[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally just watched this. Flaws aside, that was pretty great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

File: wonder woman poster.jpg (92KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman poster.jpg
92KB, 630x1200px
I finally just watched this. Flaws aside, that was pretty great actually. What did /co/ think? Is the future of the DCEU looking bright?
>>
>>94257214
S'alright. Average cape flick, which is better than the rest of the DCEU
>Is the future of the DCEU looking bright?
>Snyder/Whedon Frankenstein JL on the horizon
No.
>>
>>94257214
The godfather is a great movie

Terminator 2 is a good action movie. Are you saying that wonder woman is as good as the godfather when it can't even top terminator 2???
>>
>>94257550
>>94257564
>"Look at how contrarian I am!"
>>
>>94257214
It was alright, but then the end almost ruined it for me
>>
File: wonderiffic.png (265KB, 1024x963px) Image search: [Google]
wonderiffic.png
265KB, 1024x963px
>>94257214
The final battle with Ares was weird and badly done whoever was incharge of coordinating that should be fired

other than that I thought the movie was wonderful lol

Im still crossing my fingers for some wonderpants
>>
>>94257798
The fight shouldnt of even happened.
>>
>>94257214
Gadot's acting was terrible. I couldn't get through the fist half without cringing like a motherfucker. I stopped watching it. Other people liked it, so I don't know.
>>
This movie was basically if Captain America turned into a Shounen Anime partway through the movie.

Which was a lot of fun to watch. Can't wait to see how disappointing JL is.
>>
>>94257214
It was a good movie overall but it needed to be polished before being released like fixing the ending and improving the cgi scenes

DCEU needs someone like Feige to avoid this kind of problem
>>
>>94257214

It was alright. It's not any better than your middle-tier Marvel movies. It's a pretty paint-by-numbers story with some decent action, reasonable chemistry between the leads, and a good costume for WW.

But there's a ton of glaring flaws, like the editing and cgi. Plus it feels way too much like Cap 1.

I don't think there's any reason to feel more optimistic about the DCEU due to this, but I hope they learn some lessons from it, and overall quality improves without massive reshoots.
>>
>>94257564
You do have a point. It was pretty good. Ending could've of been way better.
>>
>>94257874
>and improving the cgi scenes
Yeah some of the CGI scenes were really poorly done. It's weird, because the movie is mostly pretty good, but then you get these really corny CGI shots that make the movie look like one of those embarrassingly bad CGI fests like Ultraviolet or something.

Also, Sameer was fucking based. Just wanted to say that.
>>
>>94257214
Sameer was great, the entire Cast was great,Chris Pine was better than ever, Wonder Woman got one of the best supporting casts I ever saw in a capeshit movie, but Gadot was clearly the weakest actor in the film by far.
>>
>>94257550
False. MoS and BvS were superior.
>>
A good, fun movie, but I get the feeling a small bit of its praise is inflated because we're comparing it to the other DCEU movies. It gets bonus points for treating WW1 with complexity and establishing that you simply couldnt just kill the enemy to resolve it, but Ares casting and the third act kind of shit the bed. That said, I was surprised at how well Gal did in her role. It goes to show you what good direction can do for actors
>>
>>94258145
I thought the guy playing Chief was pretty bad. Gal Gadot was surprisingly good. She didn't blow me away most of the time but she was surprisingly competent. I'd still rather we'd gotten someone else but she wasn't outright bad by any means.
>>
>>94258288
>It gets bonus points for treating WW1 with complexity
Does it? The bad guys or why the war is even being fought isn't really elaborated on, they just keep saying people like to war because we're intrinsically fucked up or something. It doesn't help that the main villains are psychopaths.
>>
>>94258396
>Isnt really elaborated on
Exactly. WW1 was a political clusterfuck that many questioned why they were fighting to being with. Furthermore it helped that the film showed the Germans were willing to sign the treaty, because they wanted it to end as much as the opposing side. The general and Dr Poison were rogue elements within their ranks that only kept prolonging the battle. Hell, even Steve admits that even he was partly to blame for the chaos
>>
>>94258396
>keep saying people like to war because we're intrinsically fucked up or something.
From what little I remember learning about WW1 that sounds at least in part accurate to that event.
>>
>But the mask won't work
>They don't know that
>Muwahahahaha
>>
>>94257811
*should've'nt
>>
>>94258712
That was a little too cartoonishly evil.
>>
>>94258615
But they didn't touch on any of the political motivations, and Steve just seemed to take blame just to be humble; we're not really given a reason why he should feel guilty. And Ares' tie to the whole affair just seemed confusing. The overall message seemed to be Ares didn't really instigate it and mankind was responsible for itself, yet he also was whispering crazy into people's ears to instigate war? But was also helping them stop the poison gas bomb that would've prolonged the war? And ironically despite the message that killing one man couldn't stop war everybody did indeed stop fighting and hug after Diana killed Ares.

It just seemed like it was trying to have a deeper message than it was capable of executing.
>>
>>94258903
A lot of WW1 generals would be labeled as "cartoonish" if given accurate portrayals on film (Enver Pasha vs Wonder Woman movie when?).
>>
>>94258967
>we're not really given a reason why he should feel guilty.
How about the fact that WW1 was a horrible waste of lives, and the fact that what he was saying was right.

>>94258967
>And ironically despite the message that killing one man couldn't stop war everybody did indeed stop fighting and hug after Diana killed Ares.
Are we sure that it was right after that moment the war stopped? And that it was because of Ares dying and not because the German's master mustard bomb plan went up in flames?

Not to mention the fact that considering we see her way in the future, that would imply that WW2, and many other wars happened without Ares being there to instigate shit, proving him right.
>>
>>94259138
>How about the fact that WW1 was a horrible waste of lives, and the fact that what he was saying was right.
But why was Steve at fault for it?
>>
>>94259138
>Not to mention the fact that considering we see her way in the future, that would imply that WW2, and many other wars happened without Ares being there to instigate shit, proving him right.
Thing is, WW2 was a direct result of the sloppy end of WW1, then the cold war emerged from the results of WW2, then the middle east dictators propped up by competing world powers, etc., so if Ares was responsible for the Great War he set into motion everything that has gone wrong for the past century. It's all just been one continuous shitstorm with brief intermissions.
>>
>>94259247
Because he was fighting in a war, killing people, thus contributing to the problem by default.
>>
>>94259247
He was taking part in the war. Also, he is feeling guilty because he knows that deep down humanity likes to war it up on occasion. That was more feeling guilty for humanity, and again, his own participation in the war.
>>
>>94258985
I don't know much about WW1 honestly, so I wouldn't know. More of an American Civil War and WW2 guy myself.
>>
>>94257798
>>94257798
>Im still crossing my fingers for some wonderpants

opinion discarded and kill yourself
>>
>>94259339
Every war since WW1 was caused by WW1? All the wars in Eastern Europe, Africa, etc? I agree that WW2 was from WW1, but every war since? Having a hard time believing that.
>>
>>94259356
>>94259381
...With the aim of ending the conflict?
>>
>>94259518
Are you trolling or legitimately retarded?
>>
>>94259518
Couldn't it then be argued that the otherside was also aiming to end the conflict via fighting in the war?
>>
>>94257214
Bad movie. Only part I enjoyed was watching her best up Germans during that twenty minute fight scene.
>>
>>94259499
Well the extremists in the middle east were funded by western powers trying to stave off communism, then once the threat had died they realized they empowered extremists that hate them.

Many wars in Africa came about due to the same issue of installing/funding lunatics because they were the enemy of your enemy.

It's not entirely WW1's fault, but you can see the chain of events that made all these situations much worse than they would've been otherwise.
>>
>>94259339
>so if Ares was responsible for the Great War he set into motion everything that has gone wrong for the past century.
Even world war the was already tribes in africa and americas killing each other, many conflicts like Sunni vs Shia are a thousand years before WW1

Also the reason why Ares decided to kill all humans was because he saw humans killing each other and destroying the planet again and again until he realized mankind would never stop being destructive.
>>
>>94257214
If you liked this in any way, shape, form, or capacity, then you are part of the problem. This film, on no way whatsoever reflects Marston's original vision for the character. If you even remotely like this film you are not a true Wonder Woman fan. This movie has killed the character, completely and utterly. There is nothing left to like, nothing left to love. Don't call me autistic, don't call me stupid, you only prove your own ignorance by trying to prove me wrong. Fuck you pop culture for ruining everything I care about.
>>
>>94259613
>but you can see the chain of events that made all these situations much worse than they would've been otherwise.
Ehh... No. No I think WW2 is about as much as I can reasonably give WW1 credit for. Installing and funding interests was happening since before WW1 and I'm apt to believe would have happened, and led to the events of today even if WW2 was avoided.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13572684
http://www.strawpoll.me/13572684
>>
>>94259688
Dude, I went into this movie wanting to hate it but I was pleasantly surprised. I thought they captured the all-loving woman who fought for peace and love quite well, actually. It did kinda lose the sexual undertones, which is a shame, but despite some issues, I was pretty pleased as a Wondy fan.
>>
>>94259688
I was wondering when the board's infamous Wondyfag would pop up here. Cry me a river bitch, Wonder Woman isnt the first nor last character to get a off canon movie. Where you fail is giving a fuck about it instead of sticking to the books like any semi sane fan would do
>>
>>94257214
Whedon is saving JL as we speak with reshoots and final edit power

Wan is the best director they have and he's in control of his own thing which he wanted to do since before MoS

Thanks for nothing Snyder, may the door hit you on your way out
>>
>>94259661
>Also the reason why Ares decided to kill all humans was because he saw humans killing each other and destroying the planet again and again until he realized mankind would never stop being destructive.
This is another point that I have issue with. This explanation is delivered through Ares who, being the villain, is an unreliable narrator by default. He makes his speech under the pressure of the Lasso, but the visual cues during that scene suggest he's making the lasso work in ways it's not supposed to; giving Diana visions, that weird lightning feedback, etc. He breaks free of it like it was nothing anyway, so it all suggests the Lasso doesn't actually affect him//make him speak the truth.

So what you end up with is questioning whether his version of events was true at all. Given how he seems to be trying to prolong/enhance the chaos of the war, it strongly suggests that he would love this violent humanity or may have indeed made the that way to begin with.

It's a really weird way to go about delivering the "truth" of the narrative.
>>
>>94259773
The cold war was a result of the US and Russia being the only two powers left, which would not have been the case if not for two wars that literally devastated europe. Several smaller conflicts were then fueled by the tension between these two world powers. The cold war, at least could be attributed to WW1/WW2.
>>
>>94259942
>but the visual cues during that scene suggest he's making the lasso work in ways it's not supposed to
I don't saw anything that lead to that conclusion at all, you got a pretty unique point of view of that scene but ok.
>>
>>94259899
My nigga. I actually have some faith in JL thanks to Whedon, though I doubt it'll actually be outright good. It's already been poisoned by Snyder.

Aquaman, however, I am genuinely looking forward to. WW gave me a lot of hope that DCEU movies don't have to be bad when someone who knows how to direct is in charge. Fuck me, I can't wait for Aquaman.
>>
ww2 film staring Wonder Woman when?
>>
>>94260115
So you thought the lightning and the visions were totally normal things the lasso always does?
>>
>>94260308
I think it'd be cool if they went in that direction. I would like to see modern day Wondy adventures but making the sequel WW2 would be unique, since you'd basically be following Wondy throughout the ages or something.
>>
>>94260308
What would she be doing?
>>
>>94260308
I'd prefer it be a war not as focused on again (though I can't really think of which one I'd like it to be).
>>
>>94259581
What I mean was he was a spy working to secure political advantages as opposed to just shooting people in the face
>>
>>94260532

She would be doing the most American thing ever. Fighting Hitler.
>>
>>94257214

"Flaws aside" is weird to say if you think about it. Isn't everyt thing good if you remove it's flaws?
>>
>>94260827
I suppose there are things so incredibly flawed that there would be nothing left if you removed them.
>>
>>94257214
It was okay, first and third acts had major problems, CGI was atrocious, and outside of one use of slow-mo, every other use was cliche and terrible. I liked Gal Gadot and Chris Pine together, it was probably a big mistake to kill Pine's character off, Wonder Woman 2 probably wont be as good considering their chemistry was hands-down the best part of the movie
>>
>>94261075
People comment on the chemistry between them but to me it felt like Diana was a child and Steve was her legal guardian. It was very awkward to me when they finally fugged
>>
File: Luther.jpg (141KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Luther.jpg
141KB, 1920x1090px
>>94258712

>The DCEU made goofy acting villains finally work and nobody noticed
>>
>>94261203
Not me, that just made it hotter
>>
File: IMG_4895.jpg (505KB, 1188x1794px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4895.jpg
505KB, 1188x1794px
>>
File: IMG_4896.jpg (1MB, 2045x3875px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4896.jpg
1MB, 2045x3875px
>>94268424
>>
Chris Pine carried that whole movie on his back just for his character to be killed off in the end. He was literally the only saving grace it had.
>>
>>94260532
What about Vietnam? From an American perspective it was almost as big of a nihilistic clusterfuck as World War I. Plus you could dig a little into Vietnamese and pan-Asian supernatural stuff, like nagas and such.
>>
>>94257836
At least wonder woman got to have sex

Disney is such gay trash
>>
>>94260308
Yet another Germans are evil

And another gassing incident

No thanks
>>
>>94260664

But Hitler had the Spear of Destiny, superheroes can't fight him.
>>
>>94257214
The only part I didn't care for was when she and Steve were talking about sex and she mentions having read her people's entire set of volumes on the subject, where they ultimately determined that men were unnecessary for please. It just felt like a trashy line in what was an otherwise classy film.
>>
>>94261203
>>94267505
>Wah! *pomf* What are we gonna do on the bed Steve-kun?~
>>
>>94257214
my biggest problem is even for wonder woman crossing no mans land alone was fucking bullshit.
>>
I have mixed feelings about this movie. It was indeed the best of the DCEU ones so far in my opinion, but it still had some major flaws that prevented me from fully enjoying it.

I thought the ideas of this movie were absolutely great, but the execution was eeh. I think if they ended the movie with Diana realizing that mankind is inherently flawed and Ares didn't even exist, the movie's message would be much more powerful. Especially having her feel guilty about killing the general because of her obsession with Ares (seriously, why did they gloss over that part?). Instead the final battle with Ares kinda diluted the message of mankind being solely responsible for the wars in the world and just turned it into a stupid CGI fuckfest, complete with Diana preaching about love while slaughtering all the German soldiers in her path. It frustrates me that they couldn't fully commit to this "mankind is shit, but my morals are so strong that I'll still try my best to save them anyway" idea. I guess if they ended the movie without Ares making an appearance and the war being fully the responsibility of mankind, it would be too much of a downer? Besides this, I didn't really like how Diana seemed borderline retarded in parts and Steve Trevor had to act like her legal guardian all the time. I get that it was supposed to be endearing, but I didn't particularly like the portrayal. And again, she seemed really hypocritical preaching about love and peace all the time while being extremely violent with every soldier she encountered (while also believing Ares was controlling them).
>>
>>94258967
Humans started the war.
Ares made sure it kept going and provided weapon designs
>>
>>94270419
I thought the violence was going to be much worse than it was, honestly. I see what you're getting at and Wondy probably should've been less willing to kill, but her kill count in the movie wasn't even that big and mostly all she really did was knock people out.

I thought it was going to be bullshit how they'd explain how WW lost faith in humanity and stopped doing superheroics for 100 years, but the way they explained it in the movie satisfied me. Like how Ludendorff gassed the village after WW went to so much trouble freeing it and helping all those civilians. Something like that I could imagine disillusioning someone hard.

I thought the movie could've used a scene where Wondy sympathized with some of the German soldiers but she wasn't a murderous killing machine like I thought she was going to be either.
>>
>>94270457
If the initial intro is to be believed, he's been stoking the fire since mankind first bumbled into existence. How much blame can you really place on mankind when there's a war god escalating every spat into a genocide?
>>
>>94257214
>Flaws aside
Everything is great when you substract the flaws.
I don't. It was ok. Better than the others DCEU movies.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.