[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Hulk's strength is unlimited >because his strength

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Carnage Hulk.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Carnage Hulk.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>The Hulk's strength is unlimited
>because his strength is relative to his anger

This shit makes NO SENSE.
There is a limit to how angry you can get.
It's called chemicals in your brain and receptors.
You CANNOT have unlimited anger levels.

Sure, you can be angry for a long time, but there's a limit to how angry you can get.
Just like there's a limit to how high you can get, there's receptors and adaptations to the chemicals and receptors that bind those chemicals.

Why isn't the Hulk's stupid "unlimited power" shit been revoked yet? I mean geeks are pretty stupid but nerds at least know some stuff about the brain.
>>
>>94140908
>Comic books
>>
As mad as you sound in your post contradicts your post.
>>
The angrier he gets, the stronger he gets.

The stronger he gets, the bigger he gets.

The bigger he gets, the more chemicals/receptors/adaptations he gets.

Thus the angrier he gets, the angrier he can become.
>>
>>94140908
It's also impossible to turn into a giant green monster man, you fucking retard.
>>
>>94140908

What's your stance of a gamma radiation?
>>
The Hulk's capacity to get angry increases relative to his anger.
>>
>>94140908
>Deathstroke used "humans only use 10% of their brain" myth for decades
>Sentry had can rearrange molecules like a fucking god
>Namor is a fucking fish

Nigga, its comic books. Go read some Ultimate Universe stories if you want the character's abilities to be somewhat grounded by science. And even then that is not saying much since most of the explanations that are unexplainable in the Ultimate Universe just leads to the character being a Mutant.
>>
>>94140908
Yes, he has limits and we have seen his limits, but why waste your time talking about that? Hulk fags are usually angry Manlets that don't care about that and normal comic readers don't give a shit about that either.
>>
>>94140970
>his brain gets bigger so he gets more receptors
... wouldn't his neuron chemicals and receptors get bigger rather than gaining more?
>>
>>94141337
Exactly.
>>
File: 1500929630904.png (46KB, 1200x1314px) Image search: [Google]
1500929630904.png
46KB, 1200x1314px
>>94140984
>>
>>94141337
Not unless it was pym particle shit. The receptors might get bigger, but the transmitting chemicals are the size they are based on the atomic structurebof their molecules.
>>
>>94140908
Because it makes more sense the more you know about the brain. A prolonged period of getting angry regularly, for example, increases your chances of future outbursts even if the original stimuli are removed. Hell, being angry or stressed can even have epigenetic effects- the closest thing there is to an actual X-Gene.

Shit you read in a magazine or got explained along side your Prozac or Adderall prescription is not a real education on neurochemistry.
>>
>>94140908
>130 pound soaking wet scrawny scientist turns into an eight foot tall 1000 pound green skinned behemoth who can break planets in half
>This biology is unrealistic
I'm guessing whatever increases his mass by almost eight times and gives him the strength of a literal god probably lets him stay as mad as he wants as long as he wants.
>>
>>94141337
Both, bigger glans that produce it, more angry he can get, it's a self sufficient system that always give better returns than the needed.
>>
There is no limit to anger. You get angry, it's a state, then it ceases, then you get angry again.
Every time the Hulk gets angry he gets stronger, so they just worded it bad.
>>
>>94140908
>There is a limit to how angry you can get.

Heh. I used to think that.
>>
>>94141627
please souce this, i've read that comic once and i want to read it again but i can't remember the name
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 599x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 599x245px
>>94144147
It's Gunshow, my man.
>>
>>94144185
thank you, i would post a pic that shows how thankful i am but i'm on mobile
>>
>>94140908
>This shit makes NO SENSE.
stopped reading
also welcome to comics
>>
>>94140908
go jack off to captain marvel you numale fag
>>
>>94142047
>bigger glans
heh
>>
>>94140908
Wrong Hulk's power is to be strongest there is. If someone becomes the strongest then Hulk becomes stronger because Hulk is strongest.
>>
File: newspaper-spidey.png (140KB, 662x217px) Image search: [Google]
newspaper-spidey.png
140KB, 662x217px
>>94140984
Next, you'll tell me radioactive spiders will give me cancer instead of wall-crawling powers.
>>
>There is a limit to how angry you can get.
Fuck you bitch you can't tell me what I can and can't do
>>
>>94141627
Criminally underused image for this site.
>>
>>94140908
Haven't you ever been hit with intense gamma radiation?
It's kind of like that.
>>
>>94141152
There is some truth to the myth, as people usually concentrate only certain parts of their brain on a specific task. Deathstroke's superpower helps him hyper-concentrate on some task better than an average man.
>>
>>94145496
>as people usually concentrate only certain parts of their brain on a specific task
Yeah, because the rest of their brain is doing useful shit like making sure they keep breathing
>>
Hulk siphons his power from another dimension. The angrier he gets the more power he siphons. And the more power he siphons the stronger he physically gets.

So in theory his strength is infinite. This has been explained by bios and has been stated by near-omnipotent cosmic characters like the Beyonder.
But we still haven't really seen him tap into all that power, because he has never been that angry.

You're right about people having anger limits, but in theory... if you get angry enough, you might kill someone, right? You just snap and you do the unthinkable. Now imagine how much it would actually take to reach that breaking point.
>>
>>94140908
RADIOACTIVE CHEMICALS
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.