[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't DC have Zack Snyder direct a New Gods movie or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 812243-rude_orion___darkseid.jpg (108KB, 627x960px) Image search: [Google]
812243-rude_orion___darkseid.jpg
108KB, 627x960px
Why didn't DC have Zack Snyder direct a New Gods movie or saga since he likes doing the Bible and Jesus imagery. I think he would fuck up the source though.
>>
>>94123561
Most people don't know New Gods very well.
>>
How do you fuck up the Source? It's just a wall!
>>
>>94123934
Iseewhatyoudidthere.png
>>
>>94123678
Do you really think that most people know about Marvel & DC characters beside the a-listers before the live action shit?
>>
File: New-Gods-v1-01.jpg (257KB, 620x831px) Image search: [Google]
New-Gods-v1-01.jpg
257KB, 620x831px
Zach would fuck up the New Gods because he would do Judeo Christian themes when the whole point of the New Gods is that they are pagan gods modernized into superheroes. Darkseid is not Satan, Highfather is not God, Mr Miracle is not Jesus. It is all far too subtle for Zach Snyder to wrap his head around and would be a disaster.
>>
>>94124060
>Highfather is not God

You're right - he's MOSES you dumbfuck
>>
Marvel is already making a new gods movie with kirby aesthetics and dc is making an abortion of his designs.
>>
>>94123986
No which is hardly a good thing.
No matter how hardcore the fanbase is, there will always be people who feel their way of writing a character is better than the comic form.

It's what made someone go "let's give Jonah Hex a talking to dead superpower. It's boring if he's just a badass cowboy."
It's what made Tim Burton go "let's make The Penguin a legit freak who was abandoned and raised by circus freaks. Maybe eat fish raw and uncut"
"Let's make lex luthor a quirky ADHD having eccentric. Egotistical businessman doesn't feel right."
>>
>>94124060
>It is all far too subtle for Zach Snyder
I always think that people underestimate Zack.
He has quirks that can be annoying, but I don't think he's unintelligent.

Superman '78 beat the audience over the head with the jesus thing much more than MoS.
>>
>>94124313
What are you referring to?
>>
>>94124313
New Gods are DC??
>>
>>94124552
He very clearly doesn't give a shit about the wider context of his imagery. It's all about what looks cool in that particular moment to him.
>>
>>94124711
I don't think so. Most of the jesus stuff in MoS is about people projecting that into him, which leads to the main theme of BvS.

Again, he has quirks like the amped up fight in Watchmen, but he's not as stupid as people here seem to (or are paid to) think.
>>
>>94124711
You are a retard if you believe that.
>>
>>94124653
Not the poster but I think he's talking about the new Thor movie and how it seems very Kirby esque in color and design.
>>
>>94124818
That's basically what he fucking says himself. He never talks about meaning or context, he's always like "Yeah, that would look cool."

I'm not saying he's stupid or anything, I'm saying he's not a Jesus obsessed deep thinker.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.