[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinions? The Fan Boy and Chum Chum theme song is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 13

File: 11112343543643543543634.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
11112343543643543543634.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
Unpopular Opinions?

The Fan Boy and Chum Chum theme song is decent
Mr Enter is an alright critic when he isn't talking about the education system
MLP's equivalent to the power puff girls are better characters in every way.
>>
The 1960s Batman show is still the best superhero show ever because it treats superheroes with the exact right amount of campiness that the entire concept deserves.

Also Julie Newmar is best Catwoman.
>>
The emoji movie is the best animated film to come out in 2017
>>
Battleship is so bad it's good
>>
I thought Venture Bros is kind of boring, desu. I tried watching a couple episodes and scenes and they didn't do it for me
>>
Gravity falls was a really amazing cartoon despite /co/'s hateboner for it.
>>
Age of consent laws should not exist in a country that calls itself "Free".
>>
Alan Moore's only good work is his run on Swamp Thing, rest of his books range from below-average to average
>>94215001
Isn't that what most people say about it?
>>
I want Disney to keep their copyrights to Mickey Mouse.
>>
>>94214387
>MLP's equivalent to the power puff girls are better characters in every way.
What, the CMC? I mean yeah but it's not really a fair comparison, MLP is a much more character driven/story driven show than PPG, PPG had some elements of continuity here and there but it was largely part of that era of CN's episodic comedy show style, I don't think it's exactly fair to compare the two simply cause they both have three characters who happen to be little girls

>>94215032
>Gravity falls was a really amazing cartoon despite /co/'s hateboner for it.
Does /co/ have a hateboner for it? I don't go in the threads much but I feel like a lot of /co/ liked it, just hate Mable because reasons and weren't happy with the ending
>>
>>94215128
I want Disney to find a way to keep their copyrights to Mickey Mouse without ruining public domain laws for everyone else in the process
>>
>>94215032
/co/ doesn't hate it. There are criticisms for the second season, but at this point, it should be easy to tell who actually has a point and who just shitposts.

Most fans of the series here moved on with whatever feelings they had. Most GF threads now are

>pacifica posting
>Mabel hate
>Alex Hirsch hate
>occasional Wendy and actual discussion
>pinecest
>>
>>94215142
The CMC were heavily inspired from the powerpuff girls characters, at least at first.
>>
>>94215143
You put it better than I did. Thank you
>>
>>94214387
Tom King's Batman, specifically his Bane story is fucking fantastic. Especially the pages where Bane fights his way through all of the Asylum and Calender Man's monologue about how Bane and Batman will never stop fighting each other.

His Swamp Thing/Batman story was also really great too. If it had been extended longer, it could have easily been better than the Bane arc.
>>
>>94214387
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law is very mediocre and it has some of the worst visual gags I've on any TV show or film.

Inside Out and Up are legitimately great films.

The post cancelation seasons of Futurama aren't that bad. They're mostly just "OK".
>>
>>94215529
Second opinion isn't unpopular, I dislike the run but like that issue a lot
>>
Everything Marvel did since Age of Apocalypse, is not good.
Everything Marvel did since Civil War, is shit.
Everything Marvel did since Secret Wars is worse than shit.
>>
>>94215686
>Inside Out and Up are legitimately great films.

how is that unpopular
>>
Riri is a good iron-heart and people are too hard on her.
>>
>>94215686

>Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law [...] has some of the worst visual gags I've on any TV show or film

In fairness, Harvey Birdman did far better with dialogue gags than it did with sight gags. The stellar voice cast helped a lot with that.

"Ha Ha! Body in a wood chipper."
>>
I legitimately enjoyed all four seasons of Korra and never understood /co/'s obsessive hateboner for it.

Korrasami and the recent comic are shit though.
>>
File: Fitz.jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
Fitz.jpg
6KB, 299x168px
>12 oz Mouse is pretty darn good and I didn't watch it high
>The only good children's cartoons currently airing are Clarence and Maya the Bee
>Billy and Mandy and CKND are both awful
>>
Most of the highly rated good comics aren't that good. Usually getting unnecessary praise by either being the first to do something or doing something out of the norm. Especially big two comics since they largely got their fame from having famous characters involved.
>>
>>94216593

>12 oz Mouse is pretty darn good and I didn't watch it high

Excuse you, OzMo is a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>94216462
I've never seen anyone here on /co/ talk positively about them. They usually get called "overrated trash" here.
>>
>>94216632
I loved the fact that the joke wasn't that it was poorly drawn; the joke was that it literally had a plot you had to actually watch the whole show to follow IN SPITE of being poorly drawn.
>>
>>94214387
>Mr Enter is an alright critic when he isn't talking about the education system
I really don't get the hate, hes like a pet.
>>
>>94216538
I'll give it that, it had a great voice cast. I just wish the writting was funnier.
>>
>All modern cartoons are fucking dogshit and I think that anyone who watches them is a fucking moron.
>People who think that cartoons will be anything more than childish programming is fucking mental.
>The DCAU is regarded as one of the best cartoon series of all time. I think that this says a lot about the cartoon industry when comic book adaptations shines above the majority of cartoons.
>>
Steven Universe is a 7/10 at least but /co/ is unfair to it because tumblr likes it.
>>
>>94214387

The X-Men makes no sense with the rest of the Marvel universe and everybody would be happier if they split. Even the detractors would see it's better given time

The Fantastic Four would fit in better at DC

The Garlic Jr saga was a fun little arc and it was good to see the other fighters save the day without Goku
>>
>>94214387
Most superheroes released in the last 7 years range from decent to pretty good. There are a couple of bad ones as well as a couple of great ones but the majority are generally good.
>>
Secret Empire is at least okay because it pisses on the very bullshit that plague Marvel.
Hero character is turned into a perversion of himself for hero vs hero drama and exploits other hero vs hero bullshit, the government is effortlessly taken over, characters jump around alignments randomly with plot reveals, you have all kinds of silly plot detours that don't actually accomplish anything to the greater plot, random shock value deaths constantly, character arcs start up and then go back, the "new heroes" accomplish nothing and fail because not actually ready for doing important stuff, constant characters in-story going through identity politics and justifying themselves (You are a Nazi! Hydra are not Nazis!), and characters bank on dumb shit like predestination paradoxes or snap pack to status quo via magic means at the end of the book while insisting NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME.

It recognizes that comic books are irrelevant and glorifies bad guys, which works best to his skills of hating everyone and writing charming scumbags.
>>
I think the popularity of shows like Clarence and The Loud House, and the idea that they could be seen as "refreshing" shows how far western children's animation has fallen.

On the flipside, I think the popularity of shows like Rick and Morty, The Venture Bros. and Bojack Horseman show that western adult animation is never going to climb out of the cynical ghetto it's stuck in.
>>
>>94215686
>Inside Out and Up are legitimately great films
pretty much everyone thinks this
>>
>>94216968
then why are you on a board for comics and cartoons?
>>
Geoff Johns Green Lantern run should've ended with Blackest Night. It was obvious he was making things up as he went along in comparison to a mega-arc that he had planned out after it ended.
>>
>>94214387
the people who circle jerk over how much they hate steven universe are more annoying than the fanbase itself.
>>
>>94218494
He likes comics and animated movies
>>
Mighty B was one of the better cartoons in the last decade. It hit all the right notes.
>>
Fanboy and Chum Chum did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>94218753
>>94216978
SU fuckers, please stop trying to be the next bronies.

Nobody cares if you like it, you're not banned from talking about it, accept that some people just don't find it appealing. Complain when you're sequestered from talking about your favorite cartoon on the cartoon board because of the mass level of autistic people who hate you.
>>
>>94214387
/pol/ was the best thing to ever happen to /co/.
>>
>>94218895
I don't like steven universe. I'm just tired of autistic faggots like you bitching about it whenever you get the chance. you're literally no better than the fandom and you have to be very delusional to believe otherwise.
>>
>>94214387
I hate deadpool.
'I know I'm in a comic book and point ti out, aren't I funny?'
>>
Marvel has about as many good comics as DC does, maybe significantly fewer decent comics, but just as many good comics
>>
File: cybertron cast.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cybertron cast.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
>>94214387

Transformers Cybertron is great.
>>
Gwenpool is boring in every way. Not even good fap bait.
>>
File: 3UVay.gif (2MB, 371x331px) Image search: [Google]
3UVay.gif
2MB, 371x331px
>>94214387

I've NEVER seen the appeal of Green Lantern.
>>
>>94214387
Rebirth is cancer.
>>
File: 1500905571346.png (200KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1500905571346.png
200KB, 800x800px
Steven Universe sucks shit. Proof in the pudding that waifufaggotry can't always sell a show.

Adventure Time has aged poorly too.

Ed Edd and Eddy is good but really overrated by this board. It had a LOT of grating episodes, especially those centered around Sarah.

FOP was fine up until the later part of season 7. The "I stopped watching at le babby" fags pulled the trigger too early. Hartman himself is also pretty based.

Rick and Morty is nothing more than brainlet food.

Star vs season 3 opener was pretty weak and if they insert that many filler episodes in what is supposed to be a grand plot then its a harbinger for bad things to come.
>>
>>94214387
Tangled>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Frozen
>>
>>94219017
I don't bitch about Steven Universe, I'm just saying stop acting like you're this persecuted Christ-like fandom, you're not

You're allowed to talk about your show here the same as anybody else, and just like literally every other show people are allowed to tell you why they don't like it

Furthermore, I only see SU fags always posting threads like "WHY DON'T YOU LIKE SU?" or "SU IS GREAT, TELL ME WHY IT ISN'T WITHOUT SAYING A BUZZWORD", just stop it, enjoy your show and stop caring because nobody else does, people who dislike or are indifferent to the show don't hate it they hate the fanbase
>>
Legend of Korra was good excluding Season 2.

Marvel's current cartoons are decent at worst.

Right Now Kapow and Elenna of Avalor are underrated.

There is nothing wrong with a cartoon having an animesque artsyle.

Most of the problems with modern comics are caused because the writers refuse to let characters age and pass on the mantle to successors.
>>
>>94219254
This is correct.
>>
>>94219394
>Most of the problems with modern comics are caused because the writers refuse to let characters age and pass on the mantle to successors.

Mantle swapping is lazy. Make new characters be their own hero, not the "new fly man" or "new super guy", give them their own identity.
>>
>>94219725

>Mantle swapping is lazy. Make new characters be their own hero, not the "new fly man" or "new super guy", give them their own identity.

There is no functional market for that in Big Two. This argument reeks of ignorance about the comic reading audience and their obsession with nostalgia over everything else.
>>
i actually liked the wayside animated series
>>
>>94219258

>You're allowed to talk about your show here the same as anybody else, and just like literally every other show people are allowed to tell you why they don't like it

Then why is it that the most common SU threads here are ones started with negativity and attempts to provoke negative reactions? For as shitty as the SU fanbase is, at least they're a mere nuisance. You are like goddamned lice.
>>
Al Ewing is very overrated.
>>
>>94219762
>This argument reeks of ignorance about the comic reading audience and their obsession with nostalgia over everything else.

K

>Most of the problems with modern comics are caused because the writers refuse to let characters age and pass on the mantle to successors.

And this argument reeks of the same thing. It doesn't work, nobody who is nostalgic wants their favorite lifelong hero to be replaced by some new random character using their costume and name, NOBODY does

If they had balls, they would make new characters, hell shoe horn them into the stories of popular heroes, nobody would hate Miles if his name wasn't "Spider-Man", and if he had no fans in spite of not having that name it means he was not a good character to begin with
>>
I've never liked SU, but at this point I mostly don't like it because of the /pol/fags who constantly bitch and moan about "muh sjw propaganda" and whatnot.
>>
>>94219824
>Then why is it that the most common SU threads here are ones started with negativity and attempts to provoke negative reactions? For as shitty as the SU fanbase is, at least they're a mere nuisance. You are like goddamned lice.
I've never in my life made a SU thread, I've hardly ever posted in SU threads. I'm saying stop crying, every show has it's haters on this board....every single one. Stop acting like a victim, when you get MLP levels of hate on this site then you can talk or go to reddit
>>
The Raimi Spiderman movies are dogshit and I prefer the Amazing ones.
>>
>>94220678

>and I prefer the Amazing ones

I legitimately think people who praise the ASM films only care about fidelity to the source material and quite literally have no ability to distinguish quality in filmmaking or storytelling. Which is fine, but you can't complain about people calling you a blind fanboy if you say it.
>>
MoS and BvS' Director's cut were good, and I'm excited for JL.
>>
>>94214387
The Loud House is an above average show at best.
>>
i like squirrel girl
>>
>>94216968
>people who think that American cartoons will be anything more than childish programming are fucking mental

ftfy
>>
>>94218898
/co/ was like this way before /pol/ was even originally created
>>
Wander Over Yonder and RC9GN were good shows but a third season would make them be remembered as terrible shows.
>>
File: Authority08.jpg (136KB, 600x930px) Image search: [Google]
Authority08.jpg
136KB, 600x930px
>>94216450
>>94215529

I agree with both of these posts
>>
I'm getting really fucking sick and tired of Batman and I wished DC would actually kill him off for at least a year.

The only good comics left from the Big Two are the ones that have jack shit to do with current continuity/crossovers.

Avatar and Korra aren't anime. They'll never be anime, and your insistence that they ARE anime means that you don't have enough faith in your our country's animation to make outstanding products.

Sausage Party killed any hope of American animated movies aimed for adults because it has the feel of being made by a bunch of high school dropouts for edgy teenagers who like to say "fuck" when their mom's not home.

Venture Bros is losing steam almost entirely because its too busy focusing on lore for the seasons to feel like REAL new episodes that you've been waiting a few years for.
>>
>>94214387
I liked frank millers 300, holy terror and dare devil but i have a burning hatred for his dark knight stuff, only thing i like is his batman design.
>>
File: 2016-08-29 13.53.45.png (108KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-29 13.53.45.png
108KB, 247x248px
>>94214387
The Punisher is the most one dimensional, brainless, edgy, try hard character that people who are actually just pussies in real life flock to because he is who they wish they were.
>>
>>94220602
I'll never, so the life of me, understand the hate for Miles. People CLAIM that its not because he's black, but because you can't replace Spider-Man. Which doesn't make any sense to me, because:

A.) I thought the whole point of the Ultimate universe was to do stories they could never do in the main 616 universe.

B.) I don't remember anyone having as angry of a reaction to, say, Ben Riley, Kaine, or even Superior Spider-Man
>>
>>94222083
This. The Punisher is AT BEST only good as a one-off character and. at worst, a shitty villain that you bring out when you want to do a dumb "when is it okay to kill a bad guy" conflict.
>>
>>94214438
But what about Batman: the Brave and the Bold?
>>
>>94214387
The 1st 3rd of Red son is a fantastic Superman story which makes excellent use of a setting change to analyse the character on a deeper level. The following parts are garbage which ignore every interesting idea put forward before it in favour of a substanceless plot which relies on significant character developments the reader never gets to see, ending in a cop out before an epilogue which completely misunderstands the character of Lex the writer set up.

Objective discussion is almost completely impossible. Threads are filled with either fans of something or people who hate something. Any attempt to discuss the merits and drawbacks of a paticular work is inevitably drowned in shitposting and autism.

Im 100% sure Damifag is actually just a shitposter with an act. Its amazing how well they rile people up.
>>
I think Death of The Family is a shit Batman story and unnecessarily edgy just for the sake of being edgy.
>>
File: 1501099332801.png (3MB, 1443x2218px) Image search: [Google]
1501099332801.png
3MB, 1443x2218px
Gwenpool is the best character that has been made in the last decade, despite what /co/ as well as normies say
>>
>>94222380
>Gwenpool is the best character that has been made in the last decade,
That's not a high bar to clear.
>>
>>94222223
It's basically a celebration of it instead of a reflection of it.
>>
>>94218895
I think its ironic how /co/ hates SU strictly because it has diversity. Its funny because they are doing the exact thing they accuse SU fans of doing.
>>
Most comic book fans are legitimately racist and sexist because they think that comic books only belong to them and not the masses, so any change to that would make them lose the thing they can trumpet of "normies" as making them difficult.

Same this happened with video games; there was no radicalized distinction between "hardcore" and "casual" until the Wii let people into the hobby who weren't interested in it before.

Its just a bunch of sheltered white suburbanites mad that they put a huge amount of effort into making something already mainstream counterculture and getting mad when people remind them that its not.
>>
>>94214387
Sam Raimi's Spider-Man while campy, nostalgic and fun, It has aged really poorly and it's not a great film by any stretch.

While Spider-Man 2 is very good, it's not even close to being the best superhero movies can offer.
>>
>>94214387
Ben 10 Reboot isn't bad honestly. Neither is TTGO but it plays too often and not every episode is even at least decent but the hate's overstated.

Having Ben turn into Vilgax due to an Omnitrix mishap is a cool idea desu
>>
>>94224283
>Most comic book fans are legitimately racist and sexist because they think that comic books only belong to them and not the masses, so any change to that would make them lose the thing they can trumpet of "normies" as making them difficult.
>Same this happened with video games; there was no radicalized distinction between "hardcore" and "casual" until the Wii let people into the hobby who weren't interested in it before.

You're wrong, and you must be pretty young.

"Geek chic" is something that only came about in the last ten years or so, it was not cool, trendy, attractive, or hip to be a nerd or gamer before now....you just don't get it because now is all you know.
>>
>>94218843
A better Ren and Stimpy successor than APC.
>>
The most unpopular opinion of all: OP is not a fag.
>>
>>94224657
People played video games and read comic books far before the current generation's idea of "WE'RE THE ONLY AUDIENCE COMICS HAVE EVER HAD" as a reaction to "geek chic" happened. I'd honestly blame the rise of the direct market and LCSs turning themselves into "top secret boys clubs" for fostering this weird mentality more than anything.

The thing weird to normies was that people were treating comics as this elitist counterculture thing when, in their minds, it's just fucking comic books. Fuck man, Superman's death was a national event; not something that only capefags were aware of.
>>
Comic to cartoon adaptations are better than cartoon to comic adaptations
>>
>>94225125
That's a fact; not an opinion. The only good cartoon to comic adaptation was Uncle Scrooge.
>>
The Dark Knight is a shitty, unintentionally campy and boring (instead of being actually intense like any actually good thriller) movie and only idiots think it's some uber-serious crime thriller.
The fact that people treat it as the best anything speaks much louder about comic adaptations being shit than about TDK being a good movie.
>>
Rick and Morty is a great show. Granted some of the jokes get run to the ground and the fanbase is extremely annoying but it's still good.
>>
If you like Gerry Conway or non-Romita Sr. Norman Osborn, you're okay with character assassination and deserved OMD.
Modern Green Goblin is one of the worst, most boring and one-dimensional villains in all of fiction, not just cape comics.
>>
If a book is written by a woman, chances are the book sucks.
Women are less intelligent and inferior creators.
>>
File: 1500382012545.jpg (55KB, 329x475px) Image search: [Google]
1500382012545.jpg
55KB, 329x475px
>>94224283
>Same this happened with video games; there was no radicalized distinction between "hardcore" and "casual" until the Wii let people into the hobby who weren't interested in it before.
Nah man, it was much more than just the Wii. You had shit like CoD on 360 and PS3, and later on, Skyrim.

Anyway, somewhat related: fake nerds absolutely exist, it's just that the distinction between them, casuals, and plebs is that much more blurred since the influx of casuals into certain nerd circles. I also think it's really not just women. I've met plenty of male fake nerds as well.

I think what separates actual nerds from the fake ones, is not only a long history with reading comics, watching cartoons, playing video games, etc., but also a deep appreciation for them and a willingness to discover more good media that might lie underneath the 'surface'. To us, reading some weird comic that no one IRL has ever heard of and discovering more from that writer, artist, or team is just normal everyday stuff for us. But fake nerds have this unconscious idea that only stuff that's only really visible from the surface is only worth checking out and they don't really bother checking out anything else or even really being aware that there's more out there. They have no real desire to dive further in and don't seem to be aware that there's a 40 ft. deep Olympic swimming pool while they're staying on the shallow 3 ft. deep end of a public pool. More so, a lot of real "nerds" (or geeks, whatever) will strive to have a deep understanding of the chosen medium itself, whereas that sort of thing just turns off the fake nerds entirely, so they tend to have this normie reaction of, "What is this? What are you talking about? Ew," to anything of substance that might enrich them in some sort of way. Which might not be so bad, if they didn't always act like they were such hardcore fans of [x]. They probably only really got into nerd stuff once it was "cool" to do so.
>>
I really just don't care about Legend of Korra, or about the comics. It just isn't for me.

I was alright with TTG, at first. Now it's just way too much.
>>
>>94216593
I agree that 12 oz Mouse is great but that last opinion triggers me.
>>
Princess and the Frog was the last good Disney princess movie that didn't treat the protag as a Mary Sue
>>
>>94225509
That just sounds like being a hipster.
>>
>>94214387
The Van Partible Johnny Bravo episodes are the best and the other seasons suck.
>>
>>94225124
i remember a time when women would mock and laugh at even the thought of a game or comic, not because it wasn't inclusive, just because it was deemed a nerdy shit thing to be into. LCS only turned into boys clubs to get away from ridicule and be able to talk and practice comfortably what they liked.
>>
Ultimate captain america was awesome
>>
>>94226337
hipsters dont do what they do to fit, they do it so they can believe their better than others, fake nerds just do shit to fit in or make people believe they are something they arnt, i have a friend who self proclaims that he lives for comics, he doesnt own a single one, doesnt read them, he has a thor and iron man tattoo because of the movies, he has only watched the thor, iron man and cpt america movies, he blows a bunch of money each year to go to comic con in the states and only comes back with the weird cheap plastic freebies they give out related to movies, hes a fake ass nerd and i have no idea why he puts so much effort into not doing something he says he loves
>>
>>94226442
You watched too much tv. Girls have always liked comics. Girls have always made comics.

Get a life.
>>
The only thing wrong with Soranik's turn to the dark side was how rushed it was.

I hope she never goes back to being a Green Lantern.
>>
John Stewart is better than Hal

Hal should've accepted Atrocitus to be be a Red Lantern

Uncle Grandpa is fantastic
>>
Nerd culture was a mistake.
>>
>>94219160
t. Autovolt
>>
>>94226583
you obviously didnt grow up in a small town in the 80's
>>
>>94214387
I don't get the hype for rick and Morty, it's a mediocre show with lazy writing. sorry
>>
File: Screenshot_18.jpg (55KB, 646x509px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_18.jpg
55KB, 646x509px
>>94215091
>>
>>94214438
I'll counter that it's one of the worst along with Superfriends because the "campiness" did nothing but harm for superheroes turning them into jokes and punchlines for most people. The MCU on the other hand is the complete opposite and has made them too banal and palatable to Joe Normie.

Only Batman: TAS and the DCAU really managed to get the balance right where you could have dark, serious episodes and campier goofy ones and neither feeling like it's fighting the other and the lighter episodes not feeling as if they're denigrating the characters.
>>
>>94214387
The Green Lantern movie wasn't the worst thing ever

Current Marvel isn't the absolute worst thing ever and people need to stop circle jerk hating the really terrible stuff and focus on the small amount of decent books. The majority of their current line is just painfully mediocre, not some tumblr sjw-fest like everyone keeps pretending it is

Cape movies and TV shows need to fucking die in order for big two comics to start being better
>>
There is no question that Rick and Morty has Reddit shit or that Steven Universe has Tumblr shit. There is no question that the fanbases are full of Reddit and Tumblr shitters either. But that shouldn't make the series impossible to enjoy.
>>
>>94228086
Then blame the fact that you lived in a conservative shit-hole, Huckleberry; not women.
>>
>>94229250
This.
Drawn Together was literally making 4chan jokes in its last season, but 4chan never become obnoxious about it.
>>
>>94229325
Huckleberries taste really good. Like a slightly different blueberry that goes well in shakes and lemonade.
>>
>>94219160
Aussie Jetfire was best boy.
>>
Old-Schjol X-Men worked because they felt real. You had Russians, Americans, Canadians, Greeks, Brazilians, etc,etc playing a central role in the stories. Sure, everything still was US-centric, but not to the point where every story is a propaganda piece. It's why overseas the X-Men fare much better than the Avengers and the others.
>>
>>94225509
Go write a blog somewhere else. Just post the /v/ picture of how newfags ruin shit. That's actually accurate. It's a hobby, people get pissed because people will tear down tradition and established rules to give temporary comfort to temporary newfags.
>>
>>94230260
Lobdell is the best Xwriter
fight me
>>
>>94224471
I disagree. I think Raimi got the heart of the character for Peter and almost everything has weight. Aunt May is a great character and MJ isn't great does display her original characterization at times.

Raimi did a pretty good job at shooting, made sure not to focus to much on CGI, and it's not boring like most of the other films.
>>
>>94214387
Mark Hamill isn't a good Joker. His voice is really generic and that great imo.
>>
>>94230422
not that great*
>>
Ian Flynn's run of Archie Sonic is my favorite comic of all time. It's not the best comic, but I enjoy it the most

Rewind and Chromedome are the only gay /co/ couple I've come across outside of Apollo and Middy that I think are written well.

Sonic Boom is the best Sonic cartoon but that isn't saying much of anything. It's not nearly as good or funny as /co/ thinks it is.

I actually welcome Deadpool's change back to villainy. I liked him being a hero for a while, but it's getting a bit old

I enjoy just about every Miller thing I've read, even the bad ones. Except for Holy Terror

Lobdell's Titans run is the worst thing to ever have the Titans name on it outside of maybe, MAYBE Villains for Hire

Linkara is whiny and obnoxious but occasionally has really good insight

Archie Mega Man wasn't that great, and I say this as a fan of both Ian Flynn and Mega Man

I really don't care about capeshit movies, and the only reason I saw Wonder Woman and Spider Man this summer is because my family wanted to see it.

The Steven Universe fandom makes me avoid getting into the show. Conversely, the Gravity Falls fandom drove me away not because it was bad, but because it spoiled the enitre show

Rick and Morty is a decent show, but fuck me it's not that deep.

Samurai Jack season 5 wasn't godawful, but it had serious pacing issues>>94217071
>The Garlic Jr saga was a fun little arc and it was good to see the other fighters save the day without Goku
I'd agree if it didn't drag on for fucking ever. Or at least feel like it did
>>94222087
>B.) I don't remember anyone having as angry of a reaction to, say, Ben Riley
Not him but iirc, didn't Ben being the "real" Spider Man piss a LOT of people off when the Clone Saga was relevant?
>>
Everyone says The Boondocks season 4 was shit, but really it turned to shit by the second season. The humor lost any semblance of subtlety, and ALL of the characters were flanderized so hard and so fast, that the show was stripped of any of the legitimate charm it used to have
>>
New 52 Red Hood and the Outlaws run was good, people on;y don't like it because it doesn't fit their version of an overrated, but good tv show, and are blinded by nostalgia to even entertain the ideas.
>>
>>94230543
CD/RW was good, but then it went to shit after his death and getting the divergent copy one to replace him
>>
There's not a single good episode of Ed Edd N' Eddy that exists in this universe.
>>
>>94214975
Nice bait
>>
I really love Slott's run of Spider-man--like, all of it. But it might be because I started reading with issue #600. Out of all the books I read, it's the one I look forward to the most when a new issue comes out.
>>
>>94224815
That isn't a had act when Ren and Stimpy wasn't even that good.

>>94218898
As someone who voted Trump, this whole election cycle has been a cancer on the internet, but the only way the we can actually get past this is if Trump wins in 2020 and serves his full 2 terms without impeachment, then the next president be a democrat.
>>
>>94219394
LoK > TLAB
>>
>>94230705
What if the opposition party guy was actually good?
>>
>>94214387
Why we have to have a month dedicated to a fucking movie only for some shitty waifus without personality or charisma.

seriusly this shit is getting annoying
>>
>>94223096
Personally, I don't hate SU because of the diversity. I hate it because the characters are unlikable and the pacing and plot suck.
The diversity is really just a cherry on top. The allegories to rape and lesbian sex are honestly stupid and feel very hamfisted, like they were thought up at the last second. Also trying to show that shit to kids is pretty fucked up.
>>
>>94224283
>all my favorite boards have become refuses of shit for people like this
/co/ is tumblr's entryway and /v/ has become reddit's entryway.
Get the fuck out tumblr, nobody wants you here.
>g-g-g-g-g-go back to /pol/!!
Fuck off, I'm not /pol/. I'm a fucking centrist at best, but anything even slightly right of liberal is too much for you fucks isn't it?
>>
>>94230942
/co/ had been full of waifufags and betas since before tumblr really took off.
>>
I'm ridiculously hyped for the Justice League film.
>>
>>94230996
Of course, comes with the medium.
No matter what revisionists try to say, 4chan was never left leaning. It's always been politically neutral, but anti-political correctness. That anti-political correctness isn't just screaming NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER, but it's just the way people have always been here. Noone cared about sexism or racism or crap like that. The only places free from normalfags on this damn website are /fit/, /m/, /mlp/, and any of the smaller boards.
I just want tumblrtards to stop astroturfing here.
>>
>MLP is still a pretty good show, and always has been, however the quality has dipped due to the change of writers
>Star Vs is the best cartoon on right now
>Digital animation was worse than flash for the cartoon industry, as it's led to the samey CalArts style.
>>
>>94214387
Jeph Loeb was a hack even before Ultimatum
Grant Morrison is great but he is not nearly as deep as he, or his deluded fans, like to think he is.
Chuck Dixon is not nearly as bad as /co/ likes to pretend he is
Scott Snyder and Tom King should be writing things other than Batman
>>
>>94214387
Ra's al Ghul is a really, really boring character who is only popular because Denny O'Neil quite literally strongarmed him into being the next big Batman villain while shoving all the others (besides Joker) to the sidelines.
Everything that Ra's has brought to the Batman mythos (Lazarus Pits, League of Shadows, Talia, Damian) has been garbage, and the sheer dicksucking that he gets in-universe is obnoxious.
>>
>>94225124
>>94226583
No, you're just wrong. How old are you? You have no idea what it was like to be a so called "nerd" in the 80s or 90s or even early 00s. Stop pretending
>>
File: RCO013.jpg (356KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO013.jpg
356KB, 1041x1600px
Even if the book is boring as fuck and nothing fucking ever happens, school counselor Black Panther to Thunderball about race was amusing.
>>
>>94230343
That /v/ picture is just about women though, and even though there's a kernel of truth there, it's not just women who do this. Fake nerds encompass both sexes.
>>
> Foster's had some really terrible episodes, but the really good ones make up for the shitty ones a lot.
> Rinse and repeat above for Danny Phantom.
> I don't ship Arnold and Helga.
> ATLA just doesn't grab my interest.
> The early Family Guy episodes aren't must watch TV, but they're just really comfy..
>>
>>94214387
I miss Ultimate Marvel.
>>
>>94217071
>The Fantastic Four would fit in better at DC

This is just dumb, the Fantastic Four were the linchpin of the Marvel Universe before they collapsed into irrelevence under the X-Juggernaut.
>>
>>94214387

>I don't like Batman all that much, despite liking Batmanesque characters like Moon Knight and characters associated with him like Bane.
>Batman Odyssey is the best Batman comic.
>Spider-Man Unlimited was actually good.
>Seth MacFarlane does not deserve as much hate as he gets.
>Golden Age Disney and Fleischer were better than WB.
>>
>>94222087
>A.) I thought the whole point of the Ultimate universe was to do stories they could never do in the main 616 universe.

No, the point of the Ultimate Universe was to be "edgy, hip and modern".

You fell for marketing buzzwords, fool.
>>
>>94225385
>Modern Green Goblin is one of the worst, most boring and one-dimensional villains in all of fiction, not just cape comics.

Harry was a much better villain.
>>
>Tumblr is a great place to find good artists even there are alot of loudmouths with even more unpopular opinions than the ones in this thread. (Not that every artist there is good)

>I enjoy Miles Morales and Kamala stories and tolerated Champions more than the rest of the board because I REALLY wanted it to be Marvel's Teen Titans, and will welcome any future attempts of it if they do it fucking *right*next time.

>Lumberjanes tells fun stories even if the artists aren't always good.

>I fucking miss Bucky O'Hare more than Swat Kats.

>Not that Groo the Wanderer isn't unpopular, but it really fucking pisses me off we're probably never going to get animated Groo, especially because the name "Gru" has too many Minions associations now and Aragones will probably be dead and buried before it ever (if ever) gets a shot at a movie or a netflix run or even fanimation.
>>
Adventure Time never got "bad," not even in Season 6.
Clarence and Uncle Grandpa are both absolutely awful and unwatchable garbage, especially Clarence.
TTG isn't that good but it isn't as bad as 90% of the autists who scream about it say it is.
>>
>>94234419
>Adventure Time never got "bad," not even in Season 6.
This.
And I actually loved season 6. So many great episodes.
>>
>>94233880

>MacFarlane

He gets a pass from me because his Dexters Lab and Johnny Bravo stuff is legitimately great.
>>
Most CN shows aren't that bad (And yes, I'm talking about TTG, the PPGBoot, and Steven Universe; as well as other shows that are commonly hated on for the sole purpose of being seen as hip while flaunting their boners towards TGWTG/ Channel Awsome.)

To each their own, after all.
>>
>>94230942
I'd say /tv/ is reddit's entryway
>>
>>94234247
>>I fucking miss Bucky O'Hare more than Swat Kats.

Maybe if the new toyline goes well, it'll show up elsewhere too.
>>
>>94230861
>Also trying to show that shit to kids is pretty fucked up.
Hearing this come from /co/ always cracks me up.
>>
>>94219248
>Proof in the pudding that waifufaggotry can't always sell a show.
>Posts TLH pic
>>
>>94220642
Why do you keep referencing MLP?
>>
>The allegories to rape and lesbian sex are honestly stupid and feel very hamfisted, like they were thought up at the last second. Also trying to show that shit to kids is pretty fucked up.

So the implication of suicide from SpongeBob SquarePants later season and the heavily implied abortion from Ren and stimpy is okay but a r rated sex scene isn't. No wonder the hatedom are just as autistic as the fanbase.
>>
>>94239101
I meant to reply to
>>94230861
>>
>>94231247

Ultimatum wasn't that bad the Ultimate universe was shitty besides what Millar wrote, Loeb has always been great
Morrison isn't a very good storyteller
Dixon's non Big 2 work is great but Baron is better
can't argue with the last was one
>>
>>94239740
>Ultimatum wasn't that bad
This is an unpopular opinion because it's objectively a wrong one.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.