[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gr lpSr9YqU Who was in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: john k.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
john k.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GrlpSr9YqU

Who was in the right here, /co/?
>>
>Nick was already firing the whole studio BUT rehiring most of them at a much cheaper cost and Nick was gonna be in control creatively with Ren and Stimpy, not John K.

>The walk out was going to force Nick to either let them have control, or lose their biggest and most successful cartoon at the time(Ren and Stimpy was a very big deal at the time for Nick) because everyone who worked on it would refuse.

So despite John K being a hard to work with asshole, Billy West did sell out and tanked the whole effort.
>>
>>94075299
I hope Roger Waters strangles Howard Stern like Leia when she kills Jabba
>>
>>94075776

Why Waters?
>>
Howard was a complete asshole for doing this. He doesn't know who John K is or care, he just knew Billy had a feud with someone he worked with and thought it would make good radio, and this was the tipping point that completely severed his and Billy's relationship (He's one of the only staff members who has never been back on the show since the 90s)

But regardless of the circumstances it really is something else to see the two interact while this was all going on and it's a really interesting watch to really get how the two feel about the whole ordeal.
>>
File: 1495325663365.jpg (30KB, 405x248px) Image search: [Google]
1495325663365.jpg
30KB, 405x248px
Seriously, OP

Why do you keep reposting this every couple of weeks? Why are you so obsessed with this video? I don't mind, just really want to know your motivation.
>>
>>94076132

For a supposed wild man asshole, John K is being incredibly restrained.

>>94076199

Legit first time i posted this. I was just rewatching Ripping Friends and remembered that /co/ knew a lot of stuff about John K, and this was in the suggested videos so i watched it. It's just Stren trying to bait John K and West into a confrontation, but then i read up on the whole situation and it seems like Billy DID fuck over John K's strike.
>>
Billy was a scumbag
>>
>>94078009

He just wanted to keep his job though
>>
>>94078060
He would've kept it if he struck with the rest
>>
>>94078009
>I'm a successful and marketable voice actor
>But let me ruin my career by staying on with a literal autist because he can't meet deadlines.

If you think Billy was a scumbag I'd hate to hear what you think a decent person is.
>>
>>94078235
It was a big fucking strike
>>
>>94078367
>>94078235
>>94075612
While Billy ruining the strike is a dickish thing, he has mentioned that John K would pretty much abuse his voice actors by asking them to do scream takes a hundred times until they got the right one. There were two resolutions to this and neither were good:

>A. Billy doesn't ruin the strike but quits the show because he can't afford to ruin his vocal cords like that
>B. Billy ruins the strike but keeps his job with a more reasonable director.

Alternatively, there's a C. option in which Billy could've confronted John about more reasonable working conditions, but I feel like John would've just called Billy a pussy.
>>
>>94078235

The entire team was in on it because they were going to be paid less. Do you really not know why and how strikes work and why scabs and strekbrechers (like Billy) are hated so much?
>>
File: kubrick-1.jpg (97KB, 500x435px) Image search: [Google]
kubrick-1.jpg
97KB, 500x435px
>>94078472
>John K would pretty much abuse his voice actors by asking them to do scream takes a hundred times until they got the right one

It's called "directing"
>>
>>94078512
Ruining a voice actor's vocal cords is more like mismanagement.
>>
Why is John K so handsome holy shit
>>
>>94078367
>It was a big fucking strike
So fucking what? Man's gotta eat.

>The entire team was in on it because they were going to be paid less
Because of John and his weapons-grade autism.

Billy is blameless in this. John's pissy because the blame for the entire situation falls on him, and he scapegoats Billy because it's convenient.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.