[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie is so conflicting...on one hand, it was fairly entertaining,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 4

File: Spider-Man-Homecoming-Logo.jpg (183KB, 1500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man-Homecoming-Logo.jpg
183KB, 1500x750px
This movie is so conflicting...on one hand, it was fairly entertaining, and had a surprisingly decent villain (but let's face it, Keaton is always great, don't know how much credit I can give to the studio alone) and I didn't hate a whole movie's worth of this Peter at all like I feared I might, however....that being said there are just some things that don't sit well with me at all

For one thing, spider sense never even mentioned? Did I miss something? It's kind of you know, a pretty big deal for Spider-Man, but this movie didn't even seem to acknowledge the power, while all previous Spider-Men have in some way, not saying you need the whole drawn out "learning to use it" bit, but some scenes showcasing what it is and that he is indeed using it would have been nice
There really wasn't any fighting on Spidey's part which is no surprise, they said this that he wouldn't really be beating people up as per usual in an effort to make it more kid friendly.....this is actually disturbing though when you consider the gratuitous sexual remarks in the movie, really? So it's going for more of a kid vibe, but you have a character yell PENIS multiple times in the film, and have teenagers literally talking about wanting to FUCK adults? Not insinuating, literally saying it, just abbreviated to "F", sick
And lastly, the support cast...I didn't hate fatso as much as I figured but I didn't find him necessary in any way either, and the whole secret identity aspect that is integral to Spider-Man is pretty much just thrown out....his friend knows who he is, his "super friends" know who he is, and by the end of the film his aunt knows who he is....why? For what? The dual life of Peter and Spider-Man has always been a core aspect of Spider-Man stories and this just kind of says "AHHHH FUCK IT"
>>
>>94182347
Because this version of Flash is a closeted homosexual and is obsessed with Peter's penis.
>>
>>94182347
Peter has only been Spider-man for a year. His powers are growing. The Infinity War trailer shows his arm hairs standing on end while on the bus. So he has Spider sense, he just hasn't been able to use it yet fully. He was extremely agile and able to move through complex environment anyway.

Also have you been in a high school. Talking about fucking is a major conversation. People talk about banging celebrities. In the MCU superheroes are like rock stars X 20. Of course people would talk about them.
>>
>>94182465
>Peter has only been Spider-man for a year.
So he's a sociopath?
>>
Had it not been the 3rd movie incarnation of Spider-Man, I think people would have been more open to it
>>
>remarks with sexual tones and literally calling a guy a penis is fine

>violence is a no-no, think of the kids, spidey punching is bad influence for them

What the hell is this, bizarro america?
>>
>>94182487
?
>>
>>94182591
It's like a Euro version of Spider-man
>>
>>94182591
Spider-Man kicking opponents feels more natural
Frees hands for webs
>>
>>94182465
>Also have you been in a high school. Talking about fucking is a major conversation. People talk about banging celebrities.
Yeah. So is fighting, hell the only times I got in fist fights period was in school, if this was supposed to be a movie for kids, that is no excuse to put sexual shit in and not have violence

>Of course people would talk about them.
In reality, sure, in a so called kids movie? No, if it was going for an edgier teen vibe it would be acceptable, but if that were the case the hero would be allowed to pummel some people too
>>
>>94182591
God, you sound like a whiny soccer mom who doesn't want to admit that her 16-year old son masturbates five times a day and all those tissues he keeps bringing to his room are because he's sick a lot.

Teens fantasize about fucking hot older celebrities all the time. And calling someone penis is the equivalent of calling someone a dick.
>>
>>94182684
>that is no excuse to put sexual shit in and not have violence
There was a ton of violence. Peter got slammed into a wall every other scene. Just because Peter wasn't the one landing the hits doesn't make the movie "violence free".

Also, he was beating up thugs, not high schoolers. You can't compare teens talking about fucking to thugs selling illegal alien weapons.
>>
>>94182600
His father figure died as a direct result of his own actions and he doesn't really seem to give a shit. In fact, he seems happy he has the powers that lead to his death.
>>
>>94182894
Did he though? Seemed to latch on to Iron Man as his father heavily. Maybe this spider-man is wonky because he literally didn't have an important part of his origin happen to him. Kind of like that IronSpider-Man in the 90s cartoon.
>>
File: IMG_1356.jpg (39KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1356.jpg
39KB, 443x332px
They strayed too far away from the core of the character and his world, which they had to do in order to differentiate him from the other two Spider-men. In doing so they lost something, and ultimately deny fans the opportunity to see a faithfully rendered Spider-man in the Marvel Universe proper, which is just as bad as killing off Han Solo before having him reunite with Luke after 30 years.

I really wish they had figured out a way to incorporate Andrew Garfield's Spider-man into the MCU. He and his universe were basically perfect.
>>
>>94182347
I'm still pissed about the new "MJ".
>>
this wasn't even a spiderman movie... nothing about it felt like spiderman. it was a good movie i guess, but it wasn't spiderman
>>
>>94182988
That's an interesting theory. It would explain why he looks up to someone 616 Peter would normally despise at that age. Hell, maybe he wasn't even around for Uncle Ben's death after all. Maybe that 9/11 theory is true, it would certainly explain a lot.
>>
>>94182646
Fuck right off, Spiderman should be a puncher.
>>
>>94182347
Flash was horrible too, all those sex jokes on aunt may lol i dont see whats the point of it.
>>
>>94183162
To set up for the movie where Spider-Man's Radiology Professor tries to marry her and wrap her in his tentacles.
>>
>>94183036
That Peter was a dick
This one acts more like a 15 year old superhero would
>>
>>94183200
Thought uncle tony was behind that milf, but since hommecoming half of new york is sexually harrasing she, and that joke that tony did was asking for a punch in the face i mean wtf tony.

Where are the feminazis outraging for the obtetification of our milfs.
>>
>>94183330
they think RDJ is hot so they aren't saying anything lol
>>
>>94182894
Uncle Ben's death still made him compelled to be a hero
Tony's entire arc was centered around Spiderman being himself and being responsible with his powers
That responsibility is different
>>
>>94182864
>Also, he was beating up thugs, not high schoolers. You can't compare teens talking about fucking to thugs selling illegal alien weapons.
He really didn't beat up any thugs, that's kind of the point here.

And yes, you can compare it when the reason Peter wasn't as much of a brawler like he always is, is because they claimed this movie was SUPPOSED TO BE TARGETING KIDS. Do you not see the point here? If the target audience is little kids, sure, I can buy not making the hero be very violent....but then why the fuck would you have sexual references, not even innuendo, just straight up sex shit?

>>94182818
>Teens fantasize about fucking hot older celebrities all the time.
Teens also indulge in graphic violence, point?

>>94183219
>That Peter was a dick
Peter has always been a dick, not the anon you're responding to I didn't hate this goofier Pete, but yes Peter as in the original Peter of the comic books, was a fucking major dick
>>
I just hate the last second "Aunt May finds out" gag because we're going to IW and Avengers 4 and Spider-man 2 is confirmed to start minutes after Avengers 4 ends. That means all the big fallout will be overwith so Aunt May can go "The Avengers might not care about your homework, but I do!"
>>
File: spidey v vulture.png (803KB, 603x1294px) Image search: [Google]
spidey v vulture.png
803KB, 603x1294px
>>94183506
>the time he joked about a murder suicide with Vulture.
Ditko-Man didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>94182465
he's had spidey sense since civil war
>>
>>94183419
Is there even an Uncle Ben in this universe? Did Peter have any sort of relationship with him. They briefly alluded to May "losing someone" in the past it seems like they glossed over him to make Tony the "father figure" in Peter's life.
>>
>>94183219
Casuals get out reee
>>
>>94183200
Also why ppl keep praising vulture as one of the best if not the best villian in the mcu so far?

Yes keaton is a good actor, but the vulture as a character had barely good motivations and the last scene was barely a fight.
>>
>>94183506
Remake Beauty and the Beast was also supposed to be revolutionary because it had Disney's first confirmed gay character. And Emoji Movie is apparently going to teach kids to stand up to Trump. Everyone hated Ghostbusters because of women, too.

You're a fucking tool if you believe PR stunts over what you saw with your eyes in the movie. Peter barely beat the shit out of thugs because he took them out in much more creative ways and often got hit more than he landed hits, and that's because he was a 15 inexperienced superhero. Thinking the movie is still strictly for kids even after the ending of "WHAT THE F-" just makes you look like the type of person who falls for those PR stunts to begin with.

>Teens also indulge in graphic violence, point?
No they don't. Almost every teen has hormones shooting through their body that make them horny. Not all of them use those high levels of testosterone and engage in violence. Even if you count in every person who's gotten into fights or bullied, that number is still way smaller than the amount of teens who are horny.
>>
>>94183506
>Teens also indulge in graphic violence, point?
Yeah but not IRL graphic violence. And this wasn't them fucking Thor, it was talking about wanting to fuck Thor.

Should kids just be sheltered from the fact that sexuality exists? It's a superhero film. Big budget blockbusters have always played on the fact that kids get to see shit they don't on TV.

I wouldn't be opposed to a film showing 15 year olds playing GTA. It's not aimed at their age group, but a lot of them do it.

I will say that Peter driving while on the phone did rub me the wrong way though. That shit can get people killed; I can understand Tony doing it because he's supposed to be an irresponsible asshole but damn kids are watching Spider-Man race to save the day while chatting to his friend in a stolen Audi. That shit's weird.
>>
>>94183782
Because most of the villains were just there because they needed one for the story. Vulture had a definite motivation, plan, and pretty cool design. Additionally, it was definitely rooted in his comic version while being different enough to be unique. Not exactly a high bar, but it works.
>>
>>94183072

Peter and Tony had a sorta father-son relationship during Civil War comics before Peter switched sides.
>>
>>94183688
There has to be one
Even if he died in 9/11 or the Chitauri attack his impact is there
He already has grasped the "I have the power to do something, so I need to do something" in Civil War
>>
>>94183797
You can defend the no punch shit as much as you want, but the whole final Shocker fight is inexcusable

>Oh no my webshooters I can't do anything!

A flick of his fingers can knockout the Shocker but he'd rather be punched through buses than trying to land a punch.
>>
>>94183891
His motivations were weak he had 8 years working as a thieve he could easily retire whith millions in the bank, but naa lets go in a last suicide mission to rob the avengers while living in their own city, even if he did succeded on stealing from stark how he was planning on avoiding getting caught by the avengers? His plan was retarded i think whiplash had better motivations and a better plan than him.
>>
>>94183782
>Yes keaton is a good actor, but the vulture as a character had barely good motivations
His motivation is small time in the grand scheme of things
This is...most Spider-Man villains, Spider-Man deals with street level shit + powers, he doesn't deal with world ending threats on the regular, that's not his M.O

>and the last scene was barely a fight.
Cause apparently they didn't want this movie to be very violent, but yaknow....perverted is fine

And yes I know you're trolling but someone probably would ask these questions seriously anyway

>>Teens also indulge in graphic violence, point?
>No they don't. Almost every teen has hormones shooting through their body that make them horny. Not all of them use those high levels of testosterone and engage in violence. Even if you count in every person who's gotten into fights or bullied, that number is still way smaller than the amount of teens who are horny.
Yes they do. Most people who look at gore videos, are teens. Most people who watch crap like Dragonball Z and other fight centric shit, are teens. Teens, at least teen boys, are violence, are very well acquainted with it, and buy into it heavily. Something tells me you're a girl though.

Also, this movie pretty much was very much in line with the "more kid friendly" theme they seemed to talk about pre release, the whole movie felt like it was going for an even younger audience than the usual MCU flick already does, and honestly there is nothing wrong with that......but it's fucking odd that they would go all out with the perverted humor.

I would be surprised of Iron Man screamed VAGINA or CLITORIS even, and I don't see those as much of kids movies as this movie felt like
>>
>>94184094
>His motivations were weak he had 8 years working as a thieve he could easily retire whith millions in the bank, but naa lets go in a last suicide mission to rob the avengers while living in their own city, even if he did succeded on stealing from stark how he was planning on avoiding getting caught by the avengers?

Well yeah, that's why he's a good villain; he's got actual human flaws and virtues. He's a man who simply wants the best for his family but can't realise that he's already got it now. That's why he's a villain, as sympathetic as he is; his greed and love for his family blinds him to the fact that his heists are getting more and more risky and putting them at risk as well as himself.
>>
>>94184109
Meant to quote >>94183797 in the second half

>>94183878
>Yeah but not IRL graphic violence.
Spider-Man beating people up to the extent he does in other media wouldn't be IRL graphic violence either, it wouldn't even be graphic violence....it would be typical pg 13 action movie violence that you see in literally every movie

They made a blatant attempt to lessen the violence for this to appeal to younger kids, that much is obvious. Like I said before, sex and violence is normal for teens, not little kids, and it's bizarre that they would force such blatant sexual imagery into a film that they are making an active attempt to make more kid friendly than their other movies
>>
>>94183974
Dude the whole things that they did qhith shocker were inexcusable, there was no good reason to kill him and replace it whith that black dude, poor old shocker marvel fucked him in his live action debut, no respect for my man
>>
>>94183974
Normally Shocker would have resistance to getting punched since his suit absorbs the force, but he was just the mini-boss.
>>
>>94183913
>father-son
Kek. Employer/employee at best. And the entire point was to solidify the reasons why Peter didn't like him.
>>
>>94183419
Then we're back at Peter being a sociopath who doesn't care that he brought about his father figure's death.
>>
>>94182347
>For one thing, spider sense never even mentioned?
IT's mentioned in Civil War, actually. It's the reason behind the Goggles he wear. His Spider Sense currently give him an overload of information, and he has to restrict his field of vision to not be overcome by it.
>>
>>94184250
And then the second Shocker did nothing basically. Might as well of just have Shocker go out against Spider-Man on his own calling Vulture a coward, get wrecked, and then have the second guy be Beetle/ one of the Enforcers/ Molten Man/some other lesser-importance bad guy. Actually, scratch Molten Man because Liz's brother being in on father's work seems like a conflict of interest.
>>
>>94182347
>There really wasn't any fighting on Spidey's part
Are you kidding? he stop a robbery and wreck the shit out of Vlutre.
>>
>>94184109
Nice way to excuse poorly writen characters
>>
>>94183878
hey the driving bit could add some credence towards the presence of spidey sense tho
>>
>>94182462
can you blame him?
>>
>>94184293
But Tony is alive.
>>
>>94184404
Not really. It does if you already know Peter has Spidey-sense, but if you're a kid this is probably your first Spider-Man film. Even then, Peter was not driving well.
>>
>>94182462
>Comics Peter was puny
>Flash was big and called him Puny Parker

>Movie Peter has a penis
>Flash calls him Penis Parker

Does that mean movie Flash is trans?
>>
>>94184109
>Most people who look at gore videos, are teens
Morbid curiosity is different from actually engaging in violence you tard. No matter how much you want to think, video games don't make kids violent.
>>
>>94184198
That's not a good excuse at all for such retarded target choice
>>
>>94182591
I think america's problem is zero penis exposures. Not talking about banging
>>
>>94184542
Not if you're in an absolutely rational state of mind, sure, but Vulture wasn't. Humans aren't. The man has a hatred for Stark and the Avengers, so there's personal motivation there. Grudges make people take dumb risks.
>>
>>94184470
Maybe.
>>
>>94184355
>Nice way to excuse poorly writen characters
What's poorly written about it? Vulture was one of the better things about the movie

His motivation is clear, hes a career criminal. That is the majority of Spider-Man's foes...read a comic sometime, bub. Spider-Man is a street level hero primarily, most of his foes either have a personal vendetta against him specifically or are career crooks. Spidey doesn't fight Dr. Doom or Magneto, wrong franchise

>>94184473
I never said any of that, the point I was illustrating is that teens can see violence....most teens see rated R violence on a regular basis, this movie was going for an audience other than teens, it was lessening the violence blatantly

And at the same time, pumping up the sexual references, that is odd, and stinks of Hollywood pedophilia honestly. The movie was not consistent in tone.
>>
>>94182462
He's just been watching too many Spider-Man YTP's is all

https://youtu.be/KD0vmaIUTLI
>>
>>94184747
> Feb 21, 2015

Huh?
>>
>>94184701
I have read a lot of comics, street level dosent mean simple, even a personal vendetta is better than being a retard thieve.

The vulture could been a deeper character they just wrote hum that way because is easier.
>>
>>94184827
Again, anon, you're mistaking being affected by your emotions for being stupid.

Honest question, are you autistic?
>>
>>94182462
It's okay because peter's actor is a poorly closeted homosexual.
>>
>>94184585
Dont be stupid, the heist wasnt even vulture idea, it was thinkerer the one begging him to do it the whole movie and everyone was onboard whith his shitty idea.
>>
>>94184250
I feel like I'm replying to bait but, anon, the first Shocker was fucking Montana
>>
>>94184827
The comic Vulture gets pissed as Norman Osborne because he stole his life's work and swears revenge. The movie one gets the government to steal the project he gambled everything on and swears revenge.
>>
File: spidersense.jpg (660KB, 1280x3943px) Image search: [Google]
spidersense.jpg
660KB, 1280x3943px
I think the absence of spidey-sense is to really lower the apparent power of Spider-man to movie goers

It makes sense for an adult peter parker in comics with over a decade of experience to have ultrahax powers, but movie goers arent ready for this sorta shit yet. they'd call it trite or overpowered or just plain bad
>>
>>94184912
So which guys were Ox and Fancy Dan?
>>
>>94184839
If you let your emotions make you take a stupid idea that fuck ups your life, aint you being stupid for that?
>>
>>94184901
Yeah, and Vulture just suffered a big bust from the FBI, Spidey AND Iron Man on the ferry, the first time in his career as a criminal and arms dealer where he got rustled properly.

Throughout the rest of the film, he's pretty cool and collected, but him killing the first Shocker shows that the risk of being found out makes him act rashly. The plane job was supposed to be his big last score, something he could really retire off and stick it to Stark.
>>
>>94184873
Which is fine.
I mean he's fine but also being gay is fine
>>
>>94184434
Then Uncle Ben never died. Or at least never died years ago in an event unrelated to Peter's powers.
>>
>>94184956
Perhaps, but it's a human flaw, is what I'm saying. Should movie villains be robots who always do what is most expedient? Do career criminals not make mistakes based on rash thinking?
>>
>>94184968
He killed the first shocker in an attemp to harm not to kill so.
>>
>>94184941
Dunno why writers seem to hate the enforcers or something, because Spectacular also pulled this shit of Montana getting "upgraded" to be the Shocker
>>
>>94185042
Because they are baseline humans? Pretty much every other Spider-Man villain has some sort of "super" power while they have rope skills, martial arts, and being big in the range that a normal human can reach with training. Which is sad because Batroc is also a normal human and he does really well as a rival for Captain America.
>>
>>94184094
He was stealing from the Avengers the entire movie...

It wasn't until Spider-Man got in his business that he even got caught, and by the end of the movie had become desperate since all his recent plans got foiled and he finally thought he killed Spider-Man
>>
>>94185221
He was stealing the goberment not directly the avengers, his last mision was stupid stop trying to excuse lazy writing he almost died trying to rob tony stark and didint even faced him.
>>
>>94185360
Dude he was literally stealing from Tony Stark the person he had the vendetta on in the first place
>>
>>94184919
It wasn't Osborne it was another geneirc businessman that was his partner
>>
>>94182347
>For one thing, spider sense never even mentioned?
Apparently, they didn't wanna focus on it for this movie. But Feige's eager to showcase it in future films.
>>
>>94182347
It wasn't to make it kid-friendly. Apparently, it was to showcase Peter's inexperience. He's not really used to this whole "superheroing" thing, and punching people isn't really instinct for him.

Also, Spider-Man shouldn't be punching much anyway. Not normal people, anyway. He could knock a man's head off with a love tap.
>>
>>94185221
He was stealing the goberment not directly the avengers, his last mision was stupid stop trying to excuse lazy writing he almost died trying to rob tony stark and didint even faced him.

>>94185633
The only time he intended to directly rob tony was in the end scene, he had 8 years stealing gob convoys not stark.
>>
>>94186304
He was stealing from a government initiative established by Stark, anon. His vendetta with Stark is established pretty much straight out of the gate.
>>
I was mad Tony didn't call hum underoos
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.