night Thrasher I)
9.) Donyell Taylor (Bandit / Night Thrasher II)

Grist for the X-Mill Tier
10.) Ororo Munroe (Storm)
11.) Roberto DaCosta (Sunspot)
12.) Stevie Hunter
13.) Joanna Cargill (Frenzy)
14.) Gateway
15.) Lucas Bishop (Bishop)
16.) Cecelia Reyes
17.) Everett Thomas (Synch)
18.) Roxanne Washington (Bling!)
19.) Nezhno Abidemi (Gentle)
20.) Idie Okonkwo (Oya)
21.) Christopher Muse (Triage)

Debatably Legacy Tier
22.) Jim Rhodes (War Machine)
23.) Michael Collins (Deathlok)
24.) Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel / Photon / Pulsar / Spectrum)
25.) Bill Foster (Black Goliath)
26.) Elijah Bradley (Patriot)

Shit Tier
27.) Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
28.) Marcus Johnson (Nick Fury Jr.)
>>
>>94271788
>Misty Knight is pretty obscure though

Not really.
She appeares in the Luke Cage Netflix series, and she's going to appear in both The Defenders and Iron Fist.

They've been using her on and off over the last decade too.
>>
>>94271732
Not buying it.

faggots like you always bitch about some tumblr and SJW invasion every time every time someone doesn't buckle down and accept /pol/ bullshit and hate things for retarded reasons, like OP here.

You can say it's a bogeyman all you want, but we get enough bullshit /pol/ bait threads like this to know better.
>>
>>94270100
He never said that.
>>
>>94271805
>pretending to know how to run a corporation like Tony Stark.
He's actually is running his corporation like Tony Stark. Tony Stark tends to be a shit businessman and tends to put the company in jeopardy a lot of times. It usually gets handwaved in the next run.
>>
>ITT: Causal /pol/tards pretend to not know what balckwashing is

Miles is an OC. He is not a blackwashed character. Sage report these threads.
>>
File: Not-Black-Spider-Man.png (364KB, 700x263px) Image search: [Google]
Not-Black-Spider-Man.png
364KB, 700x263px
>>94270100
>he wants to be THE spider man

Nice try casual. He never said he wanted to be THE Spider Man and replace Peter. He wants to be Spider Man. A Spider Man just like Miguel(and I bet you dont know who he is without googling it). Not the Black Spider Man
>>
>>94271650
Whitewashing never happens in superhero movies.

Ancient One they changed to avoid upsetting the Chinese market over Tibet.

Now look at Heimdall, Hogun, Nick Fury, Valkyrie, Flash Thompson, "MJ", Hispanic Sue Storm in the old FF, black Johnny Storm in the new FF, Perry White, Kingpin in the DD movie, etc.
>>
>>94270101
>Cucks will say racism because not having enough of a demographic that's not know for buying comics "included" is just "wrong and unfair
Plenty of black people (used to) buy comics.
Then they started turning the characters they liked into women, faggots, or something equally stupid.
>>
>>94271910
Ok now I know you're baiting.
>>
>>94271898
Miguel is from the future when Peter is dead
Miles is from a universe where they killed Peter to let him be Spider-man
Pete's clones all too different Spider-names when Pete was active
Spider-man isn't like Green Lantern, it's not a job title, it's an individual super-hero
>>
File: mosaic.jpg (963KB, 683x1043px) Image search: [Google]
mosaic.jpg
963KB, 683x1043px
>>94270728
>Create your own entities and stop being entitled thieves.
They did and nobody gave a single shit.
>>
>>94271788
Number 1's always sell higher.
>>
>>94271871
This.

For idiots out there who still legitimately don't get this, blackwashing would be if Peter Parker were black, not if Spiderman were black. There are dozens of spidermen and spiderwomen and spidergirls and spider who gives a shit.

In this one particular universe there is a genderswapped clone of peter parker running around being spiderwoman.

This is legacy shit we're talking about, he's just one more spiderman filling a gap Peter outgrew in this particular universe.

>>94271898
And you're still wrong because the context for that is completely different from what you're implying. He doesn't want to be replacing Peter, that's the whole reason his costume isn't identical. He just doesn't want some SJW on youtube praising him for being black rather than for being a fucking superhero.

There are so many spider people in his universe and he wants to be a legitimate one, he doesn't want to be a token.

The comic did this character right and /pol/ retards still bitch about it.
>>
>>94271959
>In this one particular universe there is a genderswapped clone of peter parker running around being spiderwoman.
They crashed that universe and she didn't make the trip to 616-8
Guess she should have given molecule man a weeks old pocket burger
>>
>>94271941
The best part about his book was how his girlfriend was cucking him with another woman.
>>
>>94271959
>/pol/ retards still bitch about it.

/pol/ is just a bunch of SJWs(remember it means Social Justice Warrior and that's what they do).They'll bitch no matter what. Ignore them.
>>
>>94271840

No, I truly and sincerely want you both to just fucking go.

You're the faggots that make it impossible for us to ever discuss topics like this one (And at least one of you shitheads always complains about our cheesecake threads which just bothers me on a personal level) without a thousand fucking replies about how everyone else is racist sexist homophobic mysognist bigots and how all of you are so great.

And /pol/ are the faggots that stoke the flames and drag needless political bullshit into every goddamn conversation in an attempt to derail the entire board into a shit flinging competition by shouting about their disdain for niggers.

Fuck. Off.
>>
>>94271004
>Originally that was not the case
When the fuck did Peter become black?
>>
Can I both dislike /pol/ trying to derail everything, and find it stupid that MJ, Hemidal, Wally West etc were turned black for no reason?
>>
>>94271959
>There are dozens of spidermen and spiderwomen and spidergirls and spider who gives a shit.

This is the real problem.
We have so many fucking spiders I'm tempted to call John Goodman to come save us from this nonsense.
>>
>>94271996
>You're the faggots that make it impossible for us to ever discuss topics like this one (And at least one of you shitheads always complains about our cheesecake threads which just bothers me on a personal level) without a thousand fucking replies about how everyone else is racist sexist homophobic mysognist bigots and how all of you are so great.

Nice try /pol/. This literally NEVER happens here.
>>
>>94271996
Bullshit. That's what /pol/ keeps telling everyone trying to make everyone think but it's not true. "we're just wacky trolls, the people you really don't like are them, that sjw that we're not only pretending is here, and all this tumblr invasion. We just bait them, we're not the problem here."

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>94272038
Yes. I think Heimdall is a little petty because he was always a minor character and there are way bigger derailments from Norse mytholgy in Marvel than him but still yes.

You just need to clearly articulate your arguments instead of chimping out like /pol/ does.
>>
>>94271662
>What is digital
>What is trade sales
>>
>>94271996
This whole topic definitely is one big chicken and egg situation.

A few years ago no one gave a shit about the race of characters and there was no problem with a popular hero having a black character playing that role in-place of a white one, but then the whole 'representation' thing picked up and you've got people demanding that x character come out as gay or y character be made into a woman or a black guy. So when any changes like this do pop up the initial response is just to call tokenism and see it as the writers replacing a beloved character with someone who represents nothing but a checkmark on a diversity quota. Whether it is or it isn't is all up in the air at this point and results in everyone just flinging insults at each other.
>>
>>94271824
Forgot a few...

29.) Hobie Brown (Prowler)
30.) Lunella Layfayette (Moon Girl)
31.) David Alleyne (Prodigy)
32.) Heather Tucker (Tempo)
33.) Armando Muñoz (Darwin)
34.) Angel Salvadore (Angel II)
35.) Christine Cord (Tattoo)
36?) Monet St. Croix - she's about as black as Vin Diesel, does that count?

>>> POWER GAP >>>

37.) Maxam, from the Infinity Watch in 1992
38.) Dexter Mungo, from the 9-issue Ectokid series by Clive Barker and the Wachowskis in the early 90s
>>
>>94272053
>>94272060

/tumblr/ fuck off.
/pol/ fuck off.
Both of you go fuck off.

Jesus Christ I never thought I'd actually prefer fucking reddit posters.
>>
>>94271748
Well, isn't Goliath fucking dead?
>>
Disney -> Marvel -> Lucas Films -> Jews

Hate whites cause of the Germans.. kill USA off and rule the world as they believe God intended.

why do you even ask anymore? You already know the answer.
>>
>>94272095

Like that ever matters in comics.
The only way you stay dead forever in capeshit is if you died as part of an origin story.
>>
File: 1491699405007.jpg (1MB, 1886x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1491699405007.jpg
1MB, 1886x1356px
>>94272075
>there are way bigger derailments from Norse mytholgy in Marvel than him but still yes.
Remember when Sigurd was the one black dude in Norway instead of the son of Norse nobility?
>>
>>94272038
You can be upset with the ones that don't make sense and are actually pointless and badly done blackwashing.

But jesus christ. /pol/ apparently doesn't even read spiderman if they think Miles is even comparable to that. Miles is how you're supposed to do it, a new well fleshed out character who gets similar powers and takes over when the previous guy dies/retires/disappears.

You don't criticize the people that do it right, unless blakcwashing isn't the problem and you just hate black people. Like OP here.
>>
>>94272092
There is no tumblr here. Being anti-/pol/ doesn't make you tumblr. Go back.
>>
>>94272129
Remember when Thor was blonde and hung out with the Hulk?
>>
>>94272092
Why would tumblr even come here. That's probably the dumbest thing about your /pol/ bullshit.
>>
>>94272122
He's been dead for over 10 years, I doubt anyone cares about him enough to bring him back.
>>
>>94272095
That's Black Goliath. His nephew became the new Goliath and then got Bendis'd into being a Revenger. Now he is in jail awaiting parole.
>>
>>94272143
I don't remember the Marvel version 100%, but Sigurd isn't an asgardian, he's someone who was around when the Asgardians were dicking around with the vikings
>>
>>94270010
>Blackwashin
>posts Puerto Rican spiderman

Bait thread saged
>>
>>94271910
it happens in other movies take db evolution, but still it happens.
>>
>>94271851
He doesn't to be acknowledged as black, but insists on being called Spider-Man and wears a black costume. Sounds pretty counter-intuitive.
>>
>>94271017
Most of them weren't even fucking alive for even that. The Jim Crow era blacks are in their 70s and 80s and dying, their children and grandchildren can't claim victimhood for shit they never experienced and if anything, society gives them a leg up now because of affirmative action. Now we have plenty of underachieving students getting scholarships and school placements and underaqualified people getting jobs simply because they're a woman or a minority (except Asians). It's fucking ridiculous
>>
>>94272160
>Bendis'd into being a Revenger

That whole thing was fucking retarded. Wonder Man just turned evil out of nowhere. Fuck Bendis.
>>
>>94272187
Meanwhile you're a NEET shitposting on the Internet about "DA JOOS"
>>
>>94272172
I don't think Goku is a superhero but i agree. It's mostly in anime, actually. Only one that is justifiable is Death Note since Japanese dude with a huge apartment is considered a huge privlege in Japan, and what better way to depict the privledge in a shallow way by making Light a white guy?
>>
>>94272210
>can't respond to a valid point? time to break out le strawman
>>
>>94272210
What the hell drugs are you on?
>>
>>94272214
The truth hurts doesn't it? You didn't make a valid point. You regurgitated the same tired old arguments biased arguments that clearly ignore sociological factors. You think you're the first one to ever make that post son?

Either way it still doesn't change the fact those minorities are getting ahead in life while you continue to shitpost as a NEET.
>>
>>94270560
I prefer Black Widow as an interesting and well written character, just like any other good ones.
>>
>>94272262
>Calls others shitposters
>Types in Reddit spacing
>>
>>94272300
>"R-Reddit spacing!"

So you've completely given up. Fucking pathetic. Kill yourself kid.
>>
>>94272262
That's weak posting, anon
Ask your colleagues and group-think up something stronger.
>>
>>94272312
Actually Im not that guy, just wanted to step in and call you a faggot if that wasnt already apparent
>>
>>94272300
>>94272312
Okay what the fuck is reddit spacing? Just typing out paragraphs?
>>
>>94270100

it would be blackwashing if they turned peter parker black

if he takes up the mantel thats like saying they white washed the presidency

or orange washed

different people can have the same title once its handed over

and the funny thing about Xwashing is they do it the other way around turning arabs and asians white and shit in media all the time
>>
>>94272346

Yes, specifically putting a line break between paragraphs. It's one of the weirder shitposts we get.
>>
>>94270465
>Because slavery and discrimination that has not historically affected white people.
In America maybe. The Arabs and Ottomans spent centuries raiding the Mediterranean coast and Balkans for slaves. The janissaries were specifically Balkan Christian slaves and it was well known that the Ottomans specifically targeted women from the Caucasus (specifically the Circassians) for their harems specifically due to their reported beauty.
>>
>>94272211
except Light has more class and discipline, being japanese would have worked better for the show all around.
>>
>>94271941
Because it was fucking shit
>>
>>94270465
>Because slavery and discrimination that has not historically affected white people.
wrong, there is some one called malcom x, that dude wanted to use violence against white people along with the black panther, and you generalize white people too much. Take people from trailer parks, people consider them dumb, or hill billies.
>>
>>94271898
Every time I see this panel, this is the first thing that comes to mind:
https://youtu.be/NWAWzRmV1AM
Seriously, fuck that bitch.
>>
>>94272262
All you're doing is projecting now. Someone factually destroyed your argument and all you can do now is make assumptions because you were made to look like the fucking idiot you are. Hod do you know I'm a NEET? Because I post on 4chan? We have fucking CIA agents who post on 4chan, FBI, Airline Piolts, Military servicemen, ect. And you know you can't prove I'm a NEET but you want to feel so self righteously that followed through with your idiocy anyway and here we are, you flopping around like a retarded child, trying to get the upperhand while we laugh at you
>>
>>94270100
Well if he sucks off Peter Parker every day and swallows his cum he could be closer to being the Spider Man.
>>
File: 1500484688085.jpg (41KB, 304x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500484688085.jpg
41KB, 304x400px
Because black people and tumblr think that comic books somehow matter in combating oppression even though blacks got their rights in the fucking 60's.
Thus, white people have to phase out white characters to make them not sad.
>>
>>94272442
Malcom X abandoned that ideology near the end of his life because as a muslim he realized that people of all races and nationalities followed Islam and all he wanted was a separation of the races because he also realized that there could never be harmony, and he was right
>>
>>94271018
And why would more coloured people or women or homosexuals in comics be a bad thing?

I can see a point if they were all virtue signaling or there just to fill a diversity slot, but Heroes such as static shock or black Panther are some of my favorite Heroes- and I'm not even black.
>>
>>94272412
blame the vikings they made bank selling them british and slavic slaves
>>
>>94272577
It's not about minority characters in general, it's about removing established characters and replacing them with minorities instead of just making a new character
>>
>>94272651
Just like how black tribes sold the ones they conquered to the Americans I guess.
>>
>>94272577

With Marvel's current mindset? Let's just say we'll be getting more Riri's and FemThor's as opposed to Static or Storm.
>>
>>94272684
it's a little different vikings rarely sold their own
>>
File: 1475789711952.png (148KB, 409x573px) Image search: [Google]
1475789711952.png
148KB, 409x573px
>>94270135
>defining a character by their ethnicity and gender.
How pathetically shallow can you be?
>>
>>94272516
>Because black people and tumblr
you could just say tumblr because I doubt all black people think this or even care and the black people who do probably go to tumblr.
>>
File: jews in white privilege.jpg (128KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
jews in white privilege.jpg
128KB, 600x800px
>>94270123
>He doesn't know that the "white cucks" are in fact Jews. Or that "Diversity" was a jewish created idea pushed by Jewish professors and Jewish media moguls.

Anon, the jew myth isn't as much of a myth as we'd like it to be.
>>
>Black washing
>Peter was still there in the Ultimate universe
>Peter is still there in 616
How is it Black washing when the character that he "replaced" still exists and has more comics being published about them.
>>
>>94272492
Sounds like something a NEET would say.
>>
>>94270135
>IDENTITY IS IMPORTANT!
>Identity isn't important.

Pick one. Either race matters, or race doesn't. In which case either it's wrong to switch the race of white characters, or minority character's races don't matter.
>>
>>94270010
Wow they blackwashed Miles? what the fuck
>>
File: 1501345568419.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1501345568419.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>94270158
>>
>>94272777
See? More projection. Just give it up faggot, you were schooled.
>>
>>94272348
His entire character is just "Peter Parker in blackface".

Its blackwashing.
>>
File: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.jpg (532KB, 1024x1610px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.jpg
532KB, 1024x1610px
>>94272014
>>
>>94272816
Doesn't change the fact you're a NEET who probably has /pol/ and /r9k/ opened up in another tab. Do you like to shitpost about how wagecucks are idiots and getting NEETbucks is amazing too?
>>
>>94272760
>jew's are playing both sides as an in joke
it never really made sense that they would want to flood the world with muslims, everyone knows jews hate muslims
>>
File: 1491512951530.jpg (72KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491512951530.jpg
72KB, 800x800px
>>94271210
Fucking this. I hate hearing blacks complain about representation when hispanics more than double their population and are less represented than blacks.
>>
File: 1473993031955.jpg (25KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1473993031955.jpg
25KB, 370x370px
>>94270465

Pick up a history book someday, anon
This shit is embarrassing and somewhat infuriating considering it's a subject I adore.
>>
>>94272834
What's wrong with /pol/?
>>
>>94271664
>/pol/ infiltrators.
/pol/ doesn't "infiltrate" crap. It doesn't have to. There is not /pol/ agency that runs around starting up shit in boards. They don't have to. Because everything /pol/ talks about is already out there in the world, justifying /pol/ everyday. And people realize that their communities are getting taken over by tumblrites like you who insist "diversity is our strength" and "shut up white boi, muh slavery means gibsmedat!"
>>
>>94272834
Anon
He's anon
No one cares what anon is or what anon does
People care about the quality of his individual posts because this isn't some cult of personality like other message boards (there's a reason tripfags are reviled)
His posts were better than your posts. No matter how much more of a winner you may (claim to) be in real life, no one cares because you post like a little bitch.
>>
>>94272827
>I don't read comics
>>
>>94272928
wrongthink and a refusal to bow to 'appeal to authority' type arguing. /pol/'s autism wants statistics.
>>
File: 33a.png (317KB, 650x439px) Image search: [Google]
33a.png
317KB, 650x439px
>>94272834
>>
>>94271664
>is /pol/ sending insurgents
God forbid people crossboard. It's not like half of /co/ isn't from tumblr.
>>
>>94272993
On an unrelated note, I've never been to /tv/ and I wonder, what's the Tumblr percentage on that board?
>>
>>94273016
Well, they are big guys.
>>
File: jew diversity.jpg (907KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
jew diversity.jpg
907KB, 1600x1600px
>>94272894
look up "Trosky's white negroes"

Basic idea is "mix the goy races to the point where they're smart enough to labor, but not smart enough to revoled (iq 90> ish)." and then the more intelligent Jewish race runs everything. Still apparently has its followers these days.

Jews hate Muslims, but Muslims are easy to control and contain if you want.
>>
>>94272928
/pol/ bases their autism on statistics and research. Which lead to dark places and hard truths that people don't want to acknowledge.

So they say /pol/ is wrong because they can't disprove most of what they say.
>>
>>94273051
There's even an example right in this thread of someone sperging out and calling everyone a NEET all of a sudden.
>>
>>94273032
for you
>>
>>94270010
But Miles is the whiteswap. Peter's black Spider-Man.
>>
>>94273051
>Implying /pol/ has done any research

It's biased and clearly skewed meme images created by some edgy teenagers. Nobody wants to take the time to disprove them because it'll be a waste of time and you idiots already deluded yourselves into believing it. There are actually scientists on Reddit so go post your images there and see how fast they'll be debunked.
>>
>>94272928
It's a shitty board frequented by underages.
>>
>>94272952
>>94272987

>"Waaah I got called out for being an underage NEET!"
>>
>>94273105
Normally I'd assume this is bait, but then I remember "/co/mblr" isn't just a meme.
>>
>>94273150
>/co/mblr

You kids are too far gone. No wonder you're all NEET losers.
>>
File: LTS.png (482KB, 950x631px) Image search: [Google]
LTS.png
482KB, 950x631px
>>94271210
>Latinos have been the largest minority group in the US for years now, but you don't hear about them boycotting the Oscars
>they don't give a shit
Well yeah, latinos are way superior than blacks and the nuWhite men. Seriously, why is race so fucking important for white people and blacks? Latin people is racist too but it's not a big deal.
>>
>>94273150
Go away poll and trust me, you are worse than tumblr.
>>
File: IMG_3094.jpg (76KB, 500x659px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3094.jpg
76KB, 500x659px
>>94272187
And after the success of the civil rights movement, everyone had equal oppurtunity, and there was no racism. there are literally no cultural or systemic artifacts left over from the old days. We all just washed our hands of that shit and moved on.

current pandering may be tone deaf and insulting, but your reaction to it speaks volumes about your own character.
>>
>>94271589
I didn't realize Miles changed his name to Peter Parker.

Oh wait, he didn't, you fuckwit.
>>
>>94273194
Rude. :(

/pol/ is the board of peace.
>>
>>94273105
The majority of those memes are just straight up statistics or quotes.

not that I'd expect /co/mumblr to know what either of those things actually are.
>>
>>94271929
>Then they started turning the characters they liked into women, faggots, or something equally stupid.
blacks?
>>
>>94270010
>blackwashings
That's not peter parker. God you're fucking retard.
>>
>>94270010

>Can someone tell me why blackwashings okay but whitewashing isnt?

"Erasing" one White superhero out of thousands is no big deal.

Erasing one Black superhero out of the two dozen or so high-profile Black superheroes in the Big Two is far more of a big deal.
>>
>>94272899
>less represented than blacks.
I'd say they're about even, desu
>>
>>94272053
Our cheese cake threads usually go like this :

>Ew. Yuck. Take it to /aco/
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/94158047/#94158110

>Hello fellow /co/ users. I am a cheesecake appreciating individual, but we should totally regulate all cheesecake threads to the board created for hardcore pornography.
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/94158047/#94171459

>Did someone say it's time to spam the thread with fatties? Cuz I think someone said it's time to spam the thread with fatties
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/94158047/#q94173240
>>
File: literally written like a fanfic.png (4MB, 1988x1156px) Image search: [Google]
literally written like a fanfic.png
4MB, 1988x1156px
Honestly the creation of /pol/ was a mistake, yes, but because it created a new boogeyman and allows retards to deviate entire conversations with it.
Nowadays you cannot discuss legit matters like race-related problems, writing that has been influenced by identity politics, agenda acknowledged by their writers themselves, etc, without faggots shouting "pol" at every opportunity.
It's like they think it's a good thing that some writers value more the ethnicity of their characters than their actual identity and personalities just for the sake of diversity points. No surprise we normally end with incredibly boring or straight up badly written characters.
>>
>>94274819
>No surprise we normally end with incredibly boring or straight up badly written characters.
This sounds more like a result of 99% of Marvel's writers being shit, if they stopped trying to force diversity they'd still be shit.
>>
The only black kiddo for me is him. Fuck Milesfag and Bendis.
>>
>>94274957
and you'd be right, they'd still be shit but I think removing the racial element of replacing characters would make it more tolerable. A bigger problem with Marvel is the writers having this almost fetish like fixation with current politics and outright telling people on social media that it's IMMORAL to not want to engage with dumb stories that amount to "white guys bad", it's like some kind of bizzaro form of escapism.
>>
>>94274957
Eh, I think you're right, but that doesn't stop people from yelling "pol" everytime a slightly controversial matter is discussed.
In all honesty, I just wish Dan Slott would fuck off once and for all.
>>
>>94272782
Oooh noes, you fit me into your false dichotomy bullshit. Because it's not okay for race to sometimes matter and sometimes not...?
>>94272731
You say that like you can't have a character of Italian, Scottish, etc. heritage where it makes sense for them to be white.
>>
>>94270010
>>94270100
Oh and I suppose John Stewart is black washing too huh?
>>
>>94270010

What happened is we spent the last 40 years teaching white people to hate themselves, to hate any sense of white identity, and to blame themselves for everything bad that ever happened in history.

At this point the people that hate whiteness the most are young white people, so they see replacing a white character with a non-white character as good and even righteous and justified. Because they have been taught to despise their own identity. For the same reasons they see replacing a non-white character with a white one as evil and monstrous.

I mean in reality white people and white culture is responsible for nearly all of science, the modern world, modern civilization and pretty much everything that makes the quality of life for humans immeasurably better than their ancestors in almost every way. But whites are taught that they can never be proud of the accomplishments of their ancestors because they didn't accomplish that personally and "you didn't do that", but at the same time they must never stop feeling guilty about slavery, imperialism, colonialism, and 1960's racism even though they were not even born.
>>
>>94270135
>Because out of all your "beloved" characters, very few of them actually have to be white.
You do realize what you said is literal discrimination, right?
>>
>>94275791
Guilt following the Civil Rights movements of the 60s. Not to say "It was a mistake!" or any /pol/ nonsense but they legitimately believe this is how you "balance the scales". No one knows where this road is going to take us but some people are worried about the rise of nationalism and conservatism in Gen Z.
>>
>>94275791
White identity.

What the fuck even is that sir?
Explain.

The circlejerk is so real we've become the very thing we bitch about. Were victimizing ourselves.

Stop acting like a fucking victim you pussy. We are still the elite and nothing will change that.
>>
>>94270996
>give me an explanation
>I'll make you out to be racist, that'll show you!
Compelling argument, you really showed how superior you are to those racists!
>>
>>94271219
There's also Blue Marvel, he's pretty cool, but he's not fleshed out much an d no one cares about him because he's not being shoved into every book.
>>
>>94271550
>Could you name 15
>implying this is a proper defense
yeah, totally validates blackwashing!
>>94271725
>Do take note that you had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to gather this list.
Oh, and when someone proves you wrong you ntipick the answer! You're so right! Yoiu're a prick hiding behind this diversity bullshit just to seem smarter and to have some sort of feigned high ground against people. Fuck you, I hope someone makes you eat barbed wire.
>>
>>94275799
Discrimination based on the way the character's written? Sure. But it's not racial discrimination.
>>94276300
It's not really an argument. I am just quoting back your actual mentality.
>>
>>94271840
>not buying it
so you're retarded and in denial then? None of these characters are fucking good, they're hollow cash grabs you can't call out or you're a meany racist. It's fucking annoying and people want it gone. Evverybody listed here? >>94271824
Much more interesting than the garbage we keep getting, some of my favorites on that list are dead because of pricks like you
>>
>>94276633
>It's not really an argument. I am just quoting back your actual mentality.
You're not, you're just being a little faggot.
>>
>>94276633
>white discrimination is not racial discrimination
Alright then.
>>
>thread goes into autosage before reaching the bump limit
mmmhh
>>
>>94271664
>So what's going on with these threads is /pol/ is sending insurgents to other boards to shitpost and spread their toxic ideas, and the sad 50-something white supremacists that go to /pol/ see the current state of comics, flash back to their childhoods, and get worked up into an autistic rage.
Hey r*ddit and/or tmblr insurgent! You realize we know that there's screencaps of your invasion plans right?

No, as it turns out there's a large group of people just sick of all this pandering garbage. As it turns out, political ideas are kind of intrinsic in a lot of things nowadays, whoda thunk people might have political ideas that aren't yours! Shocking I know!
You wanna know why Trump won the election? Most of it was because of faggots like you calling them racist when they called out something for being bullshit. As it turns out, there's a lot of people on /co/ who also want to call out that shit because they're sick of it. It's intertwined in movies, tv, music all sorts of media, workplace hiring, everyday conversations, everywhere to the point you can't escape it So now we're calling it out and shitting on it when we can because we're sick of people like you calling us racists.

And Most of these diversity characters you're defending so much? They suck dick, are written poorly and push of the legitimate ones. I remember Night Thrasher, nobody else does because people killed him off for shit drama, but it's okay now, we got Miles Mundane Morales to replace him! Who needs War Machine? We got a bland Mary Sue to replace him! She's in every book now and she's the best ever! Eat a dick, and stay the fuck back in your bubble.
>>
>>94275639
well considering that there is not a spider-man cops, no
>>
>>94270086
Superheros are literally white mythology. It would be like if we had a white person replace a famous fictional black character like Kuntakina in roots
>>
>>94277067
*corps
>>
>>94275639
>white character is killed so his personal (and lorewise original) created "mantle" can be passed to the monthly token POC, which was acknowledged by the writer himself
>character whose mantle never was original and unique to himself, as he forms part of some sort of "corps" where a predecessor dying and passing the mantle is part of the lore and literally how all of them obtain their powers
>these two are obviously the same thing or even comparable
Oh man, if only you could understand how retarded you are.
>>
>>94277067
>there isnt a spiderman corps
Sure about that? Now many different spidermen roaming around?
>>
>>94275791
you have to be a real special autist if you white people are victims of anything
>What happened is we spent the last 40 years teaching white people to hate themselves, to hate any sense of white identity, and to blame themselves for everything bad that ever happened in history.

when did this happen? history books still tone down the fucked things white people have done and still prop up their achievements
>>
>>94275992
>Stop acting like a fucking victim you pussy. We are still the elite and nothing will change that.
says who you self hating faggot, you? The media? Some random handful of bullshit minorities? No, white people arent the elite, white isn't even a fucking race, it's just a skin color generalization, but everyday the media tells us that we're bad for being white, that we have it too good, that white people never have to worry about anything. It's fucking bullshit.
I want the double standard to end, I couldn't give a shit less about anything else.
>>
>>94275992
moonshine, color blindness, banjo music, meth
>>
>>94276827
Great comeback, kiddo.
>>94276955
So you're saying that EVERY single white character absolutely has to be white, due to their backstory? If not, then you agree with me. I didn't say that race doesn't matter for every white character, or that it DOES matter for every black character. It's far more complicated than you want it to be.

Pic related, no one complained about turning Shades white because the character was awesome regardless of race.
>>
>>94277143
>history books still tone down the fucked things white people have done
Like being the culture that actually fought to end slavery?
Or improve the quality of life so much so you can sit on your fatass barking at them?
My god, what an atrocity.
>>
>>94277102
Oh so the difference to you is when it got started? So every green lantern after the first one the guardians made is a token POC? What about the first lantern ever written and his origin huh?
>>
>>94277223
>So you're saying that EVERY single white character absolutely has to be white, due to their backstory?
I'm saying that there shouldn't be a need or movement to turn them into non-white, the same way there shouldn't be a need to turn black characters into white.
Racewashing for elseworlds or reimaginations is ok.
Racewashing for the sake of diversity, which is what has been discussed in this thread and the point you've been avoiding all the time with your blatant shitposting, is not ok.
>>
>>94277146
>everyday the media tells us that we're bad for being white, that we have it too good, that white people never have to worry about anything.
Honest question from a brotha: why do you let that effect you? I mean, obviously this isn't all media, so you're actually focusing on things that offend you and letting it control your worldview. Outside of this toxic SJW-vs-anti bubble, 99% of people don't think you're bad for being white. Most of them are white themselves.
>>
>>94270010
Kill yourself OP
>>
>>94277288
I knew you'd use this strawman. That's not a corp lantern (with exceptions being made sometimes) and his origin is unrelated to them, and the key point that you're missing is that due to that Alan Scott has remained mainly unaffected by the lore of the the lantern corps.
So he isn't being replaced, or washed, and his mantle still belongs to him since his lore is separated from the rest of the lanterns.
Seriously, read a fucking comic.
>>
>>94277288
>So every green lantern after the first one the guardians made is a token POC?
You either did not read the post you quoted at all, or your reading comprehension is zero.
The later would explain your shitposts.
>>
>>94277329
>I'm saying that there shouldn't be a need or movement to turn them into non-white
Such as?
You can't stop the director of (insert movie here) from choosing to cast an actor with a different race for the role. But you're trying to twist it around so that instead of you being the comic-book authoritarian in this situation, it's everyone else "forcing" diversity on you.

You're saying that people shouldn't think differently that you - but you also want to act victimized and offended. It's kinda funny.
>>
>>94277462
Guardians are blue alien dudes. Any one besides them would be persons of color (technically species of color but whatever) in comparison.
>>
>>94277102
this guy gets it
>>94277288
this guy is just another sjw, i assume
>>
>>94277416
But he was replaced in writing. Maybe not directly copied (but thats not what Miles is doing any way) in universe but he was absolutely replaced as THE green lantern.
>>
>>94277263
>Like being the culture that actually fought to end slavery?
the same one that brought chattel slavery here in the first place and the same one that dehumanized, dumb downed, rape and murdered african americans during and after slavery.

>Or improve the quality of life so much so you can sit on your fatass barking at them?

it was JUST white culture doing shit and not the contributions of other races and cultures to help create the quality of life that lets a fatass like you whine and squeal about diversity
>>
File: when-life-doesnt-make-sense.jpg (10KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
when-life-doesnt-make-sense.jpg
10KB, 240x240px
>>94277143
>history books still tone down the fucked things white people have done and still prop up their achievements

Are you fucking high?
>>
>>94277583
Not an sjw but it is retarded to think that Miles being his own spiderman, who happins to be black, is black washing. They didnt make peter parker black some autistic shit like that. He is his own character with his own identity. Just like how Cass isnt a "yellow washed" bat girl.
>>
File: y6345uut.gif (1MB, 308x212px) Image search: [Google]
y6345uut.gif
1MB, 308x212px
>>94277469
No, you don't get it.
I'm not stopping anyone from replacing well loved characters with their own fanfic-tier tokens of the day. I don't even care if they go white-to-black or black-to-white, it's shit regardless of what race is affected.

What I'm saying is that, when you have writers whose only interest in doing such a change is to grab a few diversity points and push one of the agendas they believe in, you just cannot expect these characters to be well-writen.
There can be exceptions, sure, but the majority of times, as demonstrated by Marvel, when a writer is way more interested on the ethnicity of the character and ignores his flaws, personality, identity and background, it comes out bad. So don't get surprised when people get tired of this practice and point it out.
And if you weren't a shitposter that just appeared in the last 30 posts and actually read the thread, you would see a lot of examples of writers themselves acknowledging they're introducing diversity for the sake of diversity.

When a writer creates a character with "x" race because he wants to, there's no problem at all (see Astro City for example). Nobody cares as long as it's good and enjoyable.
But when they go out of their way to kill a loved character, replace him with another, and we end up with bad writing and bad personalization, and the reason behind this drop of quality was because they wanted to virtue signal their way for the current identity politics, and they even admit this on social media?
You think people is going to shut up and swallow?
You seriously think that?
I know you're shitposting, and I imagine what kind of strawman you're going to use next. But seriously, don't be so surprised people don't welcome these changes anymore after a decade of pure bullshit.
Have a nice day, summerfag, I'm done with your shitposts.
>>
>autosage

rip thread

It would be nice if we could talk about topics like this one day without it devolving into nothing but shitflinging.
>>
>>94277639
>the same one that brought chattel slavery here in the first place and the same one that dehumanized, dumb downed, rape and murdered african americans during and after slavery.
Africans did that to themselves. Sorry.
>it was JUST white culture doing shit and not the contributions of other races and cultures
Sure thing, shitskin.
>>
>>94277768
Maybe give it next decade.
>>
>>94277768
This is why >>94274819 is right.
>>
>>94277777
good get
>>
File: humanaccomp.png (81KB, 1237x1017px) Image search: [Google]
humanaccomp.png
81KB, 1237x1017px
>>94277639
>it was JUST white culture doing shit and not the contributions of other races and cultures to help create the quality of life that lets a fatass like you whine and squeal about diversity

The modern world in which you live, civilization, and almost the entirety of science itself is almost completely the product of white European males.

Out or politeness we go out of our way to highlight minor contributions of non-whites to make them feel better. But in reality everything around you that makes your quality of life better than your ancestors, and even beyond that the very principles upon which those things are designed and built, was discovered and theorized, and then invented, engineered and built by white European males, mainly from about 1650-present.

Source for chart: Human Accomplishment: The Pursuit of Excellence in the Arts and Sciences, 800 B.C. to 1950
Thread posts: 258
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.