[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Batman make a point of tracking down every new/new-ish hero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: 1475612383462.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1475612383462.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
Does Batman make a point of tracking down every new/new-ish hero on the scene to threaten them, telling them he's watching and if they step out of line he's taking them down?
>>
yes he's a cunt
>>
>>94198434
it's wolverine syndrome, batman helps to sell the comics of less popular heroes.
>>
>>94198434
Yeah seems about right.

12-4 Hero Duties
4-6 Hero Consultations
>>
A Batman guest appearance is the same as a Wolverine guest appearance. It's a desperate attempt to boost the sales of a dying book
>>
>>94198434
He has Damian on the Teen Titans, Dick on the Titans, Jason with the Outlaws, Barbara with the Birds of Prey, the entire Detective Comics team, Katana on the Suicide Squad, the Outsiders, the JLA, and the Justice League proper.

He's got a hand in all of these teams
>>
Sometimes he puts Alfred in the cowl and sends him if hes stretched really thin he sends Ace the bat hound
>>
>>94198434
Once. I like to see one hero tell Batman to fuck off and then just laugh at his powerless ass.

Kinda like Flash and Wondy does sometimes, except they don't laugh at him.
>>
>>94200134
I would love to write this.

Like, Bruce comes out of the shadows and is half a second from lecturing some newbie hero, but the dude's superhuman reflexes let him clock Batman a good one before he gets a word out.
>>
>>94200134
>>94200389
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmBzP9fBVyM
>>
>>94200134
Eh, Batman would just scowl and do that squinty eyed thing.
>>
>>94198434
Is that a JoJo reference?
>>
>>94199975
Does he dress Ace up like Batman?
>>
>>94200134
Swamp Thing gave his argument to Batman DMX-style when Swampy was trying to rescue his wife from prison.
>>
>>94200134
>Once. I like to see one hero tell Batman to fuck off and then just laugh at his powerless ass.

Mr. Terrific did that. Sort of.

He tried to shake Batman's hand when they met, but Batman scowled at him and grappled away. Terrific caught up to him instantly, cut him off and told him to stop being a prick and shake his hand.

That was the moment that made me like the Johns-era Mr. Terrific.
>>
>>94198506
The difference is Batman is used MUCH more. Even in animated movies they need to put Batman in it to get the green light. Not only that, but every single event needs to revolve around Batman now. When was the last time a major story for DC as a whole didn't have Batman as one of if not the most important character?
>>
>>94200980
I like the guy already.
>>
>>94200990
The Multiversity.
Convergence.
>>
File: JohnStewart51.jpg (193KB, 650x990px) Image search: [Google]
JohnStewart51.jpg
193KB, 650x990px
>>94200134
>Once. I like to see one hero tell Batman to fuck off and then just laugh at his powerless ass.
>>
>>94200990
Major Events? I can only name two:>>94201041
>>
>>94198434
Yes, incompetence shouldn't be awarded with the benefit of the doubt.

Heroes should control each other and be in charge of their community, the alternative is someone fucking up and ending with the governments getting involved, after parallax or even closer to hone with Jean paul, batman is justified, but that used to be the job of the JSA and to a lesser extent the jla, not batman's, sadly DC doesn't care about that shit anymore and it's easier and cheaper to just turn barman into an angry boss.
>>
>>94200980
>Johns's batman
>>
>>94200980
>>94201095

>Mr. Terrific BTFO Batman
>John Stewart BTFO Batman

So was the Geoff Johns version of Batman scared of black people?
>>
>>94201095
>I'm tired of you disrespecting of the guy who beat me up, stole my ring power and left me for dead in the vacuum of space!
>>
>>94201293
He also wrote Hal and (white) Wally BTFO Batman so I don't know
>>
>>94200990
If you want really big event, forever evil I guess?
small event, superman reborn and lazarus contract
>>
>>94200980
>He tried to shake Batman's hand when they met, but Batman scowled at him and grappled away. Terrific caught up to him instantly, cut him off and told him to stop being a prick and shake his hand.

This scene.
>>
>>94201293

I think Johns just doesn't like Batman (or the more modern "always right" version of Batman) and has whoever he's currently writing tell him off at least once.
>>
>>94201364
>FAIRPLAY
>FAIRPLAY
Please tell me Mr Terrific is all about fighting fair.
>>
>>94201364
Mr. Terrific is pretty based.
Why doesn't he have a bigger fan base?
>>
>>94200990
>Batman is used much more
No, not really. Wolverine was used exactly as much in the 90's. It's just Marvel is pushing against the X-Men so Wolverine fallen out of favour (despite being easily one of the most popular Marvel characters). But a while back Wolverine was exactly as oversaturated as Batman.
>>
>>94200980
Link, please and thank you.
>>
>>94201402
Not enough exposition I guess.
>>
>>94201398

It's a callback to the original Mr. Terrific, Terry Sloane, who created a group called the "Fair Play Club" to combat juvenile delinquency and also wore "FAIR PLAY" on his costume and adopted it as his motto. Michael Holt, after a number of personal tragedies, learns of the original Mr. Terrific and was inspired to take up the name and motto.
>>
>>94201494

Page got posted >>94201364
>>
>>94200869
Yes
>>
>>94201807
Meant like a DL link to the comic.
>>
>>94198434
Do you think one of the new superhuman superheros could just grab Batman and molest him right then and there and Batman wouldn't be able to do anything about it because he wasn't prepared to be molested?
>>
>>94202079
Batman always prepares. He'd have a spiky anti-rape condom in his ass.
>>
>>94202109
No, that's the Joker that has that.
>>
>>94201364
Where is that from? I can't find any info on a series called "Mister Terrific Michael Holt" so I assume that's not the title, despite the filename.
And it seems to not be from his new52 ongoing, either.
>>
>>94200919
Still on the very short list of people who've whupped Batman's ass, then never got beaten an issue or two later in a comeback fight.

At the top of the list, really, given that Swampy didn't just kick Batman's ass (and he really really did) but all of Gotham's, too (in a way that part of the city actually loved him for it, even).

Really, what I'm saying here, is that everyone should read those issues of Swamp Thing.
>>
>>94200134
>Wondy does sometimes
Can't really think of any instances besides Hetekia and League of One. Though come to think of it, it's kind of odd how her two most well known OGNs have Batman as a major antagonist. Huh.

Also, I guess there was the box thing, but that was indirect.
>>
>>94200869
It's an animatronic robot suit and it uses a voice distorter on Ace's growling.
>>
>>94201395
He doesn't like batman. Is that simple.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.