[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do casuals love these stories so much? They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Civil War Flashpoint.png (2MB, 903x1123px) Image search: [Google]
Civil War Flashpoint.png
2MB, 903x1123px
Why do casuals love these stories so much? They're mediocre at best.
>>
>>94211940
Casuals like Flashpoint?
>>
Because someone told them those were important arcs and they don't know any better
>>
>>94211964
This. I do enjoy Flashpoint though...
>>
>>94211940
Standard who could beat who in a fight.

What they never realize is that like BvS, 90% of the time some big threat comes along at the end so you never find out who would have won, so the argument can go on for another decade.
>>
>>94211964
They're important.

And fun.
>>
File: cap thinks about civil war.jpg (78KB, 333x431px) Image search: [Google]
cap thinks about civil war.jpg
78KB, 333x431px
>>94211964
This.
>>
>>94211991
It's not that bad, but I will always feel sad for what we should have gotten instead.
>>
Civil War, for all of its flaws, has strong artwork, an understandable conflict that resonates with people about the general function of government, and lends itself to big set pieces. Plus, it has at least one crucial twist in Spidey's reveal and change of heart.

Flashpoint's a little harder to explain, but at our core, I think we'd all go back and fix something if we could, and sheer reality bending is exciting on a mainstream scale.
>>
>>94211940

Casual don't love Civil War, they love the IDEA of it. It's the most shameless example of smashing the characters against one another like action figures in history.

And for Flashpoint...I think people just like the "Thomas Wayne is Batman" angle.
>>
Marvel pushed the hell out of Civil War in the mainstream, along with cap dying.

Flashpoint I think is just from the Flashpoint Paradox movie, plus the fact that it technically lead to the new 52
>>
>>94211940
Because it's all they've read anon, they don't know any better. And casuals only dislike shit when they're told everyone hates it.
>>
>>94212436
>the fact that it technically lead to the new 52
That's not a good thing though.
>>
People like Flashpoint for the same reason women like Harley Quinn, it's just unadulterated shit and I mean this in the most neutral way possible. It has a Batman that just beats people up and shoots people, an edgy Flash villain, Aquaman and Wonder Woman are going to war, just stuff is happening that people can go "ooohhh shitttt"

Most people don't even know about the Red Hood animated movie but everyone has watched Flashpoint Paradox. No one cares about the individual dynamic of cape characters, they just want to see people with powers kill each other.
>>
>>94211940
Because they're event comics that are marketed to shit compared to your average run.

Sad fact of life; marketing can get people to buy into some dumb shit.
>>
People like flashpoint?
>>
>>94211940
flashpoint was fun until it led to company wide reboot that DC is still rebounding from. mixed feelings all around. casuals probably like flashpoint because they view it as the catalyst for nu 52.
>>
>>94211940
When they say they love Civil War and Flashpoint they often are mistaking the shitty comics for the movies that share the name. If you ask whether they read it they either never picked up an issue or only looked at the pretty pictures.
>>
>>94212766
No, but it makes Flashpoint seem more important in the larger narrative of the DCU.

Same with how Civil War sets up the status quo for the 5 years or so at marvel
>>
>>94212273
>It's the most shameless example of smashing the characters against one another like action figures in history
But that's the original Secret Wars.
>>
>>94211940
Because they're accessible.
>>
>>94212217
This guy gets it.
>>
File: 1484686529939.jpg (57KB, 636x752px) Image search: [Google]
1484686529939.jpg
57KB, 636x752px
>Anybody enjoying comic Civil War
[citation needed]
>>
>>94213145
>But that's the original Secret Wars.

And it does it better too. Secret Wars was a lot of fun for what it was. Of course having all those characters in one big event was more of a novelty back then.
>>
>>94213039
Flashpoint Paradox and The Flash's pitiful Flashpoint sucked though
>>
>>94216129
I've had someone tell me without a hint of irony that it's the "greatest Marvel comic ever"
>>
Civil War is decent. It's the standard superhero vs superhero punch-up shit, but McNiven's art is pretty.
>>
>>94211952
I saw people get really excited at the idea of the Flash movie being Flashpoint, mostly because of the "Bruce's parents as Batman & Joker" thing.
>>
>>94217977
Dunno about the TV Flashpoint but the animation was at least pretty to watch.
>>
>>94211940
Because they're cool concepts that are easy to adapt in secondary mediums like videogames or apparently movies, so not many people concern themselves with the execution of the actual thing

Plus with events like these your opinion is often filtered by the books you're personally following. I personally followed CW through Spider-Man and later a giant "Death of Captain America" collection that came up covering different POVs on the event and i had no gripes with any of it, shit was cool
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.