[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there any real argument against frank's idealology I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1499069369952.jpg (554KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1499069369952.jpg
554KB, 720x1280px
is there any real argument against frank's idealology I mean he has a valid point people like kingpin and other highly powerful supervillains just either buy their way out of prison or break and go back to their evil lifestyle
>>
>>94258132
Vigilante justice is not lawful. Most superheroes are lawful. This creates dramatic tension. Dramatic tension makes for a compelling story.
>>
>>94258132
has he ever actually killed anyone important

a valid point is that his methods don't work either
>>
>>94258132
The Slavers is probably the best argument in favor of The Punisher's logic. Ennis himself said that he ALMOST sympathizes with him when he sees shit like that.
>>
>>94258132

>is there any real argument against frank's idealology

No one should have the unquestioned right to decide who lives and dies.
>>
>>94258330
he takes out entire criminal organizations while other superheroes are busy fighting their arch enemies or other various supervilians frank is the everyday joe's hero
>>
>>94258464
>he takes out a bunch of irrelevant shmucks
Normal superheroes do that too.
>>
>>94258401
yeah but why not
>>
Most vigilantes are more of trouble makers.
Ennis' run had those three buffoons who try to be vigilantes. That would be how a real life Punisher would be.
>>
>>94258481
they usually stun them and hand them over t the authorities
frank makes sure they don't hurt anyone anymore
>>
>>94258132
>is there any real argument against frank's idealology

Everyone deserves punishment, and if we do things Frank-style, there's no human race left.
>>
>>94258464

Frank Castle is a vigilante killer and a sociopath. He is the representation of every murderous impulse, every desire for revenge, every thought we have of killing someone we think "deserves" to die. Nothing he does makes him a hero; at best, he is an animal killing other animals.

If you think Frank Castle is a hero, you are seriously troubled.
>>
>>94258491

A person with the unquestioned right to kill may one day decide you are worth killing, no matter what you or anyone else might say in your defense.

Would you like to die at the hands of someone who thinks you deserve a bullet to the head just for being suspected of a crime?
>>
>>94258401
Oh, you mean like the rich? Who decide that for not just one person but thousands? Who themselves are selfish and downright cruel? No thanks, I'll stick with Frank.
>>
I have no problem with him killing the hardcore criminals but just killing anyone for anything is too much.
>>
>>94258604

Nobody - not the police, not the NRA, not the military, not the rich, and certainly not some whackjob with an assault rifle and a grudge - should have the unquestioned right to decide who lives and dies.
>>
>>94258491
It's a position of power that exists only to be an example of what people shouldn't be since it is too high of an authority for anyone to wield without extreme scrutiny and questioning and how everybody thinks they know best. The Ghost Rider may deal out vengeance but he still answers to the Marvel Christian god. It's also why no demons in Hell ever try to claim Satan's throne. It's a position not meant to be used or attained.
>>
>>94258575
>would you like to die
yes
>>
>>94258647

The NRA lobbies for civilian gun laws in the US. Outside of helping defend people (most often people who kill home invaders) who kill in self defense, they don't really get involved in other shit.
>>
>>94258723

>The NRA lobbies for civilian gun laws in the US.

The NRA spreads fear and distrust in an attempt to boost sales of firearms that benefit gun manufacturers; that their efforts result in people imitating Frank Castle - regardless of whether they are "justified" in their actions - is a side effect.
>>
>>94258771

I really don't want to have this conversation on a Comic book forum but i've been a member for a number of years.

The NRA is by no means a squeaky clean organization, there have been times when I've seriously questioned their actions. They should be questioned, I know I am probably in the minority, but groups like PETA use the same scare tactics. They all do, they have agenda and will play spin doctor.

I guess my only real point was I see no point in bringing up the NRA in regards to fictional vigilantism. Meanwhile US crime rates are at an all time low and there are very few real cases of vigilantism currently.
>>
File: makes your thunder chunder.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
makes your thunder chunder.png
4KB, 225x225px
>>94258464
imagine how many people would still be alive if frank had taken on the joker instead of batman. funeral homes and graveyards would team up to stop frank from succeeding
>>
>>94261473
He did and got bat blocked.
>>
>>94265434
undefendable
>>
>>94258491
Frank does his research, and since he's fictional the write can make it so that every kill he makes is completely 100% justified.
irl vigilantes are not as competent and can fuck up, killing an otherwise innocent man who was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.