[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Superman went from a charismatic champion of justice to a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6906.jpg (2MB, 4000x2750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6906.jpg
2MB, 4000x2750px
>Superman went from a charismatic champion of justice to a brooding stoic manchild
>Batman went from being a logical badass detective to a borderline retarded serial killer
>Wonder Woman is only accurate when handled by Jenkins
>Aquaman is a surfer dudebro
>Flash might as well be an autistic OC
>Cyborg went from being a fun boisterous man who screams "Booyah" to a stoic quiet token black guy so he doesn't scare white audiences

What went wrong?
>>
File: 1501129784254.jpg (68KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501129784254.jpg
68KB, 1920x1080px
Snyder is where it all went wrong
>>
>>94205544
I remember Devil May Cry 2, it wasn't as golf as the first one
>>
>>94205502
Superman was never charismatic and was always a brooding stoic man child (he literally runs around in his baby blankets and has a kick ass hide out at the north pole where he keeps all his toys). He always got depressed when a new hero shows up and everyone in Metropolis likes them more than him
do you even read fucking comics? I seriously hate /co/
>>
>>94206817
>do you even read fucking comics?
Very few people on /co/ do. Then they complain about not muh. I mean it's literally what the guys behind Brave & the Bold made fun of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6UDEi8H43M
>>
>>94206892
Brave and Bold was so good.
I think its that /co/ never reads anything old really.
>>
>>94206892
Lex was a fat ugly man in that series, not muh lex
>>
>>94205502
The thing with Batman is completely fine in the context of the movie's script. It is a direct take on TDKR Batman, who becomes Batman again after serious disillusionment with society. He becomes less about helping people and more about a massive revenge fantasy against criminals. He no longer cares if people die. His allies are soldiers and his enemies are soulless scum.

The entire plot of BvS is about saying "fuck TDKR, real superheroes are heroes first".

The problems are

1) Snyder was obsessed with making painting-esque visuals, which isn't necessarily a bad thing in a movie based on comic books, but his attempt to convey Superman's internal conflict to the audience solely through dark visuals backfired and made him more like Miracleman or Dr. Manhattan than Superman, and

2) someone in the studio (most likely Johns) was obsessed with the cinematic universe horseshit, so shoved Doomsday in to create more continuity with MoS and an awful version of Wonder Woman to tie-in to Justice League. This just goes even further towards making the actual plot and themes incomprehensible.

Overall the movie had the exact same problems as Iron Man 2, yet people like to conveniently forget about that movie to continue the narrative that the MCU is perfect.

They should have let Terrio and Affleck direct BvS, because Snyder directing a campy action flick like Justice League would have been fine.

Also, next time leave out the line about Cyborg, it makes it too obvious that the thread is bait.

>>94206974
It's gotten so bad that they don't even read Millerbats, the most entry level shit there is. All they do is look at badly artifacted JPEGs of pages from All-Star Superman, the FUCKING ATTOSECOND bullshit meme image and that terrible "Hawksnarl" copypasta and think that equates to knowing what they're talking about.
>>
>>94205544
I can't stand Snyder either, but red skies have an in comics precedent for either being present during, or telegraphing the quickly at things emergence of a Crisis.I couldn't stand the dusk timing of Superman's fight with Zod when he was supposed to formally be standing out on the public stage for the first time, but I have no problem with red skies in Justice League, in fact it was one of the things I liked most about the sneak peak from this past weekend.
>>
>>94207282
not to mention that cherrypicking images from youtube videos is kinda bad. The movie is meant to be seen in the theater.
>>
>>94206817
i still want to see him emote when he's hit, exerting himself and such, like MoS when it's just dudes looking serious and slapping each other without consequence it gets dumb fast
>>
>>94207133
Lex was always a Yo-Yo dieter
>>
>>94205502
>not liking Brave and Bold Aquaman
>>
>>94207351
Cherry picking any shot from an action sequence is bad
>>
>DCEU Flash
>Introvert
>Says lame jokes that are worse than Wally's
Its in the ballpark
>>
>>94206817
Go to bed Snyder. You don't read comics.
>>
>>94205502
>only accurate when handled by Jenkins
And here I thought /co/ hated Jenkins. Funny how that worked out.
>>
>>94210306
Funny thing is out of all the movies /co/ Blames Snyder for WW is the only movie he has any writing credit on. Really makes you think
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.