[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you still in mourning, here's a normie meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (199KB, 1280x1123px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199KB, 1280x1123px
For those of you still in mourning, here's a normie meme starring your favorite Penders IP.
>>
>>94186516
>your favorite Penders IP.
i mean Penders came up with the hackneyed "evil version of a good guy" probably lifted from Star Trek. but Scourge was redefined and improved by Ian Flynn
hell that whole evil dimension was whole sale improved by him.
without him we wouldn't have the hate past image
>>
>>94186591
Still not enough to make him an original and Abe him from the first wave of house cleaning.
>>
>>94186516
>Mourning
I did that when they rebooted the setting to incorporate Sonic Adventure.
>>
>>94186591
I'm still upset that Penders managed to bullshit his way into taking out Scourge

>>94187864
They covered Sonic Adventure pre-reboot though
>>
>>94186591
I loved the setup they had for the return of the anti-freedom fighters with Miles being the evil mastermind.
>>
>>94187948
>They covered Sonic Adventure pre-reboot though
and it was one of the biggest dumpster fires the comic ever had
>>
Scurge?
>>
>>94186591
Penders owns the rights to Evil Sonic, he's listed him among the characters he gained from the aftermath of the lawsuit. Penders can legally use him and profit off of his existence without any legal action from Sega.

He also owns Robotnik's alternate universe counterpart Robo-Robotnik.
>>
File: toystory3-04.jpg (20KB, 536x300px) Image search: [Google]
toystory3-04.jpg
20KB, 536x300px
>His credit card gets declined at Chili's on your 10th birthday

I don't like this meme.
>>
File: 449.png (126KB, 287x343px) Image search: [Google]
449.png
126KB, 287x343px
>ywn see Scourge in the idw series
>>
I have a poster of the first scourge cover framed for safe keeping, maybe it will be worth something to another autist soneday
>>
>>94190438
if he ever did come back, he should be the exact same character, by which I mean the only refugee from pre-reboot archie. They can use the warp rings as an excuse and make him go mad when he realizes no one remembers him and that he should not exist anymore
>>
>>94186516
Only reason people like Scourge is because he was Archie-canon Psyguy.
>>
>>94190885
Any idea what happened to him after the tumblr crusade?
>>
>>94189897

He's full of shit.
>>
>>94189897
This is technically false.
The case was settled out of court, and all that happened is that Archie agreed to not use them without paying him. Ownership of them was never legally decided, as Sega never stepped into court and are the actual Sonic IP holders that need to contest his claims.
>>
File: file.png (38KB, 577x209px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
38KB, 577x209px
>>94190438
You will never see the idw series.
Penders&co. are taking them down, motherfucker.
>>
>>94192165
how recent are these because if this is after the announcement i can only think that he intends to make money off of lawsuits
like this dude knows that IDW and whoever else isnt like wringing their hands chuckling about how they aren't paying people. more than likely there are some specific ass contract stipulations that say that they are only paid in certain circumstances.
that said this only really only encourages people to try and fuck over Penders even harder. for IDW or SEGA to find ways to print old Archie stuff without needed to pay him a cent cause they can see if you give this guy and ince he'll take a mile so all the more reason to cut him out completely
>>
>>94189897
>He also owns Robotnik's alternate universe counterpart Robo-Robotnik.
So that's why Eggman relaunched universe in a way that he'd had "always" been the real Robotnik.
>>
>>94192914
>how recent are these
5 hours ago
>>
>>94192165
Fucking hell, he'll never stop, will he? The rest of his life is dedicated to killing all Sonic comics.
>>
>>94192165
>>94193318
dude is basically black listed by now right?
>>
>>94192165
Hopefully IDW actually have the fucking contract this time around and he can be told to fuck off
>>
>>94193983
rest assured that boondogle that was the Archie case was a fluke caused by Archie's mismanegment that happened to play out in his favor
>>
>>94194016
>caused by Archie's mismanegment
More like Penders stole the contract
>>
>>94192165
Penders really needs to fuck off. You got your shitty OC's, now go away
>>
>>94191172
He went on a tumblr crusade? What happened?
>>
>>94194028
I wouldn't fucking doubt that. He's delusional enough to think he was in the right. Money on he destroyed the copy he likely had.
>>
>>94194782
Otherway around. He got exposed as an abusive boyfriend and a pedophile. He disappeared from the net for a while, but he came back as a letsplayer under some dumbass new name.
>>
>>94192165
Okay, can someone bring me up to speed? What the fuck is he talking about? Why would artists for IDW be paid for DC Comics work? Is this a typo?
>>
Based Penders getting rid of shitty Sonic products. Bless.
>>
>>94193981
>dude is basically black listed by now right?

By who?

Most publishers don't keep up with autistic Sonic the Hedgehog drama. They just look at resumes and experience.

Penders got to do the DVD cover for Shout Factory's Sonic series collection because no one beyond autists on the internet know about the drama. All Shout Factory cared about was that he was a professional artist who had worked with the IP before. And that's all anyone else will ever care about.
>>
>>94193981
He'll never work anything even close to the mainstream again.
>>
>>94194999
DC produced Star Trek comics in the 80s, IDW now owns the distribution rights to those comics. Penders thinks IDW should pay royalties to the artists who originally drew those comics (which I guarantee you they have no legal responsibility to do).

Penders generally seems to be under the mistaken impression that artists-for-hire hold some ownership over their work in perpetuity, like the architect who designed your house getting to demand you pay him a fee for living in it for the rest of your life.
>>
>>94195631

>Embarrassingly bad Archie Sonic comics.
>Mainstream

Spergo, he never worked in anything mainstream PERIOD. Don't give you obsession so much credit.
>>
>>94195665
Archie comics is a mainstream publisher. If you're some capeshitter babby who thinks Image is indie you might perceive Archie as a fringe pub, but it really isn't.
>>
>>94195696

Archie Riverdale comics are mainstream.

Archie Sonic comics were never aimed at anything other than the most deep-spectrum niche autists.
>>
>>94195486
Comics publishers have blacklisted even less prolific writers for far, far less m8. There's a reason he never went back to Image after TLO #1.
>>
>>94195704
Archie Sonic floppies were sold in supermarkets for over a decade and outpaced Archie floppies 2:1 even at their lowest. They were still stocked in several bookstores before the 2016 hiatus.

They weren't huge, but they sure as fuck were mainstream.
>>
>>94196080
People don't realize how small an industry comics are. People have ruined career opportunities by making asses of themselves in small zines. Fucking around in the context of a long-running well selling comic is going to be noticed.
I guarantee even the big two guys are at least aware that Penders is trouble.
>>
>>94195486

I don't know if "shut down a comic series with a frivolous lawsuit" is something a publisher likes to see on a resume.
>>
File: STC100-SuperSonic.jpg (93KB, 652x678px) Image search: [Google]
STC100-SuperSonic.jpg
93KB, 652x678px
>>94186516
>or those of you still in mourning

You people haven't mourned enough like me.
Being a britfag is suffering
>>
>>94192914
>he intends to make money off of lawsuits

Well, no one in his right mind will hire him so I guess this is all that he has left.
>>
>>94196351
>Well, no one in his right mind will hire him so I guess this is all that he has left.

His wife is a doctor and the breadwinner of the family. Basically, he just sits comfortably at home all day, jazzing over his Sonic the Hedgehog fanfics.

Basically, every Sonic autists dream come true.
>>
>>94196300
Who is this? I don't remember this from archie
>>
>>94196173
Exactly.

Other companies, like media distributors (Shout Factory), aren't going to put as much thought into this stuff, but even a tiny snag can ruin you in comics if you aren't already big enough.

Shit, Chuck Austen was just RUDE and produced some Superman comics people didn't like, and he's blacklisted from DC. He works in the animation field now. Orson Scott Card lost his chance to write Superman because enough people bitched about his feelings on homosexuality. Trademarking characters without contacting the publisher and constantly talking trash about them is a WAY bigger deal. Why do you think Ian never complains about Archie or shits on Ken?
>>
>>94193983
He's talking about a contract he had at DC. DC's loophole was selling the reprint rights to avoid royalties. His issue isn't with IDW, but he thinks he can get a foot in the door by doing this. "I'll drop all this is we can come to a licensing agreement with my Sonic characters."
>>
Do you think Penders will sue SEGA next?
>>
>>94196822
He already sued Sega.
Archie sued him.
How many times do we have to go over this.
>>
>>94190743
Is he going to be in Sonic Forces; the bonus chapters of course because that's a twist I'd pay for.
>>
>>94194890
What's his new name? I remember I found his old facebook photos of him and some young looking girl (19 or early 20's) wearing a onesie while they were both opening MLP Christmas presents. Of course I never saved any so none of you are going to believe me
>>
>>94186516
>Chili's
>Not Olive garden
>Not Texas roadhouse
Well fuck you anyway Dad
>>
>>94197293
Yes, but will he sue Sega again anyways?
>>
>>94196472
EU Sonic the Comic's depiction of Super Sonic
>>
File: 1395464495421.jpg (219KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
1395464495421.jpg
219KB, 900x1273px
>>94186516
I miss Shard more than Scourge.
>>
>>94186516
>penders
get out
>>
>>94195486
That's not true at all. In the comic world artists can be blacklisted for stealing, and being complete douchebags. Although I'm not sure they'd blacklist him for trying to get royalties for his own stuff. Though the Archie fire stuff was suspect.
>>
>>94199985
>he'd rather go to olive garden than chilis
this is why your dad didnt like you
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.