[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /co/ i'm a sort of conspiracy enthusiast and a New

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: Ajna Chakra.jpg (352KB, 974x1514px) Image search: [Google]
Ajna Chakra.jpg
352KB, 974x1514px
Hello /co/ i'm a sort of conspiracy enthusiast and a New Age kind of guy and i'm looking for some inspiration in comics.

I like stuff like Grant Morrison's Invisibles and Doom Patrol, Ostander's Suicide Squad, Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron, Peter Milligan's Egypt and so on.

Last time i asked around people recommended me Saucer County, Puma Blues and Moench's Big Book of conspiracies and they were all great, but maybe you have something more?

Shoukd i check out The Question? I remember some issues being very psychedelic and surreal in storytelling
>>
File: 2000 AD - Slaine 17.jpg (74KB, 388x601px) Image search: [Google]
2000 AD - Slaine 17.jpg
74KB, 388x601px
>>94190232
The surreal, psychedelic Question issues you're looking for would be Rick Veitch's short mini. It's pretty good stuff, although Denny O'Neil's 80s run is leagues better.

Far as New Age and weird stuff goes, I'd recommend checking out some of Pat Mills' work. Sláine for Celtic-based New Age fantasy, Finn for paganism mixed with government conspiracies, and Greysuit for just full-on govt conspiracies. Sláine is the easiest to find.
>>
>>94190311

Thank you my dude.
>>
File: Prophet_45-1.png (185KB, 477x734px) Image search: [Google]
Prophet_45-1.png
185KB, 477x734px
I also really liked the Prophet revival, it was really good.
>>
>>94190232
Transmetropolitan
Umbrella Academy
Nevada by Steve Gerber
Rogan Gosh
Paul Auster's City of Glass

You might wanna look into Helix. DC imprint from the 90s. They had a lot of Sci-Fi/Sci-Fantasy stuff you might like. It’s where Transmetropolitan started.
>>
>Adam Sarlech by Frederic Bezian
Gothic European Twin Peaks? there's a hardcover available from Humanoids but no english/translated scans I know of.
>Hellboy by Mike Mignola
specifically the middle of the series when he's just wandering around meeting creation myths and trickster gods.
>Bacchus by Eddie Campbell
aging greek gods hang out in bars and remember the good ole days.
>Rachel Rising by Terry Moore
Supernatural/witchcraft murder mystery(?) set in modern day.
>>
>>94190773

I've been after Nevada scans since forever, but never seem to find a live torrent.
>>
>>94190232
>Moench's Big Book of conspiracies

That has a sequel called The Big Book of the Unexplained.
>>
File: Okay_then.jpg (210KB, 499x768px) Image search: [Google]
Okay_then.jpg
210KB, 499x768px
>>94190232
Try Ellis' Injection.
>>
>>94190981

>Try Ellis anything

thanks but no thanks
>>
>>94191019
Fair enough.

Maybe Bryan Talbot is more your thing.
>>
File: 1423724011960.jpg (482KB, 1200x1812px) Image search: [Google]
1423724011960.jpg
482KB, 1200x1812px
>>94190232
>conspiracy enthusiast and a New Age kind of guy
I'd recommend the works of Warren Ellis, in particular the Bad Word/Bad Signal duology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_World
>I like stuff like Grant Morrison's Invisibles and Doom Patrol, Ostander's Suicide Squad, Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron, Peter Milligan's Egypt and so on.
Try reading Peter Milligan's run on Shade: The Changing Man. It's pretty "out" there. Also, from Morrison, try Sebastian O and Kid Eternity.

>Last time i asked around people recommended me Saucer County, Puma Blues and Moench's Big Book of conspiracies and they were all great, but maybe you have something more?
I have a feeling like you would be in to Dave Sim's Cerebus. It's a very philosophical work that tackled a lot of these ideas.
>>
>>94191104

I'll look into him, thanks.
>>
>>94190937
Here you go
http://libgen.io/comics/index.php?s=nevada+1998

Copy the FTP links and replace the ftp:// at the beginning for http:// and they should download
>>
>>94191518

Damn that's solid my dude, thanks a bunch
>>
>conspiracy
Try Mind MGMT and Black Monday murders.
>>
>>94190232
Grimjack had quite a bit of that
>>
>>94190232
I'd say to check out Milligan's Shade, the Changing Man, and the Prez issue of Gaiman's Sandman (#54)

I'd also say to check out the Scooby Doo Mystery Inc cartoon.

On the /lit/ side, in case you haven't already, then Foucault's Pendulum and the Illuminatus! Trilogy are mandatory. I'd also recommend Peter Watts' Rifters Trilogy.
>>
>>94190232
Batman Odyssey
>>
>>94190232
>Hello /co/ i'm a sort of conspiracy enthusiast and a New Age kind of guy and i'm looking for some inspiration in comics.

For New Age stuff try Forming and the Arthesia series.
XIII does conspiracy pretty well, just quit once you reach their public mock trial.
>>
>>94190232
Try Promethea, The Unwritten and Last Look.
For manga try the works of Naoki Urasawa.
>>
>>94190232
Hickman's nightly news, Pax Romana and black Monday murders.
>>
Getting down some good suggestions here, thanks fellas
>>
>>94190232
have you read Nameless by Morrison? sounds like it's just what you are looking for
>>
File: age of reason.jpg (353KB, 1238x967px) Image search: [Google]
age of reason.jpg
353KB, 1238x967px
>>94194648

I did and i didn't like it. It was edgy and boring, and just felt Grant showing off his encyclopedic knowledge of Occult lore and concepts. Compared to the Invisibles Vol I (pic related) and Doom Patrol it reads like self-parody.

What i was looking for is more along the lines of Veitch's The Question, Puma Blues and Nevada.
>>
bumpsky
>>
Ghost Dancing
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.