[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The next Avatar is set to take place in the modern era. How would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1194.jpg (225KB, 1600x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1194.jpg
225KB, 1600x1136px
The next Avatar is set to take place in the modern era. How would you make it good while also making it consistent with the he time?
>>
>>94155924
>LOK
Please leave.
>>
>>94156035
No.

Also I need a file image.
>>
>>94155924
The series is pretty much dead, the comic sales are abyssal and the creators are at odds with not only each other but the studio. Let is die, it had a good first series but LoK ruined it.
>>
>>94155924
As much as I loved the Last Airbender the series needs to die for its own good.
>>
I would implement my own fanfic idea that nobody else likes that everyone can bend all four elements and the only thing that makes the Avatar special is the Avatar state.
>>
>>94156345
>the comic sales are abyssal and the creators are at odds with not only each other but the studio.
This all sounds fake except maybe the part with Nick but they've been like that since ATLA.
>>
>>94155924
One episode, benders keep getting perforated by assault rifles and hosed with nerve gas until they collectively get new day jobs.
>>
>>94155924
That fanart reminds me of those times when Korrasami didn't exist
>>
>>94155924

Technology has outpaced the abilities of bending. Benders no longer rule, and industrial uses of bending are being driven out of work by machines that anyone can use. Lightening benders can make electricity, but Hydroelectric dams don't form unions.

The bending arts are being seen increasingly as flashy party tricks that are just relics of a more barbaric time, and the people in power are increasingly seeing those that DO still practice the ability to summon fire and cause earthquakes as dangerous outcasts. You may have been born a bender, but are you carrying your License to Bend?

In this time, the Avatar is seen as more of a celebrity than a spiritual advisor, though some still consider them important. As crackdowns become more common, the Avatar comes to realize that they need to step up and do their job to maintain the balance, or bending as we know it could cease to exist.

This gets contrasted with the obvious question of whether bending really deserves to survive. Why do you, bus driver Tim, NEED to be able to shoot fire from your hands? Isn't everyone safer if you don't do that?
>>
>>94156345
>the comic sales are abyssal
Last time I heard the comic sales were doing pretty good
>>
there isnt sjw shit
there isnt much "new" and memes stuff
and the writters dont give a shit of what tumblr says
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.