[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DC announces a second season Young Animal season under Vertigo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

>DC announces a second season Young Animal season under Vertigo and a brand new Mature Readers OGN line
>Mister Miralce will carry an M-rating
>Marvel ressurects the MAX imprint with Punisher: The Platoon

So, is the Big Two trying to take back the adult focused comics market from Image or is it all happening at the same time just a coincidence?
>>
Well it's not like kids or even teens read comics
>>
>>94179725
Lets rephrase that. It's not like most PEOPLE read. At all. Ask most people the last thing they read and they will most likely not have an answer.
>>
>second season
>cancelled for three months for only Doom Patrol and given one-shots
>no guarantee they'll come back
>>
>>94179725

Teenagers do.
Not as many as adults, but the mid to late teens are when I see them starting. Probably because the geeky ones are getting their first jobs and actually have money to piss on comic books.
I know I didn't start reading comics until I was about 16, despite living on capeshit cartoons throughout my entire childhood.
>>
They probably want people to catch up on the series with trades, those books will probably be shilled in a lot of end of the year awards/lists.
>>
>>94179748
What I was getting at was it's mostly adults that read comics so why not make more comics with adult themes. Not that anything M rated will stay out of teens hands.
>>
>>94179967
Yeah but I was saying your statement isn't broad enough. Most people in general do not read. Adults or children.
>>
>>94179659
Maybe they finally remembered blood and guts sells and liberal propaganda doesn't
>>
I wouldn't really call it resurrecting MAX if the only time it ever comes back is to house Ennis' pet projects
>>
File: 1402208299939.jpg (115KB, 678x800px)
1402208299939.jpg
115KB, 678x800px
>>94179659
God damn vietnam was such an aesthetic war, long before fucking molle and rails took over everything
>>
>>94179725
Kids do read comics

It's why Raina Telgemeier makes fuckin bank
>>
>>94179659
>>94179755
Out of the loop here, can someone explain the YA announcement?
>>
>>94179659
One MAX story doesn't mean much.

They also brought back the Marvel Knights imprint for just three minis.
>>
>>94180106
Right, we need less stuff like Green Lantern/Green Arrow and more masterpieces like Youngblood
>>
OH FUCK

PLATOON GOT A RELEASE DATE OR SOMETHING?
>>
>>94181926
they're just moving the editorial department's designation and maybe it affects who gets paid what, it's likely not relevant to your reading experience
>>
>>94181926
It can basically be summed up as:
>we're totally going to make more YA books!
>except there's going to be less overall books than the first wave
>pls buy Dark Matter
>>
>>94183222
Yeah, first issue comes out in October.
>>
>>94179659

I didn't realize they were bringing back the MAX imprint. Nice. I hope it's not just for a Punisher mini and they have other books planned down the road, Either way, I'm just glad Ennis is back for a while since Cloonan mostly sucks. I miss Frank's inner monologues
>>
>>94183222
>>94183311
When did they announce the release date?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.