[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

serious discussion what are your thoughts on the state of animation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1166079.jpg (90KB, 300x359px) Image search: [Google]
1166079.jpg
90KB, 300x359px
serious discussion
what are your thoughts on the state of animation today? Do you really think it was better years ago
>inb4 90s baby
or is that just rose colored glasses?
>>
>>94071745
IMO its that same state of the movie and television industry. There is so much product being made and being able to be made it waters everything down. Ive worked with and around cartoonists since the mid to late 90s, back then it was basically a grinder to see who could hack it. You either had to go to the schools and make connections that way or be some seriously talented SOB of the street and get discovered (and even then you had to work up the chain). Now with the internet and social media sites you can get a surplus of talented to "talented" folks at the drop of a hat or even market yourself without a network. Its great in some ways, bad in others but overall I think it just inflates the industry
>>
>>94071745
I think that modern animation is a fucking joke.
The stuff for kids is too bubbly and loud and the stuff for adults is relies too much on crude and shock humor.
Disney took Pixar and ran that company to the ground by making it the sequel factory. And I can't get myself excited for Hey Arnold or Rocko just because of the shitfest that was the final season of Samurai Jack. I'm fucking tired of companies trying to cash in from the past.
2D animation has died in my eyes. Nearly all animated movies rely on 3D animation and the 2D animation used on cartoons is just ugly. Steven Universe is too inconsistent and The Loud House plays it too simple.
Honestly, I think I may be tired of cartoons in general. Even the stuff I grew up on makes me feel like a fucking idiot when rewatching.
>>
I love Shrek, but fuck it for popularizing cash-cow, lowest common demoninator stupid fucking movies like Minons, Nut Job, and the Emoji movie.
And fuck the people that are seeing these movies and supporting them.
>>
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Happy-06.jpg (10KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Happy-06.jpg
10KB, 300x250px
>>94072253
I agree with everything you said. Its nice to find out youre not alone
>>
>>94071745
it is rose colored glasses, but also a little bit of >>94072241
>>94072253
there arent that many more cartoons now and im sure back then the old guard of the hanna barbera carttons being pushed out said the same things. But, there is a flush of animators now and endless platforms to use and everything seems to reminiscent of youtube poop random XD shorts that have so meaning. the ones that havent been cancelled are now shells of what they were (spongebob and fairly odd parents) and the endless reboots are sad
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.