[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pl qxayYbOM Why did Cartoon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1468522026447.jpg (25KB, 270x303px) Image search: [Google]
1468522026447.jpg
25KB, 270x303px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9plqxayYbOM
Why did Cartoon Network go to such shit during like 2007-2012?

I mean don't get me wrong, we're still not back to the glory days of the 90s/early 00's but there's at least a handful of decent shows now. During this specific time period I'm talking about

>Cartoon Network starts making shit like pic related, Chwoder, Problem Solverz, gave the annoying orange a tv show
>Greenlits live action shows
>Greenlits Super Mountain Fort Awesome
>Greenlits Gumball

Seriously, this was one of the darkest moments for cartoons ever. As I said we still haven't fully recovered but god damn when I think back to this shit it just seems like everything new was fucking awful.
>>
>>94147855
>chowder was bad

Shit opinion.
>>
Chowder was good, Flapjack was better. Gumball is ok. At least they're all cartoons. The live action seemed like an attempt to kill the network it was so bad.
>>
>>94147876
What's with all the fuckos hating on chowder, it's one of my favorite cartoons of all time, i still watch it often. I can understand the hate for flapjack, gumball, or gym partner monkey (I like all those too) but I can't understand it for chowder.
>>
>>94147944
Gumball wasn't around when those shows aired.
>>
>>94147855
Nickelodeon was kicking their asses with shows like iCarly so their genius head honcho(s) tried to transform CN into Nick by focusing on bullshit live action shows.
Because that makes sense
>>
>>94147897
Out of all the live action shows on CN, there were only two good ones that probably would have survived on Nick or Disney.

The rest were nothing but rip offs of existing shows, just kiddified. It was horrible all around.
>>
Because Nick and Disney were both running bunches of live action shows, so CN tried to copy them

>shit like "fried dynamite" replaced Cartoon Cartoon Fridays

get the fuck out CN
>>
File: IMG_0315.jpg (751KB, 2140x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0315.jpg
751KB, 2140x1200px
Anyone else feel like 2007 is when the 2000s began morphing into the 2010s?
>>
Because Jim Samples resigned as CEO over the Aqua Teen Hunger Force bomb scare.
>>
>>94148125
Half of the things in this pic aren't even relevant in the 2010s.
>>
>>94148125
it was the year video games started going down the shitter as well
>>
>>94147855
> shit talking Chowder in any aspect
> shit talking first season Gumball
what is fucking wrong with you

SMFA was CN's attempt to keep Pete Browngarten from suing them over breach of contract. He and JG Quintel were the winners of 2010's Cartoonstitute; CN immediately put Regular Show into production but stalled for years with Browngarten's entry, Uncle Grandpa. Browngarten twisted the knife by making SMFA as disgusting as possible and putting UG backup stories into the show. CN grudgingly put UG into production then canceled it before it could get enough episodes to honor union raises. My guess is that CN assumed RS would tank after a few seasons at which point they'd pick up UG and avoid having to pay for two concurrent series.

Annoying Orange was a response to Nick giving Lucas "Fred" Cruikshank a movie; "hey kids like internet assholes right?" For what it's worth the lawsuit spared us from enduring AO.

The capeshit series that Time/Warner were forcing down CN's throats all coincidentally happened to be TW properties that CN had to not only make but PAY TW licensing fees to do so despite CN and DC having the same parent company. And THEN, if the shows didn't move merchandise, the suits ordered those shows cancelled even if their ratings were excellent because "girls don't buy toys." Small surprise that Snyder cancelled Teen Titans for specious reasons and then repurposed the entire production crew (from artists, writers, animators and voice artists) into Ben 10, a property CN owns outright and has made the most merchandising cash from.

Cable networks have been compromising their missions since the late 00s. Discovery runs Dwarf Housewives of Beverly Hills, SyFy killed Eureka for fucking wrestling, and History Channel speaks for itself. CN at least still aired cartoons.
>>
>>94148891
*TLC runs Dwarf Housewives of Beverly Hills
>>
>>94147855
>Problem Solverz was bad

It was too kino for you plebs.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.