[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So you have to defeat and take over the other nations, but your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Film_-_Ozai.png (86KB, 200x218px) Image search: [Google]
Film_-_Ozai.png
86KB, 200x218px
So you have to defeat and take over the other nations, but your army can only manipulate fire, like in the movie. How would you do it?
>>
have tanks and shit while other armies can only dance pebbles while living in the stone age
>>
>>94190301
While everything about the movie was terrible, Shamalamadingdong did raise a really good point with that. It doesn't make sense that Firebenders can spontaneously generate fire, when no other benders can. Hell, the human body is made of water, but Waterbenders still can't conjure water.
>>
>>94190337
this
>>
1. dedicate every aspect of life in the land (raw resources, human res., tech., traditions...) to the military.
2. learn from the past - eliminate the hindrance of the past conquest (the Avatar)
3. eliminate the direct counter to your element (water benders)
4. bide your time until you are at your strongest
6. ...
7. VICTORY

#OZAIDIDEVERYTHINGRIGHT
>>
>>94190372
>It doesn't make sense that Firebenders can spontaneously generate fire, when no other benders can.
It makes sense from a narrative and visual perspective.

The movements associated with firebending don't really work if you have to always manipulate it from a brazier, and that limitation is a major disadvantage over the other benders, who are likely to have water, earth, or air no matter where they go, compared to fire which is rarer. In a show about balance, that doesn't quite work.

The in universe explanation is that it comes from their own chi, which if you stretch it, can be justified with the fact that a combustion-like process happens throughout the human body constantly.
>>
>>94192933
Which is how they justify lightning bending
>>
>>94192933
Honestly they could have justified it with some gloves that make sparks or whatever.
>>
>>94193145
The whole time while reading that I kept thinking of something like that, Roy Mustang was on my mind immediately.
>>
>>94190372
They use their fucking Chi, it's all goddamn magic to begin with. See >>94192933

>>94194225
Also that dude in Rurouni Kenshin
>>
>>94190301
give them guns.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.