[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some western cartoons that are aimed at the 15~18 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1461915918425.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1461915918425.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
What are some western cartoons that are aimed at the 15~18 years old demographic?

We have alot of cartoons for 18+ and alot of cartoons that are aimed at children, but i can't think of alot of cartoons that are aimed at teens except for The Legend Of Kora and The Last Airbender
>>
File: Fred-and-Tamara.png (448KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Fred-and-Tamara.png
448KB, 960x540px
Batman: TAS and some other action cartoons that are too mature

Maybe stuff like 6teen and Fred's Head
>>
Daria
>>
I can't think of any genuine 18+ adult cartoons. All the ones like South Park are definitely for teens.
>>
>>94259288
Adventure time and everything that came off it kind of fills that spot
>>
Young Justice
>>
>>94259548

Interestingly enough, Fred's Head was rated C8 on Teletoon. I'm not sure what eight-year-olds would get out of it.
>>
>>94260191
They have gore and explicit sex humor, isn't this enough to make it genuine 18+
>>
>>94260654
To me it's not written at a level to capture an adult audience. I guess it's just kind of a "I know it when I see it" thing though since the difference in that kind of comedy and stoner comedy is very thin.
>>
It's a hard thing to define really and most people would rather just go with their own opinions. How important is the intended audience when the show is being created versus the audience(s) that actually end up watching it? How much does the broadcast ratings an limitations factor in? What factors include/exclude a show with a younger/older demographic overlap? Are we talking about the actual masses of real life television viewers or just everyone who spend too much time on the Internet and the very few people they interact with?
>>
>>94262241
I think i'm just talking about cartoons that children can watch but they have very mature themes that seem to be targeted at an older audience.
>>
>>94260654
Mature adults don't exactly enjoy shows with nothing but shock humor and excessive violence. Those are the earmarks of immature people wanting to pretend they're mature for liking such things
>>
>>94259288
Star Wars The Clone Wars pretty much hits 15+ once you get past season 1 or 2. The later seasons are especially brutal both in the feels and how some characters are treated or killed off.
>>
>>94259548
Fred's Head could have been great if not for that ginger midget who was obsessed with meat. He honestly felt out of place in such a different sort of show
>>
>>94260191
>tfw got bullied in 4th grade for saying that I didn't watch South Park when someone asked
>tfw asked parents if I could watch it, and they told me no
Now that I'm an adult I can watch any cartoon I want.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.