[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The bending styles all have rare unique sub skills. Earthbending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

The bending styles all have rare unique sub skills.

Earthbending has metalbending and the even rarer lavabending. Perhaps you could consider sandbending to be one as well.

Waterbending has bloodbending and I believe there was mudbending at one point.

Firebending has lightning bending

Airbending has....astral projection?

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking with that last one?
>>
astral projection is a skill any bender can unlock.

earth has metal, lava, sand, and mud

water has blood, healing, and mud

air has flight

fire has lightning, chi scanning(the old lady that found korra and put her in the magic water for the avatar wan episodes), combustion, and heat(sozin sucked the heat out of lava and redirected it into the air during the avatar roku flashbacks)
>>
Water also has plantbending
>>
>>94203066
Airbending had flying. Astral projection was some religious shit. It's as if you didn't watch the show,
>>
>>94203223
Jinora implies or outright says that Astral Projection is a high level airbender move with spiritual stuff thrown in. It's stupid i know, and it doesn't make much sense, but that's what they said.
>>
Didn't people theorize that the hidden skill of airbending would be like, 'voidbending', using airbending to control the absence of air?
>>
>>94204319
It was used in both shows so no need for theorizing.
>>
>>94203223
>>94203308
flight was a complete asspull though. It didn't really make sense with the logic that all bending have fluid movements to bend the element
>>
>>94204696
Made perfect sense to me. We've seen several times in AVLA and Korra that if skilled enough you don't need the physical movements to bend. Bumi did it to escape and liberate Omashu, Iroh did it to breath fire, Yakone and Noatak did it through bloodbending. Did you actually watch the show?
>>
>>94205184
They all used moves though, just very small ones.
>>
>>94203066
It's high level hackbending. Or perhaps low level. They're sort of one in the same.
>>
Earthbending- metalbending and lavabending
Airbending- astral projection and flight
Firebending- lightningbending and combustionbending
Waterbending- spiritbending and bloodbending
>>
>>94205394
zaheer was able to fly by bending the air around him with controlled movements of his sphincter
>>
>>94203066
Water also has plants
>>
File: BILL.jpg (11KB, 404x250px)
BILL.jpg
11KB, 404x250px
>Airbending can be used to amplify sound, as shown when Aang blows the bison whistle.
>The concept of soundbending is never explored
>>
>>94203223
>>94203308
>>94205992
>airbending has flight
>basing canon off of TLK
Korra completely retconned the entire Avatar lineage and the spirit world. Why in the world would you consider anything after that canon?
>>
File: ebc.gif (2MB, 299x240px)
ebc.gif
2MB, 299x240px
>>94203066
>not wanting to fly
nigga you gay
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.