[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a What If/Alt-verse where the Joker and Batman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Yl7gxoz.jpg (111KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Yl7gxoz.jpg
111KB, 1280x960px
Has there ever been a What If/Alt-verse where the Joker and Batman traded places?

Joker is born into a life of luxury, with a loving butler dad, and grew up into a chaotic clown themed superhero - while Batman was a mysterious, insane, bat themed super villain out to terrorize Gotham?
>>
>>94212912
>Has there ever been a What If/Alt-verse where the Joker and Batman traded places?
>Joker is born into a life of luxury, with a loving butler dad, and grew up into a chaotic clown themed superhero - while Batman was a mysterious, insane, bat themed super villain out to terrorize Gotham?

No, there has never been an alt-verse like it but it sounds like a neat idea for one
>>
>>94212912
Who's to say that isn't how it's always been?
>>
>One bad day
>>
>>94212912

So basically neither character would retain anything about who they are...besides a superficial look?

Sounds like trash.
>>
>>94212912
Theres one where Joker is a superhero named the Jokester and he has a green Ponytail.

Theres also a few episodes of Batman Brave and the Bold where Batman goes to an alternate universe where the villains are heroes and the heroes are villains. Joker is Red Hood and if memory serves hes a classy motherfucker. I can't remember but I'm pretty sure this is the same universe where Batman is Owlman and Superman is Ultraman and etc.

I just don't think its a very interesting concept because Spider-man already has the jokey, silly protagonist and the villains who take everything too seriously until it becomes their downfall. I prefer a hero who is like "Stop fucking laughing. The world is ending all around us and everyone is shrugging and looking the other way. Theres no reason to laugh. We let ourselves and each other fail as a species. We should be kicking ourselves. STOP LAUGHING!"
>>
>>94213539
So you're saying neither the Joker or Batman's character are deep or strong enough to withstand being put in an alternate position in life. Good to know.
>>
>>94214153

If that's your interpretation of the comment then you're even dumber than OP.
>>
>>94212912
How would Batman terrorize Gotham from the shadows? Would he just be Rahz Al Ghul? Owlman?

Would Hero Joker be as theatrical in his heroics as his villainy?
>>
>>94214153
Considering that both of their characters are predicated on past events, I think it's a safe bet to say that swapping their childhoods and other said past events would probably result in entirely different personalities.

You fucking donut.
>>
>>94212912
It's kind of funny if you consider Batman Begins, but instead of a fear of bats it's clowns and instead of the opera, it's the circus. Then a character like Dick who comes directly from the circus has a history rooted in Joker's childhood trauma as well.
>>
Heroic bump

*Now in glorious Technicolor!*
>>
>>94212912
Isn't there a story like this coming soon?
>>
>>94216325
Not exactly the same, Batman's still a vigilante hero but Joker's a charismatic politician turning the people against him.
>>
>>94213539
dc's elseworlds is literally about exploring the possibilities and "what if's" of situations like the op described. "superman: speeding bullets" explores a situation where kal-el was discovered by thomas and martha wayne instead of the kents and a new story within which.

>>94214348
>swapping their childhoods and other said past events would probably result in entirely different personalities
that is the point.
>>
>>94216388

Okay? That's still the same character, different circumstances. Completely different from OP's situation.
>>
>>94216410
they're both about swapping circumstances, or putting one character in the circumstances of another. with "speeding bullets" clark kent traded places with bruce, with the op, bruce trades with joker. anyway, it doesn't matter if they're not exactly the same, what matters is that something new and different could be done with them.
>>
>>94216540

Except all he did was basically put Bruce in clown makup, and Joker in a Bat suit. Everything else is the same. There's nothing interesting there.
>>
>>94216570
well, he didn't elaborate much. i imagine it would be better if it were actually planned out.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.