[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally who gives a shit? Like I literally mean this literally.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 27

File: cx1dqvqyi4b6pofpetbe.jpg (93KB, 960x550px) Image search: [Google]
cx1dqvqyi4b6pofpetbe.jpg
93KB, 960x550px
Literally who gives a shit?

Like I literally mean this literally. Who the fuck is asking for another FoX-Men film?
>>
>>94260958

X-men movies are weird. They're mostly crap but every so often they'll turn out something really good like DoFP or X2
>>
File: logan-poster-sunset-2.jpg (110KB, 695x1049px) Image search: [Google]
logan-poster-sunset-2.jpg
110KB, 695x1049px
>>94261002

the wolverine films are X films too, and we can't forget the greatest of them all.
>>
I actually liked Apocalypse mostly. Sansa is a qt. Cyke/Jean chemistry was good. No more Wolverine to steal all the focus. They are gonna do the alien stuff which is required for phoenix. This could be good.
>>
>>94261002
I went into the theater for First Class expecting it to shit all over it, but I was very pleasantly surprised and it's still my favorite X film.

But fuck Dark Phoenix.
>>
They should have extended Huge Ackman's contract or set up X-23 to replace him. They can't even have Deadpool cameos because he's from the modern day.
>>
File: 151973-96075-lilandra.jpg (60KB, 429x640px) Image search: [Google]
151973-96075-lilandra.jpg
60KB, 429x640px
Well First Class was great, DOFP was the best of the franchise (except possibly Logan which I have not seen) and Apocalypse had issues it was still good and I'd say the 4th best of the franchise.

Now about Phoenix. If Magneto & Mystique were thrown out, I would be genuinely excited for the film, but with them back in. I can just pray they are mere Cameos.

Really hope Chastain's Lilandra has a faithful design. Sick of metalic characters like Cyborg having dull texturing, I want slick reflective glossy metal.
>>
>>94261129
>Implying that'll stop them

Fox has proven time and time again that they dont care about continuity.
>>
File: first-class.jpg (54KB, 600x293px) Image search: [Google]
first-class.jpg
54KB, 600x293px
I liked First Class a lot. That Darwin shit was bull but over all it was fun. Plus I have to give credit to any film that's willing to bring in the yellow and blue
>>
How much of a cameo is dazzler going to be? is she the new jubilee or will she do somehting
>>
>>94261129
X-23 is in the future too though

but time travel is the answer
>>
>>94261247
>Darwin
It's literally not fair. First time I was aware of the "black guy dies first" trope too
>>
>>94260958
Hello retard, its about keeping the license plus ,Apocalypse did well so ofourse a sequel was coming
>>
I like Jean Grey, besides I want a hot redheaded as a protagonist for once
>>
I don't like this britbong as Jean.
>>
>>94261339
Apocalypse underperformed, Fox shill.
>>
Im pretty tired of the X Men movies as a whole, its the same shit over and over
>>
I just want another one with the original cast. Like fuck dude X3 was so bad they deserve to get another film together
>>
>>94261152
Apocalypse was a bit too all over the place.
And even then it would've have been so bad if they tried to give more thought to doing everything.
I mean don't fucking kill Magneto's family by having them get shot by a distracted KGB.
I was also hoping that Weapon X would just be an easter egg but they went on so long. In fact if they had to release him I'd prefer he not actually be seen just be a wave of death you never saw.
And poor Jubes, I don't even remember how they wrote her out. She deserved to be a part of the kids team and she just disappeared.
>>94261129
>Modern day
He's immortal and they're alternate timelines so it's all good.
But the issue with a Deadpool cameo is sort of destroys immersion in an actual movie. It's fine in his own movie but in a more serious movie it doesn't fit unless they find a way to make so his 4th wall breaking is excusable/just makes him look like a mad man.
>>94261486
It's dark phoenix, isn't she more the villain/plot device of that storyline?
>>94261559
>underperformed
>>
>>94261605
Agreed. At least the MCU has variety.
>>
>>94260958

what Fox has to do is a Morrison X Men movie

Drop Mystique
Replace the Logan Cyclops Jean love triangle with Jean Cyclops Emma
>>
File: tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.gif (979KB, 480x249px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.gif
979KB, 480x249px
>>94260958
>Who the fuck is asking for another FoX-Men film?

I am, but literally only for this blue cutie pie.
>>
File: sansa.jpg (135KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
sansa.jpg
135KB, 1280x1707px
Sansa is hot but she can't act. I'm not looking forward to her being the central character of the movie. I'm looking forward to the New Mutants movie more.
>>
>>94261864
BRAVO SINGER.
>>
>>94261684
Did Emma come back somehow in all the time travel bullshit?

Shit just turn her into a legacy, I don't actually care.
>>
>>94261918
The fact that you find that troll hot says a lot about you.
>>
>>94261918
I remember when chicks had to have goddess-tier looks to be considered "hot". Nowadays we just throw that term at any average looking girl.

No wonder women nowadays have egos bigger than Vegeta's.
>>
>>94260958
Seems like these movies are made so that a fresh batch of twinks can be brought in for the casting couch.
>>
I love the X-Men movies. Most are good, contrary to what the tween MCU fanboys might argue. I'm hoping Dark Phoenix is a better adaptations.
>>
Friendly reminder :
X2>DoFp>X1>Deadpool>X3>FC>Origins>Logan>The Wolverine>Apocalypse
>>
>>94261559
Underperformed doesn't mean it didn't profit retard and that doesn't detract that it's more about keeping the license which means having to make movies you fucking idiot or Fox loses the X-Men license and right now it's too profitable to give up
>>
>>94262329
>X3 that high
>Logan that low

Pleb.
>>
>>94262409
It underperformed and this new one will underperform. Fox should just give the rights back to Marvel.
>>
>>94262453
power gap after Deadpool
power gap after logan
>>
>>94262329

Days of Future Past sucks cock, it's a terrible adaption of the storyline and the peak of J Law schlock.
>>
>>94262329
>Origins above anything
I don't want to be that guy who dismisses any unpopular opinion as trolling, but you fucking have to be trolling, right?

...Right?
>>
>>94262453
I think he got Logan right tbqh, I don't get the love for it. Felt like nothing even happened the entire movie besides fight scenes and minimal character drama.
>>
>>94260958

Deadpool & Logan were Mega Hits for Fox.

Still, I don't think that will translate to X-Men performance. People are clearly tired of Bryan Singer's pedophile hands on the franchise.
>>
>>94262773
Yeah, but below Origins? Come on.
>>
>>94262558
It performed better than every other main line X-Men movie besides DOFP. That's not underperforming. Furthermore, Deadpool and Logan both overperformed. All these movies have been successful. There's no reason for Fox to give them up, especially since they PAID for the rights. It's their property, not Marvel's.
>>
>>94260958
Superhero films are big money and the x-men are the closest Fox has to the avengers or Justice league.
>>
>>94262726
>it's a terrible adaption of the storyline
true. Still best on the list of movies.

>>94262732
It's not high on the list because it's not particularly good, but its better than the shitshows that were wolverine and apocalypse and has much better story and scenery than Logan. Also it didn't have that fucking little annoying kid
>>
>>94262853
They honestly should have kept Matthew Vaughn as director. The fact that he avoided typical capeshit tropes is why First Class was so good
>>
>>94262932

Well they could at least let the Fantastic Four go
>>
>>94260958
Magneto movie when?
>>
>>94263401
They had plans to make a movie with Fassbender but because Wolverin origins sucked they scrapped the idea.
>>
>>94260958
Don't we know they all live anyway thanks to Wolverine at the end of DOFP? What could the stakes possibly be?
>>
Jean Grey is such an unlikeable person. Why make a movie about her?
>>
>>94260958
I like the xmen

In terms of super heroes it goes

xmen
DC
Marvel

I'd rather see an xmen film than a MCU one
>>
>>94261171
Sounds like any xmen story that doesn't occur during Claremont's run to me

and some during his run like xtinction agenda where they fuck up the art constantly issue to issue
>>
>>94263441
They might pick it back up considering how well Logan did
>>
>>94263516
Because women empowerment is a thing again right now so jewwood us trying to ride the wave of feminist movies and get some shekels
>>
>>94261247
The only thing bull about first class was killing Sean off screen
>>
>>94261486
>Jean Grey
Why?
>>
>>94263675

That's more a problem of Apocalypse than FC
>>
>>94261650
>At least the MCU has variety.
top kek
>>
X-Men flicks have been great. My last favorite of the franchise still don't dip under the heading of at least "decent," and First Class and Logan are in my top echelon of comic book movies. For a franchise that's been going for 17 years without a hard reboot, that's impressive. AND, credit where credit's due, X-Men birthed the modern comic movie era. Jesus, I think I've seen every one of these movies in the theater. Every one that comes out is like a cozy visit with old friends.

And since I've never been a big fan of X comics, it kind of works for me that MCU and X Men are in different universes. FF, on the other hand, are long overdue for some gd respect on their name.
>>
>>94260958
But why cast Fivehead Mcgee in the role of attractive redhead with god powers?
>>
File: 1501279852099.jpg (6KB, 116x111px) Image search: [Google]
1501279852099.jpg
6KB, 116x111px
>>94261247
I forgot how much of a twink buffet First Class was. It wasn't directed by Singer, was it?
>>
Why do people always act like Fox is going out of business because one movie got poor reviews but still broke even. Deadpool, Logan and DOFP all did well so they're not going to stop making movies just because of Apocalypse.
>>
>>94262558
>Fox should just give the rights back to Marvel.

So I can watch another movie where they just take Logan and no one else and shit on the rest of the franchise?
>>
>>94260958
>Who the fuck is asking for FoX-Men film?

The execs at FOX
>>
>>94260958
>Doing the Dark Phoenix saga AGAIN

You know why Logan and Deadpool were so good? The stakes have never been smaller. Logan was about 1 washed up guy protecting a kid and trying to get her across country. Deadpool was a very personal revenge flick with almost no stakes attached at all. Stop doing these huge teamups where you bring every mutant ever from the comics to take on world-ending threats. Make the squads smaller and focus on the characters and their personal investment in the world. They have so much material available to them but they keep doing the same shit. It's cool to watch mutants blow up stadiums and shit with their minds, but if we don't actually have a reason to care about that character, it may as well be a special effects demo.
>>
>>94263799
the same reason ultrachad Cyclops is being played by some ugly kid
>>
>>94263770
And I could really do without the MCUs campy touch to Xmen right.
>>
>>94263675
That happened in DoFP.

Killing off half the FC cast off screen in that movie was pretty disappointing desu. And then no one caring when Havok got shitcanned in Apocalypse. These movies have literally no pathos.
>>
>>94263876
The fuck is up with that, I thought Singer had good taste in twinks? I mean the rest are all delicious, but Cyke is pig disgusting.
>>
>>94263961
It's been that way since X3, when Cyclops was killed off-screen and none of the other characters cared beyond a passing thought. It triggered my teen self pretty hard despite not caring all that much about Cyclops.
>>
>>94262077
When was this?
>>
>>94262077
I don't remember that, I remember any average looking girl who plays a superhero or fantasy character immediately makes every neckbeard consider her the hottest girl on earth.
>>
>>94262329
> X3 better then First Class
Have you lost your fucking mind?
>>
>>94263961
I'm surprised how people still haven't learned that mist of the cast aren't central to the plot in the X-men films. They exist to support Magneto and Xavier, whom the films actually revolve around
>>
>>94262329
Actual non-retarded rankings

1. X2
2. DoFP
3. Logan
4. Deadpool
5. X1
6. FC
7. The Wolverine
8. Apocalypse
9. Origins
>>
The X Men movies are really just Logan/Xavier/Magneto movies with a shit ton of cameos
>>
>>94264375
Yeah well, the Magneto/Xavier shtick got old fast and seemed like a repeat of the "every X-Men movie revolves around Logan" issue. I can only see Magneto lose family, do something bad, reform at the end, and then become evil again while Xavier moons over trying to fix him so many times before it gets boring.

X-Men has always been an ensemble series, the fucking movies should reflect that.
>>
File: New Mutants.jpg (246KB, 814x490px) Image search: [Google]
New Mutants.jpg
246KB, 814x490px
>>94264511
That's why i'm looking forward to New Mutants, it's a new cast of characters and not the same old ones we've seen a dozen times. No Wolverine, No Magneto, No Mystique, Prof X might be in it but not sure. I really hope they don't fuck it up.
>>
File: tumblr_nvt72bvuKL1r2x5jlo1_540.png (254KB, 526x354px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvt72bvuKL1r2x5jlo1_540.png
254KB, 526x354px
>>94264714
If NM is successful I think that Fox will be emboldened. Something like Madrox's X-Factor could be possible.
>>
>>94264511
That format works terribly for movies because you only have roughly a two hour time frame to build your characters and story. Even Avengers keeps it's focus down to a few characters, mostly three, despite having an ensemble cast. You cant focus on everyone in a movie because there isn't enough time
>>
>>94261650
>At least the MCU has variety.
With a few exceptions they're basically the exact same movie
>>
File: WISH-1488089126500s.jpg (7KB, 125x94px) Image search: [Google]
WISH-1488089126500s.jpg
7KB, 125x94px
What's that everyone's saying?
You want something DIFFERENT?
>>
>>94260958
I am
>>
>>94261327
And to add insult to injury, they killed the guy that literally cannot die
>>
>>94261559
It did around 700 million.

>>94261605
Then don't watch them.
>>
>>94266744
I'm sorry, you're going to have to be more specific...
>>
>>94261002
>DoFP
>really good
Every time with this meme.
>>
>>94266914
I meant Darwin
>>
>>94266744
>everyone with superspeed can run 10 times the speed of light
>everyone with TK can move black holes effortlessly
>everyone with telepathy can read minds in another galaxy
>everyone with "adapting to shit that will kill you" powers can survive everything

Do you see your mistake?

>>94266940
You're the meme anon. There's only one person on /co/ that gets triggered by people enjoying DoFP
>>
>>94266940
When the competition to movies like DOFP are Avengers, well, then yeah, DOFP was good
>>
>>94264511
You're still missing the point. The point is that they represent conflicting ideal that are at odds in how it wants to address the problems presented in the movies. Xavier and Magneto are platforms, their teams are just tools and catalysts
>>
>>94266993
>Do you see your mistake?
No. Killing a guy who can survive everything is plainly retarded
>>
>>94267108
Everyone can survive everything until they suddenly can't. You assume that his "adaptability towards life threatening situations" power is maxed out. You might as well assume that Nightcrawler can teleport to Shi'ar space.

You would have a point if an extremely power wizard cast a spell on him that gave him his powers and explicitly defined them to be unlimited. Instead all we have are the homemade tests of a taxi cab driver.
>>
>>94264433
not too entirely different than my list but Logan is at the top of the third tier of the xmen films.

compare it to the ones above and below on your list.
DoFP mostly resembles the source material arc from the comics. It's full of really good action sequences, that fun quicksilver scene, the tension and high stakes set by the future scene, and it's an overall good looking movie.

Deadpool gets the character right, is fun almost all the time, has a ton of cool action, and leaves us with a satisfying ending.

Logan gets the character right and aesthetically resembles the old man logan source material . It's boring, doesn't follow the source material at all, has very little action, is an ugly desert movie, has annoying kids especially the girl, and is made for the sole purpose of killing off xavier and logan.
>>
>>94267107
Being able to adapt doesn't guarantee you'll survive
>>
>>94264301
X3 and FC are on par with one another but I don't remember embarrasingly bad CGI and "mutant and proud" in X3. Young eric and the tornado of knives in that opening scene made me laugh. January Jones' bad performance made me want to walk out.
>>
>>94267391
Well Logan never said it was based on any source material, so not being similar to OML comic isn't a valid complaint. I know people overhype it to hell so that makes you hate it but it was something completely different than any other X-Men movie and took a lot of risks, they accepted making less money at the sake of a grittier R-rated movie, which in my opinion makes it better then MCU using the same family friendly formula for every movie.
>>
>>94260958
I really hope we're lucky enough for Dark Pnoenix to be the last one with this cast.
>>
>>94261486
Jessica Chastain is like 5 movies this year. Watch any cartoon or any animated movie. Riverdale.Theyre like 1% of the population.
>>
>>94267704
the only one I actually hated was The Wolverine, which should have been last on my list but whatever. I would say that the hype for the movie, and the reason still claim that this is one of the best X-men movies is because it was very well marketed.
>It's the R-rated wolverine movie that we've all been waiting for that says fuck and shows blood.

all that shit was enjoyable but it's a pretty boring and mediocre movie.

http://www.therichest.com/world-entertainment/15-reasons-why-logan-sucked/
that guy pretty much says it all
>>
>>94267704
Jesus what's with your hard on for anything edgy for the sake of edginess? Do you feel mature when you watch a movie where people say bad words or something? And what's with your hate for family movies? The point is that you watch them with loved ones and children and enjoy yourself or does the idea of spending time with someone outside of the basement scare you?
>>
>>94266998
Poop is still poop even if it's less smelly
>>
>>94268087
>why do you like the color red? Why can't you just be like me and like the color blue
>I do like the color blue, I just want to see red sometimes, when it fits
>there's something wrong with you. All you need is blue. Lots of people love blue, blue is perfect in every way for every situation. Something being red means it's automatically bad
>>
>>94267355
You are misunderstanding that anon.
I think he is making a comparison with comic Darwin, a guy that has survived everything, even adapting an energy based life form to survive.
Evidently, that degree of survival is superior to Movie Darwin dying to an internal blast of kynetic enegy.
>>
>>94268162
Im not telling you what to like retard, I'm calling you an idiot for complaining about everything not being edgy because that's what you like. See the irony in your claim now?
>>
>>94261247
I've always wanted someone to publicly call Matthew Vaughn racist for that scene. Just flat out ask him if he hates black people. He probably doesn't, but that scene with Darwin pisses me off and I'd love to see him squirm over it.
>>
>>94267391
>nobody appreciates apocalypse
>>
>>94268463
Kill yourself faggot. Keep your race baiting shit to yourself
>>
>>94268161
Which is why you are a connoisseur of shit
>>
>>94268463
Seeing this, I'm even more happy that Darwin died in the movie. Didn't like him the moment I saw him and having him die first pleased me
>>
>>94268573
Not an argument.
>>
>>94260958

Fox is desperate to get a piece of that pie but their licenses suck. They banked on X-men being a lot more popular than it ended up being.
>>
>>94260958
>Building a tentpole franchise film around fucking Sophie Turner of all people, the actress from Game of Thrones whose job is to look traumatized a lot.
Solid decision making Fox, I really see this working out well for you.
>>
>>94268591
Your mother
>>
>>94268591
Nothing you've said has been even close to an argument.
>>
>>94260958
>who's asking for X-Men?

X-Men fans? People that read comics? People that don't MCU shill just because normies like it?

Lots of people.
>>
>>94268591
#NotMyArgument
#AllArgumentMatter
>>
>>94268523
it's better than The Wolverine... it wasn't as bad as the trailer made it look...

>>94268463
>I've always wanted someone to publicly call Matthew Vaughn racist for that scene. Just flat out ask him if he hates black people
are you sure that's what you want? the ultimate insult? the nuclear option?

>He probably doesn't... I'd love to see him squirm
it's almost as if you're aware of the power of falsly accusing a person of a thing that doesn't matter
>>
>>94268592
Are they really in ALL that bad of a spot, though? I mean, it's X-Men. Of all the outsourced Marvel properties, X-Men is arguably the most self-sufficient. You can build an entire functioning universe off of the X-Men property in a way you can't with any other Marvel property. There's an infinity of mutants, the concept of mutation itself lets you create new characters, there's the nifty racism allegory element, and some of the most memorable characters in all of comics belong to X-Men.

I guess what I'm wondering is how Fox managed to screw it up. They're in a far better position than, say, Sony with Spider-Man. You can't make an entire franchise out of Spider-Man, not really. But you sure can with X-Men.
>>
psst
*whisper*hey /co/
do you know where I can watch logan online?
I have a problem with finding it, which is weird because it's past 3 months since debut
>>
>>94268563
>>94268590
Fuck off back to /pol.

X-Men is ostensibly not for half-wit /pol kiddos.
>>
It'll be shit. X-Men don't suck but FOX has no idea how to make a Superhero film. That's honestly the conclusion I'm coming to, because they actually have done a good job at times when they avoid the cape film style and make something like Logan, which felt like some kind of gritty modern western action film that just happened to have powered people in it, and they got some steam in the beginning from aping the late 90s black leather action movie aesthetic and style, but every time the subject matter requires them to actually make it superheroey, they completely fall short.

The best parts of First Class were when we followed Magneto, a burgeoning villain with a quest for vengeance, and the movie took itself seriously, and the absolute worst parts were the actual First Class members the young people who are supposed to be the burgeoning heroes, from their cheesy hangout sessions, to the action scenes on the boat at the end.
>>
>>94260958
it will make more money than Homecoming.
>>
>>94268726
>complains about /pol/ after making a post about wanting to make baseless accusations of racism because a black person died in a movie

The irony
>>
File: Rogue Stance.gif (8KB, 207x224px) Image search: [Google]
Rogue Stance.gif
8KB, 207x224px
>>94261002
Ha ha, time for opinions

Genuinely Well Made Tier
>X2
>Logan

Good For A Blockbuster Tier
>Days of Future Past
>Deadpool (does this really count though)

Flawed But Entertaining Tier
>First Class
>The Wolverine

Ehhhhhhh Tier
>X-men 1

Bad Tier
>X-men The Last Stand

Oh Shit What Are You Doing Nigger Tier
>Apocalypse

So Bad It Boomerangs to Good Tier
X-men Origins Wolverine

I really think with Jackman finally done and Deadpool existing whenever it wants, they should just reboot the whole franchise and make something closer to the comics. I have zero faith in Dark Phoenix with the Apocalypse actors being worth a damn and beyond that, I want comic accurate Cyclops and Rogue goddamn it.
>>
>>94268893
Your opinion is shit, fuck off and die
>>
>>94268928
what are your opinions, friend?
>>
>>94260958
>apocalypse was crap
>this is simon kinberg's debut as a director
>the cast is still the same shit with all the miscast twinks and fucking JLaw
>why the fuck would Mystique even be in this fucking movie?
>the costumes are likely the same shit
>it's the phoenix again, but this time played by Sansa
>somehow these people think the franchise and characters they've built so far lend themselves to aliens and space opera
If this shit somehow works it'll be a goddamn miracle. Should've done a more colorful reboot before doing aliens desu.
>>
>>94268879
I'm a different poster. Regardless, /pol shits are /pol shits and should be made to leave as such.
>>
>>94261106
>No more Wolverine to steal all the focus.
Except for when they stopped the movie dead to redo Wolverines origin atory for the first time? Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>94269041
/thread

>>94269061
ostensibly is not the best word for you to have used kid. And nobody should be made to leave a board if they are not breaking any rules. Maybe don't make so many generalizations about people in the future just because you dissagree
>>
>>94264375
There is not a person in the world that wants to see more of that stuff now that Apocalypse drove it into the ground. We didn't need a 6th movie with Magneto as the villain.
>>
>>94268893

Quicksilver at least gave Apocalypse some redeeming qualities.
>>
>>94265251
>Something like Madrox's X-Factor could be possible.
That should always be a television series though. Just a long drawn out super hero soap opera.
>>
>>94261254
New Jubilee. They literally have the entire cast of Apocalypse returning.
>>
>>94268893
>they should just reboot

you fucked up
>>
>>94268893
>So Bad It Boomerangs to Good Tier
>X-men Origins Wolverine workprint
ftfy
>>
>>94263867
so much this.
>>
>>94260958
unless it's animated and for adults, it's gonna be shit.

Deadpool was rated R and people loved it. dumbass corporations really can't take a hint, can they?
>>
At least it won't be an X-Men 3 disaster right?

>>94261152
IMO its

Logan > Deadpool > X2 > DOFP > First Class > The Wolverine > X-Men > Apocalypse > X-Men 3 > X-Men Origins Wolverine.
>>
>>94268592
Xmen is popular as hell. What are you smoking
>>
>>94262329
Deadpool>Logan> any x-men movies with beast and nightcrawler > everything else
>>
>>94261275
>but time travel is the answer

yeah, if you're bendis and the company you work for has a hate boner for beast that is
>>
>>94269442
Fox didn't even want phoenix in X3 so yeah it's going to be better.
>>
File: bm.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bm.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>94269446
>>94269442
wow, I'm done. I weep for the future.
>>
File: alienpooh.jpg (112KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
alienpooh.jpg
112KB, 1000x625px
>>94269512
it'll be okay
>>
FYI: if Dark Phoenix is the last X-Men megatrilogy film then 4chan is going to be a shitshow of spoiler posts on opening night.
That HydraCap thing that we went through for a month straight won't even compare.

Remember how Claremont was prevented from writing his intended original ending to The Dark Phoenix saga?
How Marvel editorial stepped in to stop him in order to set up spin-offs and capitalize on a status quo?
And the ending was ... conventional.
It was this whole big controversy that defined Claremont's reputation from then on...

Yeah, well now Claremont is a thousand years old and this will be the literal last gasp he has to see his original vision told to the world before the cold hand of Mistress Death takes him.
Do you have any idea what that original vision was? I do.
Claremont stories were notorious for their fucked-up twists, like Proteus and his whole Oedipus complex thing.
Now imagine the shitstorm that will come from THAT happening on the big screen. Every last troll will be shitposting spoilers non-stop.

Don't think it'll happen?
Here's a taste: . Claremont's original plan was for Mystique to be Nightcrawler's long lost FATHER .
and that reveal is still a movie possibility. I would put money on that happening. What else do you think might be coming?
They literally have nothing to lose but the haters who already say they're boycotting Marvel.
>>
>>94269512
What happened?
>>
>>94269555
Checked
>>94260958
At least we'll get to see sunfire on the big screen
>>
>>94262558
The X-Men would clutter the MCU into a bloated mess.
>>
>>94269555
>real life futa in my cape movies

This is my fetish
>>
>>94262558
You know what? Disney needs to give the fucking rights to Fox, at least they know to do Villains.
>>
>>94263867
"We have to save the entire world/universe" is what ruins alot of cape movies.
>>
>>94269733
This is why Logan worked so well. It was literally about Logan trying to keep a group of kids alive in a fucked up world. There was no "saving" the world or any of that shit.
>>
I'm just waiting for DP2 and NM.
>>
>>94268726
Not either of the two you responded to but you sound like a retarded faggot.
>"I wanna call someone a racist who isn't racist"
>"You sound like a race-baiting faggot"
>"Fuck off /pol/
>>
>>94269286
>mfw they make a Generation X spin-off starring Dazzler playing by Sabrina Carpenter
>>
>>94261254
She is actually a supporting role.
>>
>>94267391
>doesn't follow the source material at all
And thank God for that. OML is the most overrated piece of shit to ever be written for Wolverine. I have a feeling that only people who read it when they were 15 and it seemed cool and edgy, defend it out of nostalgia.
>>
>>94270144
it's more fun than Logan was
you're a homo
>>
>>94270188
>edginess for the sake of edginess and not even a trace of substance
>fun
Fuck off, Mark.
>>
File: BUB.jpg (62KB, 560x372px) Image search: [Google]
BUB.jpg
62KB, 560x372px
So what are they going to do with Wolverine now? Recast? Have X-23 travel back from the future and take his place?
Tbqh I wouldn't mind if Fox would replace him with X-23 and Wolverine would get the same treatment as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and show up in the MCU as "enhanced human" or something like that.
>>
>>94270224
They arent going to recast. Simon said he wanted to focus on other characters.
>>
>>94269137
For, what, three minutes?
>>
I would be excited for a new X-Men film, but the young cast they chose for the movies going forward is fucking awful.

Seriously, Sophie Turner cannot act. I wish the GoT meme would end already.
>>
>>94270251
Sophie is the only bad one anon calm down
>>
>>94270251
One more year anon and the cancer of Game of Fags finally ends
>>
>>94260958
Do they really have to hire an actress that ugly?
I know acting ability > beauty, but she doesn't seem to have either so why not go wild?
>>
>>94261254
>New Jubilee

Jubilee is just an Chinese Dazzler. Dazzler came first
>>
>>94270318
Are you guys actually being serious when you called Jean and cyke ugly? Because they aren't no homo
>>
>>94270329
Don't know about Cyclops, but I really think Jean's actress is kinda ugly. She looks like a retarded fish.
>>
>>94263814
He did produce it, and the first thing he did was hold a gun towards Vaughan head and demands more twinks.
>>
>>94270210
hating Millar in 2017 is a meme
cut it off
>>
>>94270243

which means Hugh Jackman is going to a billion dollars for a walk on roll
>>
>>94270340
She looks bad some places but hot in others.
>>
>>94270366
Cut your head off instead. You obviously don't need it if you enjoy that garbage.
>m-meme
Do it with a rusty shoe knife.
>>
>>94270372
Logan was his last one mate
>>
>>94270393

This is his THIRD last one
>>
>>94270411
I mean the cast is already bloated and we are getting hellfire club and some new leads.
>>
>>94270389
edgy, must be a Morrisonfag
>>
>>94270432

Okay and? I didn't say this shit was gonna make for a good movie.
>>
>>94270499
>millarnigger accusing anyone of being edgy
Go back to masturbating to shooting old men with Alzheimers' in the face and fantasies of raping celebrities, Mark.
>>
DoFP is extremely overrated. People were mesmerized by the presence of the old cast, which is understandable, but the movie itself was weak as fuck if not for a few action scenes. NuMystique can't carry shit, Trask basically wasn't there and Xavier and Eric went through the same arc we had seen before. Singer was so insecure about the series moving on without him he even managed to get Charles to stand up again after he JUST lost use of his legs in FC

Not saying it's a bad movie, but it's definitely not the best of the franchise, not with X1, 2 and FC around. In some ways i prefer even The Wolverine
>>
>>94270562
>not reading heartwarming superhero stories like Jupiter's Legacy, Starlight, Superior and Huck
go back to your wannabe deep bullshit while I'll continue to have fun
>>
>>94270582
>implying I like Morrison
Garth Ennis is where it's at. Edge done right.
>>
>>94270499
>morrisonfag
>denying the magic of memes
You gotta know your audience, man.
>>
>>94270592
>3 good books in 3 decades
so impressive
>>
>>94263401
This. Fassbender was really wasted in the last 2 movies.

I get he was practically the main character in First Class but they really should do more with him. For all the flaws some of the movies have it's incredible they got the casting so right for Professor X and Magneto, not once but twice.
>>
>>94270617
>Millar
>good books ever
Ok, lel.
Also
>Hitman
>The Demon
>Hellblazer
>Punisher
>Fury
>War Stories
>Kev books
>Unknown Soldier
>bad
Kay
>>
>>94270244
They spent at least half an hour, maybe 45 minutes to sidetrack the plot far enough for that to happen.
>>
Apocalypse was the worst movie yet, he barely did shit. I didn't feel like he could destroy everyone in just a snap of his fingers in this movie. It felt like he was a drama queen instead.
>>
>>94270574
>Singer was so insecure about the series moving on without him he even managed to get Charles to stand up again after he JUST lost use of his legs in FC

This. Singer was so booty blasted that someone else did a good X-men movie, he literally eradicated everything Vaughn did in one fell swoop.

Felt so childish that he had to be the one that put Charles in the wheelchair and make Magneto betray the X-men (for the millionth time). Not to mention killing all of the characters introduced in First Class off-screen apart from the main stars.
>>
>>94270696
I remember being actually scared of Apocalypse when I was a kid. Motherfucker seemed unstoppable and everything short of wiping him out of existence (and even that doesn't stop him if you consider the last season) only seemed to be a temporary inconvenience for him. I wish that kind of feeling was present in the movie.
>>
>>94261918

Sophie Turner is pretty. But she's not beautiful. There's enough there for Hollywood make-up artists and hair stylists to work with. But that's not even the problem.
The real problem?
She can't act worth a fucking shit.

And I swear the older she gets, the worse she gets. Her performance in the first season of Game of Thrones was more emotive and believable than the shit she's doing in the newest season, where she only has one mode. "Bitch".
And her Jean Grey was just as bland and fucking awful.
Remember how, as Dark Phoenix, Jean was a fucking explosion of emotions? And remember how almost every single one of those emotions was fucking rage?
Can anyone possibly see her pulling off the level of passion necessary to capture Jean's unstable emotions as Dark Phoenix?
Because I can't.
>>
>>94260958

They keep trying to use of the best X-Men stories of all time without bringing any of the supporting framework that made it a great story.

The act surprised when the half-assed copy is half-assed.
>>
I wish Bryan Singer would just choke to death on 14 year old cocks so we can have someone with actual passion and talent make X-Men movies.
>>
Continuity is a weird problem for the X-movies, on two different levels.

For one, the continuity is all mucked up from the varying timelines. And thats in-movie, not how badly they've changed things from the comics but the movies themselves are not consistent.

Second, the movies are at times strangely loyal to comic continuity only to 5 minutes later shit all over that loyalty. It feels like the committee that writes these X-movies are made up half of comic fans, half of comic-haters, and when the first group get something included they like the second group eagerly tears into it.
>>
What bugs me is that Apocalypse had no main character to revolve around. They are either underdeveloped (Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler, Storm), or didn't do much (Mystique, Xavier). Like, there was nothing there to really connect with the cast, and WHY THE FUCK DID THEY DO THAT WOLVERINE DETOUR THAT DID NOTHING FOR THE PLOT?!
>>
>>94271998
On top of that, whenever someone tells me they want an Avengers vs. X-men film, I ask "What's the current X-Men roster"? It's all over the place that there is no direct answer, especially with the past, present and future stuff.
>>
File: fgrr.png (122KB, 889x427px) Image search: [Google]
fgrr.png
122KB, 889x427px
>>94266780
>It did around 700 million.

Nigger, no it did not. DOFP did around 700 million. Apocalypse underperformed hard for a sequel.
>>
>>94269137
Yes I did, I meant now that Huge Jackedman is retired that won't happen in Phoenix.
>>
File: gvhjhkj.jpg (7KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
gvhjhkj.jpg
7KB, 284x177px
>>94269732
>Disney needs to give the fucking rights to Fox, at least they know to do Villains.
>>
>>94262924
It still underperformed compared to it's predecessor. What aren't you getting? You really think Fox is cool making 200 million dollars less then their last film? Especially when they tried to turn it into an Avengers rip off?

Fox doesn't know what the fuck they're doing and needs to give the rights to Marvel. It's their fucking property and Fox is just holding onto it because of contractual loophole.
>>
>>94272118

>Fox doesn't know what the fuck they're doing and needs to give the rights to Marvel. It's their fucking property and Fox is just holding onto it because of contractual loophole.

DOFP, Deadpool and Logan wouldn't exist of Marvel had the rights. They let the directors experiment in ways the MCU board absolutely won't.
>>
>>94272025
No it didn't, DOFP just over performed

Go ahead and look at all the X movies figures, see for yourself
>>
So Dark Phoenix is the start of a new trilogy or is it now a quadrilogy
>>
>>94272118
How is it a "loophole"?

Are you telling me Marvel didn't read the part in the contract where they can keep the rights if they keep making movies before signing it?

Don't be mad at Fox because Marvel is run by frothing retards. If you had the X-Men rights, you'd be making every attempt to hold onto them and make them profitable too. Nobody in their right mind would just willingly hand them over to be a nice guy or some shit
>>
>>94268618
X-Men fans aren't asking for FoX-Men. They want the rights to go back to Marvel where they belong.
>>
>>94272356
X-Men fans just want Bryan Singer to fuck off from the face of the Earth
>>
>>94263544
>I'd rather see an xmen film than a MCU one
this desu
>>
>>94272356
I'm an X-Men fan and I'd rather have surgery performed on me with a spoon than the X-Men go back to Marvel to become like everything fucking else Marvel makes
>>
>>94261079
Yeah I liked The Road too
>>
>>94272356
Fuck No, Keep MCU's camp shit away from X-Men please
>>
>>94268893
This is actually a pretty reasonable opinion list.
>>
>>94272238
>Lists mediocre overrated films.

DOFP was Singer trying to fix the franchise. Deadpool is overrated Family Guy trash for normies. Logan is a mediocre film that is praised for being the only passable Wolverine film and has cursing and blood.

>hey let the directors experiment in ways the MCU board absolutely won't.

Says this while Fan4stic is made by Fox while Winter Soldier and Guardians is made by MCU.
>>
>>94272356
Fuck off Disneyshill. No one wants the MCU shitfest to engulf X-Men
>>
>>94272258
>Overperformed

Really scrapping the bottom of the barrel for an argument eh? Doesn't change the fact that Apocalypse underperformed. It was designed to make more than DOFP but it didnt.
>>
>>94272427
No it's fucking not. You should never reboot an established franchise. You'd lose everyone.
>>
>>94270188
>More fun
Logan is a dumb movie that thinks it's smart and is also no fun, but it's still leagues above basically anything Millar will ever touch
>>
>>94272308
The contract said they'd keep the rights if they make a movie every 7 years. I dont think anyone not even themselves expected them to keep making X-Men movies forever. The only reason why they're doing it is because Marvel reviatialized the capeshit genre and they know Marvel would be making billions with the X-Men. That's why they dont even want to give a failed franchise like F4 back.
>>
>>94272494
The current superhero era was literally kickstarted by Fox's X-Men 1
>>
>>94272477

>Logan
>no fun

Speak for yourself.

>serious things can't also be fun
>>
>>94272398
>Liking movies where Cyclops is a non-character
>Liking the movies where they dont even wear their costumes

You aren't an X-Men fan.

>>94272426
>X-Men
>Not campy

>>94272456
Everyone does because the MCU literally makes better films than Fox. Fox just pays you obvious shills to drum up hype for their franchise that nobody gives a shit about anymore.
>>
>>94272519
An interesting counterpoint considering I didn't take Logan seriously at all
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (410KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
410KB, 1920x1080px
>>94272494
>Marvel reviatialized the capeshit genre

No, that was Fox. We wouldn't have a MCU without this
>>
>>94272547
>>94272514

X-Men 1 opened the door for Hollywood wanting to make more capeshit. You could see them about to give up after spewing out garabge like F4, Catwoman, Spider Man 3, and Hulk.

Iron Man and TDK revitalized the genre with Marvel introducing the idea of connected cinematic universes. Marvel in particular showed that profit can be made from listening to the fans. Fox is clearly copying their philosophy as much as their executives will allow so(Deadpool and Logan are direct products of this). Nowadays you get the same company churning out 1-2 capeshit films from the same franchise in a year. From 2008 onward, the capeshit genre is completely different from before.

Nice try Fox shill.
>>
>>94262077
>No wonder women nowadays have egos bigger than Vegeta's.

And in this case a bigger forehead.
>>
>>94261918
She's got a tombstone for a forehead
>>
>>94272514
Blade came first and yeah, I know hardly any normies even knew at the time he was a comic book character. Blade 2 made sure to advertise that fact though.
>>
>>94272356
Literally no one on the planet wants that aside from Disney you braindead shill.
>>
>>94270329
Full homo here and the dude they got playing Cyke is both ugly and smaller than the actress they have playing Jean.

Exactly how hard is it to find a fucking early-to-mid 20s Chad of slightly above average height?
>>
>>94273025
>smaller than the actress they have playing Jean.
That's because that's also how it was in the original movies. They made a deliberate decision to cast a Jean who would only be slightly shorter than Logan and they didn't really care about Scott's height, who ended up being the shortest of the three.
>>
>>94262329
All of those films > a swift kick in the testicles > full-blown AIDS > Origins

God it sucked.

And Deadpool is better than X1, easily.
>>
>>94260958
Stopped giving shit after the first Apocalypse trailer.

Logan was great and would be a nice ending to the X-Movies. As would DotFP.

Also there's Deadpool but that one was good because of Ryan Reynolds wanted to redeem himself after the first Wolverine movie and Green Lantern movie.

I'll still watch Dark Phoenix. I was pretty much against Sansa as Jean but she wasn't that bad in Apocalypse. She wasn't that good either but was ok-ish. Was kinda positively surprised. The movie had other, much greater issues.
>>
How do the Xmen even fight Phoenix? Like she's cosmic tier and everyone else is a shitty streetlevel kid.
>>
>>94275234
They don't. In the comic she straight up runs train over them. They basically have to kill her when Jean is in control using some advanced weapon they found on the moon
>>
Why do people keep mentioning Deadpool? Wasn't that Marvel?

I'm totally lost in this licensing kerfuffle
>>
>>94277769
deadpool is fox, homie

hence all the x-men references
>>
>>94270531
Than you're a idiot. Hugh isn't coming back neither is Stewart.
>>
>>94273025
I dont think he was short besides that one picture and he looked fine in ready player one no homo.
>>
>>94262914
This. I agree Logan is overhypped and has some legitmately dumb moments in it but Origins is so much worse. The only good thing about it was Liev as Sabertooh
>>
File: femshep.jpg (151KB, 1200x710px) Image search: [Google]
femshep.jpg
151KB, 1200x710px
>>94260958

Oh cool a mass effect movie
>>
>>94272258
Anon, Apocalypse was supposed to be the big blockbuster hit for X-men. Look at how hard the story was dumbed down and designed to appeal to the masses with end of the world destruction shown in every trailer.

They blatantly wanted MCU level box office. Look at the size of the budget, roughly 200m on production, when they previously would spend under 150.

It didn't even hit 550m.
>>
>>94272280
I think the best way to look at it is DOFP is First Class part two, and Appoco is the start of a new chapter.
>>
>>94270329
Cyke's actor is pretty ugly, yeah. Reminds me of Miles Teller.
>>
>>94263516
Jean Grey is one of the most popular mutants and the Phoenix saga is the x-men's biggest story. That's why.
>>
>>94265520
Guardians of The Galaxy managed to balance out its core team just well, as well as giving them each well defined characters. Lets look at the X-films, everyone who isn't Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine and Mystique is a shell of a character, who's biggest contribution is SFX.
>>
File: 2011-06-03-TGAG_003_Sentence.jpg (100KB, 980x396px) Image search: [Google]
2011-06-03-TGAG_003_Sentence.jpg
100KB, 980x396px
>>94260958
>>
>>94282791
>Jean Grey is one of the most popular mutants

I thought everybody hated her.
>>
>>94283722
You listen to echo chambers that aren't representative
>>
>>94283722
X-men is full of waifu and husbando tier loyalty. It's just that Jean hasn't had good moments since before some people here were born.
>>
>>94261002
>DoFP
is terrible. X2 is pretty much it.
>>
>>94283722
/co/ isn't everybody
>>
I am just gonna watch for quicksilver and mah sausagenigga kurt
>>
>>94261650
t. Maus
>>
>>94284242
I think she's very popular among females. Kind of like Storm being popular with gay men.
>>
>>94261079
Not gonna lie, this movie was boring as fuck
>>
>>94272356
This is your brain on maus
>>
>>94272356
x-fags are the worst, you can't take them seriously.
>>
>>94284891
I'm not even basing this off /co/ though, normies seem to not give a shit about her. She's never listed in "Top 10 sexy X-Men girls" or what are essentially waifu polls.
>>
>>94262077
>I remember when chicks had to have goddess-tier looks to be considered "hot".
Literally never. More so in nerdy franchises.
>>
>>94285851
What? I've seen her listed in many "top x-men characters", "top marvel characters", "sexiest character" polls... and so on.
>>
>>94285851
Well she's the only female character of the X-Men that go back to the very beginning of the series, so people will like her just for being a veteran plus the most iconic story of the series revolves around her. She just doesn't have a real unique or interesting personality because no one cared about female heroes in the 60's so she was pretty generic.
>>
>>94263309
Mathew Vaughn is a really underrated director. Thank god he's on Kingsmen. I hope the second one is as great as the first one.
>>
>>94282791
>Phoenix saga is the x-men's biggest story.
I thought Apocalypse was.
>>
>>94286090
Phoenix is a much bigger deal than Apocalypse.
>>
>>94286090
Pheonix Saga was the first major event of the X-Men, pretty much started their popularity and going from D-listers to the best selling title in Marvel. Apocalypse was created later when X-Factor was formed.
>>
>>94261247
I liked First Class, until I read the leaked Magneto script that was leaked. It was 5x better.
>>
>>94286640
>It was 5x better
It was cliche as fucking shit.
Granted there were SOME parts but it was just...fuck it. I'm not just gonna cherry pick shit about it.
We should've gotten "Magneto: Nazi Hunter" though.
>>
>>94264433
1. DoFP
2. Deadpool
3. Logan
4. FC
5. X2
6. The Wolverine
7. X1
8. Apocalypse
9. Origins
>>
>>94260958
That looks like a fan poster.

Don't get your panties in a bunch until/unless you see something real.

>>94261129
He wouldn't do another. Health reasons. He's not wrong, that bodybuilder shit nearly killed Arnold too. There's only so much you can put the heart through.

X-23 was never really an option; Logan was a farewell piece for a franchise which is clearly winding down if not actually done. When they were making it they had no idea Deadpool would do well, knew JLaw would not be returning after Apocalypse, and knew Hugh J. Actman was out. So they were really free to go crazy and do a thinkpiece as long as it had fight scenes, and they did OK. For FOX, I mean. That shit wouldn't fly at FOX Searchlight, even, they'd have made it about life in the cloning facility and it would have ended much darker.

But yeah, once they cast a kid that was pretty much it. You can't rest a franchise on a child's shoulders; never mind the cruelty of all that pressure and fame, you just couldn't get enough working time with them.

And it's FOX, so they were never realistically going to ask JLaw back at her A-list rate.

>>94261106
I genuinely don't believe they're going to make another. Couple tv shows, and maybe - if one of those looks like it'll run and run - they'll make another movie, but right now I think they're just making the shows to hang on to the rights without the investment hit of a fresh movie. There's a lot of talk about movies, but no real movement, and the dates they've set are suspiciously close for there to be nothing going on yet.

I don't even think they're trying to rile Marvel into offering to buy back; genuinely, I think something at FOX has broken and they've just accepted they've got two kind of dead Marvel franchises and nothing to do but try not to piss off the fans they have left. Promises of movies that never materialize happen every day; but a show to fill the gap... that's at least something.
>>
>>94286989
Uh you're a bit behind on current events, Dark Phoenix began filming last month.
>>
>>94287459
New Mutants also started filming already.
>>
>>94260958
They're milking the fuck out of this franchise by re-telling 20+ year old stories that fans of the comics are tired of. On the other hand, I would be interested in Marvel Zombies.
>>
>>94286090
No, that's Age of Apocalypse, which was actually great in spite of Apocalypse being involved.

>>94288035
>Stop rehashing good stories so you can adapt recent terrible stories

Opinion fucking discarded.
>>
>>94284291
No its x1 x2 logan and first class
>>
>>94286640
>>94286673
link to script?
>>
>>94262726
It's better than the original storyline which is rather tame actually if you go back and read it.
>>
File: chinks.png (742KB, 799x717px) Image search: [Google]
chinks.png
742KB, 799x717px
>tfw HBO will never make an Xmen show
>>
File: IMG_2156.jpg (286KB, 659x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2156.jpg
286KB, 659x1000px
>>94283722
She's a character Marvel and other outlets shill to be popular, but she isn't. No one asked for her to be resurrected, that was all editorially mandated. She was by far the least popular character in TAS, and once Emma entered Scott's life, nobody even thought of her as the girlfriend/wife character.

Sure some will waifu her, but she's a farcry less popular among the X-fanbase compared to Storm, Rogue, and even Psylocke. She's like the uncle Ben or Martha and Thomas of X-men. Everyone knows her, but no one actually cares about her. Barbara is a better example of a character /co/ hates but everyone outside of it loves.
>>
>>94291190
>rather tame
is it?
everyone gets pretty visibly rekt ifrc

I still agree that the movie was pretty good, tho. pretty decent for capeshit, I really don't understand the people shitting on it
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 213x292px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 213x292px
>>94282547
>>
>>94291870
>pretty decent for capeshit
You don't need to degrade the genre, if it's a great movie than its a great movie.
>>
>>94291190
The film was grander, but the original had stronger characters to work with. Most of the future mutants in the film were a bunch of whos.
>>
>>94292351
Pretty much all the mutants were already introduced in previous X-men films, apart from quicksilver.
Talking about the past btw.
>>
>>94292351
>Most of the future mutants in the film were a bunch of whos.
>Storm, Kitty Pryde, Iceman, Bishop, Colossus, Blink, Sunspot, Warparth, Wolverine, Magneto and Xavier (plus Rogue if you watch the RC)
>literally who
>>
>>94292381
I was referring to the future bits.
>>
>>94292557
>Bishop, Blink, Sunspot, Warparth

I'm talking about their appearance in the film. They weren't in the previous installments.

>Colossus, Kitty Pryde

Lets be real, they were non characters in the films.
>>
>>94292627
>Lets be real, they were non characters in the films.
so, just like everyone but Charles, mags, Jean, Mystique and Logan?
>>
What's with Fox's obsession with helmet hair?
>>
>>94272258
>DOFP just over performed
>With X-Men and First Class teamed up across time
>The final run for several of the original X-Men actors
>OVER performed
>>
>>94291469
Nope, still wrong. She and Storm are probably the 2 most popular female mutants, Emma can't even compete. Psylocke? lol

>She was by far the least popular character in TAS
Jubilee says hi

>She's like the uncle Ben or Martha and Thomas of X-men
Uncle Ben, Martha and Thomas Wayne don't make it in popularity polls. Jean Grey does.
>>
File: X-MenBlue.jpg (308KB, 720x1106px) Image search: [Google]
X-MenBlue.jpg
308KB, 720x1106px
>>94283722

People don't hate Jean Grey.
They hate Jean Grey.

Here. Let me help you.
My picture is Jean Grey.

And this picture
>>94291469
Is Jean Grey.

Most people completely despise Jean because she's a shallow watered down piece of shit that needs to fuck off, while Jean is beloved as one of the most popular X-Men characters to grace the series.
Please learn to spot the difference. It could save your life.
>>
>>94293161
The box office average of the X movies is 468m

DOFP is absolutely an outlier
>>
>>94293421
This is like, the best possible proof that you live in a bubble.

"People" aren't fixated 4chan weirdos like you.
>>
File: Rogue.jpg (34KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
Rogue.jpg
34KB, 500x376px
>>94293191
>She and Storm are probably the 2 most popular female mutants,

Not so fast, Sugar.
>>
>>94260958
I only care if we get a new WarStar action figure
>>
>>94293452
Oh Rogue is definitely up there.
>>
>>94293520
Only because so many people fapped to her.
>>
>>94293421
People don't give a shit about comics, they probably don't even know there are two Jeans
>>
>>94293439
>"People" aren't fixated 4chan weirdos like you.

Most people fixate on one thing or another at different points in their lives, Anon. Some of the greatest achievements in human history were a result of one or a few individuals obsessing and fixating on something.
Now, I'm not saying hating on Teen Jean is going to lead to the next big leap in technological advancement. But I will say that it is quite cathartic.
>>
>>94293567
>they probably don't even know there are two Jeans

And after this next movie, they're just going to start associating Jean Grey with Sansa Stark.
>>
>>94293191
>Jubilee
>Least popular TAS character

She was literally the most popular, she was huge in the 90's thanks to the cartoon.
>>
>>94293863
There's probably like a legion of mid-late 30's dudes who Jubilee is Their Girl for the same way mid-late 40's dudes love Kitty to death.
>>
>>94293863
She was a nuisance. Everybody prefers Kitty
>>
>>94294042
No there isn't. If anything Rogue is "their girl"
>>
>>94294042
What this >>94294184 Anon said.
TAS was my first exposure to X-Men.

The entire first episode bored the shit out of me.
And then Rogue showed up and cemented my life-long affinity for Southern women.
>>
>>94293421
All Jean's are shit.
>>
>>94294184
>>94294294
It's not a zero sum game. There's both.
>>
>>94293567
There aren't two Jeans. There's a dead jean and the same Jean that traveled in time from the past.
>>
>>94294414
Not all Jeans are bad.
>>
>>94261002
X-Men is okay to good. X-Men 2 is genuinely good. X-Men 3 is bad. Origins: Wolverine is bad. First Class is good. The Wolverine is okay. DOFP is great. Logan is great. Deadpool is great. Apocalypse is bad to okay.

A good:bad ratio of 7:2 with several great films in there is respectable.
>>
>>94287536
Now THAT I want to see...even though they're gonna fuck up Wolfsbane. The emo exploding chick from Deadpool looked FAR more like Rahne looked in her NM days than this Game of Thrones chick.
>>
File: Explanation_3018_1465214024.jpg (38KB, 216x340px) Image search: [Google]
Explanation_3018_1465214024.jpg
38KB, 216x340px
>>94294645
Not all Jeans are Jean.
The Phoenix killed the original when it took half her soul / "lifeforce" and BECAME her.
From then on "Jean" was just a mutant space-god's zombie puppet.
And every time she came back from the dead there was less and less original Jean and more cosmic cuckoo bird.
The only "real" Jean Grey is Stan Lee's Original 5 version that Bendis brought back.
The sick part is that some characters knew this and treated the two versions differently.
Logan was in love with his Phoenix "Jeanie" but had no real interest in the true version.
Scott was in love with the teen version but admitted that his marriage to the Phoenix version was a complete sham.
>>
>>94260958
I regret seeing Apocalypse in theaters and I'm not watching any more young xmen movies
>>
>>94293427
That was before superhero movies got bigger
>>
>>94295898
What are you talking about? Before teen Jean there was only one Jean (the dead one).
Stan Lee's O5 Jean Grey is the same Jean Grey who died during Morrison's run, the one who married Cyclops and the one Logan desired. She only got temporary replaced by a phoenix force clone during DPS (after the retcon).
>>
>>94294533
So two. Teenage Jean is an alt reality character at this point (just like the rest of Bendis' O5)
>>
>>94260958
Please tell me that this movie will continue Fox's setting every movie a decade later in history.

First Class - 60s
Days of Future Past - 70s
Apocalypse - 80s

Will this be taking place in the 90s?
>>
>>94261079
Why didnt the mercs just shoot the fucking children? Didnt the asshole scientist guy want them dead or alive?
>>
>>94299167
Yes it's going to be set in the 90's.
"Teen Spirit" is actually this movie's working title.
>>
The Dark Phoenix stuff was terrible in the comics. Maybe the movie will go full circle and be entertaining.
>>
>>94299212
Yay!
>>
>>94264714
This. The new cast of the main X-men is bad except for Profs X and Mags. The new Cyke is terrible especially. At least New Mutants looks fresh.

Plus Demon Bear Saga > Dark Pheonix Saga

There is no setup for Dark Pheonix either, so who the fuck cares.
>>
>>94297889
you stopped before Logan? You fucked up
>>
>>94261247
First Class had two good things. McAvoy and Fasabender. Everything else was hot garbage and it's by far the worst I've ever seen Kevin Bacon act
>>
>>94269732
Yeah, I'd love to have Andrew Stryker show up another 6 times
>>
>>94300220
Kek, they do reuse that motherfucker way to much
>>
>>94299920
>The new cast of the main X-men is bad except for Profs X and Mags. The new Cyke is terrible especially.
We barely got to see them perform.
>>
>>94260958
Fox needs to give up
>>
X-Men are capekino
>>
>>94297889
Why? It was a good movie
>>
>>94300479
It's a problem with the X-Men movies that dates back to the very first movie. The plot is always garbage, 90% of the characters are wallpaper, and they inevitably try to shove too much shit into the movie. Even Logan fell prey to that bullshit with the whole "the corn is neutering the mutants" thing

Every single movie has been carried on the backs of some fantastic actors. Stewart, McAvoy, Fassbender, Jackman, and McKellen singlehandedly made the entire franchise range from good to bearable. We'll throw Kelsey Grammar on there too, because that's inspired casting.
>>
>>94300568
>Kelsey Grammar
it hurts that they barely used him
>>
>>94260958
didn't apocalypse and the dofp flop? they should just stop doing more Singerverse movies and just do a proper x-men adaptation that's not all about big, epic cgi shitfests.
>>
>>94300220
That fucker fails up so hard, the series can only end with him as President somehow.
>>94300705
It probably underperformed which means it did fine but their expectations weren't met.
>>
>>94263867
I feel that doesn't work for X-Men centric films. As a franchise they have always been large scale. Only certain characters work well as a smaller scale due to them having bigger back stories than puberty mutants
>>
>>94285062
>Not gonna lie, this movie was boring as fuck

Super Loli ripping motherfuckers throats out with her foot claws is boring?
>>
>>94301520
How many there are movies, where kids are being shown as assassins anyway?
>>
>>94301520
But she wasn't making epic jokes every other minute and cool pop culture references.
>>
File: integrity.png (431KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
integrity.png
431KB, 640x478px
>>94268893
>X-Men Origins Wolverine
>So Bad It Boomerangs to Good Tier
Finally someone else who gets it.
>>
>>94262329
X2>Logan>DoFP>Deadpool>FC>X1>Wolverine>Apocalypse >X3>Origins
>>
>>94302280
I watched it like 7 times and it never gets old.
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.