[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Justice League Score - What Are You GOing To Do When You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: No Kryptonian.png (305KB, 650x601px) Image search: [Google]
No Kryptonian.png
305KB, 650x601px
So as many did, I noticed the use of the theme for the last 3/4 of the Justice League sneak peak released on Saturday.

On top of hammering home the significance of Superman's sacrifice being a significant force in the emergence and unification of the Justice League, I felt it's use also brought back the feeling of hope that I personally haven't felt in the gap between Superman's first flight, and Wonder Woman.

My question is however, it seems to appear more individuals are giving Whedon credit for the editing and construction of the footage. Does this mean the Elfman is going to be keeping Zimmer's Superman theme, and possibly implementing it within his Justice League score? For all of my problems with the DCEU, I've always felt "What Are You going to do When You Aren't Saving the World" is one of the most unmitigated triumphs of the DCEU. I'd love to see it kept around as long as possible.

A secondary question would be if anyone has come across a decent quality version of the theme from the footage without the dialogue and sound effects?
>>
>>94149614
That theme made the trailer for me.
>>
>>94149614
They used the Wonder Woman BvS theme in the Wonder Woman movie so I guess they'll use the score they already have for different characters. I would be a waste not using the absolutely amazing OST they already have

The theme of the trailer was great though
>>
>>94149614
What is the theme of the trailer?
>>
>>94149861
I get that, but Rupert Gregson-Williams doesn't necessarily have the bone fides Elfman does. If he tried to not use her's, I imagine he would have gotten a pink slip. I simply worry about Elfman coming in and wanting to rewrite stuff for everyone because he is who he is. I am incredibly eager to see what theme he uses for Batman. I'm not expecting his Burton theme, but am eager to see if he is able to do what Zimmer wasn't which is to create a new theme for a character he has already created such an iconic one for, especially since I had heard Junkie XL's general stuff other than Diana's riff is supposedly getting tossed out.

Wth all of that said, I really hope the version of WAYGtdWYASTW is Elfman's, because as much as it was immediately identifiable to me, it also did seem tweaked in ways similar to what he did to SIlvestri's Avenger's theme between 1 and 2, with the difference being his work on Zimmer's composition being an improvement IMO.

>>94150000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6yBZKj-eo
It begins with the riff of the "Come Together" cover from the previous trailer before changing to a version of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFr3ih6Xu_8 around 1:14 right after Steppenwolf lands in Themyscira.
>>
>>94149614

That was great. It's like, even though you can't see him, Superman is present.
>>
>>94150082
I don't know what Elfman would do, I don't think he has the time to make the entire score by himself. But the part from 2.43 to 3:20 is the best part of any trailer I've seen this year and the score is 80% of the reason is so good
>>
>>94149614
Most people don't give a fuck for the scores of a movie, unless it is actual music like Suicide Squad and Guardians of the Galaxy.

/co/ is just autistic.
>>
>>94150186
Totally agree. The rock music of the first two trailers was an enormous turn off for me, but that score really singlehandedly shifted my outlook towards the movie.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQAw7DASmY

I think this is something Junkie XL did. He doesn't seem to be working on any projects recently and they've used other themes he created such as the "Come Together" theme for the comic con. Incidentally, for comic con 2015 panel, they used an early rendition of what would be Batman's theme, which shows they've been working on the score for a while.

I really hope Elfman still intends to use Junkie's scores, because one of the biggest pluses for the "Superman trilogy" was the music and both Hans Zimmer and Junkie both worked on Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice, and it would a big shame if the musical themes that are already established were simply thrown away.
>>
Elfman coming in to replace Zimmerman/Junkie XL on the score is the worst news about this movie I've seen so far. The BvS score is phenomenal.
>>
>>94150522
Not gonna lie, I don't know how to feel about it. Yes he did iconic stuff in the past, but everything he has done has felt generic since Spider-Man.
>>
>>94151109
Spider-Man was already meh, the nostalgia factor plays a role on liking it but his last good comic music was for men in black. The best Elfman music from the 2000s was Harry Potter and that wasn't even him.
>>
>>94149614
I don't know about Elfman but the score of this trailer was 10/10. If they keep it that way for the movie, it can be oscar material
>>
>>94149614
Elfman kept Silvestri's themes for Avengers. I think just for musical continuity's sake he won't ditch the previous themes, even if they're not his style. If he can crank out something more akin to Batman '89 than Age of Ultron it'll be great.
>>
>>94153493
>Elfman kept Silvestri's themes for Avengers.
Kept, but tweaked. The Avengers theme from 2, while similar is not the same as Silvestri's in one. It is simplified and doesn't have the same tonal peaks.
>>
>>94153493
>>94153545
Age of Ultron originally had one composer, which was Brian Tyler who had previously composed the soundtrack for Thor: The Dark World and Iron Man 3. Danny Elfman was then brought sometime into the production of Age of Ultron. This is very similar to what is happening to Justice League, except Elfman is coming in to replace Junkie XL and it's no coincidence that this happened after Joss Whedon took charge.

If you look at the tracklist for AoU, you'll see that the entire track was split 50/50 between Tyler and Elfman, which meant they were collaborating. If take the replacement of Junkie at face value then we could extrapolate that the entire soundtrack of Justice League is being replaced by Elfman.
>>
>>94153736
I doubt he has enough time. It'll probably be tweaked versions of Zimmerman/XL songs and some new ones he does.
>>
>>94151109
anon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyspn61ccyE
>>
The Superman theme is the one redeeming quality of Man of Steel
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.