[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people keep calling Rick and Morty a "smart"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3480.jpg (104KB, 952x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3480.jpg
104KB, 952x536px
Why do people keep calling Rick and Morty a "smart" show?

Is it because certain people feel they can self insert as Rick because he's the smartest person on the show?
>>
The plots are often creative and clever. You could build an entire scifi series atound the premise of the inter dimensional cable episode, the parasite episode, etc. They condense some very complex ideas and convey them very succinctly.
>>
>>94252052
I half agree with this. I think a lot of show's intelligence isn't the lore or the nihilistic themes, but they way they twist familiar scifi concepts with interesting ideas and also create new ones. People forget the Rick and Morty makes parody/homage episodes to sci-fi that's come before it, but the humour is what makes it feel fresh
People who say Rick and Morty's "philosphy" is deep or intelligent should be shot on sight
>>
>>94251430
Normies call shows smart if the character is smart and they're joking about "smart" things in a decently written manor. I think normies calling the show intelligent are the cause of some of the REDDIT AND MEME XD shitposters. The same tier of people who see it as smart can also hate the series because it threatens their intellect even though the character is fictional.
>>
Because Dan Harmon is a good writer who excels at putting clever twists on tropes and cliches
>>
>>94251430

Clever writing and fun animation
>>
>>94252052
never actually considered that. i guess that does make it smart in a way, just not the way everyone seems to think
>>
>>94252181
>I think normies calling the show intelligent are the cause of some of the REDDIT AND MEME XD shitposters.
They're not to blame. Shitposters are the cause of shitposters. They like to rage-mock things because they like to rage-mock things, not because they're right.
>>
File: goodnight altright.gif (996KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
goodnight altright.gif
996KB, 500x255px
>>94251430
Because it's really deep and nihilistic just like me and if you disagree you are a butthurt contrarian
>>
>>94251430
The show is fun, but faggots on this site need to cling to labels and "smart" clung to this one due to normies and now this site shits on it because they really are sheep.
>>
File: MjCfO84.jpg (40KB, 510x525px) Image search: [Google]
MjCfO84.jpg
40KB, 510x525px
>>94252727
>>
>>94251430
people say it's smart because it's nihilistic and upholds science
but it's smart because it's well written, original and never fail to surprise
>>
>>94252645
This
>>
>>94252172
The problem is that Harmon always buys his own hype. He dod iy with Community when he turned it dark and "deep"

All this "Only a show this smart" and "darkest year of our adventures" makes me very worried
>>
>>94251430
Why do I keep seeing people ask "why do people think this is a smart/deep show"? I never see anyone ask that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.