[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've read the first volume of post-SW Miles to see why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

File: Spider-Man_Vol_2_1_Textless.jpg (302KB, 900x1369px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_Vol_2_1_Textless.jpg
302KB, 900x1369px
So I've read the first volume of post-SW Miles to see why people like him so much. He really is just a boring copy of Peter except black. I can't describe him in any other way. It doesn't help that he's surrounded by a bad supporting cast. And lack of his own rogue's gallery. Useless social commentary, I get it Bendis, he's black, and hispanic. Mi gente. What annoyed me the most was Bendis having Peter say to Miles how much cooler his costume is, and the Venom blast spam. Literally no tension during action scenes. Just spam the win button all the time. I want to like Miles but he's as interesting as a Diet Coke.
>>
>>94146454
He's nothing like Peter. Peter never had a family to worry about and his drive is nothing like Pete's great power crap. You clearly didn't read it since you call him black even though he mom is Latin fever
>>
Let's be honest, Miles is an idea that Bendis got bored of beyond the initial creation.
>>
>>94146454
Miles could've been interesting. He could have been a smart young black kid in a shit school dealing with peers who want to keep him down / treat him like an uncle Tom.
But Bendis couldn't write that, so Miles wins the powers lottery, the rich-kid school lottery, the "web-shooters and webbing from Peter" lottery (though the explanation in Ultimate was shit, it's shitter in 616), the "legacy hero-name" super-lottery, and the "he's just so charismatic that everyone thinks he's great" lottery
Miles had some potential, but as it is he's a complete rewrite
>>
File: tumblr_ot2t1uVD871uwlmkuo1_1280.jpg (964KB, 1200x1845px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ot2t1uVD871uwlmkuo1_1280.jpg
964KB, 1200x1845px
>>94146454
>the Venom blast spam. Literally no tension during action scenes. Just spam the win button all the time
>>
>>94146454
His character could have been better if he wasn't written by Bendis who never lets his story go anywhere and just endlessly lets the book spin its wheels midair.
>>
>>94146536
Also "Electric Shock win-the-day powers because all black people have must have electricity powers" lottery.

Bendis comes off as the guy who claims he's not racist yet he keeps doing racist things.
>>
File: ob5nwy70uf1s8f7awo4.jpg (28KB, 599x457px) Image search: [Google]
ob5nwy70uf1s8f7awo4.jpg
28KB, 599x457px
>>94146454
>people like him
>>
>>94146479
>Peter never had a family
>>
>>94146597
It's weird how the electric effect originally was just supposed to symbolize an extremly acute pain the opponent suffered at the area of contact but eventually became a literal electric blast Miles could use.
>>
>>94146580
where can i find more of this?
>>
>>94146581
That's the main problem, he never seems to be going anywhere, no developing, no growing older. It's the villain show up, Miles worries, Venom Shock, wins the day. Rinse and Repeat.

Even back in the Ultimate Universe, he had only two major moments the death of his uncle, and death of his mom. The latter was render moot when she was brought back to life.
>>
>>94146479
Miles is half-Dominican, making him black

Dominicans are black
>>
>>94146597
Like those people who say voter ID laws suppress the black vote.
Black people know how to get to the DMV. They have the internet. They carry ID around with them in their day-to-day lives. They're adults just like you and me, they're not children (actual children notwithstanding)
>>
>>94146650
Here's the other thing, Bendis really thought that an arc of Miles and Spider-Gwen having a fling was going to be a huge thing, when in actuality, you can't introduce a relationship through a kiss tease. Nobody bought the idea. The fact that Bendis keeps pushing for Kamala to be the romantic pairing for Miles and then shits all over Sam Nova just shows that Bendis really is a simple minded person who wants his toys to always look good but doesn't want to put in the effort because "Black Spider-Man" would get defenders no matter what.
>>
Venom Blast Deus ex Machina

Literally solves problems all of the avengers together aren't able to solve
>>
>>94146676
Bendis does feel like he puts in black people to make himself feel superior and stroke his own ego on how progressive he is instead of actually writing a good story or characterzation.
>>
>>94146479
>his drive is nothing like Pete's great power crap.

In the Ultimate universe, he was basically peer-pressured into it (he didn't want to be a hero) and "someone's gotta be Spider-man"... for some reason despite ultimate Jessica Drew being around to pick up Peter's beat
What's his motivation in 616?

Also good job killing off Jessica Drew, Bendis. Your one OC I like, and you let her be crushed in a universal collapse while your golden boy gets all his people sent to 616
>>
>>94146644

http://illuminatingcomics.tumblr.com/

I'd suggest starting either at the very beginning of the series here:

http://illuminatingcomics.tumblr.com/post/120258618130

Or at the beginning of the current story here:

http://illuminatingcomics.tumblr.com/post/158105476535/the-worst-thing-after-a-war-is-a-war-fought
>>
>>94146684
Yeah he obviously wants to keep Miles around which is why he throws his weight around in the offices to have him be in team books, be a central character in 2 events or always have an ongoing but he's lazy as fuck and doesn't actually bother to put in any work himself into making something out of his character.

Miles could have been something but unfortunately he had the ill luck of being the brain child of Bendis.
>>
>>94146723
Bendis constant leaching of the MCU's fame and success is prime proof that he's a utterly lazy bastard who has lousy ideas and constantly ignores continuity seeing how their is literally no editors holding him back or telling him what he can and cannot do.

He's the Dudley Dursley of Marvel staff.
>>
>>94146705
>and you let her be crushed in a universal collapse while your golden boy gets all his people sent to 616
You mean GOLDBALLS?!

You see? It's funny because he keeps saying Goldballs!
>>
>>94146762
Goldballs was always in 616. Also his uncanny x men was another example of a run that went nowhere, all it did was spin its wheels until he was leaving the book, after the first arc he decided to make Scott's revolution become a side plot over his waifu's time travel shenanigans and then turned the revolution into some midlife crisis thing that was never real while spending the last issues shitting on Beast since he saw it as something that was "in" at the time.

He was handed a golden fucking premise any lesser writer could have spun into a solid run but did jack shit with it.
>>
>>94146676
You do not have a full grasp of this issue. Lets not turn this into /pol/

Miles is boring! Lets keep it boring in here folks
>>
>>94146749
Bendis getting cut out of Marvel Studios is honestly one of the funniest shit cause his writing is so frantic these days. I mean, with MS, he was using Bug on the GOTG because he knew Bug was in the planning phase of GOTG, but then just dropped him as things progressed.

Now, he's outright making the male Diamondback the villain for his Defenders book, and somehow, everyone knows who this male Diamondback was and acts like he was the biggest deal ever in comics, when he was alive for only 2 issues in the 70's. It's really embarrassing. Oh don't forget Ganke saying "I should use the codename Ned".

And how could we possibly forget...Rhodey dying because it looked like he died in the Civil War Trailer. BECAUSE MOVIES ARE KNOWN TO GIVE AWAY CHARACTER DEATHS IN THEIR TRAILERS!
>>
File: Civil War 2 #1.jpg (55KB, 327x190px) Image search: [Google]
Civil War 2 #1.jpg
55KB, 327x190px
>>94146831
Ah yes, the classic "Black Guy Dies First" cliche to motivate the white protagonist, more proof that Bendis doesn't really care about black people expect to stroke his own ego.
>>
>>94146827
Don't get me started on Tempus. The guy had a legit likable character going and for some reason made her a last minute mega bitch and she vanished from comics altogether!
>>
>>94146831
Bendis spends too much time thinking of gimmicks that will make his book sell instead of trying to write a good book.
>>
>>94146860
Because she was a mutant, and once Bendis got word that big daddy Perlmutter who he loves very much is pushing them. Decided to ditch the X-Men and help his on his (failed) push of the Inhumans with Civil War 2.
>>
>>94146887
I think it was more because he didn't want anyone else writing her except him.
>>
>>94146454
Majority of what Miles deals with the the current changing world and where super hero's fit in while following in the shadow of another great hero. All the while managing his family and friends. Also gotta get credit for saving the multiverse with an old burger

Peter delt with being a nerd.
>>
>>94146865
Bendis doesn't want to sell a good book, Bendis wants to SELL books. For example.

Bendis presents a book with a big hook. What happens?

>>The first issue is all setup and the hook is revealed on the last page.

Alright, so now we get to explore this hook, right?

>>The next issue is everyone talking, mixed with a villain doing something like killing a minor hero, then last page hooks

And rinse and repeat. Bendis books are just stalling for time until the end of the book hook to make you buy the next issue, and a lot of those times, that hook means nothing. Want a recent example? Punisher shooting the Defenders, then the next issue revealing it's a misunderstanding and they all leave the hospital.

But the WORST part of all this? When he hypes you up for the climax? He just gives you a letdown because "Hey, you already bought the book. Have a hook for a 'BIGGER' story coming later."
>>
File: Tempus 6.png (178KB, 303x416px) Image search: [Google]
Tempus 6.png
178KB, 303x416px
>>94146901
Which is kind of interesting, because she was starting to show up in other books, like A+X.
>>
>>94146670
His mom is Puerto Rican you dumb spic. Read a book about killing yourself
>>
>>94146580
I assume this has been edited, right? No way this was actually a page in a comic
>>
File: 1479933969135.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1479933969135.png
45KB, 778x512px
>>94146860
giv tempusy
>>
>>94146987
Yes. It's from the Illuminating Comics lampoon:
>>94146709
>>
>>94146974
>Implying there aren't black Puerto Ricans
Both of you are retarded.
>>
>>94147037
There aren't you stupid fuck.
>>
>>94146454

Is he physically stronger? you know, having negro genetics irl is like a super power.
>>
I hate Miles Morales and just wish they would kill him off.

I don't mind diversity in comics, but I dislike it, when it only happens for the sake of pandering to diversity itself. That's all the wrong reasons to push diversity.

Now you might ask me how I know when it's pandering and when it's real.
Miles Morales was created by Bendis. Bendis has an agenda of pushing black characters. Probably due to all the positive feedback he gets from black families (end quote). Which in itself isn't even the issue.
It becomes an issue, when you clearly see him implementing his own life into comics. He has adopting two black kids. Great for him and great for the kids. Now his kids have a black Spider-Man to be happy about and a black Iron Man to be happy about.
Oh and you know one of the most boring superheroes in the Marvel universe that is Luke Cage? In a Bendis comic Luke Cage can KO Hulks. There you go.

And then again, none of this is really the issue in the big picture. What pisses me off, is that he kills off or removes already established characters. Ultimate Spider-Man got killed off, so that we could get Miles Morales. Miles Morales, a character, who cried for multiple issues about how he didn't want to have powers. Because that's who comic book readers identify with, right? An african-american-hispanic kid, who was rumored to be bisexual and doesn't want to have powers. And cries about it all the time like a whiny bitch.

There is nothing worse than comic book writers, who are fueled by own agendas. We had the same issue with Rick Remender for a couple of issues about the "m-word". I don't want to read any of that shit.
I want to read about Peter Parker struggling to get through life, but still have fun adventures. I don't want to see that character killed off.
I want to read about Tony Stark battling the Mandarin. I don't want to have one entire book dedicated to a 14 year old black kid, who puts on the Iron Man suit and does everything worse than the real deal.
>>
>>94146912
>Peter dealt with being a nerd

And his withered crone of an old aunt constantly being on death's door. And making the rent. And his only source of income being tarnishing his own image with the Bugle, making his job as Spider-Man even harder. And managing his family and friends. And his academic career because he didn't get into a rich kid school lottery and he had to earn a scholarship into college tp provide for his aunt. And having his own adventures and struggles that weren't solely defined by whatever boring crossover event was going on at the time because he didn't have the strength to stand as his own character with his own stories.

MILES: JUST PETER BUT WAY MORE BORING AND BLACK
>>
>>94147348
that just makes him better "equipt" to handle the ladies
>>
>>94147471
>managing his family and friends
1 aunt. thats it and he was never central throughout his entire life. he friends was love interest this, love interest that.
>MILES: JUST PETER BUT WAY MORE BORING AND BLACK
already established he isnt black but then again I wouldnt expect /pol/ to actually read beyond a wiki insert
>>
>>94147461
>ltimate Spider-Man got killed off,

Then he was brought back, acted out of character to make Miles seem like a good boy, told Miles he's totally Spider-man now, no takes-backs, fucked off out of town because responsibility is for people other than Peter Parker, and was crushed when Miles sales were shit so they crashed the universe
>>
>>94147471
>MILES: JUST PETER BUT WAY MORE BORING AND BLACK

MILES: JUST PETER BUT INSTEAD OF A NERD, BLACK HISPANIC

He won a school lottery, that's how he got into that school,
>>
>>94147741
>He won a school lottery, that's how he got into that school,
Because Bendis saw a movie about it, just like how Riri points to the first female astronaut because he just saw Hidden Figures, or created Miles Morales because of Donald Glover's black Spider-Man push.
>>
>>94147601
>already established he isnt black
He's half black. It's not incorrect at all.
>>
>>94146479

>Peter never had a family to worry about

Aunt May isn't family?
>>
>>94146454
Obviously the normies who like him don't even read his books.
>>
>>94147766
Peters love story with MJ was just a rip on a movie as well
>>
>>94147338
I live in Puerto Rico, there are black puerto ricans just like how I've known blonde blue eyed puerto ricans, puerto rican isn't a race, it's a nationality.
>>
>>94147774
it is when you stop half way.
>>
>>94147348

Why are the strongest men in the world not black?
>>
>>94147774
>He's half black
No, he's black. Me having a white mother doesn't make me half white.
>>
>>94147766
>created Miles Morales because of Donald Glover's black Spider-Man push.
Was this really a big deal or was it just a vocal minority, because for the life of me, I can't remember reading anything about that when ASM came out.
>>
>>94147774
>He's half black. It's not incorrect at all.

And OJ isn't a nigger because he says so.
>>
>>94147790
I live in america and everyone is american. I agree
>>
>>94147869
There's a difference between niggers and black men.
>>
>>94147885
Do other marvel heroes get labeled for being from specific states (granted PR isn't a state but a colony but that topic isn't a part of Mile's character)?
>>
>>94147905
>There's a difference between niggers and black men
Tell that to the police.
>>
>>94147906
Hell Mile's isn't even from PR, only his mother and relatives are, that's like a character getting labeled as Hawaiian because his father is from there. Has he even ever visited the island?
>>
>>94147790
Your TaĆ­no ancestors must be weeping in hell.
>>
>>94147933
Thats why americans people claiming theyre aryan even though they never visited Europe. I agree.
>>
>>94147938
Taino disappeared as a race long ago, all that's left is traces of their genes diluted in the population.
>>
>>94148016
I'm going off topic, never mind.
>>
>>94147972
You okay there champ?
>>
>>94147814
>seriously responding to such obvious race bait
Jesus, Anon.
>>
Culturally speaking there are two kinds of Puerto Ricans, islanders and those that live in the continental USA in communities composed mostly of fellow Puerto Ricans. Both can be pretty different.
>>
>>94146454
>Venom blast spam
How creative of Bendis to make another black hero with electric-based power.
>>
>>94148053
anons logic is heritage is non existent.
>>94148097
you left out new yorkers which is mostly covered by the second group but theyre new yorkers
>>
>>94147830
It was a fan push, and Donald Glover thought it'd be cool, and there was a lot of "internet debate" about it. A few months later? Miles.
>>
>>94146828
>killing off a beloved character that inspired a whole universe to replace him with a half black half latino kid

It's already /pol/.
>>
>>94146860
>busty tomboy in one piece suit
Hello boner my old friend...
>>
>>94146454

Miles needs a new personality built around his power set. He can cloak? Make him stealthily taunt people and get them paranoid.

One hit KO people with venom? Let him outright challenge them to do what they can because he knows he's gonna win and it would make them angrier than trying to repeat peter's quipping style.
>>
>>94146479

Holy shit you've never read the comics then
>>
>>94146454
>IT: it's another Miles Morales bash topic with the same OP pic by whitewashfags
>>
>>94146454
It's weird that after all the Venom Blast spam, Bendis then has Miles almost get killed by fucking Hammerhead. For some reason Miles didn't even try using Venom Blast on him, almost like Bendis wrote himself into a corner with that. You'd think he'd have gone with "his adamantium skeleton makes him immune" or something.
>>
>>94149011
Miles suck, deal with it.
>>
>>94146479
>disregarding May and MJ being some of the most influential characters to him
>multiple issues dedicated to saving Aunt May's life
>Uncle Ben was one of the big reasons he became Spider-Man
>>
>>94149459
and you're O B S E S S E D.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.