[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, i stumbled upon this fan film a while ago: https://youtu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: sandman.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sandman.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
So, i stumbled upon this fan film a while ago:
https://youtu.be/5kIP70LAIBI
what you guys think about it? i know i'm probably way too late to the party, but i liked it.
>>
>>94165312
good intro so far. i'm skeptical though because i don't think any sandman production that isn't animated will ever be good
>>
yeah this is too slow paced and weird. not in to it.
>>
>>94165312
It was very decent.

The animated part was amazing and hype as fuck, I pay to see more of the Sandman in that style, live action be dammed

Curious to see how they will handle "Collectors" next.
>>
>>94165719
Stick around then, you'll be surprised
>>94165783
The pace is mosrly the same as in that comic chapter, is part of the appeal
>>
>>94165783
reminds me about MTV oddities.
they really aced it by making the dreamscape animated.
>>
>>94165803
yeah it's shit unless it's animated. in terms of a fan video i can tell they worked hard and i think they did a great job, but it has to be fully animated.
>>
>>94165820
>>94165916

I used to think a live action Sandman could work if it had high enough production values while watching this short, but in the end it actually convinced me animated was the perfect medium to go
>>
File: beethoven.jpg (67KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
beethoven.jpg
67KB, 500x699px
>when the allegro kicks in
Man, that Beethoven guy was a madman.
>>
>>94165312
Wow, that animated part was gorgeus! You can tell a lot of love went into this and with a better budget it could be fantastic.
>>
File: dreamstone.jpg (322KB, 600x855px) Image search: [Google]
dreamstone.jpg
322KB, 600x855px
>>
>>94166020
Yeah, but it would have to be animation like the one on this fan film. If it were in the style of the DTV shit that DC is putting out lately, it would be awful.
>>
>>94166436
it would look more like an animated comic.
i like the idea.
>>
>>94166020
I honestly don't think Dc/Warner bros would fork out the budget to give it the adaption it deserves, you are right though animation is likely the best way to go
>>
>>94166436
yeah it would have to be more psychedelic to even be presentable
>>
>>94166690
Yeah, something similar to Heavy Metal maybe and just go balls to the wall psychedelic or invite different animators and give each one a different chapter to adapt.
>>
File: 1500528507031.jpg (97KB, 604x499px) Image search: [Google]
1500528507031.jpg
97KB, 604x499px
>>94165312
>tfw the animation kicks in
The acted segments were pretty good, but the animation segment blew my fucking mind away.
The actor that portrayed Dream also looked much better than I expected.
>>
>>94166840
i remember there was a comic fb page i used to follow before it blocked me. this came up a few years ago. someone suggested it be a series and i was like "nope. no way that's going to happen. the budget would be too big and even if it wasn't a flop it'd end up being cancelled like that Rome show on HBO. it has to be animated"
>>
>>94165312
that animation is fucking sublime
>>
File: fall.png (346KB, 405x421px) Image search: [Google]
fall.png
346KB, 405x421px
The Corinthian part is laughably bad and the actors in general are not very good. But, still, you've gotta give credits to the crew, it shows the love they have for Sandman, specially with the animated sequence. Still, it shows it could be done like in American Gods.
That was what I thought when I first watched it, I don't want to watch it again, is not that good.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.