[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the Death of Superman, one of the most important comic events

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: supes.png (40KB, 721x449px) Image search: [Google]
supes.png
40KB, 721x449px
>the Death of Superman, one of the most important comic events of the big 2
>single-handedly launches Doomsday into iconic villain territory
>oh wait nope, lol Superman is back again
>>
File: 1496813367131.jpg (133KB, 495x625px) Image search: [Google]
1496813367131.jpg
133KB, 495x625px
>>94084860
>"You're a very smart boy"
For You
>>
Killing Superman was arguably the stupidest thing Snyder did in BvS.
>>
>>94084860
Cringe as the DCEU revive Superman as a Darkseid's minion and try to pass it as a legit "Injustice adaptation"
>>
>>94084860
I mean... it's one of the bigger ones and got good media coverage but I'm not sure you could call it "important."

LOL Right...

That's what happened after Death of Superman though.
>>
>>94084860
>Doomsday
>Iconic villain
>>
>>94084959
Better to get that and the Bat/Supes cock fight out of the way.
>>94085025
It boils my blood when I see the retards who want Injustice. Fucking morons, like DCEU hasn't butchered the characters enough?
>>
>>94085061
the death of superman pose is literally his most iconic cover
>>
File: im_shocked.gif (884KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
im_shocked.gif
884KB, 360x240px
>>94084860
>DC is fucking retarded
>>
>>94085025
>legit "Injustice adaptation"
We earth 2 now nigga
>>
>>94085110
>death of superman cover
>>
>>94085079
>>94085061
He is though. Normies know who he is. The issue he appears in is the best selling comic of all time. Superman: Doomsday is the best selling DCAU movie.
>>
Death of Superman wasnt a good arc to begin with and Doomsday isnt a character
>>
Death of Superman wasn't really important. Everyone agrees it was poorly written as a story. It's only worth mentioning because of what it did to the spectator market. Please learn about comic history before making dumb threads like this.
>>
File: Action Comics 1.jpg (203KB, 584x865px) Image search: [Google]
Action Comics 1.jpg
203KB, 584x865px
>>94085110
>the death of superman pose is literally his most iconic cover
Jesus, I know this and OP is just a shitpost and all but I could easily name at least a dozen Superman covers more iconic than Death of Superman. Here's an easy one in pic.
>>
>>94085110
Let's play along, what do you think the pose on the cover was?
>>
>>94085149
>Normies know who he is
Anon stop you're killing me.
>>
>>94085190
man look at that. he picked an automobile straight over his head!
>>
>>94085190
I like how lifting cars and no-selling pistol bullets are worthy of all those holy shit faces back in the day, and now it's all fucking retarded shit like HE HAS ULTIMATE REALITY POWERS AN HE CAN FLY BY MULTIVERSES AND DESTROY THEM CAUSE HE BEAT UP GOD THAT ONE TIME HERPDERHERPDOO
WHY DON'T PEOPLE TAKE COMICS SERIOUSLY
>>
>>94085237
I meant cover, refer to >>94085148
>>
>>94085241
Normies is pushing it but casuals definitely do.
>>
>>94085190
This is maybe an iconic cover to comic nerds but no one in the mainstream would recognize it. A ripped supes cape on a stick anyone would understand.
>>
>>94085331
I think casuals are the only ones who give a fuck about Doomsday.
>>
>>94085371
>Nobody in the mainstream would recognize the most famous and most valuable comic book of all time.
Right...
>>
Where did this idea come from that Doomsday was anything more than a plot device? They literally made him up just to kill Superman.
>>
>>94084860
People who say this really show they didn't read the comic.

>Dies
>4 issues later, he's back.
>Complaining about DC bringing him back already.
>>
>>94085454
It's what people like OP from /tv/ pass around so they can appear knowledgeable. Movie fans are fake as fuck.
>>
>>94085110
>>94085371
Who the fuck are you and how much are you being payed to spread lies?
>>
>>94084860
Death of Superman is fucking terrible and was a major reason for the industry crash in the 90s
>>
>>94085093
>DCEU hasn't butchered the characters enough?

how has it butchered anyone? because it portrayed batman killing as a bad thing? what? you're craz.
>>
>>94086124
Don't bother arguing, you'll just get the same regurgitated arguments from people who didn't watch the movies.
>>
>>94084860
Just like the comics!
>>
File: e58.jpg (8KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
e58.jpg
8KB, 276x183px

yeah, I forgot how superman's death stuck after the comic series too.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.