[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some some reason I just remembered about the existence of this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 41P948ZTM5L._SY445_.jpg (29KB, 316x445px) Image search: [Google]
41P948ZTM5L._SY445_.jpg
29KB, 316x445px
Some some reason I just remembered about the existence of this film

Can we just talk about it? Was quite a good film wasnt it?
>>
childhood is praising A Big's Life

adulthood is when you realize Antz was the better movie
>>
>>94145211
Oh shit I think it was Antz I was thinking of

Its weird I remember more of the story and moments in Antz, but I remember the characters of a bugs life. My memory is like a weird mashup combining both

Why the hell was there even two ant movies at the same time? It was as bad as anime trends
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
>Hey Ladybug, why don't you come pollinate with a real bug?

How did this get past censors.
>>
>>94145211
I disagree. I still hate Antz.

A Bugs Life didn't hold up as well as other older cg movies like the first Toy Story for me. Toy Story benefits from the aged animation since, well, they're toys and supposed to look plastic. A Bugs Life just looks so jarring to me now and all i can focus on are the plot problems

Antz is just boring
>>
>>94145211
They were both solid movies.
A Bug's Life was the Disney take on The Magnificent Seven, and Antz was a kid friendly Woody Allen film.
>>
File: hot.jpg (139KB, 759x1052px) Image search: [Google]
hot.jpg
139KB, 759x1052px
>>94145211
Shut the fuck up you goddamn retard. A bug's life was the superior ant movie, no debate. Antz had a shitty story, even for a Woody Allen movie. Not to mention, A bug's life had infinitely more attractive characters, pic related. What did Antz have? Ugly faces on ugly ants. It would have actually been a more merciful fate if they filmed real ants instead of animating those fucking monstrosities.
>>
I remember those days, studios for some reason liked to go head to head with similarly themed movies at the same time, earthquake movies, asteroid movies, bug movies...

Honestly they're both good. I prefer Antz but this one's not bad for a 7 samurai retelling

>>94145394
>The Magnificent Seven

don't be a pleb
>>
>>94145356
There was something about a chief animator from Pixar defecting and going to Dreamworks with a bunch of Pixar's ideas. So Bug's Life became Antz, and Finding Nemo became Shark Tale.
>>
>>94146713
This is a somewhat faggy video but it explains what happened.

https://youtu.be/hkFU3SKWIEY
>>
I remember getting really scared watching the scene where Hopper has Flik beaten within an inch of his life.
>>
>>94146713
>>94145510

Yeah, you're talking about Katzenberg. He was an asshole at Disney but left due to butting heads with others, then went to Dreamworks. He knew about A Bug's Life so he stole the idea of an ant film and raced to beat Disney to the punch with it. After that he tried to directly challenge Disney again with Shark Tale and Madagascar vs Nemo and The Wild, the latter being the only one where Dreamwork were able to come out on top since their film hit earlier.

Also if you watch Shrek it's basically full of hateful mockery of Disney.
>>
didn't a bugs life borrow a lot from seven samurai or something?
>>
>>94147693

IIRC Eisner promoted himself to be CEO of Disney, and Katzeberg left because he was hoping for that position. At least Dreamworks gave us few good movies. Competition is great for us, consumers.
>>
File: Rosie.jpg (9KB, 227x230px) Image search: [Google]
Rosie.jpg
9KB, 227x230px
I remember it for the bug waifus
>>
>>94147982
>human head on insect body

shit-tier
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.