[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spider-Man 1: >Box Office: $821.7 million Spider-Man 2: >Box

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

File: spider-men.jpg (213KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
spider-men.jpg
213KB, 700x394px
Spider-Man 1:
>Box Office: $821.7 million

Spider-Man 2:
>Box Office: $783.8 million

Spider-Man 3:
>Box Office: $890.9 million

Amazing Spider-Man:
>Box Office: $757.9 million

Amazing Spider-Man 2:
>Box Office: $709 million

Spider-Man: Homecoming:
>Box office: $571.7 million

Spider-Flops, Spider-Flops
Making movies in Marvels sweatshops
Hollands a joke, like his penis size,
Garfields' appealing like a corpse with flies
Look Out!
Here comes the Spider-Flops.

Is Tobey strong?
Listen bud,
He's got radioactive box office blood.
Can he make a hit from a dud
Take a look overhead
Hey, there McGuire
There goes the Spider-Man.
>>
>>94124848
>Based Raimi showing up those shitty movies

The man made the best Spidey movies, made the Evil Dead Trilogy, AND did Drag Me To Hell. What a hero.
>>
>SONY RUINED IT REEEEE!!!1

Not even an overpaid Robert Downey can save the Homecoming turd. Maybe it's your Marvel brand?
>>
>>94124848
>Spider-Man: Homecoming:
>Box office: $571.7 million
What was the original investment?
>>
>>94124906
'bout tree fiddy
>>
>>94124892
The Quick and the Dead too.
>>
>>94124892
>>94124963
And Darkman
>>
>>94124848
People are tired of Peter, Miles is going to bring the new audiences to the movies
>>
File: homer xfl.jpg (33KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
homer xfl.jpg
33KB, 512x384px
>>94125018
Replace the XFL with Miles merch
>>
IT WAS HOLLANDS TURN
>>
It hasn't been released in China yet you idiots.
>>
>>94124848
Man, Homecoming suit is awful
>>
>>94124906
Remember all of those posts how DC needed 3 billion to break even? That's really Spiderman's budget.
>>
>>94124848
B-B-B-B-BUT IT WAS FUN, ANON!
>>
>>94124848
>comparing total gross with a movie that hasn't even been out for a month and hasn't opened in China yet

I know that this is bait but could you at least try not to come across as a retard.
>>
>>94125228
Can't wait to repost the OP when Homecoming is a flop in China
>>
>>94124848
Is this with inflation? It gonna make less money than WW with 50M$ more in the production budget

HC is a very bad joke..
> RDJ
> Spidey in MCU
> That marketing

It gonna make similar to ASM overall box office, what a joke.
>>
>>94124848
Toby is the one and only spiderman
>>
>>94124848
>Movie still has two months left in its cycle
>Hasn't been released in Japan/China yet
>If it continues as it is, set to beat at least WW
>WHAT A FLOP! MARVEL IS FINISHED! FUCK FAIL!

You people are morons
>>
>>94124848
You guys ever make your own versions as a kid?

Spiderman, Spiderman
Does whatever a spider can
Swings a web
Fucks your mom
He invented the atom bomb
Watch out
Here comes the Spiderman

And

Spiderman, Spiderman
Does things spiders also can
He can do, anything
Gets his powers from his spider ring!
Watch out!
Here comes the spiderman
>>
>>94125296
> Bigger Drop per week
> Spidey week 3 is less than WW week 4

Sure mate
>>
Girls, girls, you're both ugly.
>>
>>94125375
>Massive lead the first two weeks.
>Slightly larger drop off the third week.

Remain dumb my friend. We'll see in a couple of months.
>>
>>94125295
I liked how large he was.

Why is marvel obsessed with twink spidey? He's literally jacked
>>
>>94125270
The reason for this is right there in the opening and ending credits:

>Producer: Amy Pascal
>A Pascal Pictures Production

When will they fucking learn not to let this emotionally unstable, illiterate, probably-actually-subnormal-IQ retard not have anything to do with making films?
>>
>>94125509
Dammit, remove the second "not".

BRB, sudoku.
>>
>>94124848
Hell yeah Tobey is and will always be the best Peter Parker. Give me my Spiderman 4 Sony
>>
>>94125296
It's already behind WW though, maybe worldwide if it's a MASSIVE hit in China
>>
>>94125375
>domestic faggot
>>
>>94124992
i loved that movie!!! years and years later i found dvd and didnt even hesitate to buy it
>>
File: 111.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
111.gif
2MB, 300x300px
It's almost as if people hate watching Peter in High school and would rather watch him as a young adult
>>
With the Infinity War movies and Civil War, Holland's take will make more money than your cuck Raimi shit and Webb's garbage combined.
>>
>>94124848
Shouldn't you wait until it's out of theaters before doing this?
>>
>>94125442
I'm not gonna bother make a image for you but I gotta explain to that tiny brain of yours how it works!

> Wonder Woman vs Spiderman Homecoming
WW open in 4,165 theaters in the first two weeks and 4,018 in the third week
SMHC open in 4,348 in the first two weeks (~180 more places) and 4,103 in the third week (just ~50 more theaters than the inicial release of WW)

But let's check weekend by weekend shall we?

>Week 1
WW does 103M
SM does 117M (~ more 14M)

>Week 2
WW does 58M with a total of 206M
SM does 44M with a total of 207M

>Week 3
WW does 41M with a total of 275M
SM does only 22M with a total of 251M (already 25M below WW in the same weekend)

>Week 4
WW does 24M - yes 2M than Spiderman 3rd weekend - with a total of 318M
SM will probably do around 10 to 15M and reach almost the total of 275M

Do you want me to do Homecoming vs ASM 1 and ASM 2? That seems like fun

>>94125583
Yes I give you that Marvel movies always do better on International Markets than WB does but thats ok Domestic Gross gives more money to WB/Disney than Internacional with the fees and what not.
>>
Homecoming was one of the better spiderman films. It just captures who Spider is and their theme better than the Raimi stuff even if more people like Toby.
>>
>>94125172

And we all know how much chinks love minorities.
>>
>>94125546
You don't want Spider-Man 4, it sounded awful.
>>
>>94125202
Yeah. I don't know how to describe it, but it never looks real. I understand that Holland is definitely wearing the suit, but it doesn't look like it's him. It looks like a CGI person.
>>
1) Spidey is not as popular a character as he once was. It happens, tastes change. Deadpool has taken the place of the wisecracking character.

2) Middle America goes to see movies for the lead as well as the supporting cast, and the diverse cast just wasn't as appealing as a hot redhead love interest would've been. Call it racism if you wish but it is what it is.

3) On the flip side, the diverse cast didn't draw in the coastal progressives who found the movie didn't go far *enough* in jettisoning white people entirely, in favor of a Miles lead.

My only comment was, I was hoping for the film to exceed all expectations so that Fox would look at this Sony-Marvel deal and go "you know what, we cant make money with these properties but they can, lets get in on the free money deal too". But these results shoot that down, Marvel couldn't do any better with the property than Sony was already doing.
>>
>>94125018
The funny thing is that there are people who honestly believe this.
>>
>>94125953

Miles isn't inherently a problem, its that the character has been around for a decade or so and has had *zero* interesting stories or character growth. He merely exists. Even Waid has him in Champions doing nothing.

I dont mind non-white characters at all but is it too much to ask that they be interesting if we do the swap-out?
>>
File: 1500638817230.jpg (91KB, 485x461px) Image search: [Google]
1500638817230.jpg
91KB, 485x461px
>>94124848
>comparing 5 movies with full runs to one movie that's not even a month old and still hasn't opened in most parts of the world
>>
>>94125560
>It's already behind WW though
WW has been in theaters for two months retard
>>
>>94126205
We have day by day comparisions friend

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&day=num&id=2017superhero.htm
>WW day 17 $275,095,580
>Homecoming day 17 $251,711,581
It's going to be a slaughter.
>>
>>94124848
Homecoming will easily cross 700 million and it is estimated to reach between 750-800 million when all is said and done.

Of course it stands no chance at catching Raimi's 1st and 3rd, but Homecoming is pulling the franchise out of the downward spiral.
>>
>>94124848
Adjust them for inflation and the difference will be higher
>>
>>94125932
1) Spidey is not as popular a character as he once was.
WROOONNNGGGGGG. He was the best received part of the greatly received Civil War movie which made a billion dollars.

Hype was at all time high for Spidey. Now add Robert Downer Moneymaker Jr. to the mix.

This was a bigger blunder that BvS. Everyone saying BvS was a blunder because it made only 900m for the 2 biggest heroes. But that was bullshit. Iron-man is currently the biggest hero, and MoS wasnt received well.

If BvS "had" to make 1m. Then SM homecoming should made even more.

>2) Middle America goes to see movies for the lead as well as the supporting cast,
The supporting cast was fucking Iron Man and Michael Keaton! No excuses here
>>
Time to call the audience racist for not seeing it because of it's diverse supporting cast.
>>
It's almost like Sony was retarded for releasing their big film the same month China blocks it.
>>
>>94125767
You do realize that China makes the Fast and Furious films a billion dollar franchise and there's no white leads in that film anymore.
>>
>>94127036
Spider-man is not popular anymore. The character is dead. Deal with it.

>>94126321
>pulling it out of a downward spiral by making what Amazinf Spider-man made
>>
>>94127771
>Amazinf Spider-man made
With a way lower budget. No Spider-man movie has flopped. The problem with the SECOND Amazing Spider-Man movie is that it underperformed, not flopped. It made much less money than the first (which was pretty successful all things considered) despite Sony coughing almost 70 million more on it.
>>
>>94124848
This is something i'd expect from Tumblr, not /co/
>>
>>94129819

Boy are you in for a surprise
>>
>>94125747
I want you to do Homecoming vs. ASM 1 and 2
>>
>>94125018
I can see Sony and Marvel thinking this and trying to make a Miles Morales movie, fuck maybe it would millions just for SJW seen it
>>
>>94124848
THOSE ARE NOT THE FINAL NUMBERS
>>
File: 1425165945100.jpg (28KB, 354x313px) Image search: [Google]
1425165945100.jpg
28KB, 354x313px
>tfw your Spiderman movie does worse than Raimi's Spiderman 3
>>
>>94131618
That's a feel that every other S-M had and will have.
>>
>agenda driven Spiderman movie does poorly
When will they ever learn?
>>
>>94125546
But he acts nothing like Peter Parker. I liked Spider-Man 1, but when I first watched it I thought to myself, "Have these guys ever seen any of Peter's dialogue or monologues ever?"
>>
File: Spider-Man.jpg (130KB, 1114x552px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man.jpg
130KB, 1114x552px
>>94131618
Spiderman 3 blows any other spiderman movie thats not raimi's to be honest
>>
>>94131222
I have no doubt about it. They might reach hard for why this movie didn't do as well as they thought it would, and this might be their bullshit answer, white Spiderman.
>>
Does the fact that so many people identify Raimi's autistic Peter imply that most Spidey are themselves autists?
>>
>>94132020
Most are under age
>>
>>94124848
>comparing lifetime worldwide gross to a 17-day non-worldwide gross

fuck off
>>
>>94124848
>Raimi's Spider-Man selling the best
Shocker
>>
>>94132155
Was just about to post this. OP is a baiting cunt
>>
>>94125754
Homecoming was a better Spider-Man movie but the first two Raimi films were still better movies
>>
What compels OP to reconstitute the same version of this thread day after day? What drives them to such lengths?
>>
>>94125754
>>94132283
Homecoming was not a movie about Spider-Man.
>>
>>94125018
Fuck off Benis.
>>
>>94132494
>found the person whose never read a Spider-Man comic
>>
>>94125747

The other point to add to this is that GotGv2 started out with more money than SM-HC AND started out with A LOT higher opening weekend than WW. And yet, Wonder Woman just passed GotGv2.

And that versus MCU movies, SM-HC is, at this same stage in their release, $50M BEHIND GotGv2.

Which means, at best, SM-HC won't even end up being the #4 or #5 grossing superhero movie of the year, since JL should do at least what BvS did, and Thor might beat SM-HC.
>>
>>94124848
>the absolute mental status of dcucks

AHAHAHAHAAJAJAJAAGAGHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAJAJAJAAGAGHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAJAJAJAAGAGHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAJAJAJAAGAGHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAJAJAJAAGAGHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAJAJAJAAGAGHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAJAJAJAAGAGHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAJAJAJAAGAGHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>94125244
>Marvel
>flopping
>ever
>>
>>94124848
>over half a billion dollars (hasn't even opened in China yet )
>flopping
This is Trump Tier #alternativeFacts
>>
File: 1499822184204.jpg (37KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1499822184204.jpg
37KB, 640x640px
>Amazing Spider-Man 2 just came out
>Reviews were mixed but I liked it, was excited for the third film
>Was okay with the idea of Spider-Man appearing in the MCU if it was Andrew Garfield's version because I really didn't want another reboot
>Sony leaks happen, Andrew is fired, ASM3 is shitcanned and the IP is in shambles
>Disney sweeps in and makes a deal with Sony to put Spidey in the MCU
>Kind of pissed off about another reboot but okay, maybe Marvel will do him more justice
>Spidey appears in Homecoming
>Holy shit he's perfect
>But wait, why is Aunt May suddenly a MILF? And why is Tony now mentoring Peter? This doesn't feel right
>Still wonder what the world would have been like had ASM3 been released
>Leaks for Homecoming start to come out
>What the fuck is this? Why is Flash some short little guatemalan kid? Why is Ned Leeds some fat asian kid? Who's "Michelle", and why are people saying she's the new Mary Jane? Why is Iron Man featured so prominently in this film?
>Oh God, it's gonna suck, isn't it?
>Start to hate Marvel for not doing Spidey the proper justice he deserves, especially since this is his 3rd reboot
>Pray every night that this film flops hard. I don't even care what happens to Spidey, I'm just livid that they turned him into this.
>Finally the film comes out
>Go see it with a friend
>Wait...it's actually good. Like, really good.
>Even some of the things like Flash being a short rich kid and Tony Stark being Peter's mentor manage to work out pretty damn well
>Only real gripes were that shoehorned in "hurr my friends call me MJ" scene and Aunt May finding out Peter is Spider-Man at the end, but other than that it was true to the character
>Maybe Marvel will finally give us good Spidey films
>lol nope, film is underperforming and is just barely making a profit
>Start to remember all those times I prayed for this film to flop
>Realize this is all my fault

I'm sorry, guys.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.