[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are all the heroes from the Disney renaissance such terrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: g1vzo5rtkgu4fsn55vc2.jpg (45KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
g1vzo5rtkgu4fsn55vc2.jpg
45KB, 620x470px
Why are all the heroes from the Disney renaissance such terrible fighters? Simba struggles beating down his mangy 90-year old uncle. The Beast jobs to a fucking frenchman who barely even uses his weapons. The only one with a valid excuse is Aladdin because he was fighting a giant snake, but still, he had a sword, just hit its everything.
>>
>>94202569
The Beast is also a fucking frenchman.
>>
>>94202569
Scar has been fighting a lot longer than Simba and is still relatively fit while Simba spent most his life as a lazy layabout eating bugs, Gascoigne was an absolute marvel of human fitness who has been hunting dangerous beasts his whole life.

If anything I'd say the best example of actual jobbing is the unnaturally strong Quasimodo nearly being killed by a 60 or older judge.
>>
>>94202569
>>94203183
>Simba spent most his life as a lazy layabout eating bugs
The climax of the Lion King was a NEET beating up an old man.
>>
Simba ate only bugs since he was a kid. Beast was up against the kinda guy that knifes bears for sport, didn't have problems clobbering a wolf pack. What about
Hercules, or Merlin, or Scrooge
>>
>>94202569
Do you know how tough a big snake is? When I lived in South East Asia, I heard my teachers tell tales of how a gisnt python came to their village amd machettes bounces off while not really cutting a lot in one swing (very tight snake muscles). And my dad on border patrol ate a big ass python with his unit, and he said it was so hard to cut it's muscles up
>>
>>94203106
No, he's a fucking Beast. Gaston is just some delusional hick who almost kicks him to death. The Beast even had the home field advantage.
>>
File: Planning.jpg (68KB, 335x441px) Image search: [Google]
Planning.jpg
68KB, 335x441px
>>94203229
>Scrooge
>Hero
>>
>>94203263
This
Big snakes are no fucking jokes, things are basically nothing but super dense muscle. A snake as big as Jafar would be like trying to cut through a steel cable covered with hardened leather
>Leather isn't hard to cut through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmdZYXu4zVw
>>
>>94202569
Because dramatic effect. It would be boring if the heroes kicked the villains asses effortlessly at the end of the movie.
>>
>>94202569
because noone roots for an accomplished warrior who can waste their villain in a few seconds. A protagonist who isn't skilled but gets there is more relatable.

Scar btw should have won that. He was experienced, had morale, had a meat diet. Simba spent his youth being a beta and eating bugs so his teeth should have fallen out the moment he bit something
>>
>>94203323
Still a French beast.
>>
>>94203389
is leather tough depending on the direction and method of bladed attack? I mean does it block close up stabs with a knife?
>>
>>94202569
because the fights aren't about autistic powerlevels, they are thematic struggles first and foremost. read a fucking book
>>
>>94204087
A more accurate way of putting it is that often, the hero vs. the villain is the climax of the movie, and climax should be exciting. Some stuff subverts this, like Kung-fu Panda 2 (and obviously the kung-fu movie structure it follows) where the climax is the hero realizing his full potential, and the final conflict is instead a STEEP falling action where the enemy doesn't stand a chance against the enlightened hero.
>>
File: Simba.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Simba.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>>94202569
How would Simba's pride Simba handle Scar? Or better yet, how would he fair against his dad who was considered beastly in a fight?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>94203323
Beast wasn't even fighting back, and he had an arrow in his back. Once he saw Belle again, he had Gaston beaten and begging for his life within moments.

Look at this bitchass nigga, shitting himself right before your very eyes.

No one pussies out in the face of certain death like Gaston!
>>
Those are not super heroes or shonen protags.
>>
>>94205434
>Nooo one
>fights like Gaston
>noone jobs like Gaston
>noone falls of french castles and screams like Gaston!
>>
File: Tarzan-disneyscreencaps.com-8499.jpg (326KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tarzan-disneyscreencaps.com-8499.jpg
326KB, 1920x1080px
>>94202569
Tarzan does pretty well for himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u630r-mrOKY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6yAHl9sDK8
>>
>>94204210
Everything depends on method of attack, generally speaking even denim is pretty good at defending against cuts, people tend to test swords against easy to cut shit like watermelons and fully exposed ballistics gel as a viable testing method and severely underestimate how much protection even a little bit of clothing can provide.

Generally speaking leather is not a very good material for armour and wasn't used a whole lot, because yes, a pointed tip can go through it relatively easy (small, concentrated puncturing motion vs. drawing motion against a large surface area). Gambeson was usually a better alternative, cheaper and does the same thing.
>>
File: The USA without weapons.png (219KB, 2048x1056px) Image search: [Google]
The USA without weapons.png
219KB, 2048x1056px
>>94202569
>a fucking frenchman
still butthurt after the "NO" for Iraq War I see.
>>
>>94202569
>The Beast jobs to a fucking frenchman

The Beast was perfectly content to let Gaston kill him until the very end when he bitchslaps him off of the castle, you mong.
>>
>>94206483

That was some real shit right there
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.