[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that American police have proven themselves to be largely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1647204985734.jpg (154KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1647204985734.jpg
154KB, 1600x900px
Now that American police have proven themselves to be largely incompetent, will we begin to see the rise of real life vigilantes?

Will the more realistic takes on the comic book world begin to seep into real life?
>>
>>94185848
>Now that American police have proven themselves to be largely incompetent, will we begin to see the rise of real life vigilantes?
>Takes a look at Philippines
Might be good.
>>
>>94185848
>Trained officials are incompetent
>So untrained autists with rubber suits have to
nah
>>
File: kek12.gif (749KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
kek12.gif
749KB, 300x225px
>>94185848
>Will the more realistic takes on the comic book world
>Will the more realistic takes
>more realistic takes
>realistic
>>
>>94185848
>largely incompetent
>shooting criminals that deserve it

I don't get it.
>>
>>94185848
Well most crime stopped by the police is generally victimless crime (drugs, traffic violations, ect) or stuff that generally isn't really stuff a super hero would stop(domestic abuse, bar fights, DUI) but...

>Drugs are all legalized by 2021and are sold legally.
>Organized crime and gangs in order to avoid fading away begin to return to old ways of earning money.
>Heist, racketeering, extortion, and organized mugging gangs become common place.
>Police either fail to stop a lot incidents or respond with unnecessary overwhelming lethal force which is met with public backlash.
>As the police find it harder and harder to do their job and lose more funding crime increases.
>Ordinary citizens begin to rise up as vigilantes and take the law into their own hands in order to stop crime in their communities. The most popular do not use lethal force but instead try to subdue criminals in a less than lethal fashion as a show of respect to the lives of their fellow man and also to not start riots.
>>
Now that OP has proven himself to be largely incompetent, will we begin to see the rise of real life shitposters?

Will the more realistic takes on 4chan greentexts begin to seep into real life?
>>
>>94185942
>>94185892

yea dude a bunch of pussy cops that are too afraid to use their training to subdue people and just shoot them instead are reeeaaaalllll competent lol alright.
>>
>>94188110
As a cop I must say, I kek'd.
>>
Call me when someone gets actual superpowers and isn't just a dude in a costume with mace that took a couple of MMA classes. I'm sure he'll be to the scene faster than the cops that I called while he sprints down the Las Vegas Strip and won't be confused with the cosplayer people.

>>94188110

I bet you're one of those "why doesn't he just shoot him in the arm or the leg" people that thinks cops have bullet time.

When someone comes at you with the intention to take your life, not only can you not aim to disarm, but they're not going to stop even if you shoot the gun right out of their hand. It's why cops are trained for body shots.
>>
>>94189459

You forgot to mention "you have less than a second between when someone reaches for a gun to not only react, but react accurately."

Cops aren't paid to die.
>>
I saw some videos of "Freedom of Speech demonstrators" (pro-Trump or Alt-right rally maybe?) getting attacked by Anti-Fa. According to the demonstrators, police tried to stay out of it. So now I'm seeing pictures of the Freedom of Speech demonstrators arming themselves for street brawling. Not exactly vigilantes, but it's a similar theme; self-defense in-lieu of the police providing defense. Both sides even have costumes and home-made weapons.
>>
>>94188020
You sound retarded for just imaginining this
>>
>>94185890
False example. Filipino citizens have been effectively deputized by their president.
>>
>>94185848

>will we begin to see the rise of real life vigilantes?

LOL-fucking-NO. How fucking retarded are you?
>>
>>94189556

>Cops aren't paid to die.

This. Police are literally trained to make sure they go home safe and sound at the end of their shift, and to hell with everyone else if need be.
>>
>>94190606

Yes, but one side are patriots defending their right to assemble.

The other side are literal communists who had constantly using blackbloc tactics to riot and shut down any speakers they didn't agree with in the entirety of Berkley.

The police didn't do anything any of the other times ANTIFA rioted against moderates either. I heard it had something to do with the mayor telling them to stand down, but I'm not 100% sure.
>>
File: sodafountain.jpg (171KB, 481x372px) Image search: [Google]
sodafountain.jpg
171KB, 481x372px
The problem with real life is that, even if hypothetically, you had vigilantes who were smart and capable enough to avoid getting killed or arrested...

Crime doesn't just pop up on every corner. If it did, cops would be better at their jobs. That shit works in movies and comics because they have the built in narrative conceit that something exciting has to happen, otherwise you don't have a story.

In real life, shit is not constantly jumping off unless you live in a literal war zone, and even then it's not as exciting as in a movie
>>
>>94190786

Of course it doesn't.

We just need more upstanding citizens like George Zimmerman to keep an eye out.

Anyone can do that.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.