[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not trying to start a company wars thread or something similar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: cars 3 bo.png (138KB, 884x535px) Image search: [Google]
cars 3 bo.png
138KB, 884x535px
Not trying to start a company wars thread or something similar but let's speculate guys

Why do think you Cars 3 is under-performing at the B.O.? I recall the teaser trailer being quite a big deal among the general public when it was released, and Cars was supposed to be Pixar's biggest cash-cow, also I believed kids and their parents liked racing cars in general and it's pretty rare for animated movies to do bad at the box office, even stuff like Norm of the North does well, so why does the combination of stuff everybody likes is not doing as well as you'll expect?
>>
Because it never had the nostalgia crowd and is really, really bland. So many garbage or mediocre movies this summer.
>>
>>94106835
It's always been the weakest franchise because it's for vey young kids who needs their hands held at the movies, but it sells billions in merchandising. So Disney will continue to churn sequels.
>>
No one likes Cars after the first movie.
>>
>>94106835
because it's a lazy, late sequel nobody cares about, just like every other Title+2 Disney ever shat out

but if they made it on a budget closer to Planes than Cars 2, they've made money already from the domestic alone
>>
I've yet to meet anyone in real life who gives a fuck about this franchise.
>>
>>94107725
no liked Cars during the first movie, either
>>
>>94106835
Because it's Cars, and because Pixar is dead.
>>
>>94106835
I like Pixar films but Cars was kinda lame.
And I don't even remember seeing a single ad for part 3. Probably just flew under everyone radar.
Hopefully Incredibles 2 saves Pixar
>>
>>94108183

I seriously doubt that they made it anywhere near that cheap. $170-$200 million is more likely just based on their track record.
>>
Too crowded a movie season.
>>
>>94106835
People generally disliked Cars 2 and Cars 3 was competing against Disposable Me 3 and Spiderman
>>
>>94106982
>but it sells billions in merchandising. So Disney will continue to churn sequels.

And also the fact that Lasseter has a car fetish.
>>
File: askyourmom.png (208KB, 410x453px) Image search: [Google]
askyourmom.png
208KB, 410x453px
>>94106835
Because 2 was a massive piece of shit and people who were kids when it were released got old enough to realize it was trash and think this isn't worth seeing because of it
Cars was never a popular franchise, but spawned a franchise thanks to merchandise sales
>>
>>94106835
Same thing that's happening with Pirates, kids are tired of the franchise.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.