[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.cbr.com/rebirth-doomsday -clock-nearly-canceled/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: GuejxBRH[1].jpg (1MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
GuejxBRH[1].jpg
1MB, 3975x3056px
http://www.cbr.com/rebirth-doomsday-clock-nearly-canceled/

>For over a year, DC’s heroes, from Batman to Superman to the Titans and Flash and beyond, have been uncovering clues leading them to an inevitable showdown with Manhattan and whomever might be working alongside him for reasons as yet unrevealed. Now, as we head towards 2018, the answers fans have been debating, pundits have theorized over and everyone is waiting to learn are set to be revealed in the pages of Doomsday Clock, and event series written by Geoff Johns and illustrated by Gary Frank.

>And it came this close to not happening.

>While meeting with the press on the DC Entertainment yacht at Comic-Con International, Johns revealed that while he and Frank had been slated from the start of Rebirth to explain it, the initial storyline for Doomsday Clock never quite coalesced in a way that either creator felt worked.

>“On the set of Wonder Woman, we talked a lot about it,” Johns told the press. “At the end of the day, we thought, ‘You know what? We’re not going to do it.”

>Of course, answers to the mystery revolving around the final pages of the DC Universe: Rebirth one-shot that kicked the Watchmen mystery off had to come in one form or another. But as fate would have it, Johns didn’t have to think too long about developing a new approach to dealing with the can of blue, nuclear-powered worms he’d opened after all. “And then the election happened. And then other things in the world happened, and it changed,” Johns recalled.” Suddenly, the whole story just jumped into my head, and I called Gary and said, ‘I just have to pitch this to you, because I have this story, and the story is bigger than I thought it was, it’s different than I thought it was, it’s more risky than I thought it was.'”

Looks like Rebirth is as badly planned as usual DC attempts on reboots and continuity adjustments.
>>
no shut up Marvel sucks and DC is god
>>
>>94132766
>"and then the election happened"

Didn't he say he saw politics as low-hanging fruit a while ago?
>>
>>94132954
to be fair he isnt saying anything negative, but stating the fact people were shocked by the outcome
>>
File: IMG_0227.png (562KB, 800x492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0227.png
562KB, 800x492px
>>94132766
I'll still take it over Marvel Comics
>>
>>94132998
So do I, but I wish they would finally learn their lesson. It's been over 30 years since CoIE and they still make the same mistakes.
>>
>>94132766
This is probably a good thing. I bet the initial idea was just a Watchmen crossover event.
>>
>>94132991
>but stating the fact people were shocked by the outcome
He states that nowhere in there.
>>
>>94132954
He said addressing politics head on is a low hanging fruit. Being inspired by the way a certain political event played out isn't the same thing.

A lot of people believe the Nixon administration was part of the inspiration for Darkseid and Kamandi's world. But Kirby never wrote anything straight up political.
>>
>>94133250
>A lot of people believe the Nixon administration was part of the inspiration for Darkseid and Kamandi's world.
It's a lot more than "believe," people who knew Kirby have straight-up said he based Darkseid on Nixon.
>>
>>94132815
dcucks still can't recover from the comic-con beatdown? it's been 2 days already
>>
>>94133354
What comicon beatdown?
>>
>>94133354
>beatdown
Imagine actually believing this
>>
Clue me in as Ive only been able to follow comics loosely online. Oh, Im an old fuck that knows a lot of shit about comics, sure, but, my actual comic buying days have become once or twice a year...maybe $100 annually for several years now. Theyve priced me out of a lifelong hobby sad to say.
Anyways, is this implying Doomsday and Dr Manhatten are somehow connected? Is that whats coming?
>>
>>94133354
Recover from BTFO of Marvel by launching two Fantastic Four books?
>>
>>94133411
No. Also:
>Theyve priced me out of a lifelong hobby sad to say
Comics aren't THAT expensive nowadays.
>>
File: 1481668101841.png (789KB, 885x659px) Image search: [Google]
1481668101841.png
789KB, 885x659px
>>94132766
>And then the election happened
/pol/ fag here. I don't even care. This is the first DC Comic I'm going to read since Multiversity. I can't wait.
>>
I don't get what OP means though. It's just saying they were going to go in a different direction then changed their minds. How is that evidence of disorder?

>>94133411
No, doomsday is being used as an adjective not a noun. Not related to the character.
>>
>>94133317
And, look what we got as a result, Kirby came up with a lot of irreplaceable aspects of Cosmic DC, whereas if he was on the nose about it, his works would have fallen into obscurity.

I feel like the more you try to make something MODERN and HIP and trying to push for an outright specific message focused on a specific moment in history, it ends up becoming a little heavily dated and few would want to read it.

As groundbreaking as Green Arrow/Green Lantern was, it's more PSA-y stories have come off as corny at best and outright hammy at worst, and it's not entirely the fault of the Silver Age as a whole being unsubtle as fuck.
>>
>>94133473
Because you're a reasonable human being and not a soft babby who gets triggered at the first mention of things.
>>
File: 1500517198398.png (360KB, 736x566px) Image search: [Google]
1500517198398.png
360KB, 736x566px
>>94133483
This
>>
>>94133411
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock

Johns said Doomsday was not in this.
>>
>>94133411
So far, it's setting up that the Nu52 was a result of Doctor Manhattan playing around with the DC Universe's timeline. How the rest of Watchmen ties into what Doomsday Clock will be is tentative at best, but there's speculation (that might be a red herring) that a certain, shadowy figure in the current Superman books, is Ozymandias, too. This probably isn't true, but it's fun to speculate.
>>
>>94133482
>I don't get what OP means though. It's just saying they were going to go in a different direction then changed their minds. How is that evidence of disorder?

He's upset at all the anti-Marvel threads so he's trying to make a comparison.
>>
>>94133445
Two?
>>
>>94133596
>New Challengers
>Terrifics
>>
>>94133482
>I don't get what OP means though. It's just saying they were going to go in a different direction then changed their minds. How is that evidence of disorder?

If this was well planned, then they would have a direction they were sure of before starting of the whole thing. Stuff like that is what leads to Hawksnarls.

>>94133556
I lost all my hope for current Marvel after CW2. Not planning to go back until Alonso is fired.
>>
>>94133483
>GA/GL
>silver age

u wut
>>
BASED JOHNS ARCHITECT OF EVERY POSITIVE THING TO HAPPEN IN CURRENT DC WHILE BEING AN ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE WRITER WHO PLANS NOTHING IN ADVANCE!!!!
>>
>>94134001
Oh, shit, my bad. Bronze Age, that's it. Still, the Bronze Age continued on with the same general "tone" that the Silver Age had.
>>
Sounds more like Johns being overwhelmed by the negativity at DC prior to Rebirth, the shit thrown at them for the movies and the election that was a shit show for everyone. One of those moments where you go ''Fuck this shit let's drink ourselves to death.''
>>
>>94134357
You're right it's not his fault he's a fucking hack.
>>
>>94133250
>A lot of people believe the Nixon administration was part of the inspiration for Darkseid and Kamandi's world. But Kirby never wrote anything straight up political.

THIS.

THIS GUY FUCKING GETS IT.
>>
>>94134357
Yeah, Johns literally didn't even say it was a political thing. He just said "things happening in the world" gave him an idea for Doomsday Clock.
>>
>>94133354
You mean the one where Marvel didn't announce anything?
>>
>>94134584
he said in the first interview about it it was the fact that people took sides so sharply that influenced him too
>>
>>94133354
Only niggers from /tv/ care about movies. I am on a comic book board.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.