[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Shows obvious signs she's attracted to Eugene throughout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 34

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
>Shows obvious signs she's attracted to Eugene throughout the film
>"LMAO NO I'M A STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN"
>Never mentioned again or resolved

What did they mean by this?
>>
Better question OP, why would you go see such a piece of shit and make a thread about it's plot issues?
>>
>>94232419
>analyzing the writing in a movie that has been --from its inception-- an absolutely shameless cash grab in a failed attempt for forty five year old writers to appeal to millennials
Anon I'm disappointed but not disappointed
>>
File: a tailor.jpg (105KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
a tailor.jpg
105KB, 500x384px
>>94232419
why did you go see the emoji movie, with your actual money being spent to do so
>>
>>94232461
>>94232492

Someone had to take one for the team and I was gonna get a camrip but I was right next to two very muscular fathers who took their little girls and decided against it.

>>94232478
>Anon I'm disappointed but not disappointed

thanks dad.
>>
>>94232419
Is it true she was actually a princess emoji?

And that at some point she whistles for a twitter bird?
>>
>>94232538
Yes and yes, and she rejects Eugene because "she's not waiting for a prince"
>>
>>94232508
>Thanks dad
I was one of the dads that sat next to you. That's why I'm disappointed / not disappointed
>>
>>94232566
Holy shit that's fucking retarded

Do they ever explain why do they have to make the same expression all the time rather than just when they're being scanned?
>>
>>94232602
I really hope a guy who's raising 2 little girls and has a Marine Corps tattoo doesn't browse /co/.
>>
File: dat slav.jpg (26KB, 460x493px) Image search: [Google]
dat slav.jpg
26KB, 460x493px
>>94232419
SHE DOESN'T OWE YOU SEX ANON
>>
>>94232508
If you were going to make a camrip, go in the morning when no one is there. That's like common sense.
>>
>>94232644
I tried to go at the 7 AM showing. they were sold out
>>
Jailbreak makes my eggplant hard
>>
Hey, OP is it true that some kid tells the main kid: “words aren’t COOL” which is why he should just use emojis?
>>
Anyone who paid money to see this needs to be gassed. I don't care if it's ironic or you're pussywhipped and your wife wanted you to take her son to see it. Get that zyklon-b in your system and die.
>>
>>94232730
Yeah. First few minutes.
>>94232735
I did it to inform you anons.
>>
File: (pain).jpg (26KB, 618x345px) Image search: [Google]
(pain).jpg
26KB, 618x345px
>>94232773
Okaaay...

Is it true he deletes an email of lyrics/poetry he wrote for his crush because of that?

And also that the
>>
Wait so through the whole fucking film, she shows interests with him and she just rejects like a scum?

Was the rejection at least done in a funny way?
>>
>>94232773
No excuse. Some other retard would have cam ripped it and it'd be all over the internet. Gas yourself.
>>
>>94232419
So she was every generic female LI in animated movies ever, but then turned down the MC.
That's original in a way, I guess.
>>
Did you like anything about it?
Like...anything at all?
>>
>>94232566
>"she's not waiting for a prince"

Wow what a cunt, so is she a dyke?
>>
>>94232538
This is a Wreck Ralph rip off.
They aren't even trying to hide it.
>>
>>94232818
Yes. High five find it and that's what they use to figure out his crush's name.

Also the ending made absolutely no sensee. He goes to delete the data on his phone because of the glitching, but then Eugene sends himself to the girl and she likes him because he's "sensitive and shows his emotions" and so he all of a sudden decides NOT to wipe his phone and unplugs it at the phone store, making all the data instantly restored and everyone back together. The worst part is it's a plot point that he pirates, which is why a princess emoji became a hacker. They enter a "pirating app" that's a tavern with spam, trolls, and trojan horses. Why the fuck would he be confused by his phone glitching if he pirates and why would he risk taking it to the phone store.
>>94232852
They go to a just dance app and they dance together, and they lock eyes ans smile a lot. They go to spotify and ride the "waves" of some clam ambiance music, and she says she likes him just the way he is and invites him to join her on the cloud. Then they get to the cloud and she seems sad that she's about to reprogram him as a meh emoji, and he comes out and says he loves her, but she rejects him because "she's not waiting for a prince." And afterwards the scene and her feleings are never brought up again.
>>94232901
Sorry.
>>94232903
Fair enough, but it was still stupid.
>>94232912
I actually kind of cared about Jailbreak to a degree, and also wanted to fuck her

>>94232931
Probably not, but she's a feminist and is mad emojis could only be princes and brides when she was first created.
>>
>>94232538
According to wikipedia she became a "h4ck3r emoji" because people stereotyped her when she was a princess
I never grunted so loud and angry before
>>
>>94232961
>Then they get to the cloud and she seems sad that she's about to reprogram him as a meh emoji, and he comes out and says he loves her, but she rejects him because "she's not waiting for a prince." And afterwards the scene and her feleings are never brought up again.

Holy shit that's terrible
>>
>>94232961
>Probably not, but she's a feminist and is mad emojis could only be princes and brides when she was first created.

EWW
>>
File: vomit sounds.png (141KB, 843x432px) Image search: [Google]
vomit sounds.png
141KB, 843x432px
>>94232961
Yeah, I knew that was the ending, I was going to ask you about it but I clicked Post by accident

I was just reading from a Tumblr post about why the Emoji movie was shit and wanted to know if that was all actually true
>>
Honestly the only thing that made me laugh about the film was imagining my phone as a ghetto with a massive unemployment rate because I never use emojis except sometimes the flags.

The only thing that made me laugh was a plot I made up in my head.
>>
File: [PAIN TIME].png (37KB, 319x292px) Image search: [Google]
[PAIN TIME].png
37KB, 319x292px
>>94232961
>she's a feminist and is mad *female emojis could only be princes and brides when she was first created.

FTFY
>>
>>94232961
Oh so this is SJW garbage, thank you for making me dodge that bullet
>>
>>94232419
WHY DID YOU WATCH IT?
YOU'RE JUST GIVING MONEY TO THIS SHIT!
>>
File: (INTERNAL SCREAMING).png (208KB, 468x461px) Image search: [Google]
(INTERNAL SCREAMING).png
208KB, 468x461px
I'm still gonna watch it ironically once the camrips are out
>>
>>94233069
>Sony movie
>SJW garbage
You're surprised?
>>
>>94232419
Poor writing with the dash of unfunny humor.
>>
>>94233107
Anon, let me save you the trouble.

The movie is the boring kind of bad, not the entertaining kind of bad.
>>
>>94232419
>actually watching this piece of shit

I hope you either snuck in or pirated it someone

And if you did the latter you better provide the torrent link, faggot
>>
File: 2017-05-20-emoji-girlxxa.png (389KB, 600x845px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-20-emoji-girlxxa.png
389KB, 600x845px
>>
>this is on the front page of /co/ getting discussed in earnest

You fell for it, you fuckers fell for it.
>>
This movie is the aborted remains of the incest baby of Wreck-It-Ralph and Inside that has been scraped out of the dumpster and re-purposed to be sold in the Walmart $5 movie bin.
>>
File: 2017-05-20-emoji-girlxx.png (366KB, 600x812px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-20-emoji-girlxx.png
366KB, 600x812px
>>
>>94232931
time to ship her with smiler
>>
>>94233132
I know, but I just have to see this shit with my own eyes

I'm just not gonna pay for it, fuck Sony
>>
File: 1497544192323.jpg (11KB, 181x272px) Image search: [Google]
1497544192323.jpg
11KB, 181x272px
>>94233172
>>94233150
>>
>>94232652
>spoiler
Please god tell me your joking.
>>
>>94233243
I wish I was. Because my license was suspended recently and I had to catch the bus to my apartment and come back later in the day. Bought tickets online 4 hours before the showing and the only seats not reserved were in the very front, another reason I didn't camrip.
>>
Were the meme emojis included?
>>
>>94232419
>went to watch homecoming
>waiting for timeplay to start
>this bitches loud voice comes out of nowhere and causes me to throw my phone

Fuck ciniplex
>>
>>94233291
The 100 emoji was part of the executive council if that counts.

The flag emojis were also there, with the Israeli flag seen more often than the others in view of the camera.
>>
>>94232735
I'm pretty sure my friend is going to get paid to see it while watching somebody's kid sometime within the coming weeks.
>>
>>94233069
>>94233118
>There's SJW garbage
Isn't Sony the ones who did female Ghostbusters? It's probably somebody in marketing who pushes for it, because I recall them trying to create controversy over it before the film launched.

It's because the kind of "feminism" that cares about emojis of all things is "hip with the kids" and the mentally retarded, who are frankly the target audiences for this movie.
>>
>>94232961
>They go to a just dance app and they dance together, and they lock eyes ans smile a lot. They go to spotify and ride the "waves" of some clam ambiance music, and she says she likes him just the way he is and invites him to join her on the cloud. Then they get to the cloud and she seems sad that she's about to reprogram him as a meh emoji, and he comes out and says he loves her, but she rejects him because "she's not waiting for a prince." And afterwards the scene and her feleings are never brought up again.

I skimmed through the Junior Novelization.
Apparently, in an earlier draft of the film, the movie was supposed to show that she was dating an emoji named Fist Bump, only to be revealed at the end that she broke up with him.

I should have taken pictures when I saw it at Walmart.
>>
>>94233676
>I skimmed through the junior novelizTion
wee lad that's even funnier than paying to see it
>>
>>94233734
What can I say? Just because there's a price tag on it, it doesn't mean that you have to buy it.

But yeah, the movie also apparently ends with emojis being animated.
>>
>>94232508
>Someone had to take one for the team
No.

No you didn't. Critics already went yesterday.
>>
>>94233054
I only ever use the nigger moon face and custom wojak emojis for discord.
>>
>>94232961
>it's a kid that pirates
>fucks up and doesn't know how to fix it
>has to go take phone to the store to get it reset
It actually makes sense. Kids are fucking dumb..
>>
>>94233054
>>94233790
Honestly, the only way to salvage the concept of the film, that there is a city of emoji within your phone, is to apply the Multiverse Theory and examine how Textopolis differs across different phones based upon the phone's owner.
>>
>>94233911
But that doesn't make any sense. He knows enough to get a skin for the pirating app, why would he not know he may get malfunctions because of it and that sending it to the phone store may be a bad idea until he deletes the piracy app.
>>
>>94233376
Does the hand emoji make the ok sign?
No laughing and crying emoji?
No [B] emoji?
>>
>Every app on every phone has all sorts of colourful characters in it
>The messaging app has the city of 'Textopolis' where emojis reside
>Once an emoji is old enough/ready they can work in their own cubicle where they have to make their assigned face when the phone owner selects them
>In this world, each emoji has only one facial expression, except Gene, our main character, who is supposed to be a Meh emoji but has a malfunction that lets him express all the other face emojis.
>Gene screws up his first day on the job due to his malfunction and was going to get deleted.
>he escapes and finds a High-Five emoji who tells him about how his malfunction can be fixed if they go to the piracy app find the emoji known as 'Jailbreak' who can 'hack' the malfunction out of him and make him a Meh emoji
>High Five goes on this journey with him in hopes of getting himself hacked and become one of the user's favorite emojis again
>They leave Textopolis and embark on a journey to the Piracy app, hidden in the Dictionary app, where the Jailbreak emoji, who turns out to be a girl, agrees to help them
>Meanwhile, the head of the cubicle emoji system, a female smile emoji sends out a group of deletion bots after them.
>Gene and the gang play Candy Crush and then Dance Dance Revolution in some blatant product placement,
>It is revealed that hacker emoji is a princess emoji who escaped bc princess stereotypes = harmful to women, High Five emoji gets deleted because the user deleted the Dance Dance Revolution app while they were in it
>Gene's parents go looking for him in the Youtube app where they watch the PPAP meme [YouTube] PIKOTARO - PPAP (Pen Pineapple Apple Pen) (Long Version) [Official Video] (embed), and later reconnect in the Instagram app where it is revealed that his father also has the malfunction but has learned to hide it.
>>
>They go to rescue High Five
>They reach the cloud through Dropbox with some obvious Dropbox advertising where they figure out the password and enter the cloud.
>Gene confesses his love to Jailbreak emoji but she doesn't reciprocate
>He goes home without getting hacked because the rejection made him permanently "Meh"
>He is about to get killed in front of everyone when his parents come in and try to save him
>All this is happening while the kid who owns the phone is about to get his phone reset due to all the issues he's witnessing because of their hijinks
>As all the apps on the phone are getting deleted Gene turns into a super emoji who showcases a ton of emotions in one ever changing gif-emoji that the user sends to his crush
>She likes this emoji and agrees to go to the dance with him
>Kid decides not to reset his phone last second and the apps get restored
>cue montage
>>
This and the Ready Player One movie represent the final death of the internet as it once was. Its the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>94233768
This. They literally get paid to go see a shit movie and tell you it's shit so you don't have to waste your money.
>>
>>94233937
'member the days of Ares when people wondered why their PC was virus ridden when they were only downloading music? Like that, as I said kids are fucking stupid, especially pseudo-hackers ones.

And if your phone glitch and you can't fix it you take it to the store or something, I don't see how that's an issue.
>>
File: 1501278839162.jpg (4KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1501278839162.jpg
4KB, 184x184px
>>94233987
>>94233965
>>
sequel bait
>>
>>94233987
So how does Gene go from being permanently "meh" after being rejected to showing all the faces?
Does Jailbreak give him a BJ or something?
>>
>>94233965
>>94233987
Oh my god its like the mirrorverse Lego Movie.
>>
>>94233768
>trusting critics
Critics don't spoil the awful shit the movie does.
>>
>>94233951
No, yes, and no.
>>94234043
It just seemed really fucking weird for him to take his phone to the store without deleting the piracy app first to see if that would fix things. Also, the "cancelling deletion last minute restores everything else" thing is bogus.
>>
>>94234109
They come back to rescue him and his father reveals he can also change his emotions but had repressed it.
>>
>>94234140
Well, if you're going to reset why bother deleting? Or the kid is just dumb which is more likely so he just gave up before trying anything.

And yeah, the info getting restored after the kid unplugs his phone sounds like pure unadulterated retard.
>>
>>94232419
>Feminists are real! Their money is real! Give us your money!
>>
>>94233987
>>94233965
Isn't this basically WiR?
>>
>>94233222
Checked, but it scratches an itch and is like a palate cleanser so I can enjoy good or even weirder shit.
>>
>>94233676
>the movie was supposed to show that she was dating an emoji named Fist Bump, only to be revealed at the end that she broke up with him.
So like how Wildstyle was dating Batman? I remember reading that the Fist Bump was some big celebrity emoji.
>>
>>94234464
I was going to say that in my post, but I forgot.

But yeah, it would be like that, but probably played straight.
>>
>>94232903
>turned down the MC
>that's original in a way, I guess
Guys how outdated do you think this well be in a decade or so?
>>
File: IWTFT.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IWTFT.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>94233172
>>94233150
Disgusting.
More?
>>
>>94233965
>where it is revealed that his father also has the malfunction but has learned to hide it.
So is his malfunction a euphemism for him being gay
>>
>>94234984
Probably.
And the message at the end of the film is that everybody would be happier if they were gay. Not just being able to express being gay or something that one might otherwise repress, but actually BEING gay.
>>
>>94232508
>Someone had to take one for the team

We already know Pan's going, let him report back to the world, and you know every internet reviewer worth 100 subs is going to jump on this the day it comes out on DVD.

You suffered for nothing.
>>
>being upset because shallow, forced romance didn't happen
>>
>>94235007
>>94234984
But both have a female love interests. So, that means the real message would be
>"even if you like dicks you gotta hook up with a chick!"

Based Sony working the LGBT community into a shoot.
>>
>>94235041
Some people only care about romance to the exclusion of all else
>>
File: shadman.jpg (48KB, 180x278px) Image search: [Google]
shadman.jpg
48KB, 180x278px
>>94233172
>>94233150
>>
>>94232419
It's not even a proper romance? Only reason to watch this.
>>
>>94233150
>>94233172
Just imagine how the feminists over at Sony would react if they found out about these
MAKE MORE
>>
>>94235034
I suffered so you guys could know the plot the day of release instead of waiting for some edgy spic who fapped while crying to a girl who rejected him to make a 23 minute long video or talk about it on a podcast with a basket of degenerates.
>>
>>94235174
Don't listen to those faggots, anon. I appreciate your efforts.
>>
>>94235191
Thanks anon. I just want to keep the board informed.
>>
>>94235041

Well, there's shallow forced romance, and then there's JERKING THE AUDIENCE AROUND.

It was better when Hunchback of Notre Dame did it.
>>
File: 1495500905703.gif (2MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1495500905703.gif
2MB, 360x240px
>>94232961
> Then they get to the cloud and she seems sad that she's about to reprogram him as a meh emoji, and he comes out and says he loves her, but she rejects him because "she's not waiting for a prince."
I don't know where they were going with this, so in the end the parents are the ones who save the situation that jailbait nearly caused?
>>
>>94235279
Yup, but she also partially helps by coming back to save him rather than just going into the cloud.
>>
>>94232961
Jailbreak sounds like a cunt
>>
So, what's the deal with the poop emojis? do they do anything at all?
>>
>>94232419
Did Owo make a cameo?
It has always been my favourite
>>
Bullshit.
>>
So does the movie REALLY fight drumpf like they said it would?
>>
The whole point of subversion of tropes is to help improve and add new ideas for storytelling. It's however NOT something that should be solely relied on. Subversion is a TOOL to help you write stories. If your subversion ends up making your heroes, (who are SUPPOSED to be people you look up to and root) unintentionally look like utter cunts and not in a good way that's cool, YOU HAVE FAILED. See also, Michael Bay Transformers making Optimus look like a genocidal maniac.
>>
>>94235317
They give an excuse to pay for Patrick Stewart, but othet than that, nothing.
>>
>>94235441
But that's under "The protagonists are always heroes" mentality.
>>
>>94233150
>>94233172
>Only 2 good pics of character
>mad cuz badman shadman
stay mad kiddies
>>
Jailbreak is CUTE
>>
>>94235495

I seriously doubt the marketers made the conscious decision to make their protagonists who are heroes intentional irredeemable cunts, since this IS a kids movie after all.

This isn't Sausage Party.
>>
>>94235495

The people who wrote the Emoji movie don't care enough to be THAT clever for their writing.
>>
>>94235441
Bayformers Optimus is super likeable though.
It's refreshing as hell having a hero who puts the bad guys down without hesitation.
>>
>>94235034
Even if we're on 4chan we're not THAT autistic, nobody cares about your shitty e-celeb.
>>
>>94235625

It would have been better if it were more fleshed out (ie. Replace the DEEP WANG scenes for more introspection of Prim'es motivations)
>>
>>94235625

Would prefer to see that Prime in a BETTER Transformers media though.
>>
>>94234172
That's actually kind of cool.
>>
I want to fuck that little red wagon.
>>
>>94234041
Considering the Rotten Tomatoes reviews from Thursday and the trailers, it was a huge red flag.

You don't give the benefit of the doubt to garbage.

>>94234125
Film critics aren't always on the money, but they're still better at gauging a movie's enjoyability than other forms of media.
>>
>>94235875

This. Film critics aren't infallible (see also Ghostbusters debacle) but they're still better than oh say...Game reviewers.
>>
>>94235875

Don't forget that they are told NOT to release the reviews until AFTER the movie comes out. No advanced reviews to promote the movie. Even Ghostbusters had THAT.
>>
Would you fuck her
>>
>>94232478
We still discused Frozen though
>>
>>94232652
Please tell me that you live in a rural town where only 30 people live because that's the only reasonable explanation for that shit.

Though to be fair, I guess where I live there are families that will watch this shit despite everything.
>>
>>94235523
Mom is cuter
>>
>>94232419

IT WAS HER TURN
>>
>>94236836
In a hearbeat.
>>
>>94233069
It's not SJW garbage...it's just regular garbage.
>>
>>94238097
I don't believe you and in any case loli was the cutest.
>>
>>94232419

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS QUEEN.
>>
File: IMG_4294.jpg (137KB, 640x663px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4294.jpg
137KB, 640x663px
>>94238224
reee fuck you
>>
>>94238263
W-Who's that bored looking emoticon alongside smiling bitch? does she have porn?
>>
>>94238280
The mom meh.
>>
>>94238300
Nice.
>>
File: hmm coffee.jpg (47KB, 662x635px) Image search: [Google]
hmm coffee.jpg
47KB, 662x635px
SOOOOOOO...there like a camrip or something? I'm honestly curious to know what a clusterfuck it is at this point.
>>
File: IMG_4276.png (260KB, 640x787px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4276.png
260KB, 640x787px
>>94238280
The mom
>>
File: 1447764793196.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1447764793196.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
>>94233054
If this movie achieves to make people use less emojis, then it was a good cause.
>>
>>94238280
And yes she does
>>
>>94232621
>>94232931
>waiting for some moron to notice you and not looking for prime dick elsewhere
>>
>>94238554
And that's how women end up with 50 years and 12 cats.
>>
>>94233965
>one of the user's favorite emojis again
>meh

How bleak, inert and deppressive
>>
>>94238496
Seriously I don't get the facsination between creating eloborate messages with them. Each combination means something else and usually winds up being something stupid.
>>
>>94233965
Is Dance Dance Revolution something you can do with your phone now?
>>
File: 1501183233932.jpg (146KB, 708x664px) Image search: [Google]
1501183233932.jpg
146KB, 708x664px
>>94232538
>>94232566
>>94232955
>tfw been writing an animated movie with a secret princess plot since before Wreck-It Ralph came out and if I ever get to make it it'll be considered a Wreck-It Ralph rip-off
>>
>>94232955
Vanellope ripoff seems to be more so the mc though with the whole glitch thing.
>>
File: d-qua-understand-57.png (271KB, 918x489px) Image search: [Google]
d-qua-understand-57.png
271KB, 918x489px
>>94232419
I have to say, even though it sounds like it was executed very poorly in a way that probably made no sense and communicated nothing of value to the audience, the basic idea of the main character confessing his feelings to his love interest co star, only to be immediately flat out rejected and then allowed to move on without them getting together, is something I don't see a lot and would kind of appreciate in more stuff. Considering how formulaic the rest of the movie looks I'm surprised they even went that route, though disappointed they clearly botched it.

Too bad it can't make up for even a fraction of the stuff clearly wrong with this movie, and this is probably going to be one of those things we'll see even less if this movie doesn't do well because it's one of those kinds of details suits in charge would pick to blame failure on instead of the movie's actual shortcomings.

Anybody know other, better /co/ stuff where the main character doesn't get with their love interest?
>>
>>94238661
He means Just Dance
>>
>>94238933
They can steal more than one thing from a single character and then split it up to apply to multiple characters and still be ripping it off.
>>
>middle finger emoji never made it into the movie
That would've been a good opportunity for jokes, strategically placing things in front of the offending finger or framing shots in a way that it isnt visible and we can only tell what it is from the other characters reactions. They already had crude humor, might as well have included some that wouldve made me chuckle.
>>
>>94232966
>stereotyped
>emoji
That's literally the whole fucking point!
And emojis are typically not gendered at all! That's why they have no features, hair or anything!
>>
>>94232638

дa, she is owing of sex to boris!
>>
File: 1499417235094.jpg (18KB, 369x327px) Image search: [Google]
1499417235094.jpg
18KB, 369x327px
>porn of modern smiley faces
>>
>>94234453
It's a combination of three movies that were successful and well liked
>Inside Out
>Lego movie
>Wreck it Ralph

All those movies involve our heroes going on a journey through multiple worlds, while being in contact with the human world (Emotions of a kid, logo toys of will Ferrell, video games in arcade). What emoji movie does is it takes themes from each movie and mashed them all together into a bland mess. I'll list them here and feel free to add.
>emojis have an impact on the human world (all three)
>human kid dealing with problems (inside out, lego movie)
>edgy punk girl (lego movie)
>actually a princess twist (wreck it Ralph)
>on a quest through weird worlds (all three)
>emotions are a critical plot point (inside out)
>references to old stuff (wreck it ralph, Lego movie)
>stop the electronic your own from dying (wreck it Ralph)
>large cast of quirky individuals voiced by celebrities (Lego movie)
>outcast MC (Ralph)
>big city for establishing the world to the audience (lego movie)
>villain targets mc for being different (Ralph)

The emoji movie sucks
>>
File: tumblr_ottvbfs9E21qk9wino1_1280.jpg (149KB, 1280x755px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ottvbfs9E21qk9wino1_1280.jpg
149KB, 1280x755px
I'll share some concept art
>>
File: tumblr_ottvbfs9E21qk9wino2_1280.jpg (150KB, 1280x781px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ottvbfs9E21qk9wino2_1280.jpg
150KB, 1280x781px
>>94239322
>>
>>94238949
The problem is they clearly built up tension and she encouraged him all the way as though she was trying to maneuver him into confessing, but then rejected him when he did. In all probability this was a last minute change forced by their suits.
>>
File: tumblr_ottvbfs9E21qk9wino3_1280.jpg (190KB, 1280x891px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ottvbfs9E21qk9wino3_1280.jpg
190KB, 1280x891px
>>94239340
>>
>>94239278
U suck
>>
File: tumblr_ottvbfs9E21qk9wino4_1280.jpg (64KB, 1280x407px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ottvbfs9E21qk9wino4_1280.jpg
64KB, 1280x407px
>>94239356
>>
>>94239340
>Spore failed races
>>
File: tumblr_ottvbfs9E21qk9wino5_1280.png (813KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ottvbfs9E21qk9wino5_1280.png
813KB, 1280x719px
>>94239374
betsybauer.tumblr.com/post/163543641960/i-have-worked-on-a-couple-of-cancelled-or-delayed
>>
File: tumblr_ottsvy4Kyw1t8n6zyo1_1280.jpg (265KB, 1280x566px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ottsvy4Kyw1t8n6zyo1_1280.jpg
265KB, 1280x566px
>>94239397
Last one, also my favorite
http://yuhkidemers.tumblr.com/post/163542160847/one-of-the-first-paintings-i-did-for-the-emoji
>>
Seeing all this concept art makes me wonder: would this be a better as a short rather than a full blown movie?
>>
>>94239356
A looks really good!

...Which one did they go with in the movie?
>>
>>94239444
Eh... maybe wacky slapstick for about one to two minutes. No voices. Just physical comedy.

Even then, it's still just a maybe.
>>
>>94239340
The Weird Alien Finger Puppet Movie?
>>
>>94239343

Exactly. If this were any OTHER movie, it might have been unique if it were written as if the main character perceived her to send those signals. But in this movie, it comes less as having a good message for women and more of a middle finger to the audience. Like promising the audience a carrot only to give them a punch in the face.
>>
File: IMG_0841.png (102KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0841.png
102KB, 500x600px
>>94239209
It's more common than you'd think.
>>
File: 1465478636863.jpg (25KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
1465478636863.jpg
25KB, 600x602px
>>94240083
s..........ource?
>>
Damn it /co/, I know you're all thirsty fuckers who will hunt for waifus anywhere, but can't you have enough dignity to just jerk it to the characters and not give a shit about the film, much less see the damn thing.
>>
>>94240182
What do you think I'm waiting for the camrip for?
>>
>>94232990

Even worse due to the trailers implying they hook up
>>
>>94238949
I wanna say Regular Show and KND
>>
I wanted Gene to hook up with Smiler
>>
Just to drive the point how creatively bankrupt this is, the rejection isn't done because they want to subvert tropes.

Ie. LEGO BATMAN MOVIE DID IT.
>>
HURRR DURR WHY DONT WOMEN LIKE MEEEEE?!?!?!? The Thread
>>
Is thinking face in the movie?
>>
>>94232492
Joke is one you, it was my dad's money
>>
File: Paperclip.png (18KB, 336x249px) Image search: [Google]
Paperclip.png
18KB, 336x249px
Reminder that if this will be successful sony will push phase 2 of the emoji cinematic universe
Adventures of bonzi buddy
Memes the movie
My office assistant cant be this cute
>>
>>94232419
Holy shit the arms sprouting from the head make her look hideous.
>>
>>94241565
>My office assistant cant be this cute
I watch it.
>>
>>94241570
Oh god. That's kind of freaking me out
>>
Low tier waifus
>>
File: money doesn't buy happiness.gif (2MB, 423x322px) Image search: [Google]
money doesn't buy happiness.gif
2MB, 423x322px
>>94241565
>Adventures Of Bonzi Buddy
that'd be fucking kino
>>
>>94232419
>shows obvious signs of autism and an inability to read interpersonal relationships
>LMAO I WATCHED THE EMOJI MOVIE
>Never posts on /co/ or 4chan again
What did I mean by this?
>>
>>94232419
Good, emojis shouldn't race mix. Ugh should stay with Ugh, Poo should stay with Poo, Eggplants can be with Eggplants as long as they don't do it in my neighborhood, etc.
>>
>>94246099
That you're a faggot?
>>
>>94241105
How old are you?
>>
File: overwatch.png (83KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.png
83KB, 275x275px
>>94238987
>Pic related
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.