[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think I Hate Fairlyand could work as a movie? Like take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: ihatefairyland_vol1-1.png (204KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
ihatefairyland_vol1-1.png
204KB, 585x900px
Do you think I Hate Fairlyand could work as a movie? Like take the first volume and make into a film?

What changes would have to be made if they were necessary to make it a theatrical animated adult film?
>>
It ends when she becomes queen, like it was supposed to.
>>
>>94241432
It would have to slow down to be a movie, and that just wouldn't work.
>>
>>94241432
Theatrical? That would not work, not at the moment. But as an adult animated show on Adult Swim (with the corresponding budget), it would succeed for at least a couple of seasons. Then they would have to cancel, or start writing a more continuous plot, or else the audiences would get tired of the repetitive formula of Gertrude failing at her goal, unless they got *really* creative and funny.
>>
>>94243549
not at the moment?
>>
>>94244518
Yeah. Most theatrical animation these days is "for the whole family". I Hate Fairyland is anything but, and it would be a greater risk for the investors. An animated feature would, by association if nothing else, be expected to have high production values like a Disney film or the equivalent. Not to mention that IHF would lend itself better to 2D animation, than 3D. Unless the producers hired a French studio, but even then.

With Adult Swim, and their relatively cheaply animated shows, it would be less of a risk and already appeal to their core audience. They would need a Metalocalypse Season 4 budget at least.
>>
Why must you want to turn everything into a fucking movie?
Fucking casuals.
>>
>The "All Image comics are just unproduced screenplays" meme
>>
>>94241432
Could we get a storytime?
>>
>>94241432
only the first arc of this book is good

like young thought it wouldn't do as well as it did and originally had it as a miniseries
>>
File: i_hate_fairyland_014_026.jpg (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
i_hate_fairyland_014_026.jpg
2MB, 2048x1152px
It would work really well if it started out live action and when she got taken to Fairyland it switched to animated in Skottie's style.
>>
>>94245529
hmmmmaybe

I think another way would be to have the first bit in real word to be animated in simply another style.

or just have one single style.
>>
>>94245466
OP here, what you mean?
>>
>>94246609
He means: can we get someone to post some of the issues in the series?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.