[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they add her to the show? She's kind of annoying,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: serveimage.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
Why did they add her to the show?
She's kind of annoying, to be honest.
>>
>>94238651
because she is black
>>
>>94238651
Terry needed supporting characters
>>
>>94238651
because tits
>>
Because her cuntish girlfriend couldn't do the hacking?

Where is my picture of Ten, I know it's here...
>>
The DCAU was just a long con for Timm and pals to animate their fetishes.
>>
>>94238720
>hacking

And why couldn't Bruce do that?
>>
>>94238726
But Terry didn't even fuck her.
(He should have.)
>>
>>94238732
That old nigga don't know how a computer work the fuck you mean
>>
>>94238732
Even if he's the world's smartest 80 year old man how would you expect him to keep up with them razamatazzin' computers?
>>
>>94238732
Because he's a bitter old fuck just barely clinging to life?
>>
>>94238754
>>94238758
>>94238757
Fuck you. He's fucking Batman
>>
>>94238772
No; he's a tired old man who regrets not staying with Barbara, probably has trouble managing a whole mansion without his father/butler, and has a creepy attachment to his mastiff?
>>
>>94238711
This. Seriously, she plays the titty game like a master
>>
>>94238651
To bridge the gap Bruce can't in regards to Terry's social life
>>
Because every superhero worth a damn has a confidant or two
>>
When I was too young to really be interested in girls I thought she would be a way more chill and accepting girl for Terry than that bitch Dana
>>
>>94239189

Literally every girl in Beyond is better for Terry than fuckin Dana. Ten is obviously the best tho
>>
>>94239189
Is Dana asian or just a white girl with black hair?
>>
Poor Ten. There's a dogpile on her as soon as she's mentioned.
>>
>>94239267
Wikipedia says her full name is Dana Tan, so she's probably Chinese-American.
>>
>>94239189
What exactly made you see her as a bitch? I don't remember her being too horrible of a person. Wasn't she pretty forgiving of all of Terry's abrupt "sorry I've gotta go now because of vague reasons" Batman bullshit?
The problem with Dana is that she didn't get a lot of character focus, so she ended up looking rather bland and boring compared to characters like Max or Ten.
>>
>>94239189
It's not her fault. Dana represents Terry's difficulty in maintaining a normal life while still being Batman. In almost every scene you can see her bitching, because that's her character's role. She grows to accept it later on, excusing it as Terry needing a positive father figure.
>>
>>94238711
>>94238662
These. DESU I shipped her and Terry more than Terry and his shitty GF.
>>
>>94238651

>Why did they add her to the show?

For the same reason the show came to pass in the first place: Dumbass executives.
>>
>>94238651

WB executives apparently weren't happy that such a big part of the show was made up of just Terry and Bruce interacting and began pushing for more characters including a new Robin. Presumably for toyetic purposes.

The crew didn't even like using Robin on BTAS and didn't want one on this show either. So they made Maxine as a confidant and assistant instead.
>>
>>94239605
>didn't like robin

Proof they didn't understand Batman
>>
>>94238772
He's old and retired. Take a break for a decade and technology will cease making sense.
>>
>>94239189
I got the impression Max didn't really like Terry in the first place. She was just there for the cool batman stuff
>>
>>94239873
Why?
>>
>>94240301
Because she's way into all the cool Batman shit, and she was kind of a bitch to Terry until she found outr he was Batman.
But to be fair she seemed to warm up
>>
reminder that bruce didn't let her wear the batsuit even when the opportunity presented itself.
>>
>>94240773
He didn't want it to smell like menthols and cocoa butter
>>
>>94239310
>Tan
>Chineese
>>
>>94238651
>Terry is a borefest
>an interesting wild quirky girl appears
>they outright tell her she can't be batgirl
the series was a mistake
>>
>>94240773
Terry may have been a street punk, but at least he could handle himself in a fight.

Max would have probably died in the suit.
>>
>>94240890
>waistline abruptly ends
>suddenly, hips
Did Bruce Timm forget how to draw curves? Why do the later DCAU series using his art style all look like this?
>>
>>94238651
To show how Terry is different to Bruce that he can trust people to keep his secret and keep them safe without them ever needing to be a Robin or a Batgirl. Max proves her worth by keeping it a secret as well.

This is shown off better in the JLU episode when it is revealed Terry pretty much already told his girlfriend, that asian girl, that he was the Batman, and later asks her to marry him, while Bruce is an old decrepit lonely man that probably shits his own bed whenever he gets a heart attack,
>>
File: Dana_Tan.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Dana_Tan.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>94239189
>>94239211

>than that bitch Dana

Yeah that was really bitchy the way that Dana knew Terry had a family he had to help so she patiently waited for him and put up with him and only asked that he try to make time for her.
What a cunt.

Dana was a fucking saint and you're a retard.
>>
>>94241139

He had a juvie record before the show started because he was getting into fights. It didn't seem like he knew any martial arts until he started training with Bruce though.
>>
>>94238651
Batman needs a Robin.
>>
>>94238651
I was kinda hoping at the time that she would have been a new Robin.
>>
>>94242161
This
>>
I wish Mel/Ten had appeared more.
>>
big
black
tits
>>
>>94239446
The vague reasons that Terry used in place of his Batmanning was that he had to take care of his family. As far as Dana knew, he was working hard to help his mom support them.
>>
>>94242161
Mah brotha from anotha motha
>>
>>94239459
>shipper
Neck yourself now.
>>
File: Final_Cut.jpg (43KB, 797x597px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Cut.jpg
43KB, 797x597px
Remember that one time Max tried to get involved but discovered how unprepared she was?
>>
>>94238651
If I was Terry I would have boned that.
>>
>>94239605
They didn't want Robin, they wanted a new Batgirl because it annoyed them that (for the most part) girls didn't watch these shows and they kept thinking that including one would make it happen even though it never worked before.
>>
>>94242161
She is no real saint.
>>
>>94242008
Laziness.
>>
>>94242008
Didn't Cooke do the designs for this show, or was that just the opening?
>>
>>94238651
>>94238651
She serves as Terry's Alfred and Robin at the same time really.
>>
>>94242241
He didn't but he was shown to be an athletic guy

We see him trying out for the wrestling team and him brawling against guys on the train.
>>
>>94244643
Or that time she tried to get involved with a spellbinder scheme and nearly got addicted to his VR machine
>>
>>94238772
He was batman.
>>
>>94247644
It's not so much laziness as it is "curved lines are harder to draw than straight lines and you'll get animation back with far fewer errors if you eliminate as many curved lines from your designs as possible." It's practical.
>>94247764
Just the opening.
>>
>>94238732
Most episodes featuring her and her hacking were the ones where Bruce was holding Terry back. Terry would decide to go agaibst Bruce but he isn't too smart. Hence, he had to find a close friend that was brilliant or more brilliant than Bruce. It's not that he wasn't too old.
>>
>>94244643
Or that time she hated on her brotha because his dad was rich?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.