[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would "story driven" shows like Adventure Time or Steven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 2016-05-19-0405-43.webm (3MB, 684x520px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-19-0405-43.webm
3MB, 684x520px
Would "story driven" shows like Adventure Time or Steven Universe be better off with full 22 minute episodes instead of 11 minute ones?
>>
File: 1500258147645.gif (103KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1500258147645.gif
103KB, 128x128px
>>
>>94144649
You woukdnt have to cram so much into such a short timeframe. You could better space it out and let scenes breath better.
>>
Not necessarily.
45 minutes or gtfo
>>
>>94144649
No because it would still have the same incompetent crew who would use that extra 22 minutes to putz around and do jack shit.

Plus there are much bigger story problems than individual episodes being too short.
>>
>>94144792
>same incompetent crew
But aren't they incompetent first and foremost because they couldn't handle fitting a decent story into an 11 minute episode? Did they neuter the story to fit it in 11 minutes? If 22 minute episodes were the norm, would the story have potential?
>>
Looking at how Gravity Falls used it's 22 minute runs, not at all
They'd end up having to split the episode into a-b plots and episodes would suffer for it.

Now, if every episode were paced like Bismuth and not Gem Harvest? Sure. But we all know that wouldn't happen
>>
>>94144872
No. Townie episodes would not benefit at all from being 22 minutes, it would actually hurt the series more. And most story-based episodes are 2 - 5 parts anyway, so being 11-minutes doesn't matter since when you put stuff like The Trial all together, it's a 50-minute special.

Things are either reverted to status quo (Adventure Time) or put on the shelf for later (Steven Universe). They spend lots of time building things up but can't deliver and have shitty, boring resolutions.The overall pacing of entire seasons is trash. Both shows have a bad habit of telling, not showing. And in the case of Steven, the crew seems to think episodes about Ronaldo idling in the house are somehow more interesting than episodes about Steven exploring the Temple.
>>
>>94144649
>steven universe
>story driven
what show were you watching?
>>
Yes, always. I was surprised Welcome to the Wayne was 22 minutes.
>>
But hen they couldn't be board driven
It's also why gravity falls was script driven
>>
File: 1498434541355.jpg (8KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
1498434541355.jpg
8KB, 257x196px
>>94144649
Yes
>>
>>94144692
I agree. I think Star Vs. would benefit from it too since that show's pacing is fucking garbage

I'd much rather 22 minute for plot related episodes and two 11 minute episodes for filler. Then i could skip the filler just based on runtime.
>>
>>94144922
Gravity Falls would not have been the brilliance it was had it used 11-minute episodes like most of the cartoons nowadays (which are all terrible).
>>
no because these cartoons are horrible at pacing and time usage already with 11 minutes
they'd stretch out stupid scenes just to fill airtime.
very little of these shows are actually plot/lore, most of its is finn/star/steven dicking around
>>
>>94144649
Hell no.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.