[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You are cleaning your grandfathers attic >Suddenly, you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Action_Comics_1.jpg (50KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
Action_Comics_1.jpg
50KB, 300x416px
>You are cleaning your grandfathers attic
>Suddenly, you see it
>A original copy of Action Comics no.1 just lying there
How would you react?
>>
Is there a way to tell it's original just by looking at it? Like is there something on the cover of reprints to make it obvious?

But I'd probably grab some gloves and try to put it away so it can be graded later.
>>
>>94175888
>attic
Unless it was moved there recently, it would be in awful condition if not already ruined completely
>>
>>94176124
Awful condition is still worth 20K for like the worst grade, 1.0 tier.
>>
If it's perfect condition, I would call the Library of Congress with both phones.

If it's not in especially good condition, I'd probably just keep it, frame it on my wall and never tell anyone it's an original.

Does anyone know if DC Comics and/or the Siegel or Shuster estates actually have any original copies? I can't find any list of all the copies that are known to exist.

It's pretty strange how difficult it is to find an original copy considering how many millions it originally sold. I guess it's hard to preserve stuff printed on newsprint, especially when no one was interested in saving this kind of stuff, but if we still have shitty newspapers from the 1600's, you'd think we'd have at least a couple thousand Action #1's.

This brings to mind how weird it is that comics somehow transitioned from "magazines" to "books". It used to be you picked up the latest issue of a comic to see the current adventures, now people won't touch an issue unless they've read the preceding issues.
>>
>>94176124
Dude, a low graded AC #1 would still be enough to buy a house if you found a desperate enough collector.
>>
>>94176204
comics didn't sell massive amounts in the 1930s. I read somewhere that there were 200,000 copies printed of action comics 1, but many were recycled in wartime paper drives
>>
>>94176204
>Library of Congress

Would they pay $3mil+ last the last couple of issues that sold? If not, fuck them.
>>
>>94176157
Sorry, I was wrong, 1.0 is worth about 75K.
>>
>>94175964
There are.

http://www.bipcomics.com/showcase/fakes/

Even though the URL says fakes, most of these are reprints, so I guess they mean "fake" as in not the real 1938 version.
>>
>>94175888
It's selling time.
But first I'd have to call my buddy who knows all about comics.
>>
This thread has me wondering if any anons have family that they know own any big money Golden Age comics. Not just action 1.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.