[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Marvel cancel Holland's contract now that Spider-Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 278
Thread images: 24

File: spiderflop.png (479KB, 1056x643px) Image search: [Google]
spiderflop.png
479KB, 1056x643px
Will Marvel cancel Holland's contract now that Spider-Man Homecoming is confirmed to be a huge flop?
>>
>>94114642
Stop this meme.
600 million worldwide, even with the rumored cost of advertising, means there was still a HUGE profit. Give it up.
>>
>>94114714
it literally needed to clear 30 trillion the first weekend TO JUST BREAK EVEN
>>
>>94114642
I hope not, it's not HIS fault.
>>
remember when MCUfags said this would gross 1.2 billion
>>
>>94114799
35 trillion at least, Marveldrrooone.
>>
Cape shit movies are just dying
>>
>>94114714
>>94114799
Is not a flop but lets face it, he's the fucking spiderman, I hope this movie makes at very least more than amazing spiderman 2, the last thing I want is another reboot.
>>
>>94114881
This is good news for comics, though.
>>
>>94114834
I think Disney expected at least a billion on GotG2 and SpiderMan

seems a bit hopeful for disney really.
>>
>>94115023
>implying comics will survive the death of cape shit movies
>>
>>94114799
You're obviously not counting the 62.31% of box office that goes straight to RDJ's pocket.
>>
>>94114642

(A) Marvel forced Sony to go with a younger guy, when Sony was, at least initially, wanting to stick with Garfield. However, Holland is UNDER CONTRACT with SONY.

>>94114714

(B) By the same kind of measures that people called BvS a bomb or huge flop, it's WAY more than fair to call SM-H a "huge flop" or comparable. At this stage in it's release, GotGv2 had made $50 million more dollars than SM-H. That means it is unlikely that SM-H will go much over $300M and certainly not as much as GotG made in North America (which matters most to the studios because [a] they are NA headquartered companies, [b] local bragging rights, and most importantly [c] most of the money that the studio makes is from the North American market. They make far less from the foreign distribution, even the very large studios such as WB and Buena Vista (Disney) who have international distributors in the largest markets - however, there is stuff they cannot control even with those foreign shell companies - for example, Russia won't let them take any more than they 'think' is appropriate out and China doesn't even put it that nicely.

(C) Wonder Woman just passed GotG domestically which means SM-H won't even be the second highest grossing film. In fact, given what is still left to release before 2017 ends, SM-H will be lucky to be #5.
>>
>>94114881
Good, i'm sick of them.
>>
>>94115130
>By the same kind of measures that people called BvS a bomb or huge flop, it's WAY more than fair to call SM-H a "huge flop" or comparable.
This is why company wars are retarded. None of them were massive bombs but both underperformed from their expectations. BvS was saved from a very strong opening because after that, it plummeted like a fucking rock. It made about half of its box office on the opening weekend, so while it didn't bomb, it didn't leave a very bright future for the franchise. Fortunately, Wonder Woman regained some good will for it.
Spider-Man seems to be on the opposite side of that. While somewhat underperforming, the good reviews and overall good audience reception leave a very bright future for the sequel to do much better than this one.
>>
>>94115130
Why are you using my comment to try and debate. I never said BvS was a flop, it made it's money; hell I never said Wonder Woman was not going to be the number one movie either, or Spider-Man would be in the top five for that matter. Take your company wars elsewhere. I merely stated the FACT Spider-Man was not a flop.

Idiots who do not understand movie revenue called BvS a flop. The reason the Snyder was let go was not due to profit, but due to how horrible the movie was reviewed and received (worldwide).

Company wars are for cancerous neckbeards who suffer from brand loyalty. Argue and debate about things that matter.
>>
>>94115729
>The reason the Snyder was let go
For someone who cry about people who don't understand things, you aren't very good at facts either it seems.
>>
>>94115877
That is fact. You can believe it was due to 'family reasons' and the PR they put out there all you want. If it helps you sleep at night and keep your little company wars going because epeen size matters, well do it. No one cares.

You do not step down and suddenly have the movie do a shit ton, not the normal amount but A LOT, of reshoots and practically recolor the whole damn thing.

He was let go. It is obvious.
>>
>>94115962
Are you implying that if he wasn't let go he would have stayed on the film when his daughter an hero'd?
>>
>>94115130
>at least initially, wanting to stick with Garfield.
Really?

I thought that Sony was kind of pissed at Garfield because he blew off a meeting or something.

I mean I've got nothing against Holland, I liked him, but I kind of wish that we got older Peter/Garfield too.
>>
File: 1422341042216.jpg (32KB, 555x639px) Image search: [Google]
1422341042216.jpg
32KB, 555x639px
>>94114642
Stop
>>
>>94116104

I've never had that confirmed. And some of the Sony emails that float around are fake. I worked on trial prep for a DIFFERENT Sony movie, but because the screen writer for that movie also worked on Raimi's, we ended having to look through a bunch of raw emails we received directly from Sony's servers.

In the initial meetings with Marvel, Amy and the producers of TAMS and some other people discussed keeping Garfield.

Marvel then came back with a story idea and script proposal (not an actual script) that called for a high school and 'pushed' Sony into dumping Andrew and replacing him. Garfield, in Hollywood, had a good reputation for being professional, and doing what the studios want them to do (e.g. press tours, talk shows, cons, etc.)

However, Sony is owned by and corporately run by people raised in Japanese culture so the story about him being rude to the Sony (corporation) CEO from Japan by not meeting with him (because Garfield was sick) has the sense of being true because that's something that might be seen as discourteous and in that respects rude to the big whig.

OTOH, people have done worse shit in Japan and on the Sony lot in Culver City to any number of the execs from Sony Japan and kept their jobs. Sony didn't really think it was Andrew's fault that the TAMS1 and 2 didn't make as much money as they wanted but they supposedly ultimately decided to agree to Marvel's request to recast with a younger guy.
>>
>>94115314

that's why I phrased that with the 'same kind of measures' - and the fact of the matter is that Marvel Studios isn't happy with the gross (Marvel's cut of the profits are diminished by their payouts of the back end to RDJ, for one thing) and Sony is downright upset - it might make a bit more than TAMS but I personally don't think it will due to the poor performance of it's legs (essentially the same thing you noted about BvS).

You're right that a sequel could do better and that's exactly what Marvel is going to say to Sony.

>>94115729
>I merely stated the FACT Spider-Man was not a flop.
I used BvS because it was a perfect example of a movie being profitable and yet being viewed as a flop. I could point to AoU if you prefer but it's not as good an example and many of the same circumstances in BvS are present in SM-H (for example, that Batman/Superman and WW are the big three for DC/WB and that MCU Iron Man and Spider-Man are the big two for Marvel/Disney)
>>
>>94116370
Well fuck.
>>
Keep in mind, this film hasn't opened in China yet.
>>
>>94116100
Not that guy, but when a director has to step down for reasons like that, the film is usually finished by someone from his crew, following his notes. You don't bring in a high profile director like Whedon to do some pick-up shots and post-production. Besides, Whedon had already been working on the film long before they announced Snyder's stepping down. Of course, Snyder's daughter's death might have been what made him just quit the movie alltogether, but he was obviously losing power within the DCEU and was probably gonna be let go after JL. I mean, look at all the movies they announced for the next few years. None of them are Snyder projects and all this lineup didn't just come up after Snyder's daughter died.
>>
>>94116130

>posts facts and asks people to discuss about it
>Bait

Wow! Calm down moviefag! I'm sure that this will not make the movie not stop existing and you will be able to watch it again in the future!
>>
>>94116527
>essentially the same thing you noted about BvS
Yeah, but coming from a flop like ASM2, it's actually peforming better than BvS, and again, it's left people with a positive feeling, unlike BvS so that means more good faith for a sequel.
So even though they're similar in many ways, there are also differences that makes Spider-Man's underperformance a less important thing than BvS's, because there's still a lot of positive things that came from it.
>>
>>94116562

I heard it was pirated as hell there already
>>
>>94114881
one can only hope. worst thing to ever happen to comics and this board. love comics, hate capeshit flicks.
>>
>>94116770
Well, guess that shows why you don't open a blockbuster film in July now, doesn't it.

I almost wonder if Marvel Studios set Sony up for this fall with letting them take a July release.
>>
Isn't this really just because of fucking Dunkirk?
>>
>>94116794
When the movies die, so will the comics.
>>
File: CIAhead.png (693B, 16x11px) Image search: [Google]
CIAhead.png
693B, 16x11px
>>94116831
Nolan strikes again
>>
>>94116845
>>94116794
kek

Marvel, the comics division, it's already dead in my eyes. You can shit on the movies all you want but the matter of fact is that the comics are in a far worse state.
>>
Here's what I've noticed. Most critics and a lot of viewers are fond of Garfield as Peter. He made a strong impression in Civil War, and people did enjoy watching him in Homecoming. People also liked Vulture, although it's hard to tell if he'll return in future films.

Many people, whether they're longtime Spidey fans or MCU fans, seemed to be alienated by the high school setting. I myself have heard a few people state that they "don't wanna see that kiddy shit". Longtime Spidey fans also aren't necessarily fond of how much influence Stark has on Peter's career as a crimefighter. They also, generally, don't like how Uncle Ben got no mention at all.

As far as box office goes, while not the massive success people were hoping it would be, it'll probably outdo Amazing 2, which was around $700 million. That's not a failure, even if it's not spectacular by MCU standards.

Based on all this, I believe that Holland will stick around, but they might minimize the high school influence.
>>
>>94117092
And some people really, really disliked the MJ reveal.
>>
>>94116845
doubtful. i think comics will always be around in some incarnation be that physical or digital.

>>94116885
modern marvel comics are fucking garbage. the only titles i've bothered to read from marvel over the past couple of years are spidey 2099 and the scarlet spider titles. overall i've always been a bigger dc fan. i'm always afraid that marvel's movie success and messages will bleed into dc's printed comics.
>>
I hated the movie because it wasn't a Spider-Man movie. It was the worse adaptation we've gotten yet and that includes the live action 70s show.
>>
>>94117092
>Based on all this, I believe that Holland will stick around, but they might minimize the high school influence.
Personally i loved the highschool scenes BUT im already in College so i don't want to see Peter in school in the next two movies. Why can't they do it like Raimi?
>>
>>94117148
>i'm always afraid that marvel's movie success and messages will bleed into dc's printed comics.
Back when SS opened the team was shortly after to the movie line up.

Prepare your anus for dudebro Aquaman.
>>
>>94117145
I feel that's not as important as you think. Yes, longtime comic fans are pissed, but it's not necessarily a huge issue. She's just a bit character. If she stays that way, no harm no foul. More important than that is who they use as the main villain of the next film, and what kind of conflict it will be. I know Homecoming teased Scorpion, but no way that moron can carry a film. The Gargan from the movie didn't exactly seem mastermind material.
>>
>>94114642
if you combined the domestic and EU earnings for the studio it only totals up to around 141 million dollars. I don't know what the splits are for the other territories, though I do know Hollywood only gets 25% from China. this movie had a 175 million budget, and if you add the promo budget of 140 million, that's 315 million. even if we just assume all the other territories to have an even split like the US and EU, they'd still come up short at only around 286 million dollars from a worldwide gross of 572 million. it needs to make 700 million worldwide to start earning a profit. needs to make more if Sony and Marvel split the profits.
>>
>>94117145
This is another point that gets overlooked too and not in the 'REEEEEEEEE WHY ISN'T SHE A REDHEAD REEEEEE' way.

I know a lot of people who like the actress but they're pissed about the MJ reveal too since they feel like Marvel/Sony wants to get diversity points but they pussed out and didn't make her Mary Jane proper.

>>94117092
>Most critics and a lot of viewers are fond of Garfield as Peter

I'm assuming you meant Holland right?
>>
>>94117212
Well, for starters, despite being almost 20, Holland does not make a convincing adult. Second, I think they wanted Spider-Man to have a sharper contrast with the rest of the MCU.
>>
>>94117311
>it needs to make 700 million worldwide to start earning a profit.
assuming the splits are even which they are not(except EU and US) and not taking into account China(only 25% profit).
>>
>>94117312
Yes. God, we really have been through three Peters.
>>
>>94117185
>I hated the movie because it wasn't a Spider-Man movie.
lolwut
>>
>>94117269
right. the latest issue of tomasi's superman run confirmed this fear of mine. specifically the coexist car sticker page. i was reading preacher anon's countdown SOP this weekend and a lot of the shit that is written into that run would never happen now in DC. just sucks to see casual tastes and this era of runaway PC impacting comics.
>>
diversity strikes again!
>>
>>94114714
It hasn't even opened everywhere yet. China and Japan to come
>>
>>94117092
>>94117212
I dug the High School setting and the lower stakes, it made for a different feel in the MCU, most of the humor fell flat though. I really don't get why it gets so much hate around here.

Something that really ticked me was the suit though. Yeah, I get it was made by Tony Stark and it makes sense in-universe to have all kind of functions and gadgets included, but hotdamn I just want a Spider-Man that bounces around, punches people in the face and overcomes adversity by using his smarts not for the suit to do all the work. Having said, after the Vulture reveal the movie was incredible.
>>
>>94114642
>Scott Mendelson
Oh no, the DCFag who blogs on the Forbes server? Is it time for another pointless WW update as well?
>>
One important factor is what villains they plan to use. I think Marvel's gone on record and stated that they won't reuse villains from.past films, but I think this is a mistake. Fact of the matter is that the villains Sony HAS used so far are just too popular and iconic. There are people who are literally waiting with baited to see the MCU incarnations of Osborn, Otto, Venom, etc. And these also happen to be Peter's most personal enemies too.

Mind you, how Sony feels about it is a factor too. The fact that they plan to make a Venom movie without Spider-Man may imply that they're not willing to share.
>>
>>94117424
China will save this movie's ass despite the piracy shit. The Marvel brand is just too popular.
>>
Funny thing I noticed. The first shot of Spider-Man we ever see is him sticking Iron Man's trademark three-point landing while holding Captain America's shield. Think it was on purpose?
>>
>>94117395
Shit wasn't a Spider-Man story at all, nothing about it felt like a Spider-Man story. Sure the characters had the names of characters from the Spider-Man franchise, but /nothing/ was left preserved.
>>
>>94117493
>The fact that they plan to make a Venom movie without Spider-Man may imply that they're not willing to share.
They just want to ape in the renewed interest for the Spider-Man franchise by pitching a movie about the most casual-friendly character they have left, which in fact is Venom. In the mind of those people they are throwing Carnage in ,because everybody likes symbiote joker, for maximum profits and BOOM! you have your very own billion dollar shared universe.
Remember they still get a huge part/all the revenue from the solo movies, so them stopping Marvel from using popular villains would be akin to shooting themselves in the foot.
Now, for the villains themselves they still have Kraven and Mysterio which make for very interesting movies.
>>
>>94117464
>I just want a Spider-Man that bounces around, punches people in the face and overcomes adversity by using his smarts not for the suit to do all the work
You and me buddy, but sadly this new spidey isn't allowed to punch BECAUSE EVERY LITTLE KID LOVES SPIDERMAN AND DISNEY DOESN'T WANT HIM TO BE A BAD INFLUENCE ON THE KIDS. As for the new suit, well the thing is, MCU Spiderman is incredible weak compare to past versions and he needs all the help he can get
>>
>>94117558
You're just being a pathetically dramatic >not muh because Iron Man was mentioned a couple of times.
>>
>>94114642
I don't know...

But I loved the fuck out of that movie.
>>
>>94117610
>MCU Spiderman is incredible weak compare to past versions and he needs all the help he can get
Literally manhandled Winter Soldier in Civil War and incapacitated both him and Falcon, so weak my ass, more like Cap is fucking OP in this universe.
>>
>tfw Spider-Man is going to get Fantastic Four-ed
>>
>>94117594
But they're making a Black Cat/Silver Sable film too. What normie knows about Silver Sable?
>>
File: KINO.webm (545KB, 288x268px) Image search: [Google]
KINO.webm
545KB, 288x268px
>>94114642
>Will Marvel cancel Holland's contract
Are you crazy? did you see everyones reaction in the Comic-Con when Tom appeared in the IW Trailer? Fucking everyone loves him. At this point if Disney takes him out the MCU is over
>>
>>94117483
>DCFag
He gave BvS and SS rotten reviews, and Civil War a fresh one.
>>
>>94117618
I'm just gonna copy paste what I said last time about how this wasn't a Spider-Man story because I don't want to write it again, or put effort since I know you'll just dismiss my points by saying "Hurr duurr, not muh fag"

Spider-Man isn't some goofy kid who spergs out at everything he sees and acts like a moron constantly, throwing himself head over heels over a complete stranger. Teen Spider-Man is a kid who has no friends, and was prematurely thrusted into an adult world. He doesn't really trust or respect most of the other hero community unless they're outcasts like he is. He doesn't rely too heavily on tech because his intelligence shines through when he applies his knowledge of chemistry and physics to the enemies he's trying to defeat. He relentlessly makes fun of his enemies because of his pent up aggression towards his enemies. But most importantly, it's about a normal person who finds himself with amazing powers. Not someone who has amazing powers and has a billionaire supporting him, but someone who is dirt poor and doing the best with what he has. His entire motive is that he let his father figure die from his own actions and feels that if he doesn't become a hero something bad will happen again and we see him grow with actual character development and we see his personality radically shift with the more experience he gets, which is something unheard of in cape comics (Until some asshole decides he doesn't like it and makes Peter sign his marriage over to the fucking devil). I didn't feel like I was watching Spider-Man on the big screen. I felt like I was watching the flanderization of what some shitty Tumblr accounts impersonation. You know the ones, the kind that depicts him as the child of Tony Stark and Steve Rogers?

Plain and simple, this isn't a Spider-Man movie.
>>
>>94117666
Re-read again anon.
They are pitching the whole universe with Venom because he the most recognizable character and then obviously branding out with different characters.

And don't pretend Silver Sable is not being paired with the Black Cat which is pretty well known by casuals too.
>>
>>94117644
>manhandled Winter Soldier
nice meme spiderfag, Falcon threw him out a window with redwing and Giant Man knocked his bitch ass out just by touching him with his big hand while falling down.He's weak as shit.
>>94117660
>implying he hasn't been for years.
>>
>>94114642
Why would they?
This is Sony's problem, not Marvel's.
Marvel just wanted to have Spiderman.
>>
The reason Spider-Man flopped by MCU standards is because the brand has been ruined by years of Sony fucking with.
>>
Okay, MAYBE Venom without Spidey could work. They'd just need to get rid of his spider imagery and abilities. So I guess he'd just be a slime tentacle thing?
>>
>>94117745
It kind of is Marvel's problem.

Imagine making a Batman movie but having no access to Joker. Could work, but people WANT Joker. Literally the easiest way to makemoney.
>>
>>94117755
And the release date. Whoever thought it was a good idea to release a fucking Spider-Man movie the week before Apes and two weeks before Dunkirk and Valerian oughta lose their job.

They read on some balance sheet that Spider-Man had higher brand awareness than Apes but never accounted for the fact that Spider-Man reboots are a fucking joke.
>>
>>94117719
> Falcon threw him out a window with redwing
>threw
What about you rewatch the scene faggot? He wasn't thrown he was carried away after being taken by surprise.
>Giant Man
Which took War Machine, Spider-Man and Iron Man together to bring down. You're talking of a character that was throwing trailers without much effort, so yeah anyone would've felt that also he was once again distracted when it happened.

>took a who knows how many pounds trailer over his head and a whole building
He is no Tobey Spider-Man but by no means he's weak in the MCU.
>>
Movie might have done a little better if he didn't sound like a girl.
>>
>>94114642

China will save it. International markets is what matters. They made that Mummy movie for overseas.

It is one of the reasons new Ghostbusters did not do well - couldn't open in China. What kind of dumbass business person would approve that budget without China to back it up,
>>
>>94117804
Except in Spiderman people want Spiderman.
>>
>>94117860
>745m
Hi there sweetie!
>>
>>94117755
>>94117874
Um I'm sorry but weren't you people saying that Homecoming is the movie that has the REAL Spider-Man?

When it got glowing reviews then it's Marvel Studios work, but now that it's not doing too hot it's Sony's fault? Come the fuck on.
>>
>>94114642
Only way they'll fire him is if he disrespects the honor of the almighty Japanese executives like Garfield did.
>>
>>94117874
They want Spider-Man to fight iconic villains. He can't just fight C-listers or other heroes' rogues forever.
>>
>>94117932
>Um
Please, avoid talking like a tumblrina.
>>
>>94117834
Fine, Falcon used red wing to send that loser flying out the window.
>Which took War Machine, Spider-Man and Iron Man together to bring down.
I'm not dissing Giant Man, he's strong, but the point is he kicked Spider-Man's ass without trying.
>by no means weak in the Mcu
anon, Cap floored him with one kick. He's a glass web shooter.
>>
>>94117934
He might be contracted with Sony but Holland is the mouse boy and you can be your ass their mafia reaches all the way to anime land.
>>
>>94117934
>Garfield's next movies are about evil Japs
>>
>>94117932
He has never been a proper Spiderman, only people who stuck with 60's comics think so.
Spiderman wasn't worth bringing to the MCU at all.
Let's hope at least they have the decency of killing him in IW so they bring Miles Morales, flops harder, and Spiderman fucks off.

>>94117961
Spiderman has no iconic villains beyond Green Gobling and Venom.
>>
Movie sucked according to all Spider-Man comic fans I've interacted with.
>>
>>94117976
>but the point is he kicked Spider-Man's ass without trying.
Again nigger. He hit Spider-Man while he was distracted, in fact, when fighting against him he couldn't even touch him.
>Cap floored him with one kick
Except he didn't? He thew a fucking trailer on his head to incapacitate him.

This Spider-Man is not weak just inexperienced as fuck.
>>
File: 1494340505198.png (942KB, 908x646px) Image search: [Google]
1494340505198.png
942KB, 908x646px
>going through so much effort to bring a superhero that's now completely irrelevant
Even fucking Antman is more iconic than Spiderman now.
Spiderman only works to sell school bags.
>>
>>94115092
IN EVERY MOVIE EVEN BLACK PANTHER
>>
>>94117860
>China will save it.
reminder Hollywood only gets 25% of the box office revenue from China. GOTG2 made 100 million over there, but Disney only got 25 million in revenue.
>>
>>94116875
that's a little guy
>>
>>94118002
>Spiderman has no iconic villains beyond Green Gobling and Venom.
I'd consider Doctor Octopus pretty iconic.
>>
File: hypno-hustler-2.jpg (93KB, 600x492px) Image search: [Google]
hypno-hustler-2.jpg
93KB, 600x492px
>>94118002
Spider-Man has this charming motherfucker to fight. If they don't get their asses on getting him on the big screen they deserve to flop.
>>
>>94117687
I was also amazed by hearing the huge cheering he got.

Same for Black Panther.
>>
>>94118128
Yeah but they're probably not going to use him again since they said they're trying to avoid repeating stuff from the earlier movies. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a fresh tack on Doc Ock but I can see why they wouldn't want to do it.

Also this probably means we won't get Jameson, which is well enough because nobody's going to top Simmons.
>>
>>94118179
>I actually wouldn't mind seeing a fresh tack on Doc Ock
Out of all of the already used villains he's the one I'd be okay seeing again. If they do yet another Goblin in this continuity I'm out.
>>
>>94117092
Maybe they'll bump the sequel a year later than planned, and have it take place after Peter has graduated. I'd be more than okay with that.
>>
>>94117687
>Fucking everyone loves him
not everyone. a lot of people, sure, but not everyone.
>>
>>94117860
And no one has mentioned the Mummy universe since then.
>>
>>94118203
What about they go Superior?
>>
>>94118179
>>94118203
They might have to because they're running out of good villains that aren't just super-powered bank robbers.
>>
>>94118141
>I was also amazed by hearing the huge cheering he got.

Casuals don't care about Uncle Ben and Holland was more likable than Garfield

>Same for Black Panther.

Casuals expected him to be an angry black man or Will Smith, instead they got a dignified warrior
>>
>>94118262
True, but they keep making Transformers movies and Warcraft got a sequel thanks to that.
>>
>>94118074
>distracted
he swung into a big hand, which is basically like him swinging into a building, and it gave him such a nasty boo boo he had to go home. He's weak.
>He thew a fucking trailer on his head to incapacitate him
He knocked it onto him. Cap threw his shield. And Spider-Man was under the trailer because Cap kicked him and knocked him flat on his ass under the damn thing.

But go on and keep making excuses.
>>
>>94118292
>they're running out of good villains that aren't just super-powered bank robbers.
Are you aware the huge majority of Spider-Man villains are super powered bank robbers, you dumb casual?
>>
>>94118324
Pretty sure that's what he just said
>>
File: umaru smug.png (147KB, 540x367px) Image search: [Google]
umaru smug.png
147KB, 540x367px
>>94118324
Maybe that's WHY spiderman has few iconic villains?
>>
>>94118324
>most of these guys are just super powered bank robbers
>FUCK YOU MOST OF THEM ARE SUPER POWERED BANK ROBBERS
Where are you going with this?
>>
>>94118305
>Warcraft sequel

unless they greenlit the movie without Duncan Jones it doesn't look likely. Which is a shame since there aren't too any good orc movies.

>There’s no reason for me to believe there’s any likelihood of it happening other than sheer pig headiness

http://www.avclub.com/article/duncan-jones-has-some-thoughts-hypothetical-warcra-257161
>>
>>94118324
And that's why Spiderman is not worth making movies about.
Raimi's trilogy covered the only worthwhile villains he's ever had.
Aside from maybe Carnage, but that's just an OC donut steel version of Venom.
>>
Why are people pretending that Spider-man, who is Marvel's biggest character, making less than Doctor Strange is not worrying? Before release people were saying this would be the year's #1 movie at absolute worst. It was supposed to do Avengers money, not worse than average.

This is BAD for Marvel. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.
>>
>>94118415
Kraven's pretty interesting too, but they're never going to use him because his gimmick isn't flashy enough.
>>
>>94118439
It's worrying for Spidercucks, i'm glad he's leaving through the same door he came in.
He's just not an interesting hero anymore.
>>
>>94118315
>But go on and keep making excuses.
>m-maybe if i say something mean he'll leave me alone
Pathetic.

>>94118315
>he swung into it
Regardless of your lies the matter of fact is that he was distracted when he was hit.
>which is basically like him swinging into a building
A building doesn't have the kinetic force of a giant hand hitting you mid air. So, not only you lack attention, but also are retarded as hell.
>And Spider-Man was under the trailer because Cap kicked him and knocked him flat on his ass under the damn thing.
So you agree with my point? He had to be incapacitated by forcing a trailer on top of his head, and Cap has super human strength in this universe, he then goes onto kick the shit out of Stark with his bare hands and shield until he appoints the A.I. to cheat for him.

You're full of shit.
>>
>>94118439
>Before release people were saying this would be the year's #1 movie at absolute worst.
I saw more people predicting it would bomb.
>>
>>94118439
>Dr. Strange opening weekend 85m
>Spider-Man opening weekend $117m

>comparing a full-run movie with a one that premiered two weeks ago
Man, people in this thread are fucking retarded.
>>
>>94118415
This guy is right. Spider-Man should never have gone to live action. What makes the character good, (supporting cast, Peter Parker, relationship drama) gets snuffed out because the movies aren't long enough. Spider-Man should only ever be adapted in long running animated series. Preferably good ones like TAS.
>>94118462
This I mean at what point do they need to realize that their favorite has become the designated bland kiddie series. Just move on guys.
>>
>>94117145

Yeah, but how many people are we talking about here. A few thousand angry not muhs can seem like a big deal on 4chan, but they don't affect the box office in any meaningful way (and a lot of them probably went and saw it anyway). The mass audience didn't even know about it, it was supposed to be a surprise like the cop in dark knight rises being named Robin.
>>
Homecoming was an enjoyable movie, but Tom Holland wasn't playing Peter Parker, he was playing White Miles.
>>
>>94117964
>Getting triggered by 'Um'
Shut up.
>>
>>94118609
And yet Bendis didn't see a single cent from it.

Weird how karma works.
>>
>>94118609
It's a good thing Miles is Black Peter then.
>>
>>94117961
The Vulture is an iconic Spider-Man villain. He's one of the first villains he ever had after the Human Torch.
>>
>>94117493

At this point, the names "Marvel Studios" and "Spiderman" sell the film, and they can reinvent a less-known villain like they did with the Vulture.

They have Kraven, Mysterio, Black Cat, Silver Sable....hell, Spectacular Spiderman made fucking Tombstone the big bad, and that show rocked.
>>
>>94118687
>being this delusional
Up to the premier of Homecoming the majority of the people who knew about the Vulture thought his main motivation was to kidnap young people and feed on their youth to rejuvenate himself.
>>
>>94118663
Miles is no one.
His entire personality revolves around him wearing the Spiderman costume and "Hey dudes, i'm black!".
>>
>>94118471
He was swinging and he went straight into the path of Antman's hand as he was falling.
Tony specifically says Cap would and could have EASILY laid him out, he just didn't have time to waste on a punk.
anon, I don't know what to tell you. You're so blind to the fact that Spider-Man is weak as hell in the MCU.
>>
>>94118727
I've never heard of that in my entire fucking life.
I think you're the delusional one.
>>
File: washedup.jpg (63KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
washedup.jpg
63KB, 600x597px
>the state of spiderman in 2017 and beyond
>>
>>94118803
You need to be at least 18 years old to post in this board.
>>
>$571 million worldwide
>flop
>>
>>94118803
The MCU has good movies. Why defend a crappy one?
>>
>>94115130
You raise a good point, this movie really is similar to BvS and it's underperforming harder. BvS had no good faith behind it
>>
>>94118729
>He was swinging and he went straight into the path of Antman's hand as he was falling
Right.
He didn't willingly swam into that, but rather hit when he was distracted, that's literally what I said. And it definitely isn't like crashing onto a building like it was implied.

And as I stated before Cap is has superhuman strength in this. So, claiming Spider-Man is weak because he lost to a guy who beat the shit out of Iron Man with ease is just silly.
>>
>>94114642
Still better than suicide flop so we will probably get a few more movies
>>
>>94118830
I referenced issue two of the amazing spider-man, faggot.
>>
>>94118809
>2017
>Marvel character smoking
Good one mate.
>>
>>94118913
>This piece of shit is better than that piece of shit.
Whatever you say, Holland.
>>
>>94118924
I can reference the dinosaurs but hat doesn't make me 30m+ years old, underage faggot.
>>
>>94114642
People can only take so many Spider-Man reboots.
>>
File: 1500236507172.jpg (128KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500236507172.jpg
128KB, 1080x1080px
>>94114642
I know Homecoming had some issues but it is the first Spider-Man movie I've enjoyed since Spider-Man 3 and I actually liked Tom a lot, much more than Garfield that's for sure. In fact, I like him so much as Spider-Man I wouldn't mind one bit if he ends up being gay.
>>
>>94117860
Mummy flopped HARD and by the time this gets released in China there will be KORSUB rips of the movie so expect it to not do great
>>
>>94118994
you just like it because you wanna tap his boipussy, fag.
>>
>>94118911
>a guy who beat the shit out of Iron Man with ease
He needed Bucky's help and it wasn't easy.
>>
>>94118972
Your autism is showing.
>>
>>94119035
>He needed Bucky's help and it wasn't easy.
After he ripped Bucky's arm with the repulsor, Cap smacked the fuck out of Tony until he told Friday to do the fighting for him.
>>
>>94116527

Marvel Studios doesn't get a cut of the gross from the film at all, Sony gets everything. Marvel, and thus Disney makes their money from the merchandise sales.
>>
>>94119069
So is your lack of good comebacks to defend yourself, dumb kid.
>>
>>94118728
then how the fuck is Holland the "White Miles" if he has nothing to do with him being black?
>>
>>94119098
Im' not that guy you were talking to.
>>
>>94119098
He never claimed he was "White Miles", you autistic fuck.
>>
>>94119074
Come on, you and me know Tony could have killed cap at any time
>>
File: 1491965461887.png (111KB, 1037x586px) Image search: [Google]
1491965461887.png
111KB, 1037x586px
>>94118913
>suicide flop
Some people never learn
>>
>>94119192
I can say the same about Cap.
In fact, Tony was shitting his pants when he thought Steve was gonna go full cartel on his ass.
>>
>>94119235
>I can say the same about Cap
LMAO
>>
>>94119193
Literally did more money than Dr. Strange without China, and won an oscar while it was at it.
>>
>>94118104
It's 50% for america right? why the difference?
>>
File: Cap laugh.jpg (51KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
Cap laugh.jpg
51KB, 500x503px
>>94119265
>"i-i don't know what else to say i-ill just pretend i'm laughing"
Iron Manlets SEETHING hard.
>>
>>94118913
Quality wise, sure, but it's not like it's a big challenge.

Box office? It's gonna struggle to get there in domestic (probably won't, at this rate) and will probably pass it overseas, since it's gonna have a China release which Suicide Squad didn't.
>>
>>94119290
China like to keep China's money.
>>
>>94117833
Valerian is a non-factor, but you're right about Apes and Dunkirk. Though to be fair, Dunkirk is seriously overperforming. It's the second highest opening for a WW2 movie ever.
>>
>>94119680
Well, we know that about Valerian NOW but my point remains.
>>
>>94115023
not like the comics are doing much better
>>
>>94115023
No, is not you idiot. You'll still be fedding diversity replacements written by Bendis and company despite how the movies do.
>>
>>94117499
>Marvel movie where all characters are replaced by blacks
because that sure worked out for Star Wars in China
>>
>>94119765
>sidekick is asian looking
>all minorities are background characters at best
>papa tony
>both main hero and villain are white
>Marvel plastered all over the title
It'll do good.
>>
>>94117833
Apes was weak competition for fucking Spider-Man featuring Iron Man. Wonder Woman seemed like suicide, coming out a week after PotC, and with Cars 3, Transformers 5 and Spider-Man itself coming out in the weeks after. It looked like it was gonna have to do all the money in that first week without serious competition but it turned out that none of those affected it at all, while Spider-Man fell against a much smaller franchise that aims at a different domographic like Apes.
Nobody saw this coming.
>>
>>94119814

Wonder Woman is the Rocky Balboa of superhero movies.
>>
File: 1500535142191.jpg (443KB, 1076x717px) Image search: [Google]
1500535142191.jpg
443KB, 1076x717px
>>94119298
There were countless of times where Tony could have killed Steve in that fight. I recommend you to rewatch it, but if you still believe Cap could have killed Tony at any time then that's your problem.
>>
>>94115058
>seems a bit hopeful for disney really.

Well, Disney are the only ones who have made superhero movies grossing over a billion $ since TDK, so if it's too hopeful for them, how hopeless is it for DC who couldn't even do it with a team up movie featuring the 2 biggest superheroes on the planet?
>>
>>94119920
Homecoming you mean? That wasn't DC
>>
>>94119894
Cry me a river manlet. He went down like a bitch with ease.
>>
>>94116822
Or just don't open a blockbuster at different times internationally.
It was something over a month between Moana's release internationally and in Australia. By then anyone who had wanted to see it had already pirated it. Disney themselves had already put up all the songs on youtube for anyone to watch

The fuck is the point of seeing it then?
>>
>>94119949
It's quite interesting to see just how much superhero fatique has set in that Spiderman and Ironman couldn't pull a billion, but that doesn't change the fact that Marvel has made a bunch of 1 billion $+ superhero movies before, to DCs 0 since the aforementioned TKD almost a decade ago.
>>
>>94119868
It's better yet, because it's triggering everyone on, be it /pol/ crossposters, Snyder fans or Marvel drones.
She's the best.
>>
>>94119977
Literally no one cares about Aussies meanwhile China actually makes a good percentage of the BO.
>>
>>94119949
I dunno, are Iron Man and Spiderman more popular these days than Batman and Superman? Damn, DC must have really run their brand into the ground if that's the case.
>>
>>94119982
>the aforementioned TKD almost a decade ago
TDKR did over a billion too.
And it's funny to see people using superhero fatigue as an excuse for Spider-Man underperformance when the no.1 movie of the summer was Wonder Woman.
>>
>>94119982
And even if it's "underperforming" it is making its three times its budget back, it's fucking ridiculous how these thing sell.
>>
>>94119992
*triggering everyone on /tv/
>>
>>94120004
>DC must have really run their brand into the ground if that's the case
Nah Wonder Woman just surpassed GotG2 in the US, it's a shame she had all that competition that's still relevant overseas like Transformers or Pirates, or it would be close to a billion right now. They'll be fine
>>
>>94120003
Was just using it as an example. Australia's massive on piracy so they make great examples to use. When you delay releases in different places, people will seek outside means.
>>
>>94120004
Spider-Man was always up there with Superman and Batman, and Iron Man has recently been in 3 consecutive billion dollar movies. He might be a B lister in the comics, but he certainly isn't in the movies.
>>
>>94119868
Anon, Rocky still lost. He won everyone's hearts but he lost the match
>>
>>94120035
>1b
Now your just being delusional.
>>
>>94120016
BvS made it's budget over 3 times back too, yet it's undeniable it underperformed.
>>
>>94120012
Superhero fatique has set in last year already with BvS and Civil War. Wonder Woman is doing way better than anyone expected, but if you assume that's an indicator for other DC movies to come then I must remind you that WW has already beaten the domestic box office of BvS by over 50 million. Maybe her success will carry JL finally over the top and make it DCs first 1 billion movie since Nolan's Batman movies, but don't expect much more than that. There will never be another Avengers tier superhero box office success.
>>
>>94120058
It's probably gonna end up around 800 mil worldwide. I can see it getting around 900 if it didn't have to go against Transformers and Pirates. I mean, it already got close at it is.
>>
>>94120069
That's what I am sayin'.

These shits make so much money that making 800m, in the case of BvS, is considered underperforming. Hell, I remember Age of Ultron and Civil War being called failures at the box office because they didn't surpass Avengers.
>>
>>94120069
Yes and your point is? No one is saying Homecoming isn't underperforming.
>>
>>94120095
>800m
Is a stretch but maaaybe.
>900m
No way. Not even Guardians did that good and it had more hype and critical praise than WW.
>>
It's a Sony movie not a Marvel movie so our record is still untainted. We're still on top of this.
>>
>>94120082
Superhero fatigue is nothing but a buzzword for now. As it stands now, 4 of the US top 5 of highest grossing movies of the year are superhero films, and Justice League and Thor will get up there too which will make 6 out of the top 10 movies of the year. Probably from 3 to 8, since the two top movies are gonna be Beauty and the Beast and Star Wars.
>>
>>94120058
I was baiting but I think $900M was a lock. We all expected it to be buried by those franchises and it looks like she wasn't but it still made a dent on ther overseas gross. $400M is still amazing, probably one of the highest for origin stories, but still looks bad compared to the amazing domestic gross
>>
>>94120118
I misinterpreted your post then.
>>
Why does every thread about Spiderman use an image of this same article?
>>
>>94120193
Baiting translates to replies.
>>
>>94120119
>Is a stretch but maaaybe.
It's only 20.5 mil away from 800 and it's still yet to open in Japan. It's gonna get there.

>Guardians (...) had more hype
Maybe

>critical praise
Nope.

Again, not saying it was sure to happen but I could see it getting close to 900 if it didn't have that competition.
>>
>>94120119
>Is a stretch but maaaybe.
What do you mean maybe, it's 99% sure. It's tracking to do $400M just in the US and it's having a perfect split domestic/overseas. And still has Japan, where female lead movies usually do pretty well
>>
File: file.png (22KB, 663x386px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
22KB, 663x386px
>>94114642
Why is half a million a loss? A lot of the previous movies made a lot less and that didn't stop the train.
>>
>>94120119
It has already made more money than Guardians when considering the difference in budget.
>>
File: 1443796458776.jpg (45KB, 728x635px) Image search: [Google]
1443796458776.jpg
45KB, 728x635px
>Marvel finally makes a movie that isn't bland
>doesn't get money
>>
>>94120353
It isn't.

People hyped the Spider-Man return as making Avengers numbers which was retarded in the first place.
>>
I went today to watch the movie for the second time with a friend and the room was full
>>
>>94120353
Nobody's saying it's losing money (at least nobody with half a brain), just that it's underperforming for a Spider-Man film that's his first solo MCU movie and features Iron Man.
>>
>>94120382
Good, it means Spiderman won't be the focus.
>>
File: 1313029228126.jpg (38KB, 273x329px) Image search: [Google]
1313029228126.jpg
38KB, 273x329px
>>94114642

A second day drop in the film industry means it got absolutely horrible word of mouth. Meaning it sucked so bad people told people NOT to see it. So that's how bad this piece of shit movie and piece of shit actor FAILED.
>>
>>94120353

Those numbers are only domestic m8

Spiderman has made nearly 600 mill so far world wide.

Civil war made 1.1 billion.

The only one of those that performed below what Spiderman is current at is The First Avenger, and that was at the beginning of the superhero craze, before the release of Avengers

A movie also doesn't have to lose money to be considered a disappointment, it just has to earn less than it was projected to.
>>
>>94120448
>piece of shit actor
Well, it's capeshit, no good actor lowers himself to appearing in superhero movies because they are, and have always been, the bottom of the barrel of cinema.
>>
>>94118415
>Aside from maybe Carnage, but that's just an OC donut steel version of Venom.
Casual pls go
>>
>>94120601
But he's right.

Carnage is literally Venom but edgier.
>>
>>94120671
>Carnage is literally Venom but edgier.
1. That makes him different than venom
2. Read more comics.
>>
>>94120747
Learn to read.
I never said he was the same as Venom, but an edgier Venom which is true.
>a carnagefag of all people telling someone else to read comics
kek
>>
>>94114881
Christ I hope so
>>
>>94120747
>1. That makes him different than venom
Yes a shitty version of an already shitty character.
>>
>>94120773
>but an edgier Venom which is true.
Except it's not, the only relation they have is the powerset. but i can see how you would think that if you only saw spider-man unlimited.
>Zod is just an edgier version of super man
See how dumb you sound?
>>
>>94120826
Alright? i'm not sure why you felt the need to give that opinion.
>>
File: shamalamadingdong.png (94KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
shamalamadingdong.png
94KB, 259x194px
That twist with the family got me good.
Friend said he saw it coming but no you didn't Mark, stop lying.
>>
File: 1497371189027.jpg (50KB, 317x494px) Image search: [Google]
1497371189027.jpg
50KB, 317x494px
>>94114642
Normies own the superheroes now and they don't think a nerdy kid protecting his neighbourhood is cool. This isn't 2002. Guardians of the Galaxy and Tony Stark is where it's at now.
>>
File: Reaction-pictures-laughing.jpg (103KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction-pictures-laughing.jpg
103KB, 500x440px
>>94114642
>Sony makes deal with Marvel after being promised they'll revive your golden goose
>It's doing WORSE
>Marvel gets to use Sony's shit freely now whenever they want and reap the benefits

Sony got kiked
>>
>>94114881
Not even close.
>>
>>94115130
>make far less from foreign distribution

You literally don't know what you're talking about you idiot. The foreign market is actually where most film studios make their money, China especially. The NA box office profits haven't been relevant in years
>>
>>94121924

>You literally don't know what you're talking about you idiot.

You are the one talking out of your ass, from the domestic box office the studio gets ~60% of the GROSS, from foreign markets they get ~25-30%.

>The foreign market is actually where most film studios make their money, China especially.

China has a law that only gives 25% of the box office gross back to foreign studios, so a movie needs to do REALLY well there in order to make money.

>The NA box office profits haven't been relevant in years

For 99% of the films the domestic box office is by far the most important, you are full of shit.
>>
>>94115058
What the hell. If they expect a billion, they wouldn't make them so cheaply.

Homecoming cost less than Spider-Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Amazing Spider-Man 2. And it already made more than TASM2 and is on its way to make more than the first. (It won't make more than the Raimi movies, but they were made in a time when comics movies were a special thing.)

GotG wasn't excessively expensive either.

Comic books aren't dying, they are dominating the marketplace right now. Look at top 2017 chart - except for Beauty and the Beast, it's all capeshit.

Plus it makes the comics and the other franchise sell more either. Marvel is so successful other movie studios try to ape it, with the "Dark Universe" etc
>>
>>94122016
>Comic books aren't dying
*comic book movies
>>
>>94122016
>Comic books aren't dying, they are dominating the marketplace right now.
That's what's killing them. a balloon pops when you overinflate it, the more comic movies they make the more people are going to get tired of them. no trend can last forever, and once you oversaturate the market you've already killed them.
>>
>>94114799
>>94114837
>>94115092
>>94118095
>Whole thread didn't turn to comments like these
>>
>>94122058
But that's not the case yet. People are still going to them more than anything else.

They get tired of other sequels - they didn't go see Ninja Turtles 2 or Transformers 13 or War of the Future of the Planet of the Apes, but they still go see every superhero movie.

Logan was 15th movie with Wolverine as a main character and people still go see it.

Well people ignored Apocalypse, that's true.
>>
>>94122058

Comic book movies only will die if people get tired to special effect heavy action movies, and I doubt that will happen. Comics just happen to be a great source material for that kind of thing.
>>
>>94122058
Okay but it's not dying right now, like you said and have been saying since IM3
>>
>>94117092
I don't know about you people, but I always had a lot of trouble believing story elements affected the box office in any significant capacity. People went to see Transformers in droves, they got bored of them this year, and that is probably what happened with Spider-Man as well. I don't think the high school setting or MJ being black or what have you had anything to do with the film's earnings, just fatigue.
>>
>>94122142
I think it was shitty marketing, personally.

All the trailers and posters for Spider-Man were done by Sony, and they were bad.
>>
>>94122125
People might not get tired of seeing all comic movies but they'll definitely get tired of these characters. and marvel has used just about every movie worthy character. It's not entirely the audience that will kill. justice league is functionally a wonder woman sequel, and it comes out less than 6 months after wonder woman. and only 3 weeks before star wars. their making them too damn fast, and that's not even accounting for other block busters. Transformers and ninja turtles are early victims of what's going to happen to hollywood as a whole.
>>
>>94118439
Remember people damage controlling the drops for BvS? This is the same thing where people pretend it's a record breaking success.
>>
>capeshit sucks
How to idenfity the /tv/ containment thread in /co/ with only two words
>>
>>94114642
Hey idiot Spiderman is in it's THIRD week and doing business on par with Spiderman 3

if you want to see an actual bomb look at Apes and probably Dunkirk
>>
>>94114642
>huge flop

Still a better movie than anything DC has done.
>>
>>94122406
Dunkirk was cheap, so it can make much less than capeshit
>>
File: Low-Bar.jpg (11KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
Low-Bar.jpg
11KB, 300x263px
>>94122411
>>
>>94114881

The third iteration of Spider-Man after the bizarre shenanigans of ASM1 & 2 was always going to have some fatigue.
All things considered, I guarantee you Homecoming is more successful than whatever ASM3 was supposed to be.
>>
>>94121924
>You literally don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>94114881
I wish.
>>
>>94122435
ASM 3 would have been a worse Spider-Man 3
>>
>>94114881
That's never been true. This stuff existed for longer than you've been alive.
>>
>>94116370

Fucking Marvel. This makes me pissed and I didn't even like the Garfield films but would have chosen them over spider boy in a heartbeat. . Fuck this holland twink
>>
>>94117695
I can see hating BvS but liking Civil War?? He should get his critic license revoked
>>
>>94123055
Capeshit movies that weren't batman or superman did terrible before the 2000's.
>>
>>94118272
The Superior series is actually good. Specially the part where he solo'd the avengers with the symbiote.
>>
File: 1413957376832.png (535KB, 874x350px) Image search: [Google]
1413957376832.png
535KB, 874x350px
I never minded Holland as Spider-Man. And the Amazing Spider-Man movies certainly had a lot of problems.

That said. I always did like Garflield's Spider-Man. Both as far as looks were concerned as well as the acting, for both Parker and Spider-Man.
>>
>>94120465

That's where you're wrong. Tugboat was an indie and art house film actor who was given lead roles due to his ability to carry his own films. Sam Raimi stalked him for the part of Peter after watching him in the cider house rules. Andrew Garfield was a decent actor before being cast as spidey so you can fuck off. The only one I question is the holland faggot who was cast purely because of his age
>>
>Half a billion in 2 weeks
>Flop

It's not doing as well as people would expect since it's Spider-Man and MCU, but it's been well-received by both audiences and critics and still making good profit on a lower budget than any of the AMS.

Main reason it isn't going to make a billion I imagine, is fatigue. We've had already had 5 Spider-Man movies, the latter 3 leading up to HC getting lackluster to very negative audience responses. Normies are also confused as to whether or not its another origin story, but they know it's not a 'big' super important MCU movie, so it doesn't have to be watched in the cinema. Lots of good big blockbusters this summer.

People who said BVS was a flop were also retards. 800-900 mil is not a flop, but it is disappointing when you consider it was the first time for Batman and Superman to be shown on the big screen together coupled with the bad reviews and responses it got, especially since WB was shooting for Avenger billions and critical success.
>>
>>94123279
Holland is an actual gymnast. he can do those crazy back-flips and jumps himself. I thought he did a good job, believed him lot more than Garfield, and he wasn't a full on autist like Toby,
>>
File: photo.jpg (2KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
2KB, 48x48px
>>94118116
for you
>>
>>94123365

Being an actual gymnast doesn't make you a better actor. Wow you actually proved my point there, faggot.
>>
>>94123446
In the same fucking comment I also say I think he did a good job and was more believable as an actor than Garfield you sperg.
>>
>>94123446
No, but on top of his acting it makes him a better Spider-man than either one before him.
>>
>>94119279
Dr. Strange is a literal who, SS had the most well known and popular comic book villain of all time plastered all over its marketing.

Dr strange wasn't particularly good, but thinking SS making more at the box office has anything to do with quality is retarded. It was a shit movie not even DCfanboys can defend. Good makeup doesn't change that.
>>
So, how's Sony planning on doing the Venom and Black Cat/Silver Sable films if their main course isn't doing so hot?
>>
>>94123624
Lower budgets.
>>
>>94122406
>second best WWII film opening ever
>surpassed all box office predictions
>flop
This is what desperate Marveldrones actually believe.
>>
>>94116370
Didn't he not attend a party because he was embarrassed by his beard that he had to grow for a second movie and ditched at the last minute, leaving Sony exects scrambling and directly embarrassing a higher up?
>>
>>94123707
>And some of the Sony emails that float around are fake.

And honestly I think that anon is telling the truth about this because say what you want about the TASM franchise but Andrew was putting in the work promoting the films but he's going to dip out of a party because of a beard? Nah that doesn't make sense.

The only time I think he left an event, that I can remember any way, was the Oscars one year because a relative of Emma's was sick and he wanted to be there for her.
>>
>>94119809
You are pitifully naive if you think an asian looking sidekick is what will make chinese people watch the movie. More than anything it has to be a good movie with good reviews and word of mouth.
>>
>>94123695
Wait until it's massive second week drop
>>
>>94123581
>Good makeup doesn't change that.
The makeup wasn't even good. killer croc couldn't move his fucking mouth.
>>
>>94114642
Isn't a flop, is just mehh, and with one of the main characters from Marvel is sad, they should do +850, but hey! at least isn't in fantastic four or X-Men: Apocalypse lvs
>>
>>94117860
>China will save it.
The state of Holliwood, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
Is this /tv/ brand war cancer?
>>
Glad I saw War for Planet of The Apes instead of this.
>>
File: Tom Holland 'fuck me'.gif (2MB, 268x370px) Image search: [Google]
Tom Holland 'fuck me'.gif
2MB, 268x370px
>>94118994
>>94119026
Yeah but who doesn't?
>>
>>94114642
IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HIS TURN!!
>>
>>94125905
Well, yeah. China has been the biggest player for blockbusters.
>>
>>94125906
Duh yes.
>>
>>94114642
Maybe next time they shouldn't make Mary Jane Watson Black or a skinny Guatemalan as Flash Thompson hmmmm?
>>
>>94124649
Killer croclet moved like a cheap action figure until the cg kicked in, which actually was good enough to fool me since i didnt know for a while that they cg the witche's body since they coulddnt come to a consensus about her costume design until the last minute.
>>
>>94123328
>>Half a billion in 2 weeks
>>Flop

BvS did that in a week, and people call that a flop.
Thread posts: 278
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.