[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm just curious here... but who is excited for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10

File: Steppenwolf_Prime_Earth_001.jpg (209KB, 768x992px) Image search: [Google]
Steppenwolf_Prime_Earth_001.jpg
209KB, 768x992px
So I'm just curious here... but who is excited for Steppenwolf, really?
>>
>>94107910
Ciaran Hibds has me excited.
>>
>>94107910
Nobody. We all just want Darkseid already. This is like a shitty appetizer.
>>
>>94107910
Is he going to force Superman to commit suicide? Is he going to rape Wonder Woman, impregnate her and ultimately kill her once their child is born? Is he going to out preptime Batman and killed Batman as Batman's daughter, goddaughter and alternate reality self watch as it happens? If not, DCU Steppenwolf is going to be a disappointment.
>>
>>94107910
I personally can't wait. Steppenwolf is the best villain in the DCU. In fact I'd rather not see Darkseid for awhile. We always see in in a JL origin story and it needs to stop.
>>
>>94108075
Pretty much. I wouldnt mind Steppenwolf getting more spotlight but making him the main villain of Justice League just seems silly to me. I mean what are they going to do when Darkseid finally shows up, another Parademon invasion?
>>
>>94108075

I thought people didn't want the DCEU to rush the best stories like with Superman's death and return. DBZ didn't get to Frieza right away and Apokolips has a lot to use.
>>
>>94107910
you'll never be granny's favorite
>>
File: granny2.png (486KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
granny2.png
486KB, 600x450px
>>94108587

Only if I can go back in time to when she was hot.
>>
>>94107910
Snyder Jr.
>>
File: qhrMC.jpg (702KB, 1280x1970px) Image search: [Google]
qhrMC.jpg
702KB, 1280x1970px
>>
File: 1495425820420.jpg (403KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495425820420.jpg
403KB, 800x1200px
>>94107910

He'll do. DC villains that aren't Lex, Reverse Flash, and Braniac tend to be just excuses for character interactions, Bat preptime, Flash speed, Wondy heart, and Superman getting a chance to show off.

He'll be a perfectly adequate powerhouse who can physically threaten the League, with his army of mooks, for Superman to punch really hard when he surprise appears to save the day.
>>
I'd rather he job to the League than Darkseid in the League's debut. If anything this gives the possibility of Final Crisis Darkseid since Steppenwolf is already showing up as the powerhouse boss.
>Man of Steel 3 is Superman Beyond
>>
>>94107910
Geoff Johns. The New 52 Justice League Origin arc was his and DC's movie pitch.
>>
>>94108075
for whatever reason they like to do this shit in trilogies. they won't do Darkseid until Justice League 3
>>
>>94110164
That's better than Dakseid losing to a newly formed group of strangers who have never worked together before
>>
>>94107910
Why didn't they just dress up someone like Sean Bean in armor?
>>
>>94108150
G. Gordon Godfrey m8.

Brute force didn't work twice so they'll try the subtle approach
>>
>>94110148
But Steppenwolf isn't in this story.

In fact, Steppenwolf only appeared in the last arc of Johns' Justice League.
>>
File: darkseid_speech1.jpg (389KB, 1600x758px) Image search: [Google]
darkseid_speech1.jpg
389KB, 1600x758px
>>94110374
It's going to happen
>>
>>94110399
You can easily put him Darkseid's place for the Origin story though.
>>
>>94110399
You're right. But the emphasis on Darkseid/ Fourth World as the JL's first threat and the one that brings them together is adapted straight from the New 52, right down to the Parademons' usage as background mooks for the heroes to fight. Like Shazam, Geoff wanted his version as the one that gets adapted and thus, is in the public's consciousness.
>>
>>94110204
true, the start of New 52 Justice League was pants on head retarded. it also gives them time to introduce other members of the Justice League too.
what if they try to use large portions of Final Crisis for when they finally get to Darkseid? i can't decide if that would be awesome or a disaster.
>>
>>94110504
>Scenes constantly shifting to emphasize how badly Darkseid has fucked up time and space
>Darkseid evolving into the concept of evil itself
>Anti-Life
>The movie is proceeded by Superman Beyond and Batman RIP
>Movie Final Crisis ends with Bruce dying
>Superman Thought Robot vs Concept of evil Darkseid
>>
>>94109492

Is she okay?
>>
I think they're just back-ending the second one really badly by just having Steppenwolf on his own for this. Come Justice League 2 they've got to get through Darkseid, Kalibak, Glorious Godfrey, Desaad, Kanto, Granny Goodness and three or four Female Furies, quite possibly including Barda. And that's just the Apokolips side of things, not even counting New Genesis' denizens.

Even if they just do a fraction of those characters (and they probably will, in which case why bother in the first place? Just so Superman has a big evil guy to punch? Just use Mongul for that for fuck's sake, War World is a good enough threat for a JL movie if they don't want to do Starro) you're reducing the whole Fourth World setting to cheap spectacle villains or just making the audience more interested in this avalanche of newer characters rather than your actual main ones.

The Fourth World wasn't made to be shackled to regular DC solely to provide final video game bosses and I'm worried nobody in charge gets that.
>>
>>94110917
It's the interpretation DC started pushing in 2011, and unfortunately that's what is more movie-friendly. Darkseid is simply more marketable as a generic Thanos bad guy.
>>
>>94110917
>I think they're just back-ending the second one really badly by just having Steppenwolf on his own for this. Come Justice League 2 they've got to get through Darkseid, Kalibak, Glorious Godfrey, Desaad, Kanto, Granny Goodness and three or four Female Furies, quite possibly including Barda. And that's just the Apokolips side of things, not even counting New Genesis' denizens.
Glorious Godfrey can be introduced in any movie and his impact can be felt in every movie leading up to Darkseid
Granny Goodness and the Furies will be the plot of a Wonder Woman movie
Kalibak will be the miniboss of the Justice League movie that the League deals with while Superman and Batman confront Darkseid
>>
Nobody who's an actual fan of the comics. Should've just started with Starro and maybe thrown the White Martians in there, making it an origin story for the Martian Manhunter as well.
>>
>>94107910
Nobody cares, and it's fine. His role in the story will be akin to the tornadoes in Twister. Keep in mind that for half the League, it will be the first time we meet them. The focus should be on them, not on the villain.
He'll be like Ronan in GotG; a threat powerful enough to justify having everyone team-up, but who announces something worse.
>>
>>94107910
No one cares about Steppenwolf. I may have heard him mentioned exactly once in relation to Darkseid's motivations on this board before the whole BvS deleted scene thing happened. Meanwhile Darkseid gets mentioned in groups of people's favorite comic book villains regularly. No one cares about him simply as a villain.
>>
>>94111008

This. Darkseid is iconic, but only for how threatening he is, and his aesthetic. Same for the rest of Apok, and the New Gods. Very few people who sit in the theatre seats are going to give a shit about these characters beyond what impressive things that can do in a few minutes of screentime each. They can't picture Darkseid doing anything in his every day life, or even having one, given he is basically a personification of evil and darkness.

It's the same issue for Thanos. Death love, blah blah, he isn't interesting enough for his own ongoing, not to normies, so neither of them will get much focus, or will the characters around them that don't end up JLA/Avengers.

Their sole purpose is to look cool, maybe say a few cool evil lines, and then get beaten to a pulp by Superman/the heroes.

It's not that they can't make them genuinely compelling. It's that it's too much effort when that writing can go to the cast that are going to be on screen for more than ten minutes.
>>
Why couldn't we have gotten fucking Darkseid in this movie so we can have the legion of doom in 2?
>>
>>94108472
Well, they're already doing this anyway, so what's the point in holding back?

If you're going to blow your load with Superman's resurrection you might as well blow it on something big.
>>
I thought he was going to roll up to the Earth with a fleet of warships or something. Boom tubes are boring.
>>
>>94107910
>who is excited for Steppenwolf
Being excited for Steppenwolf is like trying to be hyped about a Jimmy Olson solo movie. Sure he's alright, but he's not what we REALLY want.
>>
>>94112220
I would be hyped for a Jimmy Olsen movie.
>>
>>94107910
Getting Johns' shitty Justice League origin with annoying MCU Big Bad buildup is not a recipe for excitement.
>>
>>94112220
>hyped about a Jimmy Olson solo movie
That would be the hypest shit WB could possibly do.
>>
>>94107910
I havn't read the nu52 interpretation of the new gods but if steppenwolf is around and isn't a clone, who killed highfathers wife? Also the reason he seems stupid choice to me is because he is the most none new god in the og comics but that might have changed in the nu52.
>>
>>94107910
Screw Steppenwolf, give me Kanto in a comic-accurate costume.
>>
>>94112509
>>94112241
A Jimmy Olsen movie would unironically be the best possible introduction to the Fourth World if they were taking the slow and steady MCU route. You can piggyback off of wacky Superman's Best Pal adventures with Cavill showing up and actually having fun for once to that whole wider universe with Intergang and their Apokolpitian technology. Make Glorious Godfrey the bad guy and have it be a battle of their values, journalistic integrity versus fake news.
>>
>>94110917
I doubt they'll use Darkseid for JL2. They'll probably pull a TDK trilogy, have the second movie have some other villain, and then Darkseid for the third and final one.

But they really are busting their load early by going with Fourth World shit so early. They should've started with Starro, have the second movie be the Legion of Doom or something, then bring in Darkseid for the third movie. And go full on Multiversal crisis shenanigans if there's a fourth movie.
>>
>>94111260
The difference for Thanos though, is that he shows moments of vulnerability, which gives him slightly more nuance. Moments where that isn't played for a laugh either, but are actually designed to let you in on what drives Thanos. I can't for the life of me imagine Darkseid shedding a tear, whereas Thanos has been shown to do so on multiple occasions.
>>
>>94113431
>The difference for Thanos though, is that he shows moments of vulnerability, which gives him slightly more nuance.
Nah, Thanos is just more of a pussy who feels the need to justify his awful actions. Darkseid already grew beyond that. Darkseid is.
>>
>>94113497
Exactly. He's a one-dimensional archetype.
>>
>>941150
Does there need to be another invasion with him?

It could just be Darkseid, completely alone, ready to fuck shit sideways. Make him so powerful, it would take every last bit of effort from whole League to bring him down. Maybe even a sun dipped Supes.
>>
>>94113530
He just doesn't need Freudians excuses like Thanos.
>>
>>94113912
>>94108150
>>
>>94107910
Couldn't most JLA'ers kick his ass? He never seemed to be any more powerful than a regular human in any earlier appearance. Is he any more powerful these days?
>>
>>94114242

Given that he (and his army) are clearly enough to shake Aquamans bravado, and we are fairly certain Superman is going to arrive and then fuck him so hard Darkseid feels it, he is likely is that grey area between Clark and Diana in physical super ability and skill.
>>
>>94112509
Too bad that will never happen after BvS.
>>
>>94113912
>>94113942
So....basically what Avengers is doing with Thanos?
>>
>>94114242
Yea Steppenwolf is the new god version of normal. He has even dies a few times.

If anything he would just have a lot of Apokolips technology like armor and super guns.
>>
>>94113932
He doesn't need a personality either, apparently.
>>
>>94114456
Flashpoint will fix everything
>>
>>94107910
So is Steppenwolf an ayy lmao in Justice League or a dude in suit?
>>
>>94114513
Thanos has the Black Order. And probably more Chitauri.
>>
File: 07-steppenwolf.w1200.h630.jpg (226KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
07-steppenwolf.w1200.h630.jpg
226KB, 1200x630px
I actually liked his weird Destiny boss monster look in BvS. I'm bummed that DC wimped out and decided to make him another off-color big guy.
>>
File: [email protected] (51KB, 163x152px) Image search: [Google]
3533466@200-1268105877.jpg
51KB, 163x152px
>>94107910
I was not expecting him after the ending of Batman v Superman

With Lex announcing that he got the attention of something out in space I was expecting Brainiac or Warworld. Maybe Dominators or Citadel if they wanted to be obscure. Starro if they were really going full silver age.

But second rate New God lackey...nope. I did not even think New gods when they mentioned contacting something in space.
>>
>>94114580
And Darkseid has Kalibak, The Furies, and legions of Parademons whats your point?
>>
>>94110688
That was on Earth 2, their version of the trinity was killed
>>
>>94110485
Curse of Shazam was a pretty story/movie pitch, I wouldn't mind if that was the basis for the DCEU movie.
>>
>>94107910
No one. It should've been Starro, Despero, or Brainiac.
>>
>>94112241
>>94112895
Jimmy Olsen was the CIA agent who dies in Batman V Superman
>>
>>94108587
Cathy Bates for Granny Goodness.

Also fucking A captcha, I had to go through 15 of those things.
>>
Avengers villains include
>Loki
>Ultron
>Zemo
>Thanos

Justice League villains include
>Doomsday... I guess?
>Steppenwolf

Hmm...
>>
>>94108150
>Pretty much. I wouldnt mind Steppenwolf getting more spotlight but making him the main villain of Justice League just seems silly to me

I feel the opposite thing.

One of the biggest mistakes in the Nu52 was burning Darkseid on the first arc of Justice League, in a role that could have easily been played by any lower-tier heavy hitter, like Mongul.

Steppenwolf is good. He's a big guy, but a small big guy.
>>
People in here hoping for a movie version of Final Crisis are insane, which I think is a prerequisite for enjoying the comic version.

A movie where the villain is the embodiment of evil and a robot of Superman is the embodiment of the heroic ideal who cannot lose and Superman beats the villain by singing is too much.
>>
>>94114730
>>94114732
no one is hoping for Darkseid in the first movie, or if they are, they are delusional. People were hoping for someone other than NotDarkseid.
>>
>>94114761

I mean I wanted Mongul

I just want Mongul in general
>>
>>94114725
>4 Avenger teamup movies
>4 villains

>2 Justice League teamup movies
>2 villains

Hmm...
>>
>>94107910
Yes but he has always been my favorite new god.
>>
>>94114730
This >>94114761. We didnt need to dip into New God material this early
>>
>>94114580
>And probably more Chitauri
Wouldn't mind if he gave his cyborg army an upgrade or an update, personally. The guys like Hawkeye and Falcon need something they can faght against while Strange and Hulk fight the Black Order, but it would be repetitive if it looked so similar to Avengers 1's final battle a second time.
>>
>>94108083
Where did he do all this baller shit?
>>
Should have been white Martians
>>
>>94114792
>marvel
>a bunch of iconic avengers villains

>DC
>a one note villain that only ever had one important story
>just a hold over until Darkseid
fuck, even googling his name + "comics" literally brings up mostly the scene from BvS which goes to show how much of a fucking nobody he is. Try googling Loki Comics or Zemo Comics.
>>
File: step.png (1MB, 1652x574px) Image search: [Google]
step.png
1MB, 1652x574px
>>94114867
>even googling his name + "comics"
forgot to include the pic
>>
>>94114563
He's a big wrinkly-faced grey ayylmao in a suit. It's gonna make Darkseid seem repetitive by the time the sequel rolls around.
>>
>>94114662
I'm saying it would be nice if it was just him for a change. No Parademons, make him more than enough for them to handle.
>>
>>94108083
That sounds awesome.
>>
>>94115008
Anon I think we need more for a movie than Darkseid doing a title bout for the Earth
>>
>>94115113
>Stepping Wolf fails to capture earth, which Darky's been wanting for centuries

>Literally "Fine, i'll do it myself"
>>
>>94114867
Ultron and Zemo were nothing like they are in the comics and Loki got his ass kicked like 5 times in the first movie.
>>
>>94115329
Still better than Steppenwolf
>>
>>94109492

>She she cums but you still suckin
>>
>>94109492
And then he kidnapped her daughter and brainwashed her into his number 2.
>>
>>94114725

Justice League can use Despero, Mongul (another Thanos/Darkseid type) and Brainiac, which are cool enough. Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor are the biggest ones for any kind of team/event/crossover story.

I hate the current MCU is totally devoid of any Red Skull, Kang the Conqueror and High Evolutionary stories.
>>
>>94115495
Gotta milk her till she's a brainless cow.
>>
>>94116996

JL movies are going to come maybe as often as Avenger ones, so really, the bubble will likely burst or a soft reboot occur before they need too many villains. Those you list should last out the DCEU easily.

Brainiac is the most likely follow up to Darkseid, as a different but still threatening prospect.
>>
>>94115459
Steppenwolf has 30 seconds of footage and feels more threatening than Ultron ever did.
>>
>>94117301
I'd put Starro before Brainiac. Between the Starro drones, giant Starro, and the humanoid Starro you've got all you need for villain setup that allows you to utilize your entire cast without running into powerlevel issues.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.