[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I please get a grown-up discussion on Drac? /v/ is giving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 16

File: noticia-castlevania-22.jpg (35KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
noticia-castlevania-22.jpg
35KB, 720x405px
Can I please get a grown-up discussion on Drac? /v/ is giving me brain tumors
>>
>>94141694

Well what do you want to talk about?
>>
>>94141726
About the recent Castlevania series on Netflix, if you don't mind. What did you think about it? Were the jokes too forced?
>>
>>94141694
What discussion can there even be at this point? Everything's been talked about to death already.
Here, I'll give you a play by play prediction of how this thread will go
>yeah it was alright
>I agree, one of the rare good vidya adaptation
>Too bad it was so short
>SEASON 2 WHEN?
>samefuckingmspaintedbaitpic.png THIS SHOW SHITS ON GOOD CHRISTIAN VALUES AND IS AN INSULT TO CASTLEVANIA
>500 posts and 200 images of shitpost follow
>>
>>94141694
>Grown up discussion
>on 4chan
we both know how this is gonna end.
>>
>>94141770
Some of the cursing felt forced, but the jokes overall were fine. A few fell flat and a few were pretty funny.
>>
File: Alucard.jpg (51KB, 695x475px)
Alucard.jpg
51KB, 695x475px
>>94141694
>Castlevania

REMEMBER THAT TIME WHEN EVERYTHING WAS RADICAL.
>>
>>94141770
Thought it was pretty good but it's honestly too short for me to judge.
>>
Dracula is wrong for the right reasons. He deserves his vengeance, but Trevor and the gang deserve their shot at taking him down.
>>
>>94141818
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbDe6wsLLNA
>>
>>94141771
You're forgetting
>Where's Grant?
>They curse too much
>Warren is a hack
>Why does Alucard look like such a faggot?
>Are the games fun?
>I'd drink Sypha's piss haha
>>
>>94141858
You forgot
>Anyone who likes this show is a paid shill!
>>
File: 1500533296177.gif (1MB, 160x160px)
1500533296177.gif
1MB, 160x160px
It was great, i'm excited for season 2. My only complaints are how short It was and the absence of Castlevania OST
>>
I'll definitely say that they made the whip combat pretty damned awesome
I was worried about that, but the scenes with the whip in Trevor vs Alucard got me from torpid to erect in an instant

I can definitely say that this is my favorite thing to come from Frederator
>>
>>94141974
I was a fan of how the whip caused demons to explode like it does in the old games.
>>
>>94141932
This. Show could have easily benefited from remixes of Classicvania tracks. I'm just hoping a version of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-RdjNFCYs8 plays when the gang raids Dracula's castle.
>>
My main problems with this show are

1) The music is generic Hollywood bullshit. Would fit right in any given horror movie. Where's my memorable video game shit?

2) Monster designs are equally bland and personality-free. It's really annoying because all the character designs are great, so fighting a buncha boring looking winged hellbeasts is lame.

other than that it was pretty neat
>>
It was alright. I liked Trevor, I think he played it with just the right amount of tongue-in-cheek. The story, settings, and characters were serviceable, if not much more than that (which is fine considering how much they tried to get done in 4 episodes). The animation and aesthetic were nice. My biggest complaint is with the sound design and soundtrack. It played the same droning, dreary tune with the same dreary, serious levels for the entire 80+ minutes and it only fit for maybe 10% of the action.
>>
I was kind of surprised that the Bishop got it so early. I figured Drac would want to do that himself.
>>
I'd like to see a lot more variety in monster design come season two. Think Berserk's Eclipse, but with a few recognizable faces. None of these boring gargoyles. Bluetooth was based though.

Better music. Can't even remember the theme song.

Goes without saying, but more Dracula. I'd kill for a Mr Freeze scene of him staring at some magic pictures of Lisa.

I never played the games, so I don't know who Grant is, but a new teammate would be neat.
>>
>>94142648
The monsters is what I was gonna say, that's one of the main things I think of when I think of Castlevania, lots of different monsters.

Very nice show though, glad there's more on the way.
>>
I just loved that the people didn't act like complete faggots.

First they'll be talking all quite AND THEN SCREAM TO MAKE AN EMOTIONAL EMPHASIS BECAUSE SCREAMING (with a clenched fist) IS THE ONLY WAY TO CONVEY SERIOUSNESS IN ANIME.

Fuck I hate shit. It's an immediate red flag that the people making it have NO self awareness.

Also Belmont didn't have a 5 minute monologue on the nature of good and evil every time he met an enemy that could talk.
>>
>>94142648
Grant was a pirate with throwing daggers that jumped really high and could stick to walls.
>>
>>94141694
Did anyone else get immense GARO vibes when watching this show?
>>
File: dad of the year.gif (2MB, 380x212px)
dad of the year.gif
2MB, 380x212px
>>94142734
It's not just you, my Bloody Brother
https://youtu.be/eeXU6ciFubk?t=7
>>
>>94142694
I find the idea of Richard Armitage trying to voice a typical hotblooded shounen protag to be hilarious
>>
>>94142805
God please let the 3rd anime be as glorious as the first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPkHi9nqUlw
>>
>>94141770
>>>/r/eddit

The show is only good because it's bad.

The voice acting, while done by professionals, is poorly directed and it drags down the rest of the show because of it. The animation goes from super detailed to a power point presentation. The sound direction is absolutely atrocious. And if a that want bad enough, is so god damn short.

I have some friends that were really into this show, and i know for a fact they browse Reddit, and they made me sit through it a couple weeks ago. This show is awful and i feel like every one has blinders on making them miss the glaring flaws for the mildly more detailed artwork coming from a "Western" show.
>>
>>94142874
>The sound direction is absolutely atrocious
agreed 101%
I couldn't help but notice how dulled the fight scenes were due to poor choice of music, and honestly I don't remember any of its tracks.
>>
>>94142874
>I'm gonna say what everyone else is saying
>BUT I'M GONNA SAY IT ANGRY
>AND I'M GONNA ACT LIKE IT'S THE WORST THING IN THE WORLD
>AND I'M GONNA CALL IT REDDIT
(you)
>>
>>94142853
Well it can hardly be as shit as the second, that'd be a hard feat to pull off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unMNs7xgTrc
>>
>>94142968
You have to go back.
>>
>>94142978
Did Keiichi Okabe (NieR) compose this?
>>
>ballbusting fetish
>Trevor gets his nuts kicked twice in the same fight
Good shit.
>>
File: garovania.png (43KB, 761x203px)
garovania.png
43KB, 761x203px
>>94142734
>>
>>94143047
Huh, interesting, it works when it's guys doing it? You learn something new every day I guess. That entire scene was hilarious though.
>>
File: 1491374975621.jpg (23KB, 336x330px)
1491374975621.jpg
23KB, 336x330px
>>94141694
>Castlevania
>Not Dr.Gauis Baltar Vamprie Hunter
How could they fuck up so badly /co/?
>>
>>94143060
>an hero
>>
File: Alucard Sword Special.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Alucard Sword Special.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>94141694
I really enjoyed all the small references.
>>
>>94143999
>"I no longer travel as a man."
>confused at the liberties being taken, is Dracula teleporting or some shit?
>immediately remember Dracula teleports all the fucking time

I enjoyed these episodes immensely.
>>
File: 1499994513855.png (1MB, 1080x1288px)
1499994513855.png
1MB, 1080x1288px
>Castlevania
>They never get to the Castle.
>>
>>94143999
NGL, I kind of wanted alucard to kiss trevor at the end of that fight. But then again I kind of always expect characters who get up in each other's faces like that to kiss.

Don't ask what's wrong with me because I don't know.
>>
>>94144425
You are a faggot
>>
File: 1437764037987.jpg (374KB, 1000x750px)
1437764037987.jpg
374KB, 1000x750px
>>94143013
Nope, soundtrack was composed by JAM Project, Sasaki Sayaka and Morikubo Shotaro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK2zSnvC7W4
>>
>>94144284
>First season
>They never get to the final level
Woooow
>>
>>94142694
>guys I watched a daytime shounen action show
>now let me tell you about how all anime is the same even though it doesn't even have anything to do with this show
wew
>>
>>94141694

I wasn't a fan of the set-up, but I did really enjoy the last episode. Particularly the Alucard/Belmont fight, that's where it really started to feel like Castlevania to me. The church shenanigans, Dracula's dead wife, Trevor Belmont struggling to give a fuck and pull himself out of the bottle, all of that felt really superfluous. Too much faffing about for a series that only had 4 episodes for its season. But then again maybe it's just me, I like very tight, simple, concise narratives, but that could have been too boring for other folks.
>>
Never played Castlevania. I enjoyed it a lot anyway.
>>
>>94148205
>Never played Castlevania.
YOU QUEER DICK SUCKING CAKEBOY
>>
>>94143013
Yes.

>>94147049
They did the OPs and EDs, not the background music.
>>
File: why live.png (294KB, 569x694px)
why live.png
294KB, 569x694px
>>94148236
I had a shitty boring childhood of a 3rd world poorfaggotry, anon.
>>
>>94141694
i have a problem about how their potrait Dracula sympathy
How the hell their can pull off to justify Dracula appear in the next season
>>
Why are those bigoted vampire hunters oppressing those poor innocent vampires who are only doing what they can to survive
>>
>>94148287
anon pls I grew up with mortar fire being my alarm clock and we still had time to play castlevania in ps1
>>
File: Dracula.jpg (68KB, 466x699px)
Dracula.jpg
68KB, 466x699px
Basic info:
>Season 1 is 4 episodes
>Season 2 (already confirmed) is 8 episodes
>Those first 12 episodes are a remake of Castlevania III.
>Wallachia is a region (now part of Romania)
>Targoviste and Gresit are cities in Wallachia

anti-christian meme:
>The Belmont clan was founded by Leon Belmont in 1094. The clan's purpose was to protect the people from darkness. However, the church/people feared their supernatural power and exiled them from Wallachia.
>The story of Castlevania III follows Trevor Belmont in 1476. In the game, the church had tried and failed to fight Dracula before asking the Belmont clan for help as a last resort.
>Dracula was originally a human and friend of Leon Belmont, but after he lost his love he schemed to become a vampire and curse god. Over the centuries leading up to 1476 he would offer humans knowledge in his castle. Lisa was one such human who he fell in love with as she reminded him of that woman he lost as a human. Later she was burned at the stake by the church and this starts off the events of Castlevania III (pretty much the same in the game as in the show).
>In the games, Sypha was raised by witches but darkness poisoned the hearts of man which started the witch trials and led to the death of her family (she escaped). Some time later she was granted protection by the church and trained as a monk. Eventually becoming a hunter for the church, to get revenge on the darkness. The church sent her out (disguised as a man, cause Wallachia scared of witches) to hunt Dracula but she was turned to stone by the Cyclops until Trevor finds her.
>At the end of the game, The group is viewed as legendary heroes and the Belmont clan once again is honored and respected.

tl;dr:
>God is real.
>The artifacts have real power.
>Witch burning is bad and the church was wrong for doing it.
>Exiling the Belmonts was a mistake.
>The Church are good guys.
>The Bishop was a power mad dickhead and he fucked up bad.
>>
>>94149334
I'm not super clear on this but I think Castlevania III (the game itself) is set in Transylvania though the Belmonts have been exiled from Wallachia (a region south of Transylvania). Wheras the Netflix show is set in Wallachia.

So this line should read:
>(disguised as a man, cause Transylvania scared of witches)

>>94142031
I agree 100% with both complaints. Castlevania is legendary for it's music, that really let me down. Hopefully he monsters get better in Season 2.

>>94148443
Dracula is incapable of forgiveness and lives only for revenge.

>>94142874
I enjoyed the show and am looking forward to season 2 but I agree with all of your complaints, though maybe not to the same extent. The animation never reaches Dragon Ball Super levels of bad, for instance.

>>94143999
I did too but at times I kind of felt like they were trying to cram as many references as possible which felt too campy for my taste.

>>94148047
Entire first season is setup, everything happens in the second season.

>>94143715
Wayyyy too similar to 12 Monkeys Season 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKJG8VtoeWM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAJg-JYEvIY
>>
>>94142694
I feel like I should point out that this isn't an anime and was made by the same studio that made adventure time and chalkzone
>>
>>94147049
FUCK YEA

JAM Project can make anything amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuUSW_tyYt4
>>
>>94150107
Its produced by frederator but animated elsewhere
>>
>>94143999
I do like that trevor was smart enough to recognise the backstab attempt, but just wasn't strong enough to block it properly
>>
>>94150143
Looks like the animation is a team effort of a bunch of different crappy companies.
>Frederator Studios (wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederator_Studios )
>Powerhouse Animation Studios (wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerhouse_Animation_Studios )
>Shankar Animation (literally who)
>Project 51 Productions (literally who)
>Mua Film (literally: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ReoBPl4mM )
>>
>>94141770
The writing was very Ellis. As an Ellisfag, I enjoyed it. I imagine people that aren't too fond of his style would find it grating though.
>>
File: dbz yaranaika.jpg (103KB, 600x900px)
dbz yaranaika.jpg
103KB, 600x900px
>>94150107
Fuck, accidentally linked a version without subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a85Xdmk_WIA
>>
File: castlekino.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
castlekino.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>94150107
That they can
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFpNPoe2hm4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fW2IK3lnt4
>>
>>94150100
BELMONT YOU GOTTA DRAW SOMETHIN'
>>
>>94148047
>Lisa's death
>superfluous
>>
Do I need to watch first season to get into second one?

Can I get a quick rundown?
>>
File: 1500769610792.jpg (38KB, 336x442px)
1500769610792.jpg
38KB, 336x442px
>>94141694
>Wanting a grown-up discussion of a childish program
>>
>>94149334
>>Witch burning is bad and the church was wrong for doing it.
Remember that "Lies, in the house of god?" line? The Bishop knew she wasn't a witch and that's why his actions were wrong in a universe where witches are probably a very real threat.
>>
>>94153909
1. The second season isn't even out yet
2. The first season is only 4 22 minutes episodes and is definitely worth watching
3. Here's a quick rundown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnMrI72Spjo
>>
>>94141694
>/v/ is giving me brain tumors
that will happen, this isn't much better but it is better
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.