/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zack Snyder's future at Warner Bros.' DC movies: Limited

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 21

>Zack Snyder, primary engineer of the DC Comics movie universe since Man of Steel, whose creative vision has been polarizing to say the least, will take a significantly smaller role with the franchise going forward, as will his wife, producer Deborah Snyder, Mashable has learned.

>The Snyders left Justice League as director and producer in May, saying they needed time to grieve for their 20-year-old daughter, who had died by suicide two months before. Multiple sources with knowledge of Warner Bros.' plans say that as the DC Extended Universe moves forward, the Snyders will no longer have anything like the level of creative influence that got the franchise to this point.

>For its part, Warners strongly denied the notion that the Snyders would no longer be actively involved in creative decision-making. Toby Emmerich, Warner Bros. Pictures Group president and chief content officer, said in a statement that the Snyders would maintain a role:

>The Snyders remain an important part of the Warner Bros. family and are actively involved in several upcoming DC pictures, including their continued creative input on Justice League. We are excited about our partnership and look forward to our continued collaboration.
>>
>>94159107
>Indeed, Zack and Deborah will be getting respective directing and producing credits on Justice League — they oversaw the bulk of production after all — and it's still possible that they'll carry executive producer or other types of credits for future DC films. But that involvement will be at a distance, multiple sources say, and for the time being the two are spending time with family while figuring out their next move, which is understood to include Warner Bros. films not within the DCEU.

>While the Snyders' phasing out may not come entirely as a surprse, it's sure to send a shockwave through DC fandom, which fiercely supported Snyders' films in the face of harsh critical reception. And struggles with the Snyders were not entirely due to the increasingly hostile critical reactions to their films — Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad in particular: Warner Bros. brass was becoming increasingly concerned with their tendency to drive up budgets, and have been anxious for a freshened creative direction that manifested in Wonder Woman, on which the Snyders were producers.

>Zack Snyder had been heavily involved in all of DC's movies to-date; he directed Man of Steel and Batman v Superman and was an executive producer on Suicide Squad. And future films like Aquaman, Suicide Squad 2 and The Flash: Flashpoint still carry his name in producing roles.

>His creative imprint — a dark, metallic visual style and grim, brooding, muscular-emo sensibility — were all over the DCEU, and will surely linger into future films. But the post-Snyders regime is widely expected to take the films in a more hopeful, colorful, comic-book inflected direction — like what we saw work so well with Wonder Woman.
>>
>>94159110
>At the forefront of that effort is Geoff Johns, who swiftly ascended from the comic-book world to become president and chief creative officer at Warners' DC division last year, reporting to Diane Nelson, president of DC Entertainment. His close creative partner and secret weapon will be Joss Whedon, who stepped in for the departing Snyders to finish Justice League. As Variety first reported on Monday, extensive re-shoots are under way on that film, and more than the usual regularly scheduled pickup shots; sources confirm that while Snyder's action sequences are useable, a wide swath of story and dialogue are being redone.

>Whedon also has Batgirl on the DC slate, which is expected to proceed on schedule. But Whedon — who never quite got the credit he deserved as a key architect of Marvel's cinematic universe alongside Kevin Feige after Avengers: Age of Ultron — will be a major part of WB's creative team in the future.

>To some, the same can possibly be said for Aquaman director James Wan and Matt Reeves, the War for the Planet of the Apes director who is taking over the directing chair from Ben Affleck on the planned Batman movie. It's early yet, but Reeves' reputation after Apes could not be more sterling, his world-building chops are clearly first rate and the studio will throw its support to him.

>Another person whose involvement is now in question: David Ayer, the Suicide Squad helmer, who is still listed as the director of the Harley Quinn-led spinoff Gotham City Sirens. That film was not featured in Warner Bros.' Comic-Con sizzle reel of nine upcoming DC movies last weekend, and sources say Ayer won't ultimately be part of their plans. Ayer's rep flatly denied that he's off the project, saying it's still in development and that the script is not yet complete.
>>
Good.
>>
>>94159107
>Hey, sorry your daughter killed herself, but we got to get the move on rushing these cinematic abortions out the door, so since you'll be holding us back, your career is done.

DC fans will support this.
>>
>>94159107
>Multiple sources with knowledge of Warner Bros.' plans

fake news, next.
>>
Thank you, suicidegirl. Your sacrifice was not in vain.
>>
>>94159133
>But there are other signs that he's moving on: Ayer seemed to signal his discontent with his WB/DC experience at his Comic-Con panel on Thursday for Bright, the fantasy buddy-cop film that Netflix gave him $90 million to make.

>"I don't think people realize the situation filmmakers face," he said, stressing that Netflix didn't intervene in his process — they just let him run with it. "[Bright] isn't like, some bullshit standard issue studio PG-13 movie. I was able to do some real shit here," said Ayer, who has directed exactly one PG-13 movie in his career: Suicide Squad.

>Patty Jenkins, on the other hand, is definitely in the insiders club — as if there would be any doubt of that, given that Wonder Woman is now the DCEU's most successful film.

>At the very first screening of Wonder Woman for select press, Johns and the WW director held court at a reception that followed; as things wound down and people were leaving, Johns and Jenkins shared a warm embrace and exchanged kind words — they knew they had made something special, and it was clear that its director and DC's new creative honcho are fans of one another.

>And the timing of changes at Warners' DC division are not entirely coincidental: Kevin Tsujihara, chairman and CEO of Warner Bros. Entertainment, knows he needs to get his studio's most important house in order before parent company Time Warner's impending merger with AT&T. New bosses will want to see more results like Wonder Woman — which is still legging out record-breaking box office on a leaner budget — and less like Batman v Superman, which was a bona fide worldwide hit, but plunged in its ensuing weekends and cost a massive fortune.
>>
I know the movies were bad but I wouldn't kill myself over it.
>>
>>94159154
>The Snyders are certainly not without their fans. Their exit will be a particular blow to the faction of DC Comics' fandom that supported them fiercely, loyally and vocally against critics — and that includes the people they've worked with.

>One of them, Ray Fisher, who plays Cyborg in Justice League, wore an "I [heart] ZS" (for Zack Snyder) T-shirt to the film's panel at Comic-Con (which Zack Snyder, who is always at Comic-Con championing his films, did not attend).

>It was — perhaps well-known to Fisher — a final Comic-Con tribute at the end of an era that has defined modern superhero movies, like it or not.

http://mashable.com/2017/07/25/zack-snyder-dc-dceu-movies-justice-league-david-ayer-gotham-city-sirens/#yPr1BUFLykqH
>>
File: 2 down.png (391KB, 976x504px) Image search: [Google]
2 down.png
391KB, 976x504px
rats fleeing the sinking shit that is DC
>>
If only we got a full reboot to reverse the permanent damage.
>>
>>94159154

Is it part of your Netflix contract to defend how cool their cannibalistic approach to distribution is?
>>
Good. Getting a competent director like Matt Reeves is already a step in the right direction
>>
It's weird to see the DCEU franchise slowly being to right itself after being such a pile of awful from the getgo.

I know the vocal minority that love Snyder and hate Whedon will never shut up about this but things are finally looking up for the DC movie slate.
>>
This is a weird article. Zach was always leaving after Justice League. He wanted to work on some George Washington movie in the style of 300.
He mentioned it before even starting Justice League.
He made 3 movies already. what else is he going to do?
>>
>>94159135
>cinematic abortions
But Wonder Woman was a smash success, senpai.
>>
Look on the bright side, Zack. At least now you can spend more time with the remaining members of your family.
>>
>>94159107
Never noticed that Zack is slightly wall eyed. Does he have a glass eye or something?
>>
File: [Sound of Silence plays].webm (3MB, 320x410px) Image search: [Google]
[Sound of Silence plays].webm
3MB, 320x410px
Zack "The Hack" Snyder
>>
>>94159196
Wait...Valiant's making actual FILM films?

I thought their entire initiative was Bat in the Sun guy's fanfilms with JDF as Bloodshot?
>>
>>94159196
WAIT, WAIT, WAIT. Are you telling me SONY is in charge of the Valiant Cinematic Universe? God fucking dammit.
>>
>>94159312
Oh right, Wonder Woman. The ONE movie that was a success. I liked it better when it was called Captain America: the First Avenger.
>>
>It took the death of his daughter to stop him from making bad movies
Monkey's Paw is a hell of a thing.
>>
>>94159312
He wasn't as involved as all other movies, because the director basically told him to fuck off.
>>
DCEU Fans are Sick
>>
>>94159467
>The ONE movie that was a success.
All DCEU movies were financial successes.

>I liked it better when it was called Captain America: the First Avenger.
Of course you did.
>>
More fake news.
>>
>>94159196
Wait, isn't the guy who played Tommy in Power Rangers playing Bloodshot?
>>
>>94159527
Aye These DCEU Fans are sick just leave them
>>
>>94159490
You mean besides being the guy who pushed making the film when the bigwigs thought it would bomb and getting a scriptwriting credit in the film?
>>
>>94159567
>he watches movies for illiterate chinese children and complains about another movie for illiterate chinese children
>>
>>94159467
>I liked it better when it was called Captain America: the First Avenger

Wonder Woman is a much better movie, and I say that not being a huge fan of either character.
>>
>>94159135
>>94159147
>>94159134
>>94159107
its fake news, they even debunk it IN the article

>For its part, Warners strongly denied the notion that the Snyders would no longer be actively involved in creative decision-making. Toby Emmerich, Warner Bros. Pictures Group president and chief content officer, said in a statement that the Snyders would maintain a role:

>The Snyders remain an important part of the Warner Bros. family and are actively involved in several upcoming DC pictures, including their continued creative input on Justice League. We are excited about our partnership and look forward to our continued collaboration.
>>
>>94159196
>sinking

sure, mate
>>
File: BvSPoll.jpg (28KB, 468x579px) Image search: [Google]
BvSPoll.jpg
28KB, 468x579px
>>94159291
>vocal minority

son, you have no way of proving that. If anything its a majority. Rotten Romatoes gives BvS and MoS audience ratings over 60%. BvS was one of most profitable movies Warners ever put out. And pic related. You have literally 0 proof that its a vocal minority.
>>
>>94159764
You mispelled damage control.
>>
>>94159804
BvS sold so much merch, especially to adults. I know the logos are good for t-shirts but it was ridiculous how bvs merch destroyed civil war.
>>
>>94159490
....are you retarded? Literally every report goes against your narrative.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/05/22/wonder-woman-producer-zack-snyder-reveals-what-attracts-fans

>Snyder, who came up with the story for the film and also serves as the producer, spoke about Wonder Woman’s importance in today’s culture and why fans are drawn to the member of DC’s Trinity.

>“This idea that, like, this warrior for love will set the world right, and not through what we would consider the normal sort of, like, aggressive male, like ‘grrrr, I’m gonna fight for it,’ though if challenged, of course she will,” Snyder said. “But this deep sort of impossible for, I think at first, impossible to understand this mystery of sort of feminine power but that it’s driving you to have to explore.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-gal-gadot-patty-jenkins-honor-zack-snyder-share-sequel-thoughts-1007553

"Zack was making Batman V Superman simultaneous to making this, but he was very instrumental in the direction the film was going to take. That ended up leading to my signing on, because I know enough about these worlds now that unless we really have a shared vision, it's going to be two years of fighting, and who wants that?" - Jenkins

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/talking-wonder-woman-director-patty-jenkins/

Do you just enjoy making things up instead of actually doing research like a smart person?
>>
>>94159926
Marveltards need to be communicated to in quips otherwise they can't understand.
>>
>>94159764

>look forward to our continued collaboration

Oof.

In studio speak, that's only slightly better than ,"We wish him well in his future endeavors."
>>
>>94159858
Yeah the two most mainstream of heroes in a team up movie sold more merch to normies than a bunch of characters who were B-list at best 10 years ago. How utterly baffling.
>>
>>94160033
the sad thing is you probably genuinely believe what you type... how delusional do you have to be to think "continued collaboration" somehow means they arent working together anymore? Do you have ANY proof to back that up?
>>
>>94160052
its so sad that you always have to throw up excuses.

You know Superman Returns didnt move much merchandise right? And that one of the reasons they stopped doing the burton movies was because they failed the move merchandise on the levels they wanted, right? Its not like these characters always magically move merch.
>>
>>94159147
Edgy
>>
>>94159107
Good. They don't need a guy who thinks comics are stupid planning out the the universe. Put Geoff Johns in charge of the overall planning and let directors execute their vision. It's already going to take a lot of retconning to fix the mess he made with only 2 films.
>>
Every time these threads show up as having more than 20 unique posters I'm a little surprised.
>>
>>94159196
Jesus that's like escaping the Titanic to buy a ticket for the Hindenburg
>>
>>94159659
He didn't get screenplay credit, he got story credit because he came up with the whole World War 1 thing. Patty Jenkins said in an interview she spent more time collaborating with Geoff Johns than Snyder.
>>
>>94159135
>pretending he wouldn't have been kicked out even if his daughter didn't die
>pretending MoS wasn't literally rushed out the door because a pending lawsuit and Snyder was an easy to work with director they could throw the script at
>pretending he isn't the direct reason Batman was forced into what should have been MoS2 and turned into the abortion that was BvS
lmao
>>
>>94159133
> But Whedon — who never quite got the credit he deserved as a key architect of Marvel's cinematic universe alongside Kevin Feige after Avengers: Age of Ultron — will be a major part of WB's creative team in the future.
Key architect my ass. He was brought onto Avengers after around the time First Avenger started filming.
>>
>>94159294
>He wanted to work on some George Washington movie in the style of 300.
Jesus Christ, will his hackery ever end?
>>
>>94159659

How does it feel to be so closed to being correct, yet ultimately fail? Read her later interviews.
>>
>>94160353
Yeah, and Thanos and making various objects Infinity Stones was all his idea. Not to mention making Loki a household name. He also came in mid filming on The Dark World to save the movie from being literally unwatchable.
>>
>>94160426
He actually wants to make some shitty Ayn Rand movie, so no.
>>
>>94159679
How is it a better movie?
>>
>>94160202
>a guy who thinks comics are stupid

hahaha what? Snyder loves comics. Gimme a source on your bullshit.
>>
File: 2349157-geoffjohns_564[1].jpg (96KB, 564x806px) Image search: [Google]
2349157-geoffjohns_564[1].jpg
96KB, 564x806px
>DC forces his Flashpoint story into rebooting the DC universe
>everyone hates it
>he comes up with Rebirth
>single handedly saves the company and fixes the New 52
>WB hires Goyer and Snyder to make MoS in a rush before they get sued
>it's meh
>Snyder makes BvS and is the biggest laughing stock in the comic book movie world since Batman and Robin
>WB decides to promote Geoff Johns and help out on the movies
>first movie he's involved in is Wonder Woman
>universally praised and potentially the most profitable movie they've made yet
>gets Snyder fired and Whedon hired

Is there anything this man can't do?
>>
>>94160649
Don't forget his unflinching love of cereal
>>
>>94160506
The Fountainhead isnt even the most "Randian" rand book. And from all accounts, Snyder's read on it is almost completely apolitcal, he just wants to examine the part of it thats about an architect creating art in a world thats against him.

I mean he very obviously doesnt prescribe to Rand's philosophies at all. Just by the very fact that him and his wife so many adopted kids is enough to prove that.
>>
>>94160506
>Snyder sucks Ayn Rand's manly cock
That explains a lot, actually.
>>
>>94160591
>"My mother saw I was into this comic called 'Heavy Metal' magazine, so she got me a subscription. You could call it 'high-brow' comics, but to me, that comic book was just pretty sexy! I had a buddy who tried getting me into 'normal' comic books, but I was all like, 'No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.' I was a little broken, that way. So when 'Watchmen' came along, I was, 'This is more my scene.'"

https://moviepilot.com/posts/3896982
>>
>>94160649
>>94160667
you guys are pretty dumb. You think a movie is a laughing stock when all signs point to it being popular among the public see >>94159804

Also Whedon was hired before Johns came on board and had been working with Snyder since about halfway through production of JL. From what the actor who played Cyborg said, Snyder picked Whedon himself.
>>
YAAAAS! TIME FOR QUIPS!

QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS

I WANT QUIPS

QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS

GIVE ME QUIPS!
>>
>>94160649
>Snyder makes BvS and is the biggest laughing stock in the comic book movie world since Batman and Robin
What is Green Lantern? What is Jonah Hex? What is Catwoman? What is Elektra? What is Daredevil? What is Fant4stic? What is Spider-Man Homecoming?
>>
>>94159804
>>94160716
I'm sorry, I didn't realize a poll of 3000 neckbeards on the internet was indicative of the movie being widely popular. Look, if even fucking Kevin Smith can't find the movie enjoyable, it's probably shit - he loves literally everything, Batman being his favorite.
>>
>>94160697
hahaha you retards always bring this out. Are you really surprised that a TEENAGER liked heavy metal and Watchmen? Really? Hell, Grant Morrison like Heavy Metal as a kid too, does that mean he hates comics? Is context that hard for you? Find me something better than that son.
>>
>>94160760
why do you do this? Why only respond to a single part of a post instead of the whole thing? You know there was more evidence poster right? Do you like looking retarded?
>>
>>94160716
Johns has been working with them since before BvS came out. His first project was Wonder Woman, as Suicide Squad was already done filming and in post production. He then got another promotion after that where WB decided to put him and Jon Berg in charge of everything.
>>
>>94160760
>hurr durr one shitty filmmaker didnt like it so its a laughing stock!!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>94159567
>stating a fact is sick
Let me guess, you are also a liberal.
>>
>>94160718
Quips take a minimum of effort on the writer's part.
It's much easier to make up "badass" lines like
>Consider this mercy!
>>
>>94159467
>war movie
>HURR IT'S COPYING MARVEL
MCU truly shrinks your brain
>>
>>94160052
So either bvs isn't as hated as you want to pretend of marvel. Isn't as popular as you wanted to be.

Fun fact more people dressed as superman for Halloween in 2016 than in 2015, and less people dresses as captain America than in 2015.
>>
>>94160792
>REEEEE
>why won't you just blindly accept my #alternativeFacts??
>REEEEE
>>
>>94160697
>I had a buddy who tried getting me into 'normal' comic books, but I was all like, 'No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.'
Sounds like the average /co/ eurocomic hipster cuck to me.
>>
>>94160202
Johns is the reason the flash movie died.

He literally killed an entire movie because he pitched cyborg.
>>
>>94160801
>Johns has been working with them since before BvS came out. His first project was Wonder Woman, as Suicide Squad was already done filming and in post production. He then got another promotion after that where WB decided to put him and Jon Berg in charge of everything.

Uh no. He was chief creator officer for DC, so of course he has that roll to play in all the movies, but thats virtually nothing.

Here in the article about his promotion (which was when he started to have a real hand in the movies) it even states how JL started filming before Johns got the promotion. Why do you retards spew shit you make up instead of getting facts using an easy google search?

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/geoff-johns-promoted-president-of-dc-entertainment-1201824871/
>>
>>94160845
so your 0 evidence is more evidence than ticket sales, rotten tomatoes polling, and CBM polling? Okay kid.
>>
>>94159467
>I liked it better when it was called Captain America: the First Avenger.

I loved when Cap was born in a immortal man-only island created by a god to stop the god of war from corrupting the humanity, saves a foreign spy from a plane wreck, he and his friends fight a modern group of soldiers with old weapons in their island, learns about the outside world from the spy and becomes convinced that the god of war is manipulating humanity into an never ending war and leaves the island only to find himself in a fish out of the water situation in which he has to learn about the modern ways while trying to convince his spy friend of the existence of the god of war, they go to the front to stop the mass production of a lethal gas, he uses his magical powers to cross no man's land and finally they find that the bloodthirsty general isn't the god of war but the guy who was negotiating the peace treaty knowing full well that those negotiations were going to cause WW2 even if his german minions failed to destroy london with their gas

But yeah she has a shield, I hope they don't get sued
>>
File: trying_too_hard.jpg (23KB, 465x193px) Image search: [Google]
trying_too_hard.jpg
23KB, 465x193px
>>94160832
>people dressed as superman for Halloween
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YjGrZYRAtc
>>
>>94160801
>hurr durr im going to make things up without any proof

you can even see it on his IMDB. He had executive producer roles up to WW due to being chief creative officer, but then has actual Producer credits on movies he actually had a hand in (like Green Lantern and now JL and beyond).
>>
>>94159107
>Limited at best, dunzo at worst
Shouldn't that be the other way around?
>>
>>94160754
>What is Spider-Man Homecoming?
A FUH-LOP!
>>
>>94160681
He's also the son of Christian "scientists".

Even he must realize that any serious Objetivist would laugh at that and never stop.
>>
>>94160811
>how dare they have action movie dialogue in an action movie!
>dance off, you and me bro, thats so much better writing omg!!!!

oy vey
>>
>>94159107
>movies that are directed by Snyder underperform and are critically mixed-unanimously negative
>movies that aren't directed by Snyder meet/surpass expectations, are critically lauded or in the case of Wonder Woman, both

Not really surprised WB wants to boot Snyder out of the DCEU after JL. If Aquaman and Shazam do well, Zack ain't ever coming back.
>>
>>94160863
Sounds like every person that got into comics without starting in capeshit. Nothing wrong with that, going into capeshit is hard when you start with more mature and crazy stuff. Snyder got into capeshit because if watchmen and tdkr, nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>94160811
>quips take effort

lmao, does anyone have any orange slices?
>>
>>94160932
why dont you actually try engaging in covnersation instead of being a glib, meme spouting chucklefuck?
>>
>>94159110
>it's sure to send a shockwave through DC fandom, which fiercely supported Snyders' films in the face of harsh critical reception.
Fuck off. Don't lump all DCbros in with the DCEUfags #NotAllDCFans
>>
>>94160874
You just reiterated what I said. He was working on Wonder Woman, Patty has said she worked with him a lot on it and he got producer credit, then he got an official promotion to be the head honcho in charge of the whole thing. Nothing I said was incorrect.
>>
>>94160353
You do know that he was the one who came up with the idea of making Infinity War as the ovearching storyline, right? Literally what the whole of the MCU has been building up to since Avengers.
>>
>>94160974
yeah for real, and from all accounts Snyder is a super nice guy always helping out everyone that works for him and hiring people he likes on a whime (like the military girl in MoS was specifically hired because Snyder saw her in a commercial and wanted to use her). Not really Rand at all.
>>
>>94160426
Wasn't that a robot chicken skit?
>>
>>94160983
>>94161004
Dude, EPIIIIIIIIC!!!! XD
>>
>>94161024
>Patty has said she worked with him a lot on it and he got producer credit

source?

And no, i didnt re-iterate what you said. You said he worked on BvS, MoS, Skwad, and he really didnt. From all ive heard about WW he just helped decide costumes in post.
>>
>>94160999
He never got into capeshit beyond Watchmen and TDKR though is the problem. He can do all the visual homages he wants, but he certainly doesn't try to make the characters act like how they're supposed to.
>>
>>94159294
>This is a weird article. Zach was always leaving after Justice League.

He and the wife were listed as co-producers on all the movies going forward. He's still going to be listed as a co-producer on the Aquaman movie, for example.

He cast all of the principal leads (save whomever will be the Lanterns).

He story-lined all the plot points - how the principals got their power, etc.
>>
>>94161060
>I-I don't have an argument
>I know, I'll say EPIC! THAT WILL REALLY TEACH THEM!!!

I feel bad for the person that has to change your diapers and wipe your ass.
>>
>>94160649
>Is there anything this man can't do?
Write a decent story since 2007
>>
File: Johns and Whedon got this.png (86KB, 410x750px) Image search: [Google]
Johns and Whedon got this.png
86KB, 410x750px
>>94159133
>At the forefront of that effort is Geoff Johns
Based Cereal King gonna save the DCEU.

>His close creative partner and secret weapon will be Joss Whedon
>who stepped in for the departing Snyders to finish Justice League
>extensive re-shoots are under way on that film
>a wide swath of story and dialogue are being redone.
>will be a major part of WB's creative team in the future
Glorious. Maybe, juts maybe those two can save the DCEU.
>>
>>94161073
>You said he worked on BvS, MoS, Skwad
No I didn't. I said the first movie he worked on was Wonder Woman, because Suicide Squad was already done filming and in post production.

Here's your proof that he worked heavily with Patty on Wonder Woman.

http://collider.com/wonder-woman-2-geoff-johns-patty-jenkins-dceu/
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/6gc5mp/i_am_patty_jenkins_director_of_monster_and_wonder/dip41ut/

>Geoff and I worked super closely to work on the script and the story

There's also various tweets from both of them while they were in the writing stages you can go look up.
>>
>>94160202
>Put Geoff Johns in charge of the overall planning

You mean, put the Cereal Lord in an even more exalted position so he can get WB to adapt more of his shitty canon, like make Flashpoint as the FIRST movie for The Flash?
>>
>>94161191
Whatever it fucking takes so I never have to sit through something like MoS or BvS again.
>>
>>94159154
>Johns and the WW director held court at a reception that followed
Bend the fucking DCEUfags. Your pretender Snyder's reign of terror is over.
>>
>>94161191
Maybe it'll be the story he actually wanted to write before DC made him turn it into a reboot. Kinda like season 1 of the show.
>>
>>94159294
>Zach was always leaving after Justice League
Except that we know from other reports (including WB's own release slate that they announced) that JL was originally supposed to be two movies shot back-to-back. But after the reception of BvS they canned that idea and apparently brought Johns on to help re-write the movies into a single one on the fly (since JL began shooting two weeks after BvS came out)
>>
>>94160649
>this man

He's forcing WB to use his shitty Flashpoint story into the first Flash movie. And that's not the only thing (which he's already been doing to WB Animation and to the Berlanti verse on the DCW).

Goyer got the Cereal Lord his first job, as an assistant for Donner, which got DC to take his fan fiction seriously and let him write comics. He got Goyer a writing gig with DC which got people to take Goyer seriously as an adaptor of comic book stories. Goyer gets introduced to Nolan, who gives absolute no fucks about comic book canon or comic books, so Goyer does the minimal bit of work and sells Nolan on doing the same thing to Superman since Goyer wants to continue the paycheck train even though he knows Nolan prefers to work alone or with his brother and won't be doing genre/comic book stories pass Batman.

Thus The Cereal Lord is, very much so even if indirectly, responsible for both MoS and BvS
>>
>>94159804
>Rotten Romatoes gives BvS and MoS audience ratings over 60%
>pic related
Except fans are far more likely to seek out and vote on these types of things. BvS had a fucking B Cinemascore.

That'd be like trying to use a tumblr poll on should the next Batman be a trans, black woman as proof that people want it.
>>
>>94159926
>I think Zack mostly had an influence in getting things back in order to be a good origin story, and then Geoff and I worked super closely to work on the script and the story and Zack was a great producer, but creatively they gave me the reins.

Patty Jenkins herself.
>>
>>94161319
Boy, you sure had to jump through some hoops to come up with all of that.
>>
>>94161177
oh okay, I misread. My bad. And thanks for the sources, genuinely didnt know that.
>>
>>94161161
but Snyder was the one who brought Whedon in.....

>extensive re-shoots are under way on that film

uh no? why do you believe shitty clickbait from "sources" when actual actors have said otherwise

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/22/justice-leagues-cyborg-praises-joss-whedon/

During the Q&A session at the end of today’s Justice League panel in Hall H at San Diego Comic Con, Ray Fisher responded to a fan’s question about the reshoots the DC team-up flick had recently undergone.

“They’re brief if anything,” Fisher explained.

“Joss is a great guy and Zack picked a great guy to finish up for him,” said Fisher.
>a wide swath of story and dialogue are being redone.

kek no they arent

DO you enjoy looking retarded?
>>
>>94160485
So? He contributed one idea that other writers and studio execs actually plotted out and executed.

Whedon wanted to do Ultron AND Loki in the first Avengers movie.

Feige said no to a lot of his bullshit. He's the one that decided to make a Thor movie just to set up Loki years before Whedon was even in talks.

And lets not pretend that TDW wasn't a mess with or without Whedon. The original script was pretty solid, written by Yost, aka the guy that made Earth's Mightiest Heroes so goddamn good. Then it was demanded by the committee that it be rewritten for more Loki because of the success of The Avengers. Complete with Natalie Portman's tantrums about the directors, the idea that Whedon saved anything and didn't just contribute to the mess is laughable.
>>
>>94161012
fuck you you're all fucking cancer
>>
File: Cereal King.png (304KB, 780x1034px) Image search: [Google]
Cereal King.png
304KB, 780x1034px
>>94160649
PRAISE THIS MAN
>>
>>94160754
>What is Spider-Man Homecoming?
A good movie that you fags can't stop crying about?
>>
>>94161344
so where is your proof to the contrary? oh just your conjecture on what you see on the internet? and way to ignore the fact that it was one of the most profitable WB movies ever....
>>
>>94161381
you're retarded if you think that in anyway means she told Zack to fuck off. I mean, he even has a story credit and in YOUR OWN QUOTE she says " Zack mostly had an influence in getting things back in order to be a good origin story, "

also way to actually provide a source there champ....
>>
>>94160754
With those movies he was literally just "the comic book guy" consultant with zero power though. They were all done before the boom and WB actually started treating them seriously.
>>
>>94160874
>chief creator officer for DC, so of course he has that roll to play in all the movies

It's Chief Creative - his job is to make sure that the people doing the adaptations (and this includes animation, Film, TV, if they were going to do something like the Avengers on Ice or similar, or a theater play - in other words, any other than comic books and graphic novels (books are a different person). His job was to get people interested in OR if they were already interested in the material, familiarize them with the stories and arcs that already existed.

Johns mostly used that to get WB Animation to adapt Flashpoint into a movie and to adapt Justice League Origins and Justice League Throne of Atlantis into movies. He then worked to get Greg Berlanti to adapt his version of Barry Allen for The Flash.

He's also butt buddies with Goyer since they have helped each other along, and Goyer was the one to help him get his foot in the door with Richard Donner, which is the reason WB thought he SOME movie live action background and got him the COO and DC Films jobs in the first place.
>>
>>94159107
I told you all that leaving because of the death was just a convenient excuse to have Snyder bow out without causing anyone to look bad.
But noooo you though movie studios aren't staffed by cynical fucktards or something.
>>
Why are there never these types of articles for other studios? You don't hear much from FOX or Marvel Studios.

It's like every two days there's a new story about the DCEU.
>>
>>94161081
Bullshit, he tries to work with characters that are trapped by continuity and at the same time gave them new stories. Nothing wrong with that, not muh fags are cancer, the movies were boring, that's the problem, not the change of characterisation.
>>
>>94161390

The Cereal Lord was COO when MoS was in production. He could have at least given Snyder (and Goyer and Nolan) notes about things like the neck snap, the genetic cradle, the Kents, etc. I mean it's not like the Cereal Lord has no idea of the Superman mythos.

My point is that people who want to separate Johns from anything that happened in the New 52 as if Rebirth is what he would have done if he was solely in charge are the same type of people who want to separate Johns from Snyder or Goyer and claim he'll do things substantially differently.
>>
>>94161470
>but Snyder was the one who brought Whedon in
Keep telling yourself that.
>why do you believe shitty clickbait from "sources" when actual actors have said otherwise
>"I can't wait to start directing Batman" - Ben Affleck
Why the fuck would you believe anything officially said by the studio or the actors involved? They obviously have a vested interest in toeing the line and making it seem like everything is fine.
>DO you enjoy looking retarded?
DO you enjoy being a company stooge that swallows every load they shoot you? I bet you totally believe that the version of Suicide Squad we got was really David Ayer's version. After all he did say
>this cut of the movie is my cut, there’s no sort of parallel universe version of the movie, the released movie is my cut.
The studio said that as well so it must be true right?
>>
>>94159107
>Mashable has learned.

Literally , who?
>>
>>94161671
>“Joss is a great guy and Zack picked a great guy to finish up for him,” said Fisher.
> Zack picked a great guy to finish up for him,” said Fisher.

do you not know how to read?
>>
>>94161515
>so where is your proof to the contrary?

>27%
>69.1%
>B cinemascore
>Only 330 domestic
>Only 873 worldwide
>>
File: rushing.png (656KB, 823x596px) Image search: [Google]
rushing.png
656KB, 823x596px
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-2-release-date-set-1022782
>Wonder Woman 2, the follow-up to this year's superhero hit, will be in theaters on Dec. 13, 2019.
>>
>>94161536
>she says " Zack mostly had an influence in getting things back in order to be a good origin story, "
Those are literally meaningless buzzwords though.

Source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/6gc5mp/i_am_patty_jenkins_director_of_monster_and_wonder/dip4v8t/
>>
>>94161579
Because things are mostly going well for those studios comic book franchises, especially in comparison to the DECU.
>>
>>94161798
but none of that proves they arent like by the majoirty.... if anything those prove that its a large vocal minority that hate it. Also see >>94160832
>>
>>94161828
>these words are meaningless buzzwords because I say so

they really arent, they all mean things and come together to deliver a message. They arent, in anyway, buzz. Do you even know what a buzzword is?
>>
>>94161742
Do you really think an actor in the movie, especially a young unknown actor, is going to come and spill the beans?

>"I can't wait to start directing Batman"
>this cut of the movie is my cut, there’s no sort of parallel universe version of the movie, the released movie is my cut.
Do you know how to read?
>>
>>94161579
because those studios are competent
>>
>>94161821
neat

I was worried we would have to wait until 2020
>>
>>94161798
>implying 330 domestic and 873 worldwide means the majority hate it

are you stupid? by that logic Iron Man 1 + 2 are unpopular and so are half the transformers movies....
>>
>>94161481
It was actually different. The studio demanded Portman get more focus because she was a big name, they brought in Whedon to rewrite it to add more Loki deep into filming because they realized it was turning out like shit and needed a reason for people to show up. If they didn't bring him in and finished the movie, it would have been disastrous.
>>
>>94160775
Fuck off a lot of teenagers like Batman and Spiderman, that's they main public after all, snyder never had interest on comics, he knows shit about the characters.
>>
>>94161887
...what? are you trying to prove? You have 0 proof that Snyder didn't pick whedon. In fact, here is MORE proof that Snyder himself picked whedon.

http://batman-news.com/2017/05/29/joss-whedon-already-working-justice-league-before-zack-snyder-stepped-away/

>Snyder hired Whedon to write some of those additional scenes, and then when he realized he couldn’t finish the movie himself, he convinced Whedon to take over the director duties as well.
>>
>>94161869
Yeah, the movie being outgrossed by an Rrated Deadpool and Iron Man 3, a B cinemascore totally means that everyone loves it.

The fuck does how many people dressing as a character have to do with how popular a movie was? Not to mention that Superman is literally the most well known superhero of all time. How the fuck do you even measure who dresses as who anyway? Source up.
>>
>>94161506
Mediocre at best story, shitty cgi, terrible cgi, worst spiderman costume yet.

I kinda liked vulture though but he's pretty overrated.
>>
>>94161944
>snyder never had interest in comics
>after posting a source that blatantly says he loved Heavy Metal and Watchmen

you are really desperate to make a point here werent you? Its okay, its not your fault you're retarded.

>he knows shit about the characters.

weird when his movies have deep cuts like Black Zero being the name of Zod's ship. But I'm sure you knew all about The Man Who Destroyed Krypton and Otto Bender, right anon?
>>
>>94161999
*shitty cast
>>
>>94161881
>they really arent, they all mean things and come together to deliver a message
But they fucking are. What specifically does she mean by
>"Zack mostly had an influence in getting things back in order to be a good origin story,"
then. Did he write the script? Did he suggest any changes that made it?
>Geoff and I worked super closely to work on the script and the story
>creatively they gave me the reins
are actual clear specifics.
"mostly had an influence in getting things back in order to be a good origin story" is fucking meaningless babble.
>>
>>94161568
>He then worked to get Greg Berlanti to adapt his version of Barry Allen for The Flash.
That's bullshit. Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg wrote season 1 of the Flash as a movie pitch years before they greenlit the show. Johns had nothing to do with it until they were getting ready to start shooting it. To think he's out there lobbying his projects is ludicrous. The whole point of the New 52 was to make the DCU accessible to normies and new readers, which is why WB animation chose to adapt his JL run and Flashpoint, they were well known stories to those people.
>>
>>94161960
http://www.businessinsider.com/most-popular-halloween-costumes-2016-10/#40-rabbit-11

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most-popular-halloween-costumes-in-2015-2015-10/#45-ghost-6

The point is that after BvS and CW were released, more people started dressing as Batman and Superman and less started dressing as Cap. Meaning they got more popular post BvS, while Cap got less popular post CW.
also why are you moving goal posts? I never said everyone loved it, of course everyone didnt, but if you were retarded you would know this argument started over this post >>94159291 saying it was just a vocal minority that liked BvS, when I have shown ample evidence that it is a majority that likes BvS with a vocal minority that hates it.
>>
>>94161952
So you agree that the final version of Suicide Squad was David Ayer's version? You agree that Ben Affleck will be directing The Batman? Because if a studio/the person involved said it then it MUST be true using your arguments right? I mean.....they'd surely never lie or twist the truth for pr purposes......would they?
>what? are you trying to prove?
That you shouldn't be a blind fanboy by believing everything the studios/people involved tell you.
>>
>>94162091
>I have shown ample evidence that it is a majority that likes BvS with a vocal minority that hates it.

>internet polls
>Halloween costumes
>I have shown ample evidence that it is a majority that likes BvS
You Snyderfags are fucking delusional.
>>
>>94160485
> His main achievements are setting up Thanos and the infinity stones, and introducing Wanda and Vision.

All of those are vital components of Infinity War.
>>
>>94161579
>>94161857
>>94161892
There are stories like this for Marvel. People seem to forget John Favreau publicly leaving Marvel because they ruined Iron Man 2 with behind the scenes meddling as well as all the drama between the studio and Edward Norton where he decided to rewrite the whole movie himself. There's also the debacle that was Thor 2 where they had to bring in Whedon to rewrite scenes as they were filming because the movie was so bad, and all of the Edgar Wright shit. The only reason you never hear of these stories is because they're reported once and that's about it, whereas when any DC movie news comes out, every blogger and youtuber on the internet has to give their input.
>>
>>94162042
>But they fucking are. What specifically does she mean by
>"Zack mostly had an influence in getting things back in order to be a good origin story,"

Well if you werent retarded and did some real resereach you would know that Snyder has a story credit.

According to this article: http://www.cbr.com/steve-trevor-wonder-woman-zach-snyder-interview/

He is the reason Trevor was in the movie
“Early on we talked about whether or not we would bring [Steve] into the story,” Snyder said. “Steve is so deep in the mythology that after some debate we found that just like Wonder Woman needs Steve, we needed Steve too. We need to be able to look at Wonder Woman through the eyes of the audience.”

and then here

http://collider.com/wonder-woman-script-changes-writers-charles-roven/

"“Really early on, before Patty came on the project, we put our toe in the water with two writers. They took completely different approaches on the material—one was the Crimean War and one was World War I, but a completely different World War I experience. We had quite a Writers Guild arbitration with a number of writers because we had a lot of writers, and then there were the preceding writers and the other incarnations of the development of Wonder Woman. But for our Wonder Woman we didn’t like the ultimate take on those scripts, even though they’re talented guys, and Zack [Snyder] and Allan Heinberg then collaborated on a story."
>>
File: Did I Leave The Oven On.jpg (37KB, 833x354px) Image search: [Google]
Did I Leave The Oven On.jpg
37KB, 833x354px
>>94161579
Gee, I don't know.

It's almost like WB has historically been extremely clueless about what to do with their DC properties and when they got a new president in 2013, he greenlit a dozen movies without proper planning out of fear that he'd be fired without a Harry Potter or continuing LotR franchise to lean on, and within that fear tried to force in a million things to "catch up" to Marvel.

Anon, David Goyer had a six weeks to write Suicide Squad. There's rumored to be at least 3 cuts of the movie with very different footage. Multiple directors have walked away from The Flash and the directors they've been desperate on getting in the last month have all passed. Affleck went from saying he doesn't want to direct Justice League to suddenly being cast as Batman to being forced into an Iron Man type role while wanting to direct the follow up movie to then stepping down.

There's always a new story because it literally IS a mess. Frankly, its astounding that Wonder Woman was solid.
>>
>>94161659
>The Cereal Lord was COO when MoS was in production. He could have at least given Snyder (and Goyer and Nolan) notes about things like the neck snap, the genetic cradle, the Kents, etc. I mean it's not like the Cereal Lord has no idea of the Superman mythos.
Maybe he did, but it's not like they were going to listen. MoS had Nolan's name on it and they were coming off the success of his Dark Knight movies which gave Goyer a huge ego. I don't think Johns had anything to do with that movie.
>>
>>94162156
but you are arguing different things, all im arguing is that Snyder picked Whedon and I proved that. Stop your insane ramblings. I do genuinely believe Ben Affleck was going to direct The Batman, but then Live By Night underperformed and he got in a divorce and went to rehab so that changed.

But its retarded to believe anymous "sources" which are constantly being BTFO, like that one that thought Ben was going to leave being Batman and not 24 hours later Ben Affleck himself debunks that.
>>
>>94160909

Yeah I liked First Avenger too but come on, Wonder Woman is the only other Golden Age comic character people still care about that doesn't need sliding timelines or retcons to work as a blockbuster World War origin movie (unless you want a Namor movie).
>>
>>94161821
I don't like this 2 year turn around on sequels now. 3 years should be the minimum.

Also
>going up against Star Wars

Not a good idea, it'll probably get moved.
>>
>>94162186
You are the delusional one, try actually engaging with what evidence was brought to you.

And way to just convienently not bring up the box office success parts.

You have 0 evidence to prove that the majority hated it.

Rotten Tomatoes, the largest collection of this data, says over 60% of people liked both movies. Where is your poll that says otherwise? And the halloween costumes are just to show that the characters became more popular after BvS, you literally cant deny that. The proof is right there in the dollars.

Its sad that you guys cling to literally nothing and refute actual evidence. I guess you just like being ignorant.
>>
>>94159107
Did WB secretly kill his daughter, just to keep him from messing up the Justice League film?
>>
>>94162186
>REEEEE YOUR EVIDENCE MEANS NOTHING COMPARE TO MY LACK OF EVIDENCE!!!!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you shit brained rodents make me laugh every day.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh man, make it stop. please. Every time I re-read your post I just laugh again.
>>
>>94161659
>yet another anon that thinks Geoff Johns has or ever will have actual power at WB
lmao
>>
File: SNYDERfailure.png (151KB, 291x398px) Image search: [Google]
SNYDERfailure.png
151KB, 291x398px
>>94159107
TLDR

Is Snyder fired?
>>
>>94162315
I think the most likely scenario is that WB told him they were going to replace him and they used his daughters death as an excuse so the internet didn't explode into concernshilling more bad DCEU news. Like, why decide 2 months after her death to leave - why not right away? I think it was mostly a ploy to get him out of the picture.
>>
>>94162392
No

>>94159764
>>
>>94162392
Mostly.
>>
>>94162410
More like him is right >>94162411

We are all glad that the cancer is being treated, and that WB noticed how the Snyders are shit.
>>
>>94162402
>why decide 2 months after her death to leave - why not right away?

Snyder says right here: http://www.refinery29.com/2017/05/155786/zack-snyder-daughter-death-justice-league-exit

"In my mind, I thought it was a cathartic thing to go back to work, to just bury myself and see if that was the way through it," Snyder told THR on Monday. "The demands of this job are pretty intense. It is all-consuming. And in the last two months, I've come to the realization… I've decided to take a step back from the movie to be with my family, be with my kids, who really need me. They are all having a hard time. I'm having a hard time."
The director also told THR that he never wanted the public to know about his daughter's passing.
"Here's the thing, I never planned to make this public," Snyder told THR. "I thought it would just be in the family, a private matter, our private sorrow that we would deal with. When it became obvious that I need to take a break, I knew there would be narratives created on the internet. They'll do what they do. The truth is… I'm past caring about that kind of thing now."
>>
>>94162449
and where is your proof? Oh, from anonymous "sources" got it.
>>
>>94162233
>Frankly, its astounding that Wonder Woman was solid.
Because they let the director work without getting too much involved, WB is so fucked up right now that the directors are literally better without any kind of "help" from them.
>>
>>94162411
>>94162449
nah see
>>94159764

WB falt out says they are still working together. But I'm sure your anonymous sources that were wrong about Ben leaving the role of Batman, and wrong about WW being a mess, and wrong about so many other things--I'm sure they're right.
>>
>>94162451
You are implying that I believe on what actors or other people paid to shill for a company has to say aout themselves.

If anything, leaks of emails of Sony have showed that when they panic, the first thing to do is pretend that everything is alright and according to the plan. The fact that you automaticaly believe on anything that your favorite corporation says is quite patethic.

>>94162457
Your own post showed it mate. Its on the article, Snyder keeps losing power, while Johns and now Whedon get more power.
>>
>>94162477
WW was a mess, but turned out alright. What is the deal?

You REALLY sound like someone paid to defend a souless corporation from any kind of criticism. The fact that you keep trying to argue with anyone on this thread that doesnt praise a shitty director tell a lot about your autism and obssession.
>>
>>94162506
Snyder hasnt lost power. If anything has only progressively gained more as the franchise has gone on. From just being a director, to now planning the whole universe and having a hand in basically every movie in the DCEU. You're really crazy and need help.

Also why wouldnt you believe what Snyder says about his own grieving? Thats sociopathic.
>>
>>94162550
>WW was a mess

source other than that one anonymous/disgrunteld "source"?
>>
File: 1472577697769.gif (324KB, 401x353px) Image search: [Google]
1472577697769.gif
324KB, 401x353px
>>94162577
Oh look, its that snyderfag that always shows up on every thread and likes to call people insane and sociopathic for not liking his movies.
>>
File: LookAtThisIdiot.jpg (39KB, 620x450px) Image search: [Google]
LookAtThisIdiot.jpg
39KB, 620x450px
>>94162659
>I have no argument so I'll make up a boogeyman!!!

wow, you've reached a new low
>>
God made snyders daughter kill herself for messing up BvS. It was necessary for the survival of DC movie universe.
>>
>>94162589
The fact that the production and actors kept saying contraditory shit for example.

"It will be really dark!" "it will be really fun!" "her costume is red due to the blood of her enemies!" "she is about love and peace!"

Also, the same person that leaked the entire plot of SS (and got it right, so we know that it has wheight), supported it and said that Johns was rewritten shit on set.
>>
>>94161006
Not him, but these conversations never actually go anywhere. Every thread there's drones shilling DC movies that complain about the drones shilling Marvel movies, and the drones shilling Marvel movies are complaining about the drones shilling DC movies.

It is so much easier to shitpost than try to wrangle out a genuine conversation out of anything having to do with capeshit.
>>
>>94162702
but I was posting actual evidence and data, not just blindling shilling or even talking down to marvelfriends.
>>
>>94162577
Johsn got promoted to be above Snyder, and it is said on this very article that most of the work will go for him and Wheedon, while the Snyders will have minor works on the DCEU.
>>
>>94162699
>"It will be really dark!" "it will be really fun!"
>"her costume is red due to the blood of her enemies!" "she is about love and peace!"

All are correct.
>>
>>94162699
but how is that contradictory? movies can be dark and fun (and WW was both). And her costume can be red due to the blood of her enemies and she can be about love and peace, in fact that is almost WW's MO. She is a killer warrior when she needs to be, but a ambassador of peace and love when she doesnt. She doesnt have that meme image of her breaking necks for nothing you know.

That fact that you think movies or characters can only be ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY shows how limited your thinking is.
>>
>>94162736
Why is Wheedon working at DCEU and not MCU right now?
>>
>>94162736
its said in this article as speculation, while we have an actual person from WB saying they look forward to continue working with the snyders. Im glad your citical thinking skills are up to par there anon.
>>
>>94162787
Because Snyder wanted him too. See >>94161952
>>
>>94162787
Because he can work for whatever company he wants.
>>
File: mickey.jpg (2KB, 70x99px) Image search: [Google]
mickey.jpg
2KB, 70x99px
>>94162699
>>
>>94162735
The fact that BvS, a movie with the trinity on screem for the first time, didnt managed to beat Avengers or Iron Man 3 where most of the cast are characters that nobody gave a fuck, didnt managed to beat Deadpool domesticaly, didnt managed to win any of them in number of sales of DVDs, have shit rattings everywhere, is trashed by critics, had executives of WB to say "sorry, we fucked up", basically became a meme for "shit movie" on the web, is a laughtingstock on /co/ and /tv/ and so on.

If the movie was really that loved, you wouldnt spend all the week on /co/ always trying to defend it.
>>
>>94162815
>>94162823
Yeah but why MCU didn't keep him busy with another project?The guy made their biggest movie yet and they simply replace him for the russos aka "captain A is superman lvl" bros?
>>
>>94162875
Because they butted heads on AOU, so he decided to leave and take a break.
>>
>>94162753
>>94162772
Nice mental gymnastics.

Interesting that you ignored the other point about the guy that got everything of the SS right being the one that said it.
>>
>>94162260
>and I proved that
and I proved that there is no other version of Suicide Squad.
>>
>>94162735
I appreciate that you're trying, but these threads aren't fucking worth it man. Noone actually wants genuine discussion, they just want a circlejerk and are angry that another side that wants a different circlejerk interrupts them every time.

The best thing to do is just try to enjoy the ride.
>>
Where's his daughter buried at? I'd like to thank her directly. My shrine can only do so much.
>>
>>94159557
That's for the online short film bullshit.
>>
>>94162852
>all this made up conjecture, goal posts and opinions

man living life like you do, where you get to decide whats fact and what isnt must be really great. You know BvS was more successful than any single Superman movie right? And was more succesful than all but 2 Batman movies. I dont know why you get to decided what counts or doesnt count as succesful enough for a movie.

And again, this argument started over someone saying only a vocal minority likes BvS which, as ive demonstrated, is factually untrue. By all actual measurable metrics (and not just the reddit/4chan bubble you live in) it was liked by the majority and increased the popularity of the characters.

Stay mad though.
>>
What really worry me is the cgi, i loved wonder woman but those fucking terrible effects really killed my boner
>>
>>94162946
well you didnt really provide an actual source for any of that so why would I respond to it?

Also >mental gymnastics

nice lack of an argument. Its gotta suck to be backed into a corner like that where your only move is to lash out and just say NUH-UH YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE YOU ARE!
>>
>>94162964
I feel physical pain everytime that someone says something bad about Snyder. I can't, and neither should you.

People who sit on the fence are the worst. Better be a soldier on the company war than a cuck faggot like you.
>>
>>94162960
>hurr durr im going to keep bringing up this thing that has nothing to do with Snyder hiring Whedon

k
>>
>>94162964
I want to clarify that I am>>94162735 that guy but I am not this faggot>>94163029

I genuinely agree with you, I really need to stop engaging.
>>
>>94163029
Literally kill yourself and any offspring you might have.
>>
>>94159135
Imagine that, even in death, she's still a burden to her family.
>>
>>94163055
Yeah I figured, just glad I got what I wanted across.
>>
>>94162314
An internet poll is hardly fair and impartial empirical evidence and even then you could only manage 63% The fact that that's all you fags have to cling to is pretty pathetic.

I mean, the Phantom Menace has 59% audience approval, Attack of the Clones has 57%, Revenge of the Sith has 65% (and is therefore more liked that BvS using your own metric) Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has fucking 54% and Suicide Squad has 61%

Using your own argument these are all moves that the majority of people clearly like.
>>
>>94159107
Real or another "according to my sources" bullshit?
>>
>>94159107
>>Zack Snyder, primary engineer of the DC Comics movie universe since Man of Steel, whose creative vision has been polarizing to say the least, will take a significantly smaller role with the franchise going forward, as will his wife, producer Deborah Snyder, Mashable has learned.

Good

Pick someone who actually fucking reads comic books next time and doesn't think Christ allegories are clever. Sorry about his daughter but the fuck can't stop thinking whatever looks right must BE right and it's time for him to go to the Zack Snyder farm where he can play with all the other Zack Snyders all day long.
>>
>>94163033
But it does.

It proves that clearly the people involved lie. So why should you blindly believe someone just becasue they're involved?
>Person A said something and they're involved in the project so it's true
>Person B said something and they're involved in the project but I won't believe them
Your argument is completely hypocritical.
>>
>>94159338
>Never noticed that Zack is slightly wall eyed. Does he have a glass eye or something?
Judging by his cinematography, two
>>
File: BvS_pain-640x356.jpg (46KB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
BvS_pain-640x356.jpg
46KB, 640x356px
>>94163163
WARNER DOESN'T LIE! PEOPLE WHO WORK ON MOVIES DON'T LIE! IF SHIT WAS GOING DOWN THEY WOULD BE HINEST AND SAY!
>>
>>94161659
>The Cereal Lord was COO when MoS was in production. He could have at least given Snyder (and Goyer and Nolan) notes about things like the neck snap, the genetic cradle, the Kents, etc.

Everyone gave Snyder and Goyer notes about the neck snapping. Nolan told them no. DC Comics told them no. They did it anyway.

>This account is backed up by Goyer, who, in the same podcast, said that Nolan told them there was no way they could have that ending. He flat out told them not to write it. Goyer added that they talked to people at DC who told them “No way. No way.” Which Goyer and Snyder apparently didn’t see as a logical reading of the character, and more of a challenge to find the one situation where Superman would kill. Snyder said, later in the Empire podcast, “I just felt like we were able to create this scenario where either Superman is going to see these people get chopped in half or he’s gotta do what he’s gotta do.”

http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-brief-history-of-zack-snyder-defending-the-end-of-man-1763888746
>>
>>94163318
Fake news!
>>
>>94163259
>>94163340
The number of fake news about DC outnumbers anything factual reported. By the by, These anonymous sourced articles always seem to pop up when the mouse gets into some trouble.
>>
>>94160681
>he very obviously doesnt prescribe to Rand's philosophies at all.
*points to Pa and Ma Kent telling Clark he has no obligation to help his fellow people and he owes the world nothing.*
>>
>>94163567
>The number of fake news about DC outnumbers anything factual reported.
Nice meme. Have anything to back it up?
>>
>>94160557

Not that anon but I preferred WW's grittier war settings, like Ludendorff and Dr Poison gassing people instead of Skull and his tesseract videogame guns.

Other than Steve's grenade scene I also mostly preferred Diana's selflessness spirit in Veld and No Man's Land.

Wonder Woman taking in Steve's sacrifice, and Cap Steve realizing his life ended decades ago were both okay.
>>
>>94163567
You are deluded and too far gone on companywar war faggotory.

Kill yourself, you lower the quality of the board. Nobody will miss you.
>>
>>94163911
Ben Affleck literally being the Jay-Z of "quiting" Batman. & Gal getting jewed while her male costars got paid the GDP of a small European country. And literally any article that claims "according to sources"
>>
>>94159107
If I didn't know any better, I'd say the future looks pretty bright over at WB. I say that having come down on BvS and MoS harder than anyone, the failure of which was definitely Zack's fault.

Despite anyone's opinions on Joss Whedon (the only real valid one being that he writes dialogue like a CBS sitcom), he has years of experiences in both superhero comics and superhero movies. As long as WB defers to his and GJ's judgement, we're probably in good hands.
>>
DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD
>>
>>94163000
Why have a different guy for both? Also, why get someone else when Jason David Frank is already a great fit?
>>
>>94163962
>>94163911
Oh, and James Wan "wanting out" that was one I forgot. that was hilarious
>>
>>94159110
>which fiercely supported Snyders' films in the face of harsh critical reception.
no, I fucking hated it but not for the reasons that the critics(MUH FUN) have.
>>
>>94159196
>fleeing a sinking ship
>to go to an under construction life raft
>>
Fucking hell. God damn Snyder and Terrio for actually doing something interesting with their movies. Fuck that, we make it more bland and accesible, we need more pop music and more snappy one liners people can quote on the internet , quick, get Whedon on the line so we can make sure that Justice League is gonna look like a made for tv movie!

This whole franchise went to hell with Suicide Squad.
>>
>>94159294
>>94160426
>>94161039
https://youtu.be/PTcVNuNX8yY
>>
>>94167112
Do you also think Marvel Ruins is interesting?
>>
Amazing how much hate DC movies get, also amazing how you dipshits believe all this bullshit.
>>
>>94167112

>Fucking hell. God damn Snyder and Terrio for actually doing something interesting with their movies

Yes, because "What if Batman and Superman were DAMAGED" is clearly a bold new paradigm. Also post9/11 commentary, also never been done before in fiction.

>quick, get Whedon on the line so we can make sure that Justice League is gonna look like a made for tv movie!

It wouldn't look much worse then BvS and the disgusting color filters.

>>94167483

>Amazing how much hate DC movies get, also amazing how you dipshits believe all this bullshit.

I'll stop hating them when they stop being shit. I liked Wonder Woman, but that's not enough for me to trust them and JL looks like a 2-hour version of the Doomsday fight.
>>
>>94159107
>primary sources say one thing
>clickbait friendly anonymous sources proven fake 9 out of 10 times say another
And I don't even need to read the thread to know which ones /co/ is going to believe
>>
>>94167616
>Yes, because "What if Batman and Superman were DAMAGED" is clearly a bold new paradigm. Also post9/11 commentary, also never been done before in fiction.

I know you're being sarcastic but name one other movie in the genre that does these things. And by that I mean a live action movie. BvS does examine these character and their place in popular cultural in a contemporary sociopolitical context and you're not being fair if you claim it doesn't have anything interesting to say.
>>
>>94168151

>I know you're being sarcastic but name one other movie in the genre that does these things. And by that I mean a live action movie

The Nolan movies had more interesting things to say about both superheroes in a "realistic" world and the inherent foibles of heroes as people. I'll take the final scene in TDK over anything in BvS.

Nolan was even smarter about it then Snyder, making it a more general story about the importance of institutions in society despite their inherent flaws then just slapping a bunch of 9/11 buzzwords and conflicting mythology onto the character in lieu of personality.

And he, you know, actually made them entertaining on the surface level as actual movies. Snyder is not Brian De Palma or Mann Lynch, he can't make a feature length theses statement that drops conventional narrative for theme and succeed.

>BvS does examine these character and their place in popular cultural in a contemporary sociopolitical context and you're not being fair if you claim it doesn't have anything interesting to say.

It doesn't do anything that Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns didn't do 30 years ago, and it fails to make it compelling outside of that. There is no inherent worth exploring a concept if you fuck it up on a base level, that's the kind of thinking that leads to Prequel trilogy and Matrix sequel apologists.
>>
File: Alfred_Pennyworth_TDKR.jpg (44KB, 705x691px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred_Pennyworth_TDKR.jpg
44KB, 705x691px
>>94168354
>The Nolan movies had more interesting things to say about both superheroes in a "realistic" world and the inherent foibles of heroes as people. I'll take the final scene in TDK over anything in BvS.

You're someone who thinks Goyer's "clever" fortune cookie dialogue is deep. How special.
>>
>>94168354

See, I argue it does for the 10s what what Watchmen did for the 80s. The big dividing point between you and me, of course, is that I found it entertaining and you didn't which is pointless arguing about because it's based on subjective taste.

I, personally, dislike almost everything Nolan has ever made because I find his stylistic sensibilities and the views expressed in most of his movies aesthetically and sometimes morally disagreeable. Which, you know, is just my opinion and not based on anything other than personal taste and worldview.
>>
>>94168421

Nolan translated it into something more worthwhile then the Zack Attack did, that's for sure.

And you don't get to praise BvS and shit on fortune-cookie dialogue at the same time.

>>94168438

>See, I argue it does for the 10s what what Watchmen did for the 80s

And honestly, I'd argue that the Nolan works did it better. I'm not saying those movies are flawless, I'm not a lunatic, but they at least expressed a coherent worldview and never substituted theme for character.

>I, personally, dislike almost everything Nolan has ever made because I find his stylistic sensibilities and the views expressed in most of his movies aesthetically and sometimes morally disagreeable

I'd say the same thing about Snyder. The only movie of his I like is Watchmen, and that's more as an art piece then a movie or an adaptation because it's pretty bad as either of those.

But Sucker Punch, MoS and BvS made me outright hate his worldview and his filmmaking.
>>
File: Alfrede-Pennyworth.jpg (26KB, 266x350px) Image search: [Google]
Alfrede-Pennyworth.jpg
26KB, 266x350px
>>94168488
I have never praised BvS in my entire life.
>>
>>94163957

This pretty much. The First Avenger was really quite mediocre and uninspired until the ending. Which could've been the crowning moment in a movie of WW-quality, but instead only lifted a 6/10 action flick to 7/10.
>>
File: BIZARRO MURPHY.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
BIZARRO MURPHY.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
>>94168514
>>
>>94160909
>being this triggered
kek
>>
>>94168694
not an argument.
>>
>>94168719
I'm not him and I'm not taking part in your stupid discussion on which movie is "better" than what.

You're all idiots.
>>
DCEU fags are literally disgusting, holy shit.
>>
>>94168744
Fortunately, I wasn't making an argument about one movie being better than the other. My condolences that you're as retarded as that anon is.
>>
>>94159107
>Snyders daughter sacrificed herself to make the DC cinematic universe better
>>
>>94159107
snyder fags BTFO
>>
>>94159196

Pftahaha, yeah. Fleeing a sinking ship to take refuge on a fucking submarine.
>>
>>94159107
>saying they needed time to grieve for their 20-year-old daughter, who had died by suicide two months before.

She sacrificed herself to save the DCU
>>
File: DC retards hate truth.png (98KB, 1080x752px) Image search: [Google]
DC retards hate truth.png
98KB, 1080x752px
>>94159136
>>94159530
>>94159764
>>94163118
>>94163567
>>94167483
>>94167729
>MUH FAKE NEWS!!!!!!1111!!!!
How does it feel being the scum of the fucking earth and hated by LITERALLY everyone?
>>
>>94159107
Maybe if another kid of his dies, he'll quit filmmaking

We can make meme magic happen again
>>
File: 1311947643459.jpg (23KB, 257x276px) Image search: [Google]
1311947643459.jpg
23KB, 257x276px
>>94172252
>52
>>
>>94160231
If you had to choose between sinking into an icy abyss or going down in a blaze of glory from the high heavens, which would you choose?
>>
>>94172252
why waste meme magic on that when we can meme someone to find and kill him or burn down WB? Those seem like much better things to do
>>
>>94172335
This is not okay.
>>
>>94168488
Sucker punch is pure pleb filter, the extended cut its the most expensive indie movie ever and it's fantastic.
>>
>>94161821
And I predict around that time I'll be having...a release date too!
>>
>>94171623
>elmayimbe
He's been wrong with even with Marvel movies. Unless your post is another capslock strawman, don't even bother replying.
>>
>>94160754
>Spider-Man Homecoming
absolute b8.
>>
>>94172972
Funny you say that, because he has been the biggest "THIS IS OKAY" tier, Snyder-loving, DCEU defending, Affleck-is-leaving denier, that when he says the fanboy alt-right, he is more likely than not referring to people who believe this article.
>>
>>94171623
>he trusts Umberto "Zendaya is totes MJ guyze, Planet Hulk in 2015 guyze" Gonzales
How does it feel to be the most retarded gullible fuck in this thread? Even /pol/ has better track record of being correct more times than elmayimbe.
>>
>>94159135
>DC fans will support this.

I support literally any way to get rid of Zack Snyder.

If it turned out that DC had Zack's daughter killed just so that they'd have an excuse to be rid of it, that would be kind of rough play but I'd be okay with that too. Anything is okay as long as Zack directs no DC movies anymore. Desperate times, desperate measures.
>>
>>94160983
Do you wanna know the oldest lie in America?
It's that the Devils come from the dirt and not that they come from the air. And since superman came from the air he's a devil, not a dirt devil, but an evil angel devil. I hate superman is what I'm saying
>>
>>94173624
>Miss me yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-f04lznji0
Thread posts: 265
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.