[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I actually love this series of movies but I'm afraid it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Kung-Fu-Panda-3-Furious-Five-Po.jpg (165KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kung-Fu-Panda-3-Furious-Five-Po.jpg
165KB, 1000x500px
I actually love this series of movies but I'm afraid it's getting milked way too much for its own good.

I mean, a TV show? Really?
>>
>>94188622
The TV actually wasn't all that bad. I mean, it's not the savior of western animation, but considering the majority of shit that was on Nicktoons at the time (excluding TMNT) it was pretty fun.
>>
>>94188680
It's not the quality I'm worried about, it's the charm of the series. Didn't they mention it's still going to have three movie sequels or something? Isn't that way too ambitious?
>>
>>94188622
Just ignore the TV show. It's inconsequential.
>>
>>94189101
Jeffry Katzenberg said dreamworks is planning on 6 films but it doesn't necessarily mean there WILL be 6 films
>>
Never even saw the third one. Dreamworks in general just kind of petered out. How to Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda were huge for their first movies and then people just kind of stopped caring.
>>
>>94188622
It's out of steam by now. I liked the first 2 films but the 3rd was a bore and there doesn't seem to be much interest for a new one. I think TV may be the only avenue for it to be milked more, a new movie would probably sink.
>>
>>94190577
They delayed it or released it early (not sure which) to make room for Star Wars. It was released in January, like the deadzone of movies in the year.

The movie was still pretty good though. just slightly worse than the first two.
>>
>>94190646
KFP 3 made more money than the other two.
But it really was so dull compared with the other two.
>>
>>94188622
The TV show is fine really. Though as expected it does take some liberties with some stuff and plots tend to go "off". There was this one episode where Po uses time travel seeds and actually goes back to the beginning of time. There's even Tai Lung's nephew. It's inoffensive and could be entertaining.
>>
>>94188622
Dude, the "TV Show" premiered six years ago. Kind of late to complain about the cow getting milked when that milk is so old it's now dust.
>>
Kfp should end with 3. I mean Po mastered king fu, chi energy, found his father and is now a teacher. What else can you do after that? he practically reached the endgame. Only thing they might do is make a movie where he gets a love interest and throw in a random villian for plot which I don't want to happen because it'll feel cheesy and out of place.
>>
>>94188622
Every Dreamworks franchise that successful enough gets milked way too much for its own good.
>>
>>94190765
it did? I remember when they were talking about MAKING a tv show. I feel old
>>
Dreamworks renaissance when? Take out Kung-fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon and they've had nothing memorable since Wallace and Grommit in fucking 2005. Hell, would we even call it a renaissance? Dreamworks has never even had three good movies in a row.
>>
File: kOyTZn5.jpg (65KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
kOyTZn5.jpg
65KB, 1366x768px
Worst thing about the show was that Lucy Liu still voiced Viper. All of the other Furious Five members got a ton of episodes, but Viper got one episode in the entire run of the show. She barely spoke half of the time, because Lucy Liu was still too big of a celebrity for them to afford using constantly.

I assume she only took the role because she had some contractual claim to it.

There were some weird episodes.
>>
>>94190923
IMO Fenghuang, the alligators and the warthog father and son were the only good villains in the show
>>
File: MeiLing2_zpseed0a1f7.jpg (40KB, 1024x574px) Image search: [Google]
MeiLing2_zpseed0a1f7.jpg
40KB, 1024x574px
>>94190997
I liked Shifu's fox girlfriend. She was technically a villain in her episodes, even if she was redeemed.
>>
looks bad
>>
>>94190923
saw that episode.

the saving grace of the TV show is at least the other members of the five (and shifu) gets a chance to shine.
>>
>>94190577
How To Train Your Dragon is still pretty big in Germany tho, it was mostly incompetence from Netflix and CN caused people to stop caring. I wouldn't even be surprised if Germany would be thier most important market considering how big that franchise is here.
>>
>>94188622
The tv show was better than the last movie, dude. All them waifus, Po's continuous trouble with hooved women wanting some panda pounding...loved it. If only it had been done for Netflix. Nick's cgi crew sucks. That and the constant power-ramping Po was doing was a bad idea.
>>
>>94190790
That is of course their stated business model; to find a franchise they can milk for many sequels.
>>
Am I time travelling? Why the fuck is this thread happening now?

We're already three movies in, the fourth one will be made, and the show has had several seasons already.
>>
>>94188622
2 > 1 > 3
>>
>>94193910

>what is Disney in the 90s
>what is modern Pixar
>>
I think a Netflix series could work if they picked it up like they did with HTTYD
>>
>>94188622
I liked the show, only ever saw the first movie though.
>>94190997
The big bull was always fun IMO.
>>
>>94196171
Oh yeah I forgot he existed. I like him too
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.