[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled and this piece of shit is officially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 11

Now that the dust has settled and this piece of shit is officially a box office fizzle...

What the FUCK went wrong?
>>
POC fatigue.
>>
>>94172462
How can people be tired of POCs? They only make up 80% of the Earth's population!!
>>
>piece of shit
i thought it was pretty good tbqh
stop being contrarian
>>
It's not a flop but it's way bellow expectations. But I guess Spider-Man movies aren't in danger. They're not supposed to be the biggest.
>>
>>94172476
>If you didn't enjoy this thing it has to be because you're a contrarian
>>
>>94172482
>They're not supposed to be the biggest.
Weren't Disney shills saying this would make $1.2bn+?
>>
It's the third Spider-Man franchise in 10 years.
It never really got that serious with its characters (Like Aunt May was a joke)
It hasn't opened in China
The first half felt like an extended Superbowl ad.
There were no wow worthy action sequences

It's a pretty cut and draw film. I mean, there was barely an action sequence to justify going to Washington DC.
>>
>>94172482
>met all earnings projections
>"way bellow expectations"
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>94172496
>implying there can be a reason for disliking a good thing other than contrarianism.
>>
>>94172514
Well no doubt the expected more from the most popular Marvel hero but the movies themselves should be scaled down. Almost street-level.
>>
>>94172562
you're not the arbiter of all that is good in entertainment
>>
>>94172437
It basically swapped Uncle Ben for Stark

Everything he does is ultimately to impress Stark and join the Avengers, sure in the end he figures he doesn't need to but then the movie was a big waste of time innit
>>
Anything involved with school or just anything outside of the superhero aspect (in terms of the school) was just meh. It didn't help progress things in the story or even lay foundation for the story later on. It felt as though they needed to do something so they just did so.

If something isn't progressing the story or developing the character then there is no point in showcasing it.
>>
Why did Tony visit his house in Civil War? That came out of nowhere.
>>
>>94172562
Kill yourself
>>
>>94172437

Honestly, the diversity push was a bit much for Middle America to stomach. And when you alienate 65% of the audience to try to woo 12%, well, the math doesn't add up.

The movie really isn't multiple-viewing friendly, which is what is needed to push movies into the earnings they wanted for this film. Its a fairly small story and I enjoyed it myself but there was no pressing desire to see it again.

The media seem to make an almost concerted effort against the movie, with so many reviewers deciding the movie wasn't diverse *enough* and needed Miles at the helm. Everyone bashing the film wears down on the consumer's psyche.

I suspect some folks are simply in a holding pattern waiting for Infinity War. They want the comicbook movies taken up to the next level, while Homecoming was a step in the opposite direction.

I know they wanted Spidey to be a billion-dollar blockbuster but I really don't think we'll see another solo superhero movie reach that level, the bar has now been set too high, it'll be only the ensemble films that produce that sort of fan excitement. Spidey didn't underperform as much as the expectations were set too high.

Its worth noting that competition needs to be kept in mind, and Homecoming did have some decent competing movies pulling from its draw.
>>
File: Thor_The_Dark_World_poster_006.jpg (2MB, 2000x2970px) Image search: [Google]
Thor_The_Dark_World_poster_006.jpg
2MB, 2000x2970px
>>94172437
>Spider-Man is gonna make less money than this
What a strange world we live in.
>>
It has 2nd worst first week for Marvel.
What's number 1?
>>
>>94172666

>And when you alienate 65% of the audience to try to woo 12%, well, the math doesn't add up.

There's still no proof to the idea that adding minorities to movies does this. The notion that it's a zero-sum game where white people won't watch movies with more then two black people is the kind of entrenched moronic thinking that's held back Hollywood for years.

This movie made less movies because it's the 6th Spider-Man movie in 15 years. Fatigue was bound to set in eventually, and the "quality" of the ASM films was always going to hurt this one.
>>
>>94172602
Excellent bait
But somebody who learns a lesson in a movie does not make the parts where they hadn't yet learned the lesson pointless
>>
Shit script and dialogue, no tension, no stakes, shit score, action scenes were not interesting, villain was not interesting altough Keaton was good. Peter acted like a 10 year old instead of a 15 year old. And yeah the casting was a mess. Easy movie making 101, just follow the formula.
>>
I liked it and I didn't mind the "diversity". It told a new story which I thought was fresh and nice especially compared to the other movies (which, let's face it, the general population who pretends they love comics but doesn't read them will also be comparing it to the previous movies). There were a lot of funny bits and it didn't seem too hamfisted trying to portray Peter specifically as a post-millennial kid.

My only complaint is that it just seemed too long, them trying to cram everything in. They could've reworked it so the big "save everyone" scene was either at the Washington monument or the giant ferry, not both. It still could've worked. It felt like the movie had three climaxes and I was tired by the end of it.

I don't like cape movies/especially MCU though so I came at it as a normie
>>
>>94172562
>good thing
Compare their cgi with war for the planet of the apes and tell me how this little scam you call a movie is "good"
>>
>>94172437
It was pretty good. I suspect the problem is that it was the third different movie Spider-Man and people are just tired of the character.
>>
>>94172742
Why did he need to learn to stop worrying if Stark-senpai notices him or not? Besides he got noticed in the end.

The whole direction the MCU took with Spider-Man is just off base
>>
File: 1501080313233.png (340KB, 666x1149px) Image search: [Google]
1501080313233.png
340KB, 666x1149px
>talking about box office numbers without China
lmao
>>
>>94172496
>>94172562
>>94172600
>>94172638
It's blatantly obvious half the people on /co/ and /tv/ are shitting on the movie because of the blackwashing, diversity, and the objective fact that the reddit hive-mind is generally positive toward the film. Yeah the Indian and Washington Monument lines were cringe worthy but fucking what ever. Vulture was probably the best marvel villain so far and Peters characterization was great and phenomenally acted. Obviously the movie isn't perfect, but saying its a piece of shit is absolutely contrarian.
I feel like a lot of people who consistently shit on EVERY new marvel film are people who desperately want them to fail.
>>
Why didn't Tony tell Peter he informed the FBI on his call and that a sting was taking place, and that we was proud of him for listening to him?
>>
File: Spiderman-2.jpg (98KB, 550x229px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman-2.jpg
98KB, 550x229px
Remember the train scene from Spider-Man 2? Remember how awesome it was? Spider-Man gave all he had to try and save that runaway train, even if it meant his identity would be exposed, even if he meant he could die trying and still fail. Remember how he passes out from exhaustion and the people he saved appreciate it, help him out and promise to keep his identity a secret and how emotional that was? As a kid watching that I was about to cry nigga.

Now, imagine they did that scene again, but this time, another hero swoops in, saves the train for Spider-Man, belittles him and then the people he tried to save dismiss him for a cheap gag.

I'm not saying that's the reason this movie wasn't as big as it should've been, but fuck, man.
>>
>>94172437
It's neither a flop nor a piece of shit, though.

It's just behind Logan as the second best cape movie this year, and it's making a ton of money.
>>
>>94172870
Movie sucked. Only good part was Vulture who had like 10 minutes of screen time and got taken out like a bitch anyways.

Even all my normie friends had the same reaction "it's better than ASM but was still...eh"
>>
>>94172666
>and Homecoming did have some decent competing movies pulling from its draw.

Satan is correct here.

Dunkirk and War for the Planet are really solid films.
>>
>>94172906
>It's just behind Logan as the second best cape movie this year
Tied with GOTG 2 in my opinion.
>>
>>94172906
Unironically the worst capeshit of the year
>>
>>94172884
>Now, imagine they did that scene again, but this time, another hero swoops in, saves the train for Spider-Man, belittles him and then the people he tried to save dismiss him for a cheap gag.

That is actually pretty spot-on for how Peter's life goes. I don' have to imagine this because we've had decades of it in comic form.
>>
>>94172884
Fucking this. Disney shills are perfectly fine with Peter being cucked by Tony.
>>
>>94172923
t. guy whodidn't watch the movie
>>
Sony Marketing
Spidey Fatigue
>>
>>94172722

You say this as if I'm championing the idea, when I'm saying that if you don't think there is enough racism in America to balk at MJ being changed from a redhead to a black girl... you are giving Americans way too much credit.

And saying there is no proof for my statement, following up with a statement of your own for which there is no proof, doesn't help your case.

Bottom line - we don't know why this spidey movie underperformed. There are multiple theories, of which some of them might be correct at the same time.

(I agree that fatigue might be one of them. Might. No proof, though)
>>
>>94172870
>Obviously the movie isn't perfect, but saying its a piece of shit is absolutely contrarian.
I feel like a lot of people who consistently shit on EVERY new marvel film are people who desperately want them to fail.
Boohoo muh Marvel persection, 4chan was literally the only place where most people were bashing Wonder Woman while everyone else loved it.
>>
>>94172884
>>94172958
>Now, imagine they did that scene again, but this time, another hero swoops in, saves the train for Spider-Man, belittles him and then the people he tried to save dismiss him for a cheap gag.

You sure did miss the point

>spend 3/4 of the movie trying to get noticed by Stark-senpai and become an avenger
>Stark-senpai shows up and gives him an emotional beatdown, takes away the special suit that would have given him an easy in to the avengers
>Peter learns he doesn't need the fancy suit, Stark's approval, or admission to the avengers
>he wants to be friendly neighborhood spiderman
>implying "come on spiderman!" didn't make you tear the fuck up

Also Peter had plenty of big hero moments.
>>
>>94172935
IMO GotG2 was a little unfocused at points, and despite the glory of NEVER BREAK THE CHAIN there were parts of the final battle that completely lost me. It was still a good movie though.

This year has been generally good for cape movies, in that there hasn't been an objectively awful one. WW was the one on the thinnest ice, with its final act almost sending me to sleep, but it got the spirit of Wonder Woman so well that I'm willing to give the wonkier aspects of the film a lot of leeway.
>>
>>94172870
>phenomenally acted
hahahahaha
>>
>>94172977
>when I'm saying that if you don't think there is enough racism in America to balk at MJ being changed from a redhead to a black girl... you are giving Americans way too much credit.

This.

Just look at the impact it's had on this board alone.
>>
>>94172437
Supporting cast changes is the only glaring misstep. More specifically it's the fact that you can see Sony's intentions in every decision. Especially Flash. I mean Jesus, he's a skinny Indian kid on the top academic decathalon team in the country. Yet you're still supposed to place him as the privelidged jock asshole. It was hilarious more than anything.

Solid script otherwise. Holland was the best. Get fucked Tobyfags
>>
>>94172958
Uncle Ben is also being cucked by Tony

>become your nephew's inspirational figure
>hits on your widow

Might as well have died from a heart attack and Peter didn't call 911 in time
>>
>>94172437
Spider-Man is boring
>>
The worst capemovie of the year, just plain boring, awful CGI, raped spidey character, blatant SJW pandering
>>
>>94172977

>when I'm saying that if you don't think there is enough racism in America to balk at MJ being changed from a redhead to a black girl... you are giving Americans way too much credit.

MJ isn't a big enough character. Spaghetti was thrown over GirlBusters because it was the main four, nobody cares about side characters or love interests.

>Bottom line - we don't know why this spidey movie underperformed. There are multiple theories, of which some of them might be correct at the same time.

Well sure, but that takes all the fun out of this discussion.

>>94173026

>4chan represents reality
>>
George Washington was a racist! You wanted to watch a fun crime fighting movie but don't forget to check your fucking privileged!
>>
>>94173026
>Just look at the impact it's had on this board alone.
Not saying America isn't racist, but 4chan is currently not indicative of the state of the entire country, with all the /pol/ tourists shitting up the place. From what I remember even Miles as Spider-Man didn't get this vehement of a reaction.
>>
>>94173013
Still waiting for a decent rip.
>>
>>94173002
Are you kidding? Where have you been? The people who shat on the movie are literally /pol/acks or marlel drones.

>>94173015
>Tom Holland isn't a good actor
This is how i know for a fact you're baiting.
>>
I feel like having Stark in the movie was a missed opportunity. He was just mainly Peter's rich, busy dad who only shows up to ground him and take away his toys and then crawls back when Peter is finally allowed to prove himself. I wish they had more of a connection in this movie since they weren't afraid to boast Iron Man's presence in the trailers. -___-
>>
>>94173115
>This is how i know for a fact you're baiting.
Different anon, you sound like a very insufferable faggot
>>
>>94173115
He had one ok scene: under the debris. And even that scene was cringy
>>
File: 1427433078989[1].png (186KB, 1164x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1427433078989[1].png
186KB, 1164x1028px
>>94173026
>Just look at the impact it's had on this board alone.
implying that 4chan is murica
>>
>>94172877
Because if he did, he wouldn't be able to show up personally and said "I told you so! I told you so! Now you can never be in the Avengers even though you're the most popular character in Marvel."
>>
>>94173148
>/int/
>the board designed for foreigners
>>
>>94172437
>Spiderman reboot fatigue
>Guardians 2 and Wonder Woman both came out right before it accelerating superhero movie fatigue a bit
>Damn dirty apes
That's about it, it's still in the top 10 highest grossing movies of the year so it's not like it was a flop. Just disappointing performance for a Spider Man movie. Great movie though, probably in my top 5 MCU movies
>>
>>94172877
shitty writing, like 90% of questions like this
>>
>>94172437
Wonder Woman was a fizzle when it comes to the International Box Office. WW - 390 Million in 53 days. Spiderman 320 million in 18 days..even Transformers, which failed domestically beat WW..423 million..The US market is becoming less and less important.
>>
>>94172722
>Bottom line - we don't know why this spidey movie underperformed.

Yet another pointless reboot with an underwhelming plot with the same boring tone and formula from most MCU movies?
>>
>>94173245
Studios get mor... Bah, what's the point
>>
>>94173139
and you sound like a meanie beanie
>>
Sure it smells like /tv/ here
>>
>>94173245
Foreign box offices give studios less which is why domestic matters so much.
>>
>>94173245
>WW still has Japan so it's going to make more overseas than Transformers too
Queen of the summer
>>
>>94173232

This sounds about right. I went to see it, but after GotG2 and WW, my wife was movie'd out. She was either going to see this or Planet of the Apes, and Planet of the Apes won out because of rave reviews and the fact that it wasn't just another super hero blockbuster.
>>
>>94172952
Yeah, sure you do. Post your examples.
>>
Because they weren't concerned with making a Spider-Man movie. This entire film screams marketing ploy.
>>
>>94173004
I think the biggest issue with him trying to get Stark to notice him is that Tony and Happy come off like the biggest fucking douchebags in existence during the film.

>>94173027
He's not supposed to be a jock in the film, just an asshole. They misstepped by not clearly showing Pete in a different socio-economic standing than his peers. This Flash is supposed to be the rich douchebag type, but all we see of that is that his dad lets him drive a mid-priced convertible. Meanwhile Pete's living in an apartment that would realistically cost upwards of three grand a month at minimum.
>>
>>94172952
Wrong. Spidey always proves his worth in the end

>For some convenient contrivance he battles another hero while handicapped

>"Spider-Man isn't what they say what a joke"

>He heals and completely dominates opponent
>wow.... so this..... is Spider-Man..... outstanding....

Too bad the movie and even the modern comics in general forgot he's supposed to hij so he's perpetually the "le awkward jokey hero who jobs"
>>
>>94173004
>spend 3/4 of the movie trying to get noticed by Stark-senpai and become an avenger
A major issue of the film. Peter wouldn't waste his time with that shit, and he certainly wouldn't do it for fucking Stark.

>Stark-senpai shows up and gives him an emotional beatdown, takes away the special suit that would have given him an easy in to the avengers
Why would Spider-Man give a fuck about those assholes?

>Peter learns he doesn't need the fancy suit, Stark's approval, or admission to the avengers
Only for him to go back on that message and take the suit back anyway.

>he wants to be friendly neighborhood spiderman

Considering how fast he went back on the first lesson, I'll believe it when I see it.

>implying "come on spiderman!" didn't make you tear the fuck up
No, it pissed me off to no end that they degraded the If This Be My Destiny scene so much.
>>
>>94172666
The thing is, companies go into things like this assuming the majority will see them nomatter what. Their goal is to sway those who wouldn't ordinarily see it, which in many cases is usually the correct thing (from a marketing standpoint) to do.
>>
>>94172870
>Washington Line
>Cringeworthy

Fuck me, how softball do they have to play with anything even remotely topical for people to be able to laugh it off?

"I'm sure the Washington monument wasn't built by slave-"

*Black guy doing the 'eh' hand motion*

Which isn't even a definite yes or no, hell the best historical conclusion is that it probably was partly funded by slave owners, but not actually built by them.
>>
>>94173004
You sure did miss the point that Spider-Man is a self-made hero and sucking up to a "senpai" should've never been part of his movie.
>>
>>94173467
>Only for him to go back on that message and take the suit back anyway.

the lesson was that he doesn't need the suit to be a hero, not that he rejects something useful beyond all reason

are you this autistic or...?
>>
>>94173467
All your points are correct escept the Iron Spide stuff.

Peter knows it's irresponsible to not take the superior suit and help on this universal threat.
>>
making Iron Man 7 instead of a solo Spider-Man movie
>>
It's probably going to make lots of money in Asia. It'll be fine financially US. The more movies that Spider-Man is in for the MCU, the more money the sequels will probably make unless Sony's spinoffs make people dislike him somehow.

Spider-Man:Homecoming
>South Korea -48,779,676
>Taiwan -$7,637,290
Captain America:Civil War
>South Korea -$62,859,896
>China -$180,794,517
>Japan -$24,366,759
>Taiwan -$16,397,475
Avengers:Age of Ultron
>South Korea -$78,286,828
>China -$240,110,000
>Japan -$26,373,434
>Taiwan -$18,417,745
>>
>>94173592
Wait so Homecoming is yet to premiere on some countries?

So saying it's a flop 100% shitposting?
>>
>>94172884
A better comparison would be if in Spider-man 2 Peter broke the train himself for the sake of punching a Dock Ock that already gave up and was on his way out

Idiot
>>
>>94173674
Yeah. China blocks all foreign films in July, which means that Spider-Man, Apes, and a few others release at once in China. Which makes me think that Marvel let Sony play themselves.
>>
>>94173674
>>94173691
Wow you guys are sad
>>
>>94173674
>it's a flop

Even without those markets it isn't a flop. It's going to boost its overall total no doubt, but it's not going to break the box office that people were spouting before it's release.
>>
Only the third act is great. Rest is so-so.
>>
>>94173716
>>94173674
No one's saying it's a flop. We're just laughing at the 70% drop
>>
>>94173467
>The suit argument

You're still harping on that?
>>
The movie wasn't bad at all. Why the fuck do you people only have two levels?
Amazing or
It's shit
>>
>>94173748
>No one's saying it's a flop
Are you for real? Have you seen the fucking threads DCshills have been making since it's release?
>>
>>94173760
The Amazing Spider-Man deserves nothing less than amazing movies
>>
>>94173533
>>94173548
>>94173751
Because it's about principles. The suit is stupid and anti-Spider-Man in all honesty. They had the perfect way to write out the high tech suits and they didn't.
>>
File: IMG_20170726_174736.png (173KB, 932x503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170726_174736.png
173KB, 932x503px
>>94173674
Even if the movie stopped making money right now it still wouldn't be a flop, as it already made (almost) 4 times it's budget back, 2 if we go with the dubious idea that marketing costs as much as the declared budget of $170million

The movie is doing TASM numbers (may even beat it) and that's not a bad thing at all, it's a lot of damn money, the only reason why Sony ultimately decided the TASM series wasn't viable it's because their budgets were too bloated, lowering the actual profits (TASM1 and TASM2 costed respectively more than Avengers and AoU to produce)

People weren't calling those flops, why are they calling the same numbers flop-tier now? The CW vs BvS debacle ruined capeshit discussion forever here as now everyone only sees these movies as a big chase to the $1billion of BO. Every new Marvel movie has been declared a flop, even CW itself, things weren't going to change for Homecoming
>>
No one wants to see Peter being Tony's little cuck.
>>
>>94172847
The point of him going after the vulture even without his suit and sparing him was to show that he wasn't doing it just to be an Avenger. In that moment he was doing what he felt was right instead of being selfish. It just happened to be the right choice to impress Tony as well.
>>
>>94173221
it is the board that displays flags
>>
>>94172666
>Middle America
>65% of the audience

Kek
>>
>>94173858
the principle is that no one *needs* a super suit to be a hero. that's it.

but just because you *can* do something without a better tool, doesn't mean it's not fucking retarded to choose a shitty tool over an objectively better one.
>>
Reboot fatigue
>>
>>94173866â–¶

>Even if the movie stopped making money right now it still wouldn't be a flop, as it already made (almost) 4 times it's budget back, 2 if we go with the dubious idea that marketing costs as much as the declared budget of $170million

kys fucking retard, the studio does NOT get all of the box office GROSS (which is the number you are referencing), from the domestic gross the average studio take is 60%, from the foreign gross the average studio take is 25-30%.

so yes, it's a flop, it was supposed to save Sony Movies by making a lot of money, and it hasn't even broke even yet while going in to it's third weekend, and suffered a massive 2nd weekend drop.

that said I don't think they had a marketing budget of $170 million, $100 million is more likely.
>>
>>94173790
just like BvS was a flop because it didn't break a billion.
Mousefags are cancerous.
>>
>>94173429
>Spidey always proves his worth in the end
Like he did in Homecoming?
>>
>>94173948
But the fact of the matter still remains that they had the opportunity to write out the stupid suit from the rest of the movies and they didn't.
>>
>BvS was a flop because sup and bat are popular so it should make a billion
>look at muh drops!
>homoflopping is n-not the same!
>*makes less than a wonder woman movie*
MCUbros, everybody
>>
>>94173965
You guys don't know what flop means, Ant-man made even less and it's getting a sequel, all phase 1 MCU movies also "flopped" yet here we are 10 years later

I already explained why Sony is "saved", they didn't waste 300-fucking-million dollars producing a Spiderman solo movie
>>
>>94173790
No
>>
Disney shills on literal suicide watch
>>
>>94172462
Imagine being this bigoted.
>>
>>94172437

Nothing, it was a great movie.
>>
File: spiderloo.jpg (39KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
spiderloo.jpg
39KB, 800x450px
>>94174046
>MCUfriends will defend this
>>
>>94174069
Feels good man
>>
Oh so BvS didn't flop either? Damn it's hard to follow you guys /co/ haha
>>
>>94174036
For what idiotic reason would they? How would have Peter in anyway improved the suit he already has? He was rocking a hoodie and sweats, had nowhere near the money to buy materials or resources outside of saving up money from a job but it's still wouldn't be anywhere near the homecoming suit. Even more important, the suit already has the classic red and blue design along with the emotive eyes.
>>
>>94174090
Good at best
Medicore cashgrab at worst
>>
I thought it was funny
>>
Vulture was the only good part.

Too many non-whites
>>
More like Spidiversity amirite
>>
>>94173221
It's called International. It is the place specifically for discussing international stuff. Considering that even there Americans are still the majority, your argument has little weight.
>>
>>94174761
/int/ is mainly for third worlders talking about their third world problems
>>
It's a movie that nobody asked for.
>>
>>94173866
>(TASM1 and TASM2 costed respectively more than Avengers and AoU to produce)

But that's wrong.
>>
Its a bloated movie with no tension or character building.

We know Peter Parker will join the Avengers, we know he will be Spider man no matter what, we know hes going to get the spider man suit in the end,

The high school is kinda just there

Vulture is good when we find out he's that girls dad, before that hes just there

Also gotta love the fact that a Salvage crew someone was able to master alien tech, convert them in weapons and sell those weapons with " no one on their ass for 8 years"

Also Vulture kills one guy seemingly by accident and then is perfectly okay knowingly trying to kill a 15/16 year old kid
>>
>>94174781
That explains why the board is mostly populated by Americans, I guess.
>>
>>94172437
Nothing, it was a good movie.
>>
File: no1_400.png (91KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
no1_400.png
91KB, 350x233px
>>94172870
>People only don't like what I like because [List of boogeymen]
>>
>>94172437
My theory is hype died and that happens with superhero movies.
>>
>>94174913
>We know Peter Parker will join the Avengers, we know he will be Spider man no matter what, we know hes going to get the spider man suit in the end,

You fucking tard, we know Spider-Man won't ultimately fail in every Spider-Man movie. In every superhero movie, even.

>The high school is kinda just there

Peter's school had a great deal more character than it generally does. The techy prep school setting also served as an explanation for how he has access to all the engineering stuff he and Ganke use throughout the movie.

>Vulture is good when we find out he's that girls dad, before that hes just there

He was a well fleshed-out villain with sympathetic motivations even before then.

>Also gotta love the fact that a Salvage crew someone was able to master alien tech, convert them in weapons and sell those weapons with " no one on their ass for 8 years"

Is it really beyond your ability to consider that they're simply very good at what they do? The Tinker and Toomes were professionals.

>Also Vulture kills one guy seemingly by accident and then is perfectly okay knowingly trying to kill a 15/16 year old kid

Not that he wasn't remotely phased by the unintentional death of creamShocker. This scene sets him up as being able to be extremely callous in regards to the lives of others when protecting his family. And, when he tells Peter he will kill him if he doesn't back off, what reason does he cite? He's protecting his family.

0/10 low effort shit, pay attention in the cinema next time.
>>
>>94172870
pretty much this. ask anyone who saw it irl and on the whole, they liked it. If it was really as terrible as 4chan insists it is, then explain that
>"they don't give a shit about comics or movies fucking normies REEEEE"
>>
Fuckin Raimitards I swear...
>>
>>94173429
>Wrong. Spidey always proves his worth in the end

Which is exactly what he did in Homecoming.

Shit, did you not watch the movie? The scene on the ferry wasn't the end of the film. There was a whole third act after that during which Peter defeated the Vulture (and saved his life) using only his cheap jammies, his wits, and his determination to do the right thing.

Your comparison of the train scene in SM2 to the boat scene in Homecoming is erroneous, as they're not scenes of the same nature. The scene of Peter pushing himself to the absolute limit in Homecoming comes later, near the end of the film.
>>
>>94174915
Your image proved otherwise, europoor
>>
>>94174915
It isn't though?
>>
>>94175079
Raimitards >>>>>>>>>> Mouseketeers = Sonyggers
>>
>>94175119
The largest group on the board is the US, dumbass.

Do you not see that flag? Shit, you have to put the three largest populations after it together just to get slightly over the US' numbers.
>>
>>94173467
>Peter wouldn't
>Why would Spider-Man
As if Spider-Man never idolized other heroes in the comics. How many times has he asked to be Cap's sidekick
>But Cap is noble and Iron Man is icky (and represents all the success Marvel has had the past couple years--oops didn't mean to type that)
The whole point of the film is him overcoming that idolization and maturing my friend pls pay attention
>>
>>94175164
How fucking stupid are you?

Do they not reach math in your third world shithole?
>>
>>94175164
You literally just proved him right, eurodumbass
>>
>>94175142
Sorry but making 1 good Spider-man move doesnt make the trilogy good...

And having the second worst Spidey suit in cinema doesn't help either, raised webs, the eyes and the emblem are so fucking ugly and havent aged well at all...
>>
>>94175176
>>94175184
>implying europe

The point is that, just like every board, the largest population group is from the US.
>>
>>94175221
>Not European
>Not American
So third worlder?
>>
>>94175111
>defeated

He exploded on his own though.Pete only saved his life
>>
>>94175332
>implying non-American

Jeezus Christ anon I was just making a joke about places like Detroit.

You realize we have a ton of communities that live in what would generally be regarded as third world conditions, right? The US is a huge country and its shittier areas are huge.
>>
>>94175497
Didn't read lol
>>
>>94172437
I think that the high school scenes didn't really resonate with people. Not because of race shifts or anything; most people really don't give a shit what colour Liz Allen is. But there was something really awkward about how those scenes were written. The kids were the main characters but I just spent those scenes hoping for Martin Starr and Hannibal Buress to show up again so there could be actual humour and dialogue beyond Ned and Pete shouting 'THAT'S SO COOOOOOL' and Zendaya being an asshole.

The superhero stuff was well done though, it's just a shame that they didn't nail the high school scenes because Spidey is a character where his out of suit life IS as important as the shit he does in the suit.
>>
File: IMG_20170717_153254.png (75KB, 656x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170717_153254.png
75KB, 656x333px
>>94174906
Ahahah, no it's not

Avengers: $220million
TASM: $230million

AoU: $250million
TASM2: NON-ANNOUNCED. Depending on who you ask it was $200million or $255million (so above AoU). Some say even $290million, the film raised many eyebrows about marketing budget and all. The series was a mess, financially
>>
I don't know how to describe it very well, but the movie had this way of being very pushy and awkward in a sense of political correctness and overall punchlines. I don't mind flash being a Spanish kid who looks Indian, Pete's half black crush or Pete's fat friend. MJ's role was absolutely unnecessary in every sense of her playing as "that chick" who made no effort in pretending to care and making comments nobody asked for. And Peter was a bit too emotional for my taste but I guess it shows how young and naive he is. Besides that it'd be alright if it wasn't being so try hard.
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.png (2MB, 1920x776px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.png
2MB, 1920x776px
>>94172870
>>
>>94176340
>FloaterMan
>FloaterMan
>>
>>94172437
The fact that they showed the villain so early on and showed his exact motive really killed any suspense or mystery. Not to mention the pacing was strange and a lot of the scenes just felt tacked on without really coming together as a whole. Also this is like the third Spider-Man reboot so of course people are getting tired of it.
>>
>>94172562
>implying there can be a reason for disliking a good thing other than contrarianism.

What if the person didn't think it's good.

I liked the film but goddamn you guys have weird ideas about art on this website.

Why do you all get so pushy trying to get people to admit that your opinions on entertainment are right? There's always gonna be people who like or dislike something. You shouldn't expect other people to conform to your or anyone else's opinions on art.
>>
File: 1491760516374.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491760516374.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>94173517
Anon, take a look around
>>
>>94176340
>still frame
>HAHAHAHAHA GOTEEM
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.