[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gotham Academy Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 194

We’re going into the final stretch of the Gotham Academy storytime. Today we’re going to kick off with the Gotham Academy Annual, and then delve into the first 6 issues of Second Semester. This is all leading up to the series’ final issue, which comes out on August 9. So sit back and enjoy Olive, Maps, and the rest of the Detective Club.
If you’d like to read at your own pace, I’ve also uploaded the whole series to Mega: https://mega.nz/#F!8551hAiJ!0D8WYdv9LoosrQlAK2amng
Or, if you prefer Mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/mvw6aocm4pba2/Gotham_Academy

Previous threads:
1-6 (and Endgame): >>93884933
7-12: >>93915691
13-18: >>94065641
Lumberjanes crossover: >>94096374
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94243625
The more I look at Pomeline the less clear her race becomes.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94243722
>>94243728
>>94243736

This ceiling keeps changing height, that really should've been noticed by an editor. Guess it might have been too late though.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94243977
>>94243981

What I dont get about this scene is, following the reveal Amy is a split personality of Olive, after Eric snaps and goes Supervillian wouldn't he go after Olive as well instead of just Pomeline? She stole his research just like Pomeline did, and top of that legit tried to kill him. I guess she also saves him, but the fact it isnt really adressed during the whole Sigilist thing irks me.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94244050
The whole reveal seems really awkwardly handled. They really could have built it up and integrated it better.
>>
>>94243632
Is that fucking Blight?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94244080
Yes. A lot of DCAU elements pop up, like Killer Croc having the BtaS design and Clayface creating a Daughter. And unless an apocalypse happens Terry becomes Batman at some point in DC futures, so his villians are likley the same.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94244077
Though reading it again, I'm really suprised at myself I missed the super obvious shit like her just vanishing here >>94244200
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94244481
>whatever, lawful good
was this a clever /tg/ related joke, or am I missing something
>>
>>
>>94244533
This whole series has a ton of D&D jokes. That's half of Maps' whole schtick.
>>
>>
>>94244533
The stereotype for LG is goody two shoes, so yeah. Though you'd think it would be Maps making the references.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94244493
>Guys! Guys... SNAKE LADY

Maps is really /tg/ in more ways than one.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I want to tie up and violate Maps and Oliver.
>>
>>
>>94244597
Without Maps, this series wouldn't be nearly as good. I really appreciate that even as Olive is the protagonist, Maps is clearly the heart of the series. And the latest issue makes that pretty clear.
>>
>>
>>
>>94244623
Good luck, one burns shit down with Superpowers when threatened and the other has very likley put time into training to escape that exact scenario.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94244637
While I really do agree, Maps works best alongside a more serious and straight laced character like Olive (and Damian).
>>
>>
>>94244684
Oh, certainly. Really, it's a strong cast all around -- Maps just makes it click.
Her moment with Damian in the latest issue is my favorite bit in the series.
>>
>>
>>
>>94244667
I really hope Eric shows up in Arkham Asylum 2. The whole Sigil gimmick is purpose built for Morrison to go crazy with.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94244766
>"I cant see a fucking thing"
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
And that'll do it for today folks. Same time tomorrow we'll get all caught up with issues 7-11.

If you're enjoying, I hope you'll buy the official release. It's a pretty fun series, and a nice change of pace from usual cape fare. I hope that it'll continue on in some fashion at some point.
>>
>>94245004
Thanks OP. And given how much the GA characters cameo'd in other Bat Books I can only assume the writets like them, so theres hope they'll continue to appear.
>>
>>94245110
I know its sales aren't great, but the creators did talk about it being their choice to end it and they hope to revisit it in the future. It can be hard to figure out what's PR and what's not, but I'm hoping they really are ending on their own terms and they and DC are interested in continuing it in some fashion, especially with the YA line coming up. This is about as perfect as it gets for that.
>>
>>94245152
Didio has a tendency to stick his neck out for books without great sales because they provide something different and give the writers time for proper endings, like New 52 All Star Western.
>>
>>94245004
Thanks OP, good stuff.
>>
>>94245004
Thanks OP. This is much better than last week.
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 194

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.