[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Things you wish you liked. There's just so much TMNT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: TMNT.jpg (95KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
TMNT.jpg
95KB, 1024x768px
ITT: Things you wish you liked.

There's just so much TMNT stuff and it seems neat, but I can never get into it when I try. It's just not for me despite how much I wish otherwise.
>>
Have you read the original comics? If those aren't for you then you're not missing anything.
>>
>>94179744
I wish I could get into TLH because Lincoln is cute but dear god the show just does not appeal to me in the slightest
>>
>>94179744
>>94180071
He needs to watch the 2003 cartoon, not read some fucking comics.
>>
>>94179744
Try reading IDW TMNT
>>
>>94179744
Try the IDW comics. Original show sucks, movies suck, 2003 is vastly overrated by people who were five at the time, and 2012 sabotaged itself.
>>
>>94179744

Comics and cartoons.
>>
>>94180193
Just watched 2003, it's not overrated at all.
>>
Star vs. the Forces of Evil

The animation is great to look at, and I love the colors. I just absolutely can't stand the show, and I'm baffled as to why it's so well-liked here.
>>
>>94180353
>So of course they're just blatant toy commercials and filled with bad writing and annoying characters.
But I like MLP.
>>
>>94180353
The 2003 cartoon wasn't a toy commercial by any stretch of the imagination. In fact the only time in the main 5 seasons I felt they might have added in something for toy value was in the 5th season with the special Ninja Tribunal stuff, but that definitely made sense plot-wise.
>>
I would have loved to enjoy MLP as it would have spared me a good deal of aggravation circa 2010
>>
>>94180313
When I tried watching it, it was better than the 80s version, sure, but otherwise I couldn't see what was supposed to be so great about it.
>>
>>94181574
It's basically the most animesque cartoon I can think of purely in terms of storytelling. That's probably its strongest point.
>>
>>94181574
Because it's SERIOUS and DARK, although it can't really go too far with either like the comics because of the age rating, the animation's mediocre and the characters tend to be victims of the plot who act like they're afraid to have personalities. It's fairly good as an action cartoon of the time, but a whole lot of its love comes from hating the 80's cartoon and wanting a TRUE nitty gritty turtles cartoon.
>>
File: 1441825236780s.jpg (5KB, 124x124px) Image search: [Google]
1441825236780s.jpg
5KB, 124x124px
>>94179744
I hated the Ninja Turtles when I was little, then when I was 12 everyone online that I watched adored them, so I got really into them; Watching the 80's cartoon, buying all the movies, playing the retro games, collecting figures, reading the comics. The last thing I had to do with any of them was when the 2012 series premiered. I'm a little scared to go back because I'm afraid it won't hold up to my nostalgia.
>>
>>94181862
The first movie holds up. The second movie... sort of holds up. The rest, you are right to avert your eyes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.